Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Car Smoking Occasionally - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Smoking Occasionally (11182 Views)

Solution To Oil Shortage And Smoking Engines / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil / Can Engine Ringing Solve Problem Of Smoking And weak engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Chuksaluta(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:
If i drive for a 5mins or more, white or light blue smoke will suddenly come out and within 2 mins, it will stop. Sometimes, when i accelerate, the smoke will come out much, other times, it won't. Still yet, it smokes sometimes even i don't accelerate at all.

Comparatively, most times, it doesn't smoke. But when it does, it comes out quite much and stops gradually. But when i start the car, it doesn't bring smoke.

What could be the fault.? Your advice needed to also guide me with all these mechanics.

Car. Is 2.2 camry

Check if you are using the right engine oil specification.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Munzy14(m): 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The previous owner of your car was a chain smoker, your car enjoyed it's previous owner cos he ensured that smoke saturated the whole car.

Unfortunately, when you bought it, you stopped smoking and the car after growing tired of waiting for you to saturate smoke around it decided to improvise. That's what you're expecting right now. Your can has taken matters into it's own hands.

This I have seen.
Clown... grin grin grin
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by pswglobal(m): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

I just browsed about PCV... The information there looks as if its the problem i am facing. But none of the mechanic has told me about PCV as a possible cause.

Pls, where can one find d pcv. Under the car or top area. Is there another name local mechanics call it?

Is the pcv in tiny light, 1999 to 2000 model?
pcv is called positive crankcase ventilation valve and u can find it on cylinder head.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Goldbw122(m): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:
If i drive for a 5mins or more, white or light blue smoke will suddenly come out and within 2 mins, it will stop. Sometimes, when i accelerate, the smoke will come out much, other times, it won't. Still yet, it smokes sometimes even i don't accelerate at all.

Comparatively, most times, it doesn't smoke. But when it does, it comes out quite much and stops gradually. But when i start the car, it doesn't bring smoke.

What could be the fault.? Your advice needed to also guide me with all these mechanics.

Car. Is 2.2 camry
Check your oil in the morning if the oil is short know that the oil rings is bad so you have to go to a mechanic workshop to fix it up..

But if it is not shorten I mean the oil you will know that it is the airflow.. that will require an electrician to check your car... So good luck and ask the mechanic to check if there is any linkage of oil..
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by akpunda86: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

Suspecting so but last mechanic opened top of the engine and seal it well, he suggested that oil maybe leaking from that side and there were stains of oil on the sides of the engine cover.

I then put new oil less than 24hr ago, same thing. Though i am planning to properly monitor this new oil i just put in.

I
But if eventually its shorting oil... What could be next?

Bro ull pay me after this ,is not from Ur Engine oil rather check ur servo it's the hydraulic that is dropping on ur exhaust.surely Ur hydraulic de short,so Ur slave master for break is bad

1 Like

Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by CharleyBright(m): 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:
The previous owner of your car was a chain smoker, your car enjoyed it's previous owner cos he ensured that smoke saturated the whole car.

Unfortunately, when you bought it, you stopped smoking and the car after growing tired of waiting for you to saturate smoke around it decided to improvise. That's what you're expecting right now. Your can has taken matters into it's own hands.

This I have seen.

Hahahaha.
This retardeen got me cracking.
Quite funny though.
But on a serious note, Quit smoking dude.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goldbw122:

Check your oil in the morning if the oil is short know that the oil rings is bad so you have to go to a mechanic workshop to fix it up..

But if it is not shorten I mean the oil you will know that it is the airflow.. that will require an electrician to check your car... So good luck and ask the mechanic to check if there is any linkage of oil..

We blocked a suspected place of leakage, i am now monitoring this new oil i put in
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Goldbw122(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

We blocked a suspected place of leakage, i am now monitoring this new oil i put in
Ok, yeah it will definitely affect the engine if you put a oil that the quality is lower than how many quality did you put like we have 20w - 50 and many other so which one did you use
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by onunwa21(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Check ur engine oil!! Camry cars function best with Mobill & Total oil
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
akpunda86:

Bro ull pay me after this ,is not from Ur Engine oil rather check ur servo it's the hydraulic that is dropping on ur exhaust.surely Ur hydraulic de short,so Ur slave master for break is bad

My hydraulic was shorting, the mechanic opened the servo and saw that all the hydraulic was entering the servo. So he opened a small outlet and the hydraulic poured out, he rinsed with water and pour out again. Though, i doubt if everything poured out, it will remain small Sha.

Since then, my hydraulic cup is still full unlike before where it dries up with 3 days. Thus, if we emptied the servo, how is it dropping on the exhaust?

Well, ita after they worked on that hydraulic container and servo cleaning that I observed this smoking... You may have a strong point. I will go to another mechanic to check the work they did on the servo and hydraulic container engine (they went to service it or so)
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
pswglobal:
pcv is called positive crankcase ventilation valve and u can find it on cylinder head.

Yea, i have seen it... Will check if its bad also
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chuksaluta:

Check if you are using the right engine oil specification.

Was using seahorse... But just put in mobile xhp 20w/50... I will monitor it.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
stacyadams:
...how much did changing oil seal cost you?

Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

You car is a Camry 420 model now

How do you mean?
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by adubam(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

This guy False Prophet
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Chuksaluta(m): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

Was using seahorse... But just put in mobile xhp 20w/50... I will monitor it.

Which oil was recommended? I would have thought it to be 5W/30
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
onunwa21:
Check ur engine oil!! Camry cars function best with Mobill & Total oil

I just put in mobile xhp 20w/50... 4 days ago, monitoring if it will short.

1 Like

Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by adubam(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chuksaluta:

That car is old and abused. Using 5w30 is total waste at this point. The summary of this is his rings are bad
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goldbw122:

Ok, yeah it will definitely affect the engine if you put a oil that the quality is lower than how many quality did you put like we have 20w - 50 and many other so which one did you use

Been using seahorse 20w-50 but put in mobile xhp 20w-50 4 days ago...
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chuksaluta:

I don't know the recommended oil... I have looked at the engine cover, its not written there. I suspect also the engine is tokunbo not follow come.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
modskiller:
Might be the rings.

Also there are so many fake people engine oils in the market which causes gradual wear and tear of the engine so you’d need to be careful when buying engine oil.

I bought mobile from authorised dealer... Watching
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Olamide0918:
Sometimes it’s normal for your car to bring out white smoke when the weather is cold �

I know that one... Its not it
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Goldbw122(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

Been using seahorse 20w-50 but put in mobile xhp 20w-50 4 days ago...
Mobil Xhp is good, hmmm meet your mechanic to diagnose the problem.. ok
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Teejayadex:
Not a fault if it stop gradually, car smoke at start up seems to be normal, you can check Google for more.

It doesn't happen when I start engine, rather when ibhave driven fro awhile, it pops out and within a minute, stops and after another long minutes, up to 5, it happens again. Sometimes, up to 15 mins, no smoke
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goldbw122:

Mobil Xhp is good, hmmm meet your mechanic to diagnose the problem.. ok

I am gathering useful information here already... I will use it to guide my mechanic.

So far, i have understood somethings here, so i will ask him to check the PCV, the selvo, hydraulic container, coolant.

Before they thought of rings and piston. That should be the last not the first.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by phemmyfour: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

Car. Is 2.2 camry
Start saving to get new engine, otherwise sell it.

That's what happens if you use low grade oil or not servicing the car as and when due
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by Goldbw122(m): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
mine85:

I am gathering useful information here already... I will use it to guide my mechanic.

So far, i have understood somethings here, so i will ask him to check the PCV, the selvo, hydraulic container, coolant.

Before they thought of rings and piston. That should be the last not the first.
Yeah, good luck
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by pentsystems(m): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Scan your car and do some google research with your result .. you can get these bluetooth scanner from Jiji. https:///ilupeju/car-parts-and-accessories/vgate-icar2-bluetooth-obd2-scanner-6gx7Q93OFieDqfIR8AdoQrnW.html?page=1&pos=2&cur_pos=2&ads_per_page=2&ads_count=2&lid=iLD-8-fZH5iRKnrL. It goes for 10k and download car scanner on Google play store you can scan your car for free .. then you can Google the result and learn more about the problem before going to the mechanic to fix it with the direction you learnt online .. but from my experience if the smoke is whitish then it is a leaking coolant to your exhaust .. if it is blueish in colour then your injectors are failing and your car is pumping much fuel than required into the cylinder so you need to change all your injector , if it is blackish smoke then your piston rings are bad you need to get a good mechanic to replace that for you .. just get the scanner and scan it first then paste the result first.. I am not a mechanic but I like buying cars with engine problems and low mileage then fix it by using mechanic and my scanner to resale for a good price
mine85:

Car. Is 2.2 camry
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by mine85(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
pentsystems:
Scan your car and do some google research with your result .. you can get these bluetooth scanner from Jiji. https:///ilupeju/car-parts-and-accessories/vgate-icar2-bluetooth-obd2-scanner-6gx7Q93OFieDqfIR8AdoQrnW.html?page=1&pos=2&cur_pos=2&ads_per_page=2&ads_count=2&lid=iLD-8-fZH5iRKnrL. It goes for 10k and download car scanner on Google play store you can scan your car for free .. then you can Google the result and learn more about the problem before going to the mechanic to fix it with the direction you learnt online .. but from my experience if the smoke is whitish then it is a leaking coolant to your exhaust .. if it is blueish in colour then your injectors are failing and your car is pumping much fuel than required into the cylinder so you need to change all your injector , if it is blackish smoke then your piston rings are bad you need to get a good mechanic to replace that for you .. just get the scanner and scan it first then paste the result first.. I am not a mechanic but I like buying cars with engine problems and low mileage then fix it by using mechanic and my scanner to resale for a good price

You made valid points... The smoke is blueish or sky blue... I will also ask the mechanic to check injectors...

For scanner, not sure it will work, na old car, even my dashboard isn't showing the lights. Doesn't read well.
Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by kennosman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Once happened to me, very important information, most of the oil we use are not the proper recommended Oil for our car engine, this really affects the Engine,was recently a learned Guy told me to Check what is written on the cover of our Engine, the figure written there is the recommended Oil to use, not knowing that all the while i have been using a cheap oil of #10,500 (Mobil super 1000 20w 50) instead of ( Mobil 1 #30,500 5w 20 ).
The difference is clear Nah, not knowing i was Killn My Engine.

Re: Car Smoking Occasionally by pentsystems(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Still get a scanner sir .. so far it has obd port it will surely save you alot of cash and you can turn your car back to tokunbo
mine85:

You made valid points... The smoke is blueish or sky blue... I will also ask the mechanic to check injectors...

For scanner, not sure it will work, na old car, even my dashboard isn't showing the lights. Doesn't read well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Jump Start A Car / Dip Your Car / 8 Things You Probably Don't Know About Tesla. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.