Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion (18248 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by VHILL: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingdemu:
Which kind erosion, OP? Gully erosion?

May be na wind erosion
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by ViceGovernor: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see the spirit of rebellion possessing the car. You would need 12 canes to flog out that spirit so that your car can be whole again.

This I have seen.
This man na cruise you be grin
When you look at Nigeria what do you see smiley
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by xtivin(m): 12:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
alamoht:
Good morning sir, like right now, I’m having issue with my own EOD too
If I start it, I can’t put it on gear and all the dash board signals non is showing.

Please help.
Fuse
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by kernniejay(m): 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Stanfeelings:

WHICH KIND ADVICE BE THIS? FOR NAIJA? U MUST SEE POTHOLE AND FLOOD. KUKUMA TELL AM TO STOP USING THE CAR
But na true I talk now, may be he should go buy SUV or truck grin
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by akpunda86: 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Melvinbenggy:
Hello everyone Good day, please I am having issues with honda eod 4 plugs anything I go through erosion the car turns off automatically and refuses to start till after some hrs please help me out what is the solutions engineer in the house.

File Photo

My broda u must have a loose connection some where,u better look 4 d solution urself as Nigerian Mechanics are the car killers them selves,wish u near me,Infix my car myself,do Air-conditioning or I stay with mechanic and watch him till he finish.all Naija mechanics are the same.

1 Like

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by victorsola: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
alamoht:
Good morning sir, like right now, I’m having issue with my own EOD too
If I start it, I can’t put it on gear and all the dash board signals non is showing.

Please help.
your own na wiring problem. Get a powerful rewire
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Ayodele1959(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
The car is allergic to erosion bros!!
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by jubrilELsudan: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
IT'S THE CRASH SENSOR.....WHEN YOU GO THRU EROSION...THE CRASH SENSOR THINKS IT'S AN ACCIDENT SO THE CAR WILL GO OFF INTO CRASH MODE.

1 Like

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Arthurnna: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Brain box,Coil or Kick starter.. Their various locations in your vehicle are quite Susceptible to Flood damage..

Melvinbenggy:
Hello everyone Good day, please I am having issues with honda eod 4 plugs anything I go through erosion the car turns off automatically and refuses to start till after some hrs please help me out what is the solutions engineer in the house.

File Photo
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by nedekid: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Which one be erosion again? shocked
Or do you mean when you enter pool of water?

2 Likes

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by TenQ: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Melvinbenggy:

File Photo
Do you mean road flood waters?
If it is, check the sensor at the exhaust. Removing it or protecting it from water will cure the problem permanently!

2 Likes

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Osanoghodua1: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sell it, add money to it and buy Corolla, say goodbye to erosion.
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by nedekid: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Cokahot:
Thats why I hate 4 plugs. Raise the springs on the shocks to 2 inches
So if the "erosion" pass 2 inches nko?
OP go de carry ruler and measuring tape de walka?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by nedekid: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see the spirit of rebellion possessing the car. You would need 12 canes to flog out that spirit so that your car can be whole again.

This I have seen.
Lolz, abi, when ever it happens, op should lay hands on it, burst some speaking in tongues, the cast and bind.
Moto go start.
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by chival(f): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
themonk:
The car has erosion sensor? cheesy

How does it distinguish between erosion and say speed bumps and potholes? grin
I wondered the same thing. I think he means large pools of flood water as found in potholes. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Rexymania(m): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
It has Ended the Discussion grin lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by swissgoldenpro3: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
I have learned from experts in the house
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Tzar(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Why will you drive your car through water?
It has several solenoids & sensors that will malfunction when water gets to them.
Why are you suprised that the car shuts down after contact with water? Those solenoids & sensors are just struggling to keep the car going after being soaked severally in water. Very soon they will all pack up on you whether you drive in water or not!!!

1 Like

Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by InvertedHammer: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Melvinbenggy:

File Photo
/

Then stop driving through erosion.

What is wrong with you?

/
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Bluntguy: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lionking1913:
Mine(Evil spirit) has been grounded kloz to a year now cox of no gud programmer. Wil appreciate if u can help out wit a gud programmer contact.
Which town are you at
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Yakson09: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hope u no dey from poto poto republic �
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by litaninja(m): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Erosion kwa? Na earthmoving version of EOD?
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Iamstickzbaba(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
Just jejely sell that your car during the dry season for a good price,na naija we dey. Abeg i come in peace
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Benwallt(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tautology. Is there a Toyota EOD?
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Shedrill(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
AmazingELixir:
grin

Times have really changed...there was a time i was so crazy about EOD, I even dream about owning it on several occasions...now all I dream about is 2011 or 2012 Rav4 & 2011 Venza.

You're not in a deep sleep yet.

BMW for life!
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by demoman(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Is it erosion or chain gallops? Because a faulty knock sensor might be grating during gallops or erosion and will automatically shut off the engine. This is just a wild guess as I need more info on the car and what level of troubleshooting you have done so far.
Whenever the car refuses to start, you need to check certain things
1.is there power to the spark plugs when cranking the engine?
2.is the fuel pump energised and pumping at it's full pressure?
3.Are the nozzles energised and opening ?
This will help you narrow things down.
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by chardino(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please send me ur number I'm using the same car and I've had such issues b4. It's nt the brainbox issue
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by ozoneymcm: 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Do you mean erosion or puddle? Has your air intake been modified to be lower than the wheels. Did you drive slowly enough through the puddle? Are you sure the water level you drove through wasn't too high. It's difficult to answer your question without answers to these questions
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by vicshub(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
2 things.
1. Is the alternator locate down up close to the bonnet
2. Is it carburettor or injector.
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by Oladimeji122(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Melvinbenggy:
I don't think it's the brain box cause the last time we checked the brain box was clean and dry
bro the lord will provide for you and buy new 1
Re: My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion by neyophl(m): 12:30am On Jun 21, 2022
I just experienced the same issue with my Honda DC this year too and I realise that whenever the car enters water, water splashes on the kick starter and it makes it strip off. I had to get a rewire to remove the kick starter and he cleaned it and fixed it back and it came back to life.
There is also another censor beside the steering pump and fan belt. Whenever water touches it too, it makes the car jark or strip off the engine as well. I have since been careful of running into water or pot holes during raining season and I have never experienced same again.
I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get A Driver's License? / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I / Car Mileage And Engine Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.