Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out (43323 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Mr.jollof To Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, I Want Bet You Say AGBO Dey Cure COVID-19 / Litmus Test: Will Delta State House Of Assembly Lick Vomit And Swallow Okowa’s I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by SupremeSpecimen: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
Tifesingz:
I’ve never seen more confused tribe than these Igbo people... later they’ll say they are counting them out.

Even Obi that’s gaining momentum now, you guys can’t even support, now tell me how other people want to take you seriously.

Something is mentally wrong with some Nigerians. It's abominable how some of you think .
This non igbo guy is perplexed igbos are not playing myopic tribal politics and putting all their support behind one guy

Can you imagine. A whole adult reasoning like this. Smh...so shameful

No matter how many times you people are told igbos don't do follow follow just because..

Silly me, I thought the goal is to discourage tribalism not encourage

4 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Can Dino Melaye call himself a Yorubaman to yoruba pple
FYI, The Ikas of delta DISLIKE being called Igbo!
If u see Dein of Agbor and call him Igboman, he will shoot u to death!
So Thiefing Governor Okowa is just playing childish and foolish tricks!

He is not claiming, he is pure Igbos, let haters go to rest.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Can Dino Melaye call himself a Yorubaman to yoruba pple
FYI, The Ikas of delta DISLIKE being called Igbo!
If u see Dein of Agbor and call him Igboman, he will shoot u to death!
So Thiefing Governor Okowa is just playing childish and foolish tricks!

Dino is Yoruba. Wtf do you mean? Rest.
If you've never been to Kogi, just keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Kaluoko: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
This one dey beg.u be Igbo Now abi.if it's abt Biafra u no be Igbo.election don't reach u don become igbo.Newsflash!!!! we no want Oga.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by WarriAproko: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
I hate tribal politics. If u are igbo should we vote in another fulanis. Them born only them to rule this country
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
stanluiz:
You guys has started again.

Okowa is not an Igbo man and his tribe Ika can never be. Know this and know peace.

Shut up there, If Ifeanyi is not Igbo then Bola is not yoruba, what a stupid set of outsiders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by stanluiz(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nword22:

Okowa is not an Igbo man and his tribe Ika can never be. Know this and know peace.

Okowa will press the mumu botton and ignorant and emotional igbos will fall it including ipob members.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by porthouse7(f): 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
Subsea:
Please vote Peter Obi. Nigerian youth say no to APC and PDP
Igbo youth no Nigeria youth

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by franchasofficia: 10:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
SpecialEdition:

Well said . Well said.

Make I add my own.

Atiku and Wike dribbled SE. Atiku then dribbled Wike. No UNPAID SE person will vote PDP in the presidential election. SS except Delta will depend on how Wike eventually reacts just before election. SW mostly vote APC. Most New votes from SW are for Peter Obi.
I don't see how any middle belt person will vote Atiku except a small number.
Please all Obiedent people remember it is mind games. It's the votes that matter otherwise they won't be buying the votes. Don't let anyone discourage you.
After this presidential election most of the elections in 2027 will be young position holders. The first Hordle is to break away this chain. Please make sure you get your PVC and  vote. If voting pattern gives APC and PDP 25 million votes. Youth votes can fetch over 50 million votes and that will turn all the analysis on it's head.

To PDP, At 10k per vote you guys need 100billion to get the 10 million you last last time. Without Wike can Atiku bankroll this? Or are votes cheaper in some regions?
Atiku didn't dribble Southeast.

Atiku made it clear from beginning that he would have loved to repeat with Obi but PDP Governor's forum reacted by issuing a threat that whoever wins the PDP Primaries must pick a serving Governor as VP.

Peter Obi noticed fowlplay and resigned. So it was the PDP Governors forum that chased Obi out and to further show his likeness for Igbos, Atiku rejected Wike and instead chose Okowa.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nword22: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2022
stanluiz:

Okowa will press the mumu botton and ignorant and emotional igbos will fall it including ipob members.

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by franchasofficia: 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
porthouse7:
Igbo youth no Nigeria youth
When Igbos were campaigning and voting for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003, Yaradua in 2007 and Goodluck in 2011 and 2015, and Atiku in 2019, you didn't call them Igbo Youths, na wa oh.

Election is not a tribal supremacy battle, it is an exercise to elect credible people that will pilot the affairs of our nation to achieve communal growth and success.

5 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by porthouse7(f): 10:47pm On Jun 18, 2022
franchasofficia:
When Igbos were campaigning and voting for Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003, Yaradua in 2007 and Goodluck in 2011 and 2015, and Atiku in 2019, you didn't call them Igbo Youths, na wa oh.

Election is not a tribal supremacy battle, it is an exercise to elect credible people that will pilot the affairs of our nation to achieve communal growth and success.
go tell that to ur Igbo youth camping out and abusing everyone on social media, obi won't get votes beyond South east... He's is APC mole

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Peppysco: 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jman06:
There's no doubt about that, sir. Only haters and mischief makers say otherwise.

Dem dey use your head play Nairabet and you still never wan wake up, body go tell you very soon.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by hammer567: 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
AFTER THE ASABA MASACRE, ANY ANIOMA PERSON DENYING IGBO, IS A DIRECT BETRAYAL OF THEIR PEOPLE THAT DIED IN THAT GENOCIDE.

THEIR ONLY CRIME WAS BEING IGBO. cc. Ishilove

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Vinnie2000(m): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
CallYeNot:

I'm an Okun man. Although some claim they are not Yorubas (just like Wike, which is foolish), we generally identify as Yorubas and participate in Yoruba activities across Nigeria.

One can't use little linguistic features to differentiate oneself from a parent ethnic group. Itsekiris, although they speak a Yoruboid language are not Yorubas. The linguistic differences and cultural differences is enough to make them an ethnic group without a second doubt. I don't know about Ikwerres, but 95% of Okun words are Yoruba words but pronounced differently just like how other Yoruba subgroups like Ijebu, Owo, Ekiti pronounce theirs differently as well.
Ogbeni, Do the main Yoruba see ur okun pple as yorubas?
Do they see sb like Dino Melaye as a yoruba man
Do ur traditional rulers like being called Yorubas
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Yeah. So rest and face your Ikwerre issues. Here's the logo of our development association. Judge what you see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Taku555(m): 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=Totilopussylick post=113933294]Until Nigerians begins to see each other as a Nigeria and not minding What tribe he or she is from.

The issues of division will always remain something to debate on . Until the state of origin is removed from the Nigerian's credentials.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by NessFortunate: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=franchasofficia post=113936931]Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

guess the IGBOS ARE REGRETTING THE DECISION FOR SNUBBING OJUKWU AND CO.. THE FULANIS/HAUSAS WOULD NEVER MADE SUCH MISTAKES TRUST ME. ALL POLITICS IS STILL LOCAL. SMH
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Peppysco: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Everybody just dey use the South East to cash out. Jonathan deceived the East with Ebele and he cashed out, Amechi came with an Igbo name and he cashed out and now, though unfortunately, Okowa is coming with the same game plan but he isn't cashing out cos there's another game plan

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by GGirll: 11:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Election season and everyone is Igbo

That was how GEJ used Azikiwe as hi Igbo name to get Igbos to vote for him n it worked, Amaechi also recently claimed hes Igbo and now this one.....later they will claim they are South south abeg shift let me focus on my OBidient.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Vinnie2000(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
stanluiz:
Thanks for reminding us.

Ika is not Igbo and can never be. They claim Igbo when they want to benefit and after that, they dump it like a rag.

Dont mind Mofos here arguing blindly.
If u go to Agbor and other Ika towns, they will tell Straight up that they are NOT AND WILL NEVER be Igbos!
Some Atiku and Tinubu clowns here are afraid of Peter Obi soaring popularity and wants to use Okowa to steal SE votes!

4 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Sufferingboy(f): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
See as okowa dey use Igbos head play ludo,well if Okowa whose family ancestors were actually Benin could come out and claim is no more Ika but an Igbo man,all because of an election,then na im Sabi....

Dorothy of bbn made this same rubbish and we Ikas nearly roasted her for doing such,your identity first before any material thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by DrAkpamudehe: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ghester:
Whereas in Wikipedia. He is an Ika from Owa-Alero in Delta State

Ika people originated from nri in Anambra state
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Forumobserver12(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ghester:
Whereas in Wikipedia. He is an Ika from Owa-Alero in Delta State

I'm from Delta, the truth is that some delta Igbos are living in denial when it comes to their Igbo root or origin, I can never deny my Igbo root, Never ever ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by ogaontop(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

Igbo youths are queuing behind Peter Obi now not because Obi is Igbo but because they see quality, a high level of honesty and accountability in Peter Obi more than others. Only Prof Yemi Osinbajo could have divided Igbo votes with Peter Obi in 2023 but unfortunately APC chose the wrong person to fly their ticket.
This analysis is very impressive, quite different from what we see here on daily basis, and you just spoke the pure truth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Sufferingboy(f): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Dont mind Mofos here arguing blindly.
If u go to Agbor and other Ika towns, they will tell Straight up that they are NOT AND WILL NEVER be Igbos!
Some Atiku and Tinubu clowns here are afraid of Peter Obi soaring popularity and wants to use Okowa to steal SE votes!

We have said it many times, Okowa is on his own...we Ika people nor send am message...

We have onuika organisation that speak for us as a tribe,not Okowa a desperate politician.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Can we have peace in this country?

Must every discussion be about South eastern people? What about those minority tribes that are not represented anywhere?

These people are just so needy, it's tacky

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Sufferingboy(f): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Ika people originated from nri in Anambra state

Oga stop this lie.Perhaps origin of Ika people is diverse.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by id911(m): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Ignorance is a disease. Okun people are not Yorubas and Dino Melaye is not a Yoruba man?! Wtf! I did my NYSC there and those people would be the first to tell you they're Yorubas unlike those in Delta and Rivers that some would deny being Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Vinnie2000(m): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
CallYeNot:

Yeah. So rest and face your Ikwerre issues. Here's the logo of our development association. Judge what you see.
Nice one but the Okun pple dat refuse to be called Yoruba, dont u think they have good reasons?
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by EleventhWeirdo: 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nchenches:

But it's hard to understand how Hausa/Fulani succeeded in its divide and conquer and rule tactics to make some natural Igbos deny that they are Igbo; even 50 years after the end of the civil war.
An Igbo name, Onyesom Nwike, was Ikwerre-styled to Nyesom Wike, because of that, the bearer of the name says he is not Igbo.

A Yoruba Okun man in Kogi state, or a Yoruba man in Kwara or Edo state will be first to tell that he is a Yoruba, without being asked.

They might have a case tho. It's human nature to always crave the better side of life. There is a motive here for both sides - resource ownership. During the Eastern region days, most of the ethnic groups in there were submerged under the Igbo identity, and that denied the oil-rich sub-groups the advantage of claiming indigenous royalties like many groups now do under various Niger-Delta ethnic umbrellas. Gowon gave them autonomy by creating an exclusive oil-resourceful Rivers, separate from the landlocked East Central State for Igbos. You don't expect them to willingly give up that autonomous identity laced with exclusive economic privileges for some ethnic affiliation hogwash, do you? grin

Secondly, some of these so called Igbo-affiliated tribes are equally affiliated to such other ethnic groups as the Yoruba, Bini, Ijaw, Igala, and so on. For instance the Olukumi of Delta State have Igbo names, but they have Yoruba origins. Telling them they are Igbo because of their names, would be an insult to their original sensibilities; in the same vein, you won't see Yoruba openly claiming them because we understand their new-found diversity which is acceptable in the context of sub-group autonomy under the larger Yoruba reality. But you guys, especially, the map-drawing IPOB folks are always assertive, rather than being diplomatic, in their approaches, and this makes those already fragile and vulnerable "new peoples" to mistake them for colonist landgrabbers grin

I am Yoruba, btw. Most of my people no send una as they would think Nigeria is basically a union of Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa. Recently, however, identities like Fulani, and Efik and Ogoja (Calabar folks) have broken the bias and forced to be recognized separately by us. cool

Loves to all Yoruba-affiliated groups outside of the SW, such as the Okun, Itsekiri, Igbomina, Olukumi, Popo and Sabe (Benin Republic), Ewe (Ghana), and Ife Togo (Togo). I can only pray that we build a strong and prosperous Orile Ede Odua that you guys would be proud to associate with, and like Israel, we will be proud to grant you all rights of return to the motherland cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Sufferingboy(f): 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
It's so painful,Igbos never learn.The JuJu wey PDP use enslave Igbo people them throw inside river.....

Instead of you to vote Peter Obi and use it as a negotiating power in the future,after all you and I know he will not will.

And to be sincere,Atiku can not stand tinubu.

Ika people should not even be over excited because if Okowa can betray the south as a governor,what will he do as a VP?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu, Modu-Sheriff, Ben Bruce At Tosin Saraki's Wedding (Photos) / Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / Zahra And Hanan Buhari Spotted In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.