Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out (43409 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / Mr.jollof To Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, I Want Bet You Say AGBO Dey Cure COVID-19 / Litmus Test: Will Delta State House Of Assembly Lick Vomit And Swallow Okowa’s I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Coldie(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Pakute:

Aside being the most tribalistic set of people, ibos are the biggest liars in the world, you can lie your way to get sympathy especially from dumb people.
PDP is an all ibo affairs, even if the devil was PDP flagbearer, ibos would vote for him overwhelmingly. That was why you refused to vote Ojukwu because you wanted to always align with power at the center. You'd rather die holding to the center than play an opposition.
Buhari also had Pastor Bakare as VP but Yoruba chose to vote for Goodluck Jonathan instead.
Shut up, u are calling others liars u get sense at all?
Even Ojukwu knows igbo votes alone can’t grant him presidency, if by your analytics igbos always want to align with power igbos would have aligned and switched to Apc a long time ago
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Coldie(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:
east wey adopt goodluck ebele johnathan will now deny this man. any surprise here?
As an igbo man I prefer to adopt Tinubu than adopt anybody fake that thinks igbos can be fooled.
I hv lived in delta and I know ika people don’t see themselves as igbos, they don’t even want to associate with igbos that in delta tribes they see as igbos from delta they don’t like them. The time atiku choose him as his running mate, ika people were happY, igbos we’re happy too, can u imagine that ika people were releasing statements saying igbos don’t have right to be happy for them, that ika is not igbo. If igbos are happy for them does it take anything from them? NO.

I prefer adopting a stranger that I can see genuine love and friendship with, than a brother that nothing I do can mk him accept me

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Coldie(m): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
hammer567:
AFTER THE ASABA MASACRE, ANY ANIOMA PERSON DENYING IGBO, IS A DIRECT BETRAYAL OF THEIR PEOPLE THAT DIED IN THAT GENOCIDE.

THEIR ONLY CRIME WAS BEING IGBO. cc. Ishilove
People who we’re massacred in Asaba massacre was not agbor people. Agbor people and Benin people were part of the people that helped move around the Midwest helping soldiers identify igbos based on their dialect. Benin people might not be able to do that but agbor people can
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by chukwudiology(m): 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
We're not fools, Mr. Man stop claiming to be an Igbo man, even Deltans won't vote for u.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by AyakaDunukofia: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
drnoel:

This is what I don't understand about about Deltans. When it comes to them pulling weight under their igbnoness for a good cause they align to the left and deny they are Igbo. But when it comes to politics and votes, they remember they are Igbo and align on the right. Very confusing set of people.

This is a blanket statement, not all of them deny being Igbo. Their very most eminent citizens do not deny being Igbo unlike Rivers state. I will start with the civil war. Delta Igbo were more Igbo and were even more Biafran than the Eastern Igbo.

The bulk of the very elite Biafran officers were DELTA IGBO.

The first Biafran Naval Chief of staff was Rear Admiral Anukwu, a native of Agbor. Anukwu fought gallantly till the very end.

We had Colonel Emmmanuel Nzefili and Colonel Conrad Nwawo who was the GOC 11 division Nnewi. We had Colonel Achuzia who planned and executed the greatest military ambush in African history in which a federal military convoy of more than 100 heavy duty military vehicles were destroyed at Abagana.

We had Colonel Okwechime from Onitsha Ugbo. We had Chukwuma Nzeogwu who died gallantly at Nnsuka sector. We had Colonel Phillip Trimnell from Aboh. The list goes on.

Regardless of a few dissenting voices, Delta Igbo are historically dependable allies and proud Igbos.

Ifeanyi Okowa is one of them. He has this traditional title of Ekwueme given by his kinsmen of Owa. The Peter Obi factor is a major problem of which he must fashion out a strategy to grab some votes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by uniquetechng: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
jerosman2:

Which map? The one wike and Okowa rejected. We aren't Igbo. Get the fact
Can you kindly post your Biafra map here lets confirm the territories that Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu assumed make up Biafraland , thank you as you do so .
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by pquaver(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Ohakim was elected by mistake and immediately Imo people discovered they discarded him for Rochas thinking Rochas was a better option, that was why Ohakim did just one tenure. Rochas massively used rigging to remain in power.

Theodore Orji is a forgotten man, Igbos don't even rate him, he is only using rigging to remain in politics, Abia people and Igbos dislike him a lot and he can't go beyond a Senator in Abia via rigging.

Igbos don't call Umahi a bad Governor in terms of performance, all Igbos rated Umahi high when it comes to performance in Ebonyi. The hatred for Umahi started when he began to kill IPOB protesters to please Buhari and APC as a way of winning their useless trust to hand him APC Presidential ticket which was why he decamped to APC in the first place. Which sensible man lambasts his tribe a race publicly just to curry others favour if not a fool? Umahi made fool of himself and his political career is dead and cant go beyond Ebonyi.

Akpabio may have performed well in Akwa Ibom but he is a cunning, treacherous politician. He plays national politics with traitorous moves which nobody will admire.

If you want to go far in politics, even as you clamor for national leadership and acceptance, don't sell your people at home. Your acceptability in your state and community is vital to your national political success in Nigeria. Akpabio just like Umahi, Orji Kalu, Rochas, Uzodinma, Amaechi, the etc believe by shortchanging their people will make Northerners to accept them, they are all wrong.

Same applies to Amaechi. Amaechi is perfect in the North but back in SS and SE, he is a traitor. Amaechi oversaw the construction of railway line to Niger but didn't see it necessary to construct one to Onitsha or Aba that have more economic value than Chad and Niger, and you still expect Igbos to love him because he is Igbo, how?

All the politicians that sell their people to please another tribe or religion in power hardly go far. This was what killed Rochas great image.

Is Wike not a PDP member, why then do Igbos dislike him now? The answer is how he foolishly and callously massacred Igbos in Obigbo Rivers in the name of clamping down on IPOB. That move killed his political career and support base which used to be mainly built around Igbos. Igbos helped Wike to become Rivers Governor but in his second tenure he felt he doesn't need Igbos again and wanted to please Northern political office holders to win their trust for 2023 Presidential election, so he became foolish in the name of clamping down on IPOB.

He could have handled that issue more humanly not via massacre of innocent people and mostly youths.

Is Osinbajo not a Yoruba man in APC, why are Igbos supporting him?
igbo are not supporting osibanjo.. Stop lieing oga.. Nairaland.com can help u if you have forgotten.. Everything is saved here. Internet does forget. Wike is cos he dealt with ipob.. You have already hate Amaechi before the railway stop saying crap abeg. It like Tinubu who even before declaration u insult, tomo if he does do anything for u, u will say he hates u and selectively forget the part you played to bring such action. Same with akpbabio etc.. You cannot twist this one.. Only your ilks will fall for it
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Everlastingson: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
samuelson06:

You are very objective.

That's why I usually tell people that the reason I'm supporting Obi is not because he is Igbo but because he's the best among the three top guys.

I'm a South Southerner and that doesn't mean much to me when it comes to supporting a presidential aspirant of Nigeria.

In 2015, I supported Buhari because the PDP government was very corrupt and wicked. We thought Buhari would help but he failed massively. In 2019, I shifted my support to Atiku because he was better than Buhari.

Today, we have a choice to choose between PO, AA, and BAT and there's no way I can support BAT or AA and ignore PO when he's far better than them.

I don't do tribal politics because it doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone that feels PO isn't a good choice for Nigeria at this time doesn't deserve a better life. It's very clear that BAT/AA is going to be another Buhari presidency.

May God help Nigeria because the forces of evil against her seem to be greater than the forces of good.

This is the normal mentality a human being should have. But unfortunately, many are foolish and wicked. Someone on this thread said he will vote for Tinubu even if he is bad coz Tinubu is a fellow Yoruba man. How foolish! You vote based on quality of the candidate, not tribe. Every one knows that Obi is the best candidate presently. But many people can't think. What Northerners are suffering under Buhari administeration they've not suffered before. But some still want to vote based on tribe and religion.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Shugargal(f): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

Igbo youths are queuing behind Peter Obi now not because Obi is Igbo but because they see quality, a high level of honesty and accountability in Peter Obi more than others. Only Prof Yemi Osinbajo could have divided Igbo votes with Peter Obi in 2023 but unfortunately APC chose the wrong person to fly their ticket.
I respect your knowledge sir. people should just learn from all that you've written here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Savagery101: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
I THOUGHT THEY SAID DELTA IS NOT BIAFRA LAND grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by chloride6: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Gbam
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Etinosa1234: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
AyakaDunukofia:

Your information is well supported by the recent reunion of the Nri Kingdom and Owa. Click below...

[img] https://www.nwaezimmadu.com/owa-monarch-hosts-nri-kingdom-by-victor-efeizomor/ [/img]

Lmaoo.... Ur site believes that Igbo's came from Abraham grin grin

This ur info is a lie

Sufferingboy
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Everlastingson: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
pquaver:

I hate self deceit.. Igbos will vote obi cos of tribe and because pdp dumb them.. If obi goes to apc he will suddenly become evil. That is how tribalistic some of us are.. You vote quality u say, how did Theodore Orji last 8years,? Ikpeazu 8 years between them 16years? Ohakim 4 years, the governor before Umahi in Ebonyi that did absolute nothing... Is it Aboki that that voted those ones? How about the support against Amaechi, was Amaechi not quality, akpbabio was a pride of pdp the moment he crossed u tossed his achievement in gutter. The list goes on just like Umahi etc Your write up will only deceive people with short memories. Some of us are igbo and know you people into to, that no matter the nonsense you write here we know it cos obi is Igbo finish... Mbaka is abused targeted for same thing you have done to Buhari for 8 years and you say it not bigotry and politics of tribalism.. Oga na igbo carry politics of tribalism for head if you no Sabi..

Stop lying! So you do not know that these Governors you mentioned rigged the elections with the help of INEC?. DId you not know that PDP stole APGA mandates in all these states you mentioned? PDP even stole APGA mandate in Anambra as well but Peter Obi fought through the courts for 3 years before he reclaimed his mandate ( though it was by Divine intervention). Only an Igbo hater will say Igbos do tribal politics. If Igbo do tribal politics why did Igbo Governors fight Obi in 2019? Including Willie Obiano of Anambra joining to fight Peter Obi. Say what you know.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
AkpaMgbor:

I’m from Ikwuano in abia state. But I can understand base ikwerre dialect much better than nsukka in Enugu state. And Enugu state is supposed to be the eastern capital state. How do you explain to a boy from my area that ikwerre isn’t Igbo but but nsukka is?? Nigeria will fvck up your mental health if you allow it to I swear it!

Same stuff with Okun....and dialects like Ijebu, Owo, etc.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
CallYeNot:

Same stuff with Okun....and dialects like Ijebu, Owo, etc.
Nigeria is a tragedy.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by jonnieoneng: 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

Dear Okowa, everybody knows you are Igbo, only the fools think otherwise because of crude oil, but the issue is, Igbos won't vote for you and Atiku just because Atiku chose you an Igbo man as VP. Igbos don't play tribal politics like Yorubas and maybe Hausa-Fulanis.

In 2003, Ikemba Ojukwu the face of Biafra contested for President against Obasanjo, Igbos didn't vote for Ikemba, they rather voted massively for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Also in the same 2003, Buhari picked Chuba Okadigbo an eminent Igbo son as VP and Igbos rejected them also and instead voted for Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

Igbos supported Atiku/Obi in 2019 because Igbos believed in Obi and also saw Atiku as a detribalised man who is not a religious bigot like Buhari, not just because Atiku picked Obi as VP.

Igbo youths are queuing behind Peter Obi now not because Obi is Igbo but because they see quality, a high level of honesty and accountability in Peter Obi more than others. Only Prof Yemi Osinbajo could have divided Igbo votes with Peter Obi in 2023 but unfortunately APC chose the wrong person to fly their ticket.

Hmmmmmm, I have only one question for you? How many votes is coming from the Nigerians of Igbo extraction? Juxtapose that with the votes coming from other parts of the Country and have a better understanding of how the electoral dynamics operates. I rest my case.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by jonnieoneng: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2022
AkpaMgbor:

Nigeria is a tragedy.

Then go to Cameroon!
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by CPAtraffickers(f): 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
You don't need a job if you acquire and utilize these sets of Simple Digital Skills.

Learn to Earn Internationally (in dollars) and at Ease through Your Smart Devices.

Below is a Help for Students, NYSC Members and People looking for The Right Digital Skills to acquire for their own Financial Freedom:

Firstly, read through these Digital and Financial Sensitization threads:

The Best Investment is On Yourself:

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step/1#113168727

And

Financial Freedom Enlightenment:

https://www.nairaland.com/6962164/financial-freedom-enlightenment-financially-free/1

Without Writing too much;

Read Through These Thread Links to Learn More on How To Achieve Financial Freedom Through THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SKILLS OF SELLING FINANCIAL FREEDOM INSTITUTION (TPSOSFFI).

Read Through These Thread Links to Learn More on How To Live Life as Simple as A,B,C:

A : Affiliations (Affiliate Marketing & Affiliate Supplying)

B : Bureaucracy (Bitcoin Arbitrage Bureaucracy & Coin Arbitrage Bureaucracy)

C : CPA Marketing and Charity Doings

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by jonnieoneng: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Everlastingson:

Stop lying! So you do not know that these Governors you mentioned rigged the elections with the help of INEC?. DId you not know that PDP stole APGA mandates in all these states you mentioned? PDP even stole APGA mandate in Anambra as well but Peter Obi fought through the courts for 3 years before he reclaimed his mandate ( though it was by Divine intervention). Only an Igbo hater will say Igbos do tribal politics. If Igbo do tribal politics why did Igbo Governors fight Obi in 2019? Including Willie Obiano of Anambra joining to fight Peter Obi. Say what you know.

All I know is this, all the votes from South East is less than 7 million! You guys should stop over hyping the importance of the votes from South East!
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by AyakaDunukofia: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Lmaoo.... Ur site believes that Igbo's came from Abraham grin grin

This ur info is a lie

Sufferingboy

It's not in my habit to join issues with minions.

1 Like

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by maximazi: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

This the most sensible comment I have read so far , so many people don't know that igbos are the least tribalistic people in Nigeria. An Igbo man would rather choose competence over tribalism. Trust me , had it been it was Rochas okorocha running for president ,he will not win a single vote in the southeast as most igbos will vote for tinubu instead

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Wwwq: 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
Really
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by maximazi: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
jonnieoneng:

Hmmmmmm, I have only one question for you? How many votes is coming from the Nigerians of Igbo extraction? Juxtapose that with the votes coming from other parts of the Country and have a better understanding of how the electoral dynamics operates. I rest my case.

does one wins election base on the number of voters or base on the number of states won? Pls I need an urgent answer
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by maximazi: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
jonnieoneng:

All I know is this, all the votes from South East is less than 7 million! You guys should stop over hyping the importance of the votes from South East!

Does it matter even though it was just 2 million. You're forcing me to call you a dumbass
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by ud4u: 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
franchasofficia:
Lol

Sentiments apart,

Tribalism is not in Igbo man's blood, we always stand and defend the truth no matter who is involved. That is Igbo man for you.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by pquaver(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Everlastingson:

Oga they fought him for personal against obi Cos they wanted same vp position. Don't get it twisted, their tribalism does not stop at other tribes it goes deeper within to themselves . Lagos has had governor from osun us elected members from other yoruba states and even Igbo.. Can Ebonyi man go to senate in Anambra talkless of governor not to mention yoruba man. In the house of God where tolerance and love is number 1 did mbaise accept anambra bishop? That is were hausa and yoruba own sef better pass. Oga deceive yourself ooo

2 Likes

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by hammer567: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Coldie:

People who we’re massacred in Asaba massacre was not agbor people. Agbor people and Benin people were part of the people that helped move around the Midwest helping soldiers identify igbos based on their dialect. Benin people might not be able to do that but agbor people can

Agbor are Igbo.

Thank you for that history.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Etinosa1234: 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
AyakaDunukofia:

It's not in my habit to join issues with minions.

It's not my habit to believe cheap lies
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Etinosa1234: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
maximazi:

does one wins election base on the number of voters or base on the number of states won? Pls I need an urgent answer

Number of states...

According to the constitution, u need 2 third to become president.

Automatically, who wins most states ought to have the highest number of vote
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by Sunsets: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
This guy is irredeemably stupid. How in the works? Spits.
Pakute:

Aside being the most tribalistic set of people, ibos are the biggest liars in the world, you can lie your way to get sympathy especially from dumb people.
PDP is an all ibo affairs, even if the devil was PDP flagbearer, ibos would vote for him overwhelmingly. That was why you refused to vote Ojukwu because you wanted to always align with power at the center. You'd rather die holding to the center than play an opposition.
Buhari also had Pastor Bakare as VP but Yoruba chose to vote for Goodluck Jonathan instead.
Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by FrauleinBlossom(f): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
If he repeats same after the presidential election has come and gone, maybe I will begin to take him seriously...

Re: Okowa: I Am An Igbo Man, Can't Be Counted Out by samuelson06(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Everlastingson:

This is the normal mentality a human being should have. But unfortunately, many are foolish and wicked. Someone on this thread said he will vote for Tinubu even if he is bad coz Tinubu is a fellow Yoruba man. How foolish! You vote based on quality of the candidate, not tribe. Every one knows that Obi is the best candidate presently. But many people can't think. What Northerners are suffering under Buhari administeration they've not suffered before. But some still want to vote based on tribe and religion.

Don't mind them. Let them go ahead and vote for Tinubu. They'll still be the ones coming online to beg for money to eat. I'm extremely grateful to God for helping to grow above the hand-to-mouth life the terrible successive governments of Nigeria have subjected her people to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Makinde,Ikpeazu Celebrate With Wike As Son Graduates From UK University [photo] / "Free Nnamdi Kanu" Protest In Geneva, Switzerland - Pictures / Reno Omokri Has This To Say About Lawal Daura's Sack Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.