Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous (50431 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous / Sex Outside Marriage Is Very Dangerous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by wirinet(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Youngzedd:

Most Germans find religion unimportant, survey shows >> https://m.dw.com/en/most-germans-find-religion-unimportant-survey-shows/a-59270443

Eastern Germany: the most godless place on Earth >> https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/sep/22/atheism-east-germany-godless-place

Most Atheist Countries 2022 >> https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-atheist-countries

Christian churches in sharp decline in Germany >> https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/christian-churches-in-sharp-decline-in-germany/1468371#

Yahushua Hamashiach I know, Jesus (your sl@ve master's god) I don't know.

So it's now wrong to use Nigeria you're living as a case study grin grin grin.

It's seems his Google is not working, as a simple Google search would have educated him that most Germans don't go to church. They are cultural Christians but not practicing Christians. How many churches are in Germany as compared with Nigeria where there are 4 churches on every street.

The guy got me laughing when he referred to Brazil as a developed nation. He does not seem to understand what developed nation means.

2 Likes

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MindHacker9009(m): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

You are deviating from the premise of our argument.
You picked atheistic Japan to rubbish religion in Nigeria.
I pointed you to religious nations that are superpowers.
Christianity and Islam are the dominant religions in Nigeria.
So why is Islam not causing backwardness in UAE and Qatar and Kuwait?
Google Christian scientists in Europe and America.
Did you know that Isaac Newton was a genuine Christian?
To put it simply, NEVER pick Nigeria to argue the impact of religion on civilization and society.
Nigeria is an abnormality, an absurdity that defies explanation.
So, don't use it as a case study at all.
Shalom.

Post Script: Let me quickly add that Catholicism is NOT Christianity.
Catholicism is satanism.
I can't delve into details here.
When Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity in AD 313, almost all Romans joined the church with him as a sign of allegiance, including Roman pagan priests.
They, however, didn't fully drop their satanic pagan worship and practices but adapted and incorporated them into Christianity.
If you read the Book of Revelation in the Bible you will see the Scarlet woman sitting on a city on seven hills, depicting Roman Catholic Church.
Only two cities in the world sit atop seven hills, Rome in Italy and Constantinople in present day Turkiye.
The two cities became the headquarters of Western church and Eastern Orthodox church.
When you understand this history and mystery (secret) of Roman papacy, your faith in the Bible will become rock hard and unshaken.
You mentioned the decline of Christianity in Europe and elsewhere.
That was all prophesied. It is still confirming the veracity and validity of the Bible.
Shalom.

I was not the one that mentioned Japan. I only came across your comment and I thought I'll respond to it.

1. Isaac Newton was a Catholic
2. Catholic church was the first Christian church
3. The Bible we have today came from the Catholic church
4. Just as you feel Catholicism is not christainity so also the Jews also see Christianity as pagan worship as Christianity has nothing to do with Judaism.
5. The countries that brought Chritianity and Islam to black Africa did not give the secrets that will help Black Africa to develop and the African traditional religion too does not give the secret to technological advancement.
6. Even the country Islam came from depends on Europe and America for their technology
7. The Developed countries have access to the spirit world of technology. So even if you memorise and practice all the commands in the Bible it will not make you like Isaac Newton or the other great scientist.
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by wirinet(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

You are deviating from the premise of our argument.
You picked atheistic Japan to rubbish religion in Nigeria.
I pointed you to religious nations that are superpowers.
Christianity and Islam are the dominant religions in Nigeria.
So why is Islam not causing backwardness in UAE and Qatar and Kuwait?
Google Christian scientists in Europe and America.
Did you know that Isaac Newton was a genuine Christian?
To put it simply, NEVER pick Nigeria to argue the impact of religion on civilization and society.
Nigeria is an abnormality, an absurdity that defies explanation.
So, don't use it as a case study at all.
Shalom.

Post Script: Let me quickly add that Catholicism is NOT Christianity.
Catholicism is satanism.
I can't delve into details here.
When Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity in AD 313, almost all Romans joined the church with him as a sign of allegiance, including Roman pagan priests.
They, however, didn't fully drop their satanic pagan worship and practices but adapted and incorporated them into Christianity.
If you read the Book of Revelation in the Bible you will see the Scarlet woman sitting on a city on seven hills, depicting Roman Catholic Church.
Only two cities in the world sit atop seven hills, Rome in Italy and Constantinople in present day Turkiye.
The two cities became the headquarters of Western church and Eastern Orthodox church.
When you understand this history and mystery (secret) of Roman papacy, your faith in the Bible will become rock hard and unshaken.
You mentioned the decline of Christianity in Europe and elsewhere.
That was all prophesied. It is still confirming the veracity and validity of the Bible.
Shalom.

You just use term you don't understand. Which religious nations are superpowers? How many superpower nations are there today? There were only 2 superpower nations - USA and Russia. China is fast attaining superpower status. Which religious nation is even moderate power. The religious fundamentalist countries are the weakest, poorest and most cost corrupt.

Catholicism is Satan, it was Catholicism that gave you the bible. Catholicism controlled Christianity for close to 1200 years before it was challenged. You must be delusional to think that it is the Word of Life brand of Christianity that is barely 100 years old (a brand of Christianity that appeal to poor, ignorant and desperate people), that represents true Christianity.
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by wirinet(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I was not the one that mentioned Japan. I only came across your comment and I thought I'll respond to it.

4. Just as you feel Catholicism is not christainity so also the Jews also see Christianity as pagan worship as Christianity has nothing to do with Judaism.
5. The countries that brought Chritianity and Islam to black Africa did not give the secrets that will help Black Africa to develop and the African traditional religion too does not give the secret to technological advancement.
6. Even the country Islam came from depends on Europe and America for their technology
7. The Developed countries have access to the secret world of technology. So even if your memorise and practice all the commands in the Bible it will not make you like Isaac Newton of the other great scientist.

Even Charles Darwin started out as a priest. Christianity just like any other religion is a two edged sword. It can be used for good (promote just and stable society) or for bad ( enslave people to be exploited at will). During the later half of the 17 century Christianity promoted research and acquisition of knowledge.
Today Christianity has become a tool to fleece people of their money and dignity as a human being. it now promote ignorance and helplessness.
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
Spaxon:
There's no such sex as Safe Sex.
Any sex outside the corridors of marriage is not safe
Oh please stop making these silly things up. If those in the world want to believe sex outside of marriage is safe, then it is safe for them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Tannhauser:
Why are people who claim to be so religious and spiritual, so obsessed with sex?
Why?

Please abstain from sex and go to heaven, respect the choice of those who wish to have sex. Haba, na problem?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
jojothaiv:
To start with, there's nothing like safe sex.
There is. If is defined as intercourse with minimized transmission from one partner to the other. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
wirinet:

You just use term you don't understand. Which religious nations are superpowers? How many superpower nations are there today? There were only 2 superpower nations - USA and Russia. China is fast attaining superpower status. Which religious nation is even moderate power. The religious fundamentalist countries are the weakest, poorest and most cost corrupt.

Catholicism is Satan, it was Catholicism that gave you the bible. Catholicism controlled Christianity for close to 1200 years before it was challenged. You must be delusional to think that it is the Word of Life brand of Christianity that is barely 100 years old (a brand of Christianity that appeal to poor, ignorant and desperate people), that represents true Christianity.

You sound combative and pugnacious.
I don't want to go that way.
You mentioned USA. Is USA not a 'Christian' nation?
What book do they swear by during their presidential inauguration and in their courts?
Admitted, secularism is on the increase, but go and read the introduction to their Constitution and see it replete with Christian terms.
You can't lecture me on the history of the church you don't belong to.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 7:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
MindHacker9009:

7. The Developed countries have access to the spirit world of technology. So even if your memorise and practice all the commands in the Bible it will not make you like Isaac Newton of the other great scientist.

So only diabolical spirit world can give people info about technology?
God, to you, is less intelligent and cannot give Christians wisdom and insight to become great scientists and inventors.
Good day.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Youngzedd(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gospel2Day:

You can't use what an individual did to judge a religion.
Was Judas not a disciple of Jesus?
Does his act of betrayal define and describe all Christians?
Stop all this uncivilised method of arguing.
It does not make you appear mature and sincere.
Check my earlier reply. I added a post script just now. You need the info.
Shalom.
Now I have got you to reason to a certain extent, now lets talk about the gospel smiley .

Below is my unpublished content.

THE TWO GOSPELS - LIFE & DESTRUCTION

The gospel of Yahushua Hamashiach (Yeshua) the son of Yahweh (YHWH) is different from the gospel of Jesus.

What the white men brought to Africa is the gospel of Jesus and that is what most of you all practice, the false gospel.

The unfortunate thing is, both uses the same holy book (Bible).
Go to Google and type JESUS OF LUBECK and observe the date. After that, research to know the year the name Jesus made it to the bible (Whisper: About 400 years ago). There lies the answers to so many questions.

Below were what Yahushua Hamashiach and the early believers did.

Luke 2:46
Three days later they finally discovered him in the Temple, sitting among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions.

Acts 7:11-12
11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

They examine and asked questions, now what are you examining and what questions are you asking?

The gospel of Yahushua is the TRUE gospel while that of Jesus is the false gospel, that's why we have about 4 churches in every street, yet there's so much poverty and wickedness in Nigeria ��.

The gospel of Jesus is the gospel of SELFISH AMBITION and WICKEDNESS.

Below are few gospel of Yahushua (Yeshua), any church that's practicing the opposite are preaching the gospel of Jesus.

James 3:16
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Mathew 6:6-8
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Matthew 5:44
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luke 6:27-28
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Romans 12:20
20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

1 Thessalonians 5:15
15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

Below are the samples of the gospel of Jesus which are contrary to the above scriptures.

1. Praying for your enemies to die. Contrary to Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27-28, etc.

2. Selfish ambition like my case is different, what affect others won't affect me, etc. Contrary to James 3:16

3. Praying for a longer time and audible prayers will which will lead babbling which is contrary to Mathew 6:6-8.

4. Prosperity gospel: Be a born again, engage in church activities, etc to be entitled to financial & marital breakthrough. Contrary to 1 Timothy 6:5 and more. Below is a breakdown of the TRUE gospel which clearly shows that prosperity gospel is of Jesus and not of Yahushua, Yahweh's son.

You just don't understand Mathew 6:33 and many people have misinterpreted it.

That verse is not talking about earthly riches.

According to your standard, it means that Christ and the early Apostles were failures because they never had it all, they didn't live a luxury life.

Big men then were riding chariots, while Christ rode donkey which is a poor means of transportation.

Paul speaking in 2 Corinthians 11:27
I have laboured and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Mathew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

The scripture here isn't talking about wealth. Did you read Mathew 6:19-24?

To proof to you further, lets take a look at Mathew 19:20-22

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
21 Yeshua answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

If Christ was talking about wealth, He would have just told him follow him only.

If Mathew 6:33 was talking about wealth, then Christ, the Apostles and the early disciples would have been wealthy. If we are to go wealth standard then we can say that they were failures hence wealth is concern.

So if wealth was what was meant, then Christ, Peter, Paul, Stephen and the rest aren't qualified to talk on that because they weren't wealthy.

If truly Christ was talking about wealth, then Stephen filled with holy spirit was a failure then.

The other things Christ was talking about there is salvation and basic things of life.

Proof on same Mathew 6:25-32

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

Christ is talking about food and clothing which is man's basic need.

To proof to you more, the Apostles and disciplines had their basic needs met.

Acts 4:32-35
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

That was those who seek the kingdom first, their basic needs were met, but they weren't wealthy.

"Whoever serves God for money will someday switch to serve the devil for higher wages! - Osifo Joe

"I was here sir before, it's the main reason for some people depression and frustration, but I'm totally delivered now.
Can you imagine dancing in the midnight or early morning and expecting to gain favour because i dance and praise God, very funny but i was there." - Bashiru Oyahkilome Adamu

"Christians need to understand that the only thing that Christianity quarantees for us is salvation. Not money,long life, good health, etc. Even unbelievers enjoy all that." - Onyinye Ozumba

Youngzedd: I have searched the entire scriptures where Christ (Yeshua) promised material possession or preached prosperity gospel, I found none.
I also searched the entire scriptures where Satan promised material possession and preached prosperity gospel, I found Mathew 4:8-9.

Mathew 4:8-9
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Yeshua said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

Scriptures that shows that prosperity gospel is not Yahweh.

1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

James 4:1-3
1 What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? 2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.

Matthew 6:19-24
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

1 Timothy 6:5
and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 12:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Youngzedd:

Now I have got you to reason to a certain extent, now lets talk about the gospel smiley .

Below is my unpublished content.

THE TWO GOSPELS - LIFE & DESTRUCTION

The gospel of Yahushua Hamashiach (Yeshua) the son of Yahweh (YHWH) is different from the gospel of Jesus.

What the white men brought to Africa is the gospel of Jesus and that is what most of you all practice, the false gospel.

The unfortunate thing is, both uses the same holy book (Bible).
Go to Google and type JESUS OF LUBECK and observe the date. After that, research to know the year the name Jesus made it to the bible (Whisper: About 400 years ago). There lies the answers to so many questions.

Below were what Yahushua Hamashiach and the early believers did.

Luke 2:46
Three days later they finally discovered him in the Temple, sitting among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions.

Acts 7:11-12
11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

They examine and asked questions, now what are you examining and what questions are you asking?

The gospel of Yahushua is the TRUE gospel while that of Jesus is the false gospel, that's why we have about 4 churches in every street, yet there's so much poverty and wickedness in Nigeria ��.

The gospel of Jesus is the gospel of SELFISH AMBITION and WICKEDNESS.

Below are few gospel of Yahushua (Yeshua), any church that's practicing the opposite are preaching the gospel of Jesus.

James 3:16
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Mathew 6:6-8
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Matthew 5:44
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luke 6:27-28
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Romans 12:20
20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

1 Thessalonians 5:15
15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

Below are the samples of the gospel of Jesus which are contrary to the above scriptures.

1. Praying for your enemies to die. Contrary to Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27-28, etc.

2. Selfish ambition like my case is different, what affect others won't affect me, etc. Contrary to James 3:16

3. Praying for a longer time and audible prayers will which will lead babbling which is contrary to Mathew 6:6-8.

4. Prosperity gospel: Be a born again, engage in church activities, etc to be entitled to financial & marital breakthrough. Contrary to 1 Timothy 6:5 and more. Below is a breakdown of the TRUE gospel which clearly shows that prosperity gospel is of Jesus and not of Yahushua, Yahweh's son.

You just don't understand Mathew 6:33 and many people have misinterpreted it.

That verse is not talking about earthly riches.

According to your standard, it means that Christ and the early Apostles were failures because they never had it all, they didn't live a luxury life.

Big men then were riding chariots, while Christ rode donkey which is a poor means of transportation.

Paul speaking in 2 Corinthians 11:27
I have laboured and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.

Mathew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

The scripture here isn't talking about wealth. Did you read Mathew 6:19-24?

To proof to you further, lets take a look at Mathew 19:20-22

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
21 Yeshua answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

If Christ was talking about wealth, He would have just told him follow him only.

If Mathew 6:33 was talking about wealth, then Christ, the Apostles and the early disciples would have been wealthy. If we are to go wealth standard then we can say that they were failures hence wealth is concern.

So if wealth was what was meant, then Christ, Peter, Paul, Stephen and the rest aren't qualified to talk on that because they weren't wealthy.

If truly Christ was talking about wealth, then Stephen filled with holy spirit was a failure then.

The other things Christ was talking about there is salvation and basic things of life.

Proof on same Mathew 6:25-32

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

Christ is talking about food and clothing which is man's basic need.

To proof to you more, the Apostles and disciplines had their basic needs met.

Acts 4:32-35
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

That was those who seek the kingdom first, their basic needs were met, but they weren't wealthy.

"Whoever serves God for money will someday switch to serve the devil for higher wages! - Osifo Joe

"I was here sir before, it's the main reason for some people depression and frustration, but I'm totally delivered now.
Can you imagine dancing in the midnight or early morning and expecting to gain favour because i dance and praise God, very funny but i was there." - Bashiru Oyahkilome Adamu

"Christians need to understand that the only thing that Christianity quarantees for us is salvation. Not money,long life, good health, etc. Even unbelievers enjoy all that." - Onyinye Ozumba

Youngzedd: I have searched the entire scriptures where Christ (Yeshua) promised material possession or preached prosperity gospel, I found none.
I also searched the entire scriptures where Satan promised material possession and preached prosperity gospel, I found Mathew 4:8-9.

Mathew 4:8-9
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Yeshua said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

Scriptures that shows that prosperity gospel is not Yahweh.

1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

James 4:1-3
1 What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? 2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.

Matthew 6:19-24
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

1 Timothy 6:5
and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Be careful of the error or fallacy of hasty generalization.
Don't connect the Lord Jesus to the false Gospel of Financial Prosperity popularized by backslidden American preachers.
I do not subscribe to or embrace prosperity gospel. I have preached against it since my campus days some twenty plus years ago.
Yeshua is the Hebrew Name of Jesus. The English transliteration is Jesus. Just as the English transliteration of YAHWEH is Jehovah.
See, the Jesus I believe in and serve in the ministry is the same as Yeshua.
So stop the wordplay game.
He has saved me. He spoke audibly to me some few times. He saved me from a terrible demonic attack that could have claimed my life years ago.
The Gospel is a global message. So don't localize the Name of it's Founder.
It is NOT Islam that seeks to impose the language and culture of the birthplace of Mohammed on the world.
Why pick only His Jewish or Hebrew Name Yeshua and reject His English Name Jesus, but you speak English and you don't read Hebrew Bible and speak his Hebrew language?
Selah.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MindHacker9009(m): 2:02am On Jun 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

So only diabolical spirit world can give people info about technology?
God, to you, is less intelligent and cannot give Christians wisdom and insight to become great scientists and inventors.
Good day.

God wanted humans to be natural without technology

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by amakanancy(f): 2:06am On Jun 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You forgot that not everyone is gonna swallow your bible book teaching huh? cheesy

What demons are you even talking about..?if they go the masturbation way..you folks complain..they indulge in safe sex you still complain..

Having sex before marriage is not a sin...People & religion have made sex before marriage a sin...There is nothing wrong with people having sex before marriage.. undecided

Many things are wrong with it. God condemns it! it is called fornication. Even looking at a woman lustfully is a sin!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 2:41am On Jun 22, 2022
MindHacker9009:

God wanted humans to be natural without technology

So God is angry with you for using smartphone and the Internet?
Why are you living in a town or city then?
You should find your way out of civilization and strip down to even your boxer/pant.
While at it, don't enter any car or bus.
Trek with your barefoot as you journey to your village farmstead, so you can obey and please God.
Don't use cutlass and hoe to farm too, because God hates the technology that produced the iron on those farm tools.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MindHacker9009(m): 3:01am On Jun 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

So God is angry with you for using smartphone and the Internet?
Why are you living in a town or city then?
You should find your way out of civilization and strip down to even your boxer/pant.
While at it, don't enter any car or bus.
Trek with your barefoot as you journey to your village farmstead, so you can obey and please God.
Don't use cutlass and hoe to farm too, because God hates the technology that produced the iron on those farm tools.
Good luck.

You need to know that without the developed countries having contacts with the spirit world then they would not have come to Africa and you would have still been walking about without even boxer/pant

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Cordenify(m): 3:58am On Jun 22, 2022
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Youngzedd(m): 5:33am On Jun 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Be careful of the error or fallacy of hasty generalization.
Don't connect the Lord Jesus to the false Gospel of Financial Prosperity popularized by backslidden American preachers.
I do not subscribe to or embrace prosperity gospel. I have preached against it since my campus days some twenty plus years ago.
Yeshua is the Hebrew Name of Jesus. The English transliteration is Jesus. Just as the English transliteration of YAHWEH is Jehovah.
See, the Jesus I believe in and serve in the ministry is the same as Yeshua.
So stop the wordplay game.
He has saved me. He spoke audibly to me some few times. He saved me from a terrible demonic attack that could have claimed my life years ago.
The Gospel is a global message. So don't localize the Name of it's Founder.
It is NOT Islam that seeks to impose the language and culture of the birthplace of Mohammed on the world.
Why pick only His Jewish or Hebrew Name Yeshua and reject His English Name Jesus, but you speak English and you don't read Hebrew Bible and speak his Hebrew language?
Selah.
Shalom.

How old is the name Jesus?

Tip: About letter >> https://www.dictionary.com/e/j/

There you will find find the year letter J made it to English language.

If Jesus is the English name of the Hebrew name Yeshua, what's the Hebrew name of the name Joshua?

Remember, Christ and Moses successor answered exactly the same name.

If the name wasn't that important and we can call him by any name, why did Yahweh bother himself by sending an angel to the world to give humans the name his son will be called?

Which name did the early Christians used to cast out demons, heal the sick, etc?

If the name Jesus is about 400 years old, what name were he known for over 1,600 years?

Yeshua - Joshua
Yeshua - Oluwafemi
Yeshua - Jesus

Which of the three names is truly transliterated?
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by DeepSight(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2022
MindHacker9009:

7. The Developed countries have access to the spirit world of technology. So even if you memorise and practice all the commands in the Bible it will not make you like Isaac Newton or the other great scientist.

Perhaps you are unaware that science owes a great deal to the ancient and medieval middle and far east. The contribution of Arabia in particular to something like mathematics is remarkable.
I trust you know that there can be no science without mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
Youngzedd:

How old is the name Jesus?

Tip: About letter >> https://www.dictionary.com/e/j/

There you will find find the year letter J made it to English language.

If Jesus is the English name of the Hebrew name Yeshua, what's the Hebrew name of the name Joshua?

Remember, Christ and Moses successor answered exactly the same name.

If the name wasn't that important and we can call him by any name, why did Yahweh bother himself by sending an angel to the world to give humans the name his son will be called?

Which name did the early Christians used to cast out demons, heal the sick, etc?

If the name Jesus is about 400 years old, what name were he known for over 1,600 years?

Yeshua - Joshua
Yeshua - Oluwafemi
Yeshua - Jesus

Which of the three names is truly transliterated?

Prophet Isaiah said His Name shall be called Immanuel also. So, why do you not call Him by that Name?
So, if Joshua and Yeshua means the same thing why don't you call Yeshua Joshua?
Why insist on Yeshua alone?
Demons bow always to the Name of Jesus in the mouth of all God's true children and ministers, since that's what the Name Yeshua means to them in the English language.
So, don't confuse people with your controversy over His Name. On the point you raised about letter J being new to English language. The English language is a dynamic, living language.
If you read Wycliffe or Tyndale English translations of the Bible, you will hardly be able to comprehend anything in them.
So quit the argument.
The Name Jesus Christ has come to stay
Heaven recognizes and approves it.
Hell fears and trembles at the mention of the Name.
Your opinion really does not matter.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
MindHacker9009:

You need to know that without the developed countries having contacts with the spirit world then they would not have come to Africa and you would have still been walking about without even boxer/pant

Since you have brought down our discuss to this low level of jokes and childish play, I have to say my goodbye here.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MindHacker9009(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Since you have brought down our discuss to this low level of jokes and childish play, I have to say my goodbye here.
Shalom.

Better for you to run away as you cannot handle fact and reality since you prefer to continue with your fantasy
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Youngzedd(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Prophet Isaiah said His Name shall be called Immanuel also. So, why do you not call Him by that Name?
So, if Joshua and Yeshua means the same thing why don't you call Yeshua Joshua?
Why insist on Yeshua alone?
Demons bow always to the Name of Jesus in the mouth of all God's true children and ministers, since that's what the Name Yeshua means to them in the English language.
So, don't confuse people with your controversy over His Name. On the point you raised about letter J being new to English language. The English language is a dynamic, living language.
If you read Wycliffe or Tyndale English translations of the Bible, you will hardly be able to comprehend anything in them.
So quit the argument.
The Name Jesus Christ has come to stay
Heaven recognizes and approves it.
Hell fears and trembles at the mention of the Name.
Your opinion really does not matter.
Shalom.

100,000 NGN UP FOR GRAB.

You just have to answer a small question below.

* Jesus of Lübeck (slave ship): 1540 - 1568
* Jesus (new Christians messiah): Name not found in 1611 KJV (first authorised english bible).

The ship called Jesus became inactive in the year 1568 even before the the first authorised KJV bible, it didn't even end there, 1611 KJV doesn't have the name Jesus in there, what you will see is lesus.

Go get 1611 KJV, you can download it on Google playstore, if you can show me where Jesus is written, come and collect 100,000 NGN from me.

What does the name Jesus appear now to be?

C'mon think, it's the ship they used to ship your ancestors overseas as slaves. All I see is enslavement in that name.

Brief History (Wikipedia):
Jesus of Lübeck was a carrack built in the Free City of Lübeck in the early 16th century. Around 1540 the ship, which had mostly been used for representative purposes, was acquired by Henry VIII, King of England, to augment his fleet. The ship saw action during the French invasion of the Isle of Wight in 1545. She along with Samson were used in an unsuccessful attempt to raise Henry VIII’s flagship, Mary Rose, after she foundered during the Battle of the Solent. She was later chartered to a group of merchants in 1563 by Queen Elizabeth I. Jesus of Lübeck became involved in the Atlantic slave trade under John Hawkins, who organized four voyages to West Africa and the West Indies between 1562 and 1568. During the last voyage, Jesus, along with several other English ships, encountered a Spanish fleet off San Juan de Ulúa (modern day Vera Cruz, Mexico) in September 1568. In the resulting battle, Jesus was captured by Spanish forces. The heavily damaged ship was later sold for 601 ducats to a local merchant.

The messiah's true name is YAHUSHUA (YESHUA) and his father YAHWEH (YHWH).

As you can see above, the name Jesus existed before the one you now took as Messiah.

Imagine after over 1,500 years of his death, you invent a name. Romans through Roman Catholic Church destroyed what was left of the TRUE Christianity.

The Christianity (lifestyle) that left Israel �� and the Christianity (religion) the Europeans brought here isn't the same. The one they brought here was the one they used to steal from us and enslave our minds, which they are still doing till today. That demonic veil they hung on us centuries ago is still covering the face of many Christians till today.

You can do more research about this on your own.

How dare you swap the name Yahweh gave to his son?

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

John 4:24
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

John 14:6
Yeshua told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Keyword: TRUTH
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
Youngzedd:

100,000 NGN UP FOR GRAB.

* Jesus (new Christians messiah): Name not found in 1611 KJV (first authorised english bible).

The ship called Jesus became inactive in the year 1568 even before the the first authorised KJV bible, it didn't even end there, 1611 KJV doesn't have the name Jesus in there, what you will see is lesus.

Go get 1611 KJV, you can download it on Google playstore, if you can show me where Jesus is written, come and collect 100,000 NGN from me.

C'mon think, it's the ship they used to ship your ancestors overseas as slaves. All I see is enslavement in that name.

Jesus of Lübeck was a carrack built in the Free City of Lübeck in the early 16th century. Around 1540 the ship, which had mostly been used for representative purposes, was acquired by Henry VIII, King of England, to augment his fleet. The ship saw action during the French invasion of the Isle of Wight in 1545. She along with Samson were used in an unsuccessful attempt to raise Henry VIII’s flagship, Mary Rose, after she foundered during the Battle of the Solent. She was later chartered to a group of merchants in 1563 by Queen Elizabeth I. Jesus of Lübeck became involved in the Atlantic slave trade under John Hawkins, who organized four voyages to West Africa and the West Indies between 1562 and 1568. During the last voyage, Jesus, along with several other English ships, encountered a Spanish fleet off San Juan de Ulúa (modern day Vera Cruz, Mexico) in September 1568. In the resulting battle, Jesus was captured by Spanish forces. The heavily damaged ship was later sold for 601 ducats to a local merchant.

As you can see above, the name Jesus existed before the one you now took as Messiah.

Imagine after over 1,500 years of his death, you invent a name. Romans through Roman Catholic Church destroyed what was left of the TRUE Christianity.

The Christianity (lifestyle) that left Israel �� and the Christianity (religion) the Europeans brought here isn't the same. The one they brought here was the one they used to steal from us and enslave our minds, which they are still doing till today. That demonic veil they hung on us centuries ago is still covering the face of many Christians till today.

For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

Yeshua told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

You didn't answer my question: The man who prophesied His birth said by divine revelation and authorization, "His name shall be called Immanuel, which means God with us."
The question I asked you is that why are you not calling Yeshua by this prophetic Name Immanuel?
And if Yeshua is the same as Joshua, why do you not call Yeshua Joshua?
Answer that first before we discuss any further.

1 Like

Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 3:50am On Jun 23, 2022
Youngzedd:

100,000 NGN UP FOR GRAB.

Below is an excerpt from Got Questions:
"The English spelling of the Hebrew Yeshua is Joshua. But when translated from Hebrew into Koine Greek, the original language of the New Testament, the name Yeshua becomes Iēsous. In English, Iēsous becomes Jesus. Thus, Yeshua and, correspondingly, Joshua and Jesus mean “Yahweh saves” or “the Lord is salvation.”
I do not know where you got your own Jesus of Lubeck from.
But the Bible Jesus is derived from Yeshua.
The Koine Greek of Yeshua is Iesous.
The English of Iesous is Jesus.
You asked me questions that the answer abounds on the internet.
That's very clever of you.
And for your information, KJV 1611 is NOT the first english translation of the Bible.
In fact, there were more than five other translations in the English language that predated KJV of 1611.
Shalom.
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 4:07am On Jun 23, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Better for you to run away as you cannot handle fact and reality since you prefer to continue with your fantasy

It is better to run away from an unprofitable babble.
You claim God hates technology.
Why are you typing on your phone and using what demonic world offers humanity?
Or are you demonic too?
If you are not demonic I don't expect you to still be discussing with me on your phone, something that you claim was revealed by demonic spirit world
Why should I continue to discuss with someone who loves to use 'demonic' gadgets, like a smartphone?
Bye.
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MindHacker9009(m): 2:43am On Jun 24, 2022
Gospel2Day:

It is better to run away from an unprofitable babble.
You claim God hates technology.
Why are you typing on your phone and using what demonic world offers humanity?
Or are you demonic too?
If you are not demonic I don't expect you to still be discussing with me on your phone, something that you claim was revealed by demonic spirit world
Why should I continue to discuss with someone who loves to use 'demonic' gadgets, like a smartphone?
Bye.

As long as I use technology for what's good, then thats fine before GOD

Watch these two videos to know about the origin of the technology you are using today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGzTTx_QqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYznDBC_fQk
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15am On Jun 24, 2022
MindHacker9009:

2.Catholic church was the first Christian church

The highlighted is totally wrong if you're relying on Wikipedia then you've lost it cause the Catholic has nothing in common with the teachings of the Bible Jesus! wink
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Gospel2Day: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2022
[quote author=MindHacker9009 post=114100795]

As long as I use technology for what's good, then thats fine before GOD

Watch these two videos to know about the origin of the technology you are using today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGzTTx_QqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYznDBC_fQk

I find it funny that you believe that God, Who made the galaxies and the milky-way, does not have scientific knowledge to impart to His creatures - that it is only Satan, a mere creation of God and his fellow rebel angels, that hold the secret knowledge of all science and technology.
You should have added that it's the spirit world that taught us how to cultivate rice and cook soup too.
I'm not surprised, it is the weakness of the black man to swallow whatever white men tell them, hook, line and sinker. Mental slavery is very real and runs very deep.
What the devil can do to human mind to deceive it is deep.
Shalom. .
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by Vickho: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2022
DeJuliet22:
Sex aside marriage should be widely condemned.
No nomenclature can make it acceptable before the sight of God.
Juliet how are you
Re: Why "Safe" Sex Could Be Very Dangerous by DeJuliet22: 7:26am On Aug 27, 2022
Vickho:
Juliet how are you
very well, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo / DSS Releases Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.