Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? (12225 Views)

Guys Who Keep Comparing White And Nigerian Girls / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / Men With Super-pretty Wives Running After Other Girls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 22, 2006
Whenever i see a fine chick, i start thinking, hmmm what does my G/F not have that this babe has got? Is she too fat? Too little a$$? And i wonder if its normal. Somebody speak up
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Seun(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2006
Maybe you don't love her that much. That's why you are still noticing other babes. When the love is clouding your mind you will not be thinking of how she compares to other babes. When you're in it for the sake of being in a relationship at all costs, then you'll be thinking about how to get a "better model".

So you are obviously not in love, but does it matter that much for a successful long-term relationship?
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2006
if i were ur galfriend, i'd be very mad if i found out datz what u're doing
i want 2 have ma guy's undivided attention
me,myself n i is al he's got
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by cheekee(f): 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2006
if i were your girlfrien, i would dump you right away cause you don't love me!!too bad she doesn't know this!!!tame yourself man be appricieative with what you have,,,you know that saying you don't treasure what you have until you loose it!!think about it wink
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by disney(f): 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2006
Sup,

Thats so sad, poor girlfriend thinking you love her not knowing her bobo de compare am . Its better u get out of the relationship yourself because obviously u don't like/love your girl and u definately cheat on her. So better u quit it now than later.  cry
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by smartsoft(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2006
lol kinda funny Disney
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by cheekee(f): 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2006
true talk disney,!
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2006
It aint my mind that's rovin'. It's them eyes shocked shocked can't seem to help it, am a guy. And guys NOTICE things, i hear. Not that i dont preciate the gal, nah.

Seun:

Maybe you don't love her that much. That's why you are still noticing other babes.
I dont quite agree with u seun. right now she has a place no othr girl can take. xcept she steps, that is.

Seun:

When the love is clouding your mind you will not be thinking of how she compares to other babes.

Aint tru. Ah, seun, try living/working among cuties u actually have a small trace of liking for.

Seun:

When you're in it for the sake of being in a relationship at all costs, then you'll be thinking about how to get a "better model".

Actually, what happens is i be thinking of how to make her a better model so i dont have to drool angry

Seun:

So you are obviously not in love, but does it matter that much for a successful long-term relationship?
Uh oh. maybe i am not. I like the girl to the point that i have made up my mind that no matter how mad she makes me or how bad she gets, i wont let go of her. I am terribly psychologically and spiritually committed to her. Maybe my definition of love is wrong then - i am not "tripping", like guys wd say. or feeling mushy. But I love her presence and it makes me feel like there is a light in my world, makes me feel like taking care of her 4eva.

@Rhody:
Rhodalyn:

if i were your galfriend, i'd be very mad if i found out datz what u're doing
i want 2 have ma guy's undivided attention
me,myself n i is al he's got
If u were my galfriend, there'd be nothin u cd do bout it. Cos guys neva stop lookin'. She actually gets my undivided attention, until a "showstopper" babe happens by. And i have to remind myself that "your mind is made up". But it never stops me from wanting her to look like that

@cheekee:
cheekee:

if i were your girlfrien, i would dump you right away cause you don't love me!!too bad she doesn't know this!!!tame yourself man be appricieative with what you have,,,you know that saying you don't treasure what you have until you loose it!!think about it wink
Opps, good thing u aint cos that wuz rather harsh! I always rmember that my body duznt ctrol my mind, its vice versa. But if sth is meant to CATCH your attention, and you a guy, it WILL. The thing is, you dont HAVE to do anything about it. I always end up asking myself what i can do for her to make her look THAt good and make me stare at her THAT much. About the love part, well - maybe i dont actually know if i love her, cos i dont feel butterflies in my stomach when shes around; instead i feel a kind of peace and completeness. What name do we call that?

I wonder at myself. I really do. I must be twisted.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by cheekee(f): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2006
*calls pastor* please pray for this young man!!
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by cheekee(f): 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2006
@gridlock so sorry i didn't mean to hurt you or be rude but rather any womans insinuation undecided undecided
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 23, 2006
I don't ever want to have to ask this "when your spouse starts getting fat" question. I dread it the way i dread heights.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by weev(f): 5:31am On Feb 23, 2006
its totally normal to look it just the unfavorable comparisons that are unhealthy, if you are in love or falling in love then this will stop, not the looking that will continue your whole life until your eyes or libido gives out.

and do not feel to bad i can assure you your girl is looking to we're just sneakier. grin
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by chinani(f): 9:52am On Feb 23, 2006
i'd like to cosign WEEV's comment. looking is normal. unfavorable comparisons are NOT a good sign. perhaps, you are nervous about being in love and your mental dissing of your GF is the only way you know how to act out, or perhaps this love is not forever

but, at least your conscious of it and evaluate your actions! good job. whatever you do, dont cheat on her. it'll only ruin what you have. breaking up would be better.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by IBBFan(m): 4:15am On Feb 25, 2006
your name says it all. your greed is locked n that's y your girl remains #1 for you. as my guy, i'l jus put it 2 u lyk this. if there r things u kno u can uz 2 upgrade her 2 standard n r within your capacity, get it done fast 2. 1 thin remains 4 sure, fyn girls no dey finish 4 this lyf. jus focus on your baby.

so if u go look, no VAT. but when u proceed, u mus pay full price!!

*whisper* (e b lyk say gridlock dey vex as im babe no gather enough amenities)
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by IBBFan(m): 4:20am On Feb 25, 2006
there r also girls dat compare their guys n get lost in fantasies. let's not cari d blame alone, men.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2006
U beta carry blame alone IBB cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2006
please stop wasting the poor girl's time embarassed
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by maki(f): 2:57pm On Apr 06, 2006
you cant get 100% of everything you want in a relationship
if its up to 60% manage it and make up to the rest by yourself
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by curiousNja(f): 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2006
What if your girlfriend did that to you as well? How would it make you feel? What would you think of her? Do to others as you would like to be treated. Put yourself in her shoes for a minute and stop this already.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2006
If she did, i'd be glad if i never get to know. Somewhere deep inside of everybody, theres a selfish little fellow that cries "surely theres a beeter option", or "the grass is greener somewhere". What we crave is now what differs from person to person.

I admire my girlfriend and i dont regret being with her - i mean, she's got a great bod, guys trip over themselves for her, she's got a lovely character and she's in love with me - and we have similar life goals, but i wont pretend that i dont get these thoughts sometimes. I just wanted to know if it was normal.

For instance, how many of u guys will say they have seen a movie/pic of a very lovely chic and thoughts like "if that chick were mine, " or "if my girlfiend liooked like that, " NEVER came to their heads?
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by sputty: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2006
my guy, stop tormenting this girl and just free her.actually no girl likes to be compared with someone else and any guy in his right sense wont do dt to his chick if he really likes her .
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by IBBFan(m): 1:43am On Apr 13, 2006
well, it's only natural. same way no guy would feel comfortable if his chic started comparing or wishing upon a star for a "better" guy.

by the way grid, could you put a pic of your girl up so that a brother like me can give more tips on how to keep you relationship steady without flipping.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by eveseh(f): 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2006
u dont think ya girlf is so musch beautiful than the other girls
u think the other girls are so beautiful than ya girlfriend
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2007
well for one looks is not everything, so far u only notice other girls appearance but u dont notice thier habits or thier personalities. your girl is your girl for a reason which is not looks so u r obviously trying to see how u can make her better. you cant do dat by comparing, just look for her good characteristics and improve on that.
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by Bolarge(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2007
@Dallawx

Word!
Re: Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? by whyamiso: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
I wonder Gridlock if you still happen to check nairaland from time to time. If so, could you tell us how the things worked out for you? I'm currently in a similar situation as you.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Girl VS Nigerian Girls Chats, See Proof! / . / Leaked Transcript Of An Interview Of An Alien From The Roswell Crash Of 1947

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.