Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers (35018 Views)

Road Trip From Port Harcourt To Onne Port Rivers State: Pics & Video / A Nairalander's Trip To City Of Alameda In Northern California USA (pictures) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Tboymessiah(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
Proud Onne boy.. We know we haven't gotten to where we are supposed to be. However I'm optimistic that the future is better.. And it's in no distant time..

I school in onne Goek college long time ago.

We stayed at Alejor then
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Tboymessiah(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
Angelics:
Oil producing community, yet see how bad their roads are. May God help Nigeria

Don't mind the guy dem no dey produce oil there na only onne get sea port
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by swissgoldenpro3: 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Very nice
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Tboymessiah(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
ksquareibn:
Bros Okrika is not an inland and Onne is not having two ports, what you called two ports are just locations within the Onne Port ( FLT n FOT)

Don't mind the O.p as if no be onne I school, he should have removed okrika name from the post.

Na onne we know na only fish know okrika
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by caracas: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Realist12:
Good, inherited wealth can only be utilized well by visionary heirs .
I respect the south western leaders to be honest .
You need to buy sense
How many south western state is better than rivers state? Still don’t understand why some dumb ppl keep ascribing the Lagos success story to western leaders, same Lagos that the federal government n foreigners developed, but the past lagos governors slowed down the growth process….
Lagos should be like Johannesburg or even Tokyo sef
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

The bad boys there all belong to one cult, hence there's no rivalry that'll lead to unrest.

Hope you get it?
Oh! yes I do now.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by mrnwas(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
The same communities that feeds the nation be looking like slave town
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by InvertedHammer: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bossontop:
undecided
The oyel money no dey show for the place at all

/

You nefa hear say "person wey dem use him head break coconut no dey follow chop am" grin grin grin

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lol my community na u dey video like say u go one carribean island
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Realist12: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
caracas:

You need to buy sense
How many south western state is better than rivers state? Still don’t understand why some dumb ppl keep ascribing the Lagos success story to western leaders, same Lagos that the federal government n foreigners developed, but the past lagos governors slowed down the growth process….
Lagos should be like Johannesburg or even Tokyo sef
You don't get it do you? If southwest had this everyone will say because they have oil that's the reason for their growth but with all the oils in oil rich states we still can't see reasonable growth and infrastructure. The oil is a curse not a blessing to the regions and it's because they don't have visionary leaders. This environment here is not better than rural communities in Oyo and ogun states .
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ogbuefi677(m): 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Crixxx:
No Okrika man is a billionaire on Forbes yet otedola,alakija and the rest from far north are billionaires form oil wealth.
There is something they have not told us yet.

Abeg if there is any onne man who is a billionaire from oil wealth let me know because I know ee get men wey big rich dangote that are low-key billionaires in this country.
That is why yorubas want to die on top 1 Nigeria.
Imagine Alakija, a hairdresser abi tailor from Yorubaland owning an oil block in faraway Niger delta.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tboymessiah:

Don't mind the O.p as if no be onne I school, he should have removed okrika name from the post.

rubbish talk...who tell u say na only fish okrika know...where daewoo dey? Where nnpc port dey?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by ruggedtimi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tboymessiah:

rubbish talk...where daewoo dey, alakiri? Nnpc port ?? All in okrika. I reside in okrika and the op is biased with the pictures he was sending
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Emmariks(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your picture of King Oputibeya shows you went to Okochiri comminity. Did you visit His Royal Majesty, King Ateke Tom?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by miraclea: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Op you try ehh
the roads and lands belongs to both Eleme while okirika inhabits the water banks, and it's not an island
Refinery and environs are all Eleme alesa axis while shipping pipelines and jetty loading operations are in okirika
Okirika doesn't have an oil well
Onne port is not in okirika but in Eleme
You still deserve some salute
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by lolu2019: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

Can ibeno be compared to communities in Dubai or Saudi Arabia or Russia who are oil communities too? They are doing fine on what level exactly?
Oga,i have not been to Dubai before.but the Ibeno dat I know I am cool with it.only that they need more infrastructures.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Coldie(m): 5:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mk them no kidnap u o
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
jimyjames:

Can ibeno be compared to communities in Dubai or Saudi Arabia or Russia who are oil communities too? They are doing fine on what level exactly?

Naija levels i presume? lipsrsealed
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Qew1: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oh
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by masui(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
lolu2019:
that is the fault of their leaders not federal government. Ibeno is also an oil community, they are doing fine.

Really? Please how
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
They traded slaves and produce oil so where did all of the money go? This has to be one of the most poverty stricken oil producing places in the world.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by lolu2019: 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
masui:

Really? Please how
please try and visit Ibeno.that is d only place in Nigeria where u will enjoy free and constant electricity.tell me how business will not thrive in that area with good motorable roads.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tboymessiah:

I school in onne Goek college long time ago.

We stayed at Alejor then

That's nice, where are you now?
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Tboymessiah(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

That's nice, where are you now?

Am in Sweden
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by lailo: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Crixxx:
No Okrika man is a billionaire on Forbes yet otedola,alakija and the rest from far north are billionaires form oil wealth.
There is something they have not told us yet.

Abeg if there is any onne man who is a billionaire from oil wealth let me know because I know ee get men wey big rich dangote that are low-key billionaires in this country.
Their people no dey go school before. They were lazy folks. U expect multinational to employ illiterates? na now dey open eye.....
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Malawian(m): 9:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
So we are going to Ignore the O.P sneaking in Ijaw into the okirika heritage? Oputa Ibeya mean wetin for Ijaw? Even before we look at his dressing.

Okirika is Igbo and Igbo is Okirika.

Ijaw are boat dwelling pyrates and nothing more.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by GeneralDitari: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Malawian:
So we are going to Ignore the O.P sneaking in Ijaw into the okirika heritage? Oputa Ibeya mean wetin for Ijaw? Even before we look at his dressing.

Okirika is Igbo and Igbo is Okirika.

Ijaw are boat dwelling pyrates and nothing more.

Bro stop disgracing yourself.

Wakirike is Ijaw.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Aremson14(m): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Crixxx:

Enter north go see roads. The system is messed up.

Reason why they gree die that Nigerian must be one because Nigeria is nothing without these communities.
Don't u have governors? Don't da receive allocation. That's the problem with th south u keep shouting foul play whereas na una da do una selves
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by NeckingNgulping(m): 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tboymessiah:

Am in Sweden

Nice place.. All the best brother..
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Solkem: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
marsman:
Apart from Lagos, Onne also has a working sea port.
yes that is where I work the sea port is functioning well
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by GeneralDitari: 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Solkem:
yes that is where I work the sea port is functioning well

But it still have to pass Ijaw land to come out.

And I mean Bonny.
Re: A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers by Dotman2210(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Oil rich community with its residents living in abject poverty.

What a conundrum.

I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig

No number on your signature bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of The Abuja Airport New Terminal Building / Netherlands Tourist Visa / Stranded Corpers Seize Azman Air Laptops After Cancelled Flight (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.