Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? (477 Views)

Do We Really Have Guys Like This Nowadays? / Abortion : Ladies can do What they Like With Their Bodies ! ( graphic ) / 'Pretty Girls Don't Like Fine Guys, We Like Ugly Guys Who Dress Nice'- Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? by BunbleBee: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2022
I have heard people saying the following statement too many times, especially when they're been admonished:

"It's my life, I can live it the way I like or do whatever I like with it"

Is this true? Can we really do whatever we like with our lives? How will society look like when everyone does whatever they like because 'it's their lives' ?

cc: lalasticlala, Seun, Rocktation

Re: Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? by Nazgul: 7:14am On Jun 18, 2022
Yes you can do anything with your life. But… there’s a caveat: while you can do whatever you want with your life, actions generally have consequences, and consequences tend to be irreversible.

In Microsoft Word, if you type the wrong word you can just hit Ctrl+Z to “undo”. But most things in life have no “undo shortcut”. This is sometimes called the “direction arrow of time” or “karma”:

7 Likes

Re: Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? by Karleb(m): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
No.

Some actions carry big consequences. Very big ones.
Re: Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? by FalseProphet1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
Yes you can, but if things go south I'll be here to prophesy you back to your destiny for a small price.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Can We Really Do What We Like With Our Lives? by JOACHINpedro: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
Yes o, as long as you don't endanger another person

(1) (Reply)

At 28, I Haven’t Slept With A Girl! / Guys How Did You Feel When You Saw Your First White Beard ? / Why Do Women Prefer To Confide In Men And Not Fellow Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.