Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (27837 Views)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Iykopee(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
They have started again with their religious madness. This is the same reason Christians are kicking against Muslim Muslims ticket.

This country is not an Islamic country and anybody who wants to turn the tide around would face the music.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mide1data:
Yep. Its official, 9ja now an islamic country.

How? The Hijab is only for those who want to use! Not even for all Muslims as not all Muslims use Hijab

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by GreyLaw(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
mfm04622:

This is a Supreme Court judgement, so the judgement is for the whole of Nigeria!

Lol... that's not how the law works. Its a case of Lagos state. Other states have other peculiarities. If they go to court, their cases will be looked at individually with their individual pros and cons.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Parachoko: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
GreyLaw:

No, it doesn't work that way. It is for public schools in Lagos. Every state that has sa,e issues will go to court with their own peculiarities and the court would look at it individually. Although precedence has been set.
That's why am saying is for all the schools in Nigeria. Muslim girls can wear a hijab to any school of thier choice in Nigeria, they are fully back by this judgement.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
triple996:
Some people go wail today grin

They have started already
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
GreyLaw:

He came in peace and wrote like a gentleman, but you write like an unschooled maniac!
and think like a dumbass ass
As
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Empiree: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Cyynthia:

Next is full establishment of Sharia law not only in Lagos, but the entire south west.. No wonder MURIC/Yoruba Muslims and Tinubu are pushing for a Muslim Muslim ticket.....

Yoruba christians wake up and stop being docile.. Think about the future of your children.. Those idio*t shouting religion doesn't matter will never tolerate this if it's the other way round...

I repeat..... Yoruba Christians Wake Up!!
why are you pained over hijab?. Muslims own Nigeria... Don't you get it?. Since you guys have been yawning for "islamisation", so shall it be. We are giving it to you. Deal with it cool
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School

Were Christians being stopped from using it before?
If they were stopped, I believe it is a general ban on jewelry in schools, not targeted against Christians
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
nigga STFU

How is it paining your ass that a small girl wear hijab in public school?

It is public school and they have their Right

That means any one can wear any uniform or accessory to school in order to protect a certain religion or personal believe.
Why then are we fooling ourselves we are practicing a secular constitution? We should just say we are a Christian- Muslim theocracy.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by CaptainFM1: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Religion will continue to destroy us, unless we find a way to separate religion from our day to day activities.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Mide1data: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
mfm04622:

How? The Hijab is only for those who want to use! Not even for all Muslims as not all Muslims use Hijab
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
mfm04622:

Were Christians being stopped from using it before?
If they were stopped, I believe it is a general ban on jewelry in schools, not targeted against Christians
Why would there be a general general ban on jewelry in schools, when certain jewelries are worn as a religious obligation?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

That means any one can wear any uniform or accessory to school in order to protect a certain religion or personal believe.
Why then are we fooling ourselves we are practicing a secular constitution? We should just say we are a Christian- Muslim theocracy.
were whatever you want,that is your problem
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Nchenches: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
HonNL:
https://www.nairaland.com/1954380/court-upholds-ban-use-hijab#27231587: (High Court)

https://www.nairaland.com/3240677/appeal-court-allows-hijab-lagos#47756345: (Appeal Court)

SOURCE

Sharia laws - Nigeria is getting there.
In 2018, according to the CJN:
[after all, we have the numbers in the National Assembly to include Sharia criminal justice system in the Constitution of Nigeria] - so boasted the then newly appointed Tanko Mohammed, as Chief Justice of Nigeria.
Lagos State Government and others are hamstrung by the unitary government system imposed by northern military dictators.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Mide1data: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
mfm04622:

Little drops of water can make a great ocean.
It all starts little by little.

Xame tin goes for the islamization of 9ja.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Religion will continue to destroy us, unless we find a way to separate religion from our day to day activities.
Religion is the worst legacy of our enslavement and colonialism. Its effects are more long lasting and destructive than slavery itself.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by APCnaPDP: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:
Yoruba Muslims ti take over . cheesy

The fear of OWO attack is the beginning of Wisdom. grin cheesy

They will rather be forcefully converted, than vote an Igbo messiah. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Emir of lagos coming soon.... grin grin

Tinubu to the caliphate: Is this judgement enough to make me president or should I ban Churches in lagos? grin grin

Igbo Justice onyeabor tried to save them, unfortunately they will rather become slaves than have an Igbo messiah. grin cheesy cheesy

Are they forcing non-Muslim students to wear Hijab? Why are you people scared of hijab?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
were whatever you want,that is your problem
But it's your guys that are more obsessed with what others wear, eat or drink. You guys get violent trying to impose your way of life on others.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by CaptainFM1: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
I guess Traditional Worshippers can wear these to school too?

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by excanny: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:
Lagos is officially a Muslim state...

When you have an all-Muslim jury on the panel. What do you expect?

Yet they have Islamic private schools where they can freely wear hijab, but they are too broke to attend.

But the secular schools they can attend, they won’t allow us rest with hijab wearing.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Opolopoopolonio: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:

They will rather be forcefully converted, than vote an Igbo messiah. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Tinubu to the caliphate: Is this judgement enough to make me president or should I ban Churches in lagos? grin grin

Igbo Justice onyeabor tried to save them, unfortunately they will rather become slaves than have an Igbo messiah. grin cheesy cheesy

She is NOT Igbo!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Opolopoopolonio: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
That's why am saying is for all the schools in Nigeria. Muslim girls can wear a hijab to any school of thier choice in Nigeria, they are fully back by this judgement.

No they can't where it to a private school with regulations against such. They will simply be thrown out! grin
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
GreyLaw:

Lol... that's not how the law works. Its a case of Lagos state. Other states have other peculiarities. If they go to court, their cases will be looked at individually with their individual pros and cons.

No!

That is NOT how it works.
Court judgements set precedents. They are laws until set aside by judgement from superior courts or by laws made by National Assembly.
This is a fundamental right thing, so it covers all the state.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by 145fauzia: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
InterestingInteresting...
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by blingxx(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
I don't know why y'all affected by little girls wearing hijab to school people do these a over the world undecided even in the West ...
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by FuckOsuPigs: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:

Yeh, yeh, yeh...

And I guess the 5 people killed in Enugu on Wednesday were not Igbos.

Akindanidani grin
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by CaptainFM1: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

Religion is the worst legacy of our enslavement and colonialism. Its effects are more long lasting and destructive than slavery itself.

I absolutely agree with you.

I've been thinking how the panel of judges were constituted? How many Muslims were there? How many Christians? How many traditional worshippers were there?

Mark my word, this judgement will further lead to segregation of schools.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by blingxx(m): 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
CaptainFM1:
I guess Traditional Worshippers can wear these to school too?

Yes on cultural day .. hijab is just a Vail to cover the head why are you so pained ?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

Why would there be a general general ban on jewelry in schools, when certain jewelries are worn as a religious obligation?

Is any school stopping the use of rosary? Catholic students have been using Rosary on their necks without issue.
What exactly are you saying?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Yorubaipobhausa(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:

you are a big fool
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Iliya1520: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
I don't know why Christian are always against covering women's nude, if na going school without cloths I knw they will support it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dokubo Seeks Permission To Battle Niger Coup Leaders / Treck For Gej From Abuja To Otuoke. / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.