Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1479953 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (4682) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2023
obainojazz:
I understand Yoruba well and in my first post, you’ll see where I said that statement wasn’t that bad if you factor in where and when he said it.

The fact still remains a sick Tinubu sees the presidency as the cherry on his long political life and just wants to write his name in history.

He said Buhari lule until they joined forces… He said he gave Ribadu opportunity in his party and now it’s his turn.

Baba no come perform anything but to get his own share of cake instead of supporting Osibanjo and the rest

That's why I keep saying the context of where and why he made the statement is important. Context gives meaning to statements.

It is one thing to win the party ticket, it is another thing to win the general election.

It is a fallacy to say Emi Lokan was Tinubu playing the tribal card when he was practically telling his party members that he has supported them and it's now his turn to be supported.

Whatever else you think about Tinubu is your business bro. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2023
cool cool cool

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Borgu lo kàn.

♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2023
monerozi5590:

That's not the answer to my question. I need a yes/no answer

No he didnt.

Show us where he did.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2023
obainojazz:
E go shock Larride I hear Yoruba pass am grin

Dey play, just dey play grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Have a productive day guys.

See y'all later in the evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

That's why I keep saying the context of where and why he made the statement is important. Context gives meaning to statements.

It is one thing to win the party ticket, it is another thing to win the general election.

It is a fallacy to say Emi Lokan was Tinubu playing the tribal card when he was practically telling his party members that he has supported them and it's now his turn to be supported.

Whatever else you think about Tinubu is your business bro. grin
That’s one thing with you guys… trying to twist everything

Where did I say that was tribal

Anyways… Make una good luck cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:14am On Jan 10, 2023
obainojazz:
That’s one thing with you guys… trying to twist everything

Where did I say that was tribal

Anyways… Make una good luck cheesy

I'm not twisting your own words.

They saying it was tribal was the genesis of the argument you entered my guy.

Obiano go sleep abeg, day just break for here. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

May Otem bless you.
You no well at all

grin cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

Osibanjo manager can cry for whatever he wants because the statement was directed at Osibanjo.

reminded them that ITS HIS TURN to be supported to get APC ticket. That's is context.

He was strictly speaking to Ogun state APC delegates it's his turn to be supported instead of Osibanjo.

There's a reason Tinubu didnt make the statement anywhere else till he got to Ogun State.

Now shout Emi Lokan cool

He said same in Oyo.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/02/tinubu-in-oyo-received-by-sen-akanbi-visits-alaafin-of-oyo-olubadan/

He's repeating same at open-air campaigns.

Again you have begin to have hallucinations. I suggest you see a doc asap for medications.
Projecting? You should be telling Tinubu that if you had half the presence of mind of a cuttlefish. But even a doornail ranks higher.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 9:21am On Jan 10, 2023
larride:

No he didnt.

Show us where he did.

I got this.

Speaking on why he is the best choice among other aspirants in South West, he said, “it is my time, I’m educated, I’m experienced. I have been serving people for a long time, bring me the presidency, it is my turn.”

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2023
Lol, but this thing is simple, This is like active and passive voice nah

Tinubu is the first person to shout "it's my turn"

Then obi said "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn.

Tryin to turn Amala on obi's statement is funny grin

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2023
Unlimited22:

Amaechi or Osinbajo vs Obi would've been a great watch.
I agree completely. Tinubu bought his ticket and so Osinbajo lost out.

However all hope is not lost. We are fortunate PO left PDP. I wish Osinbajo left APC. The two rogue parties would have started planning life in oblivion.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

I told you so! Less than 20 minutes and it's begun. wink

Omo, you be prophet no be small. cheesy cheesy

As you talk am na so e begin happen.

Batists know that their candidate is rotten so they always always try to equate all candidates as being as terrible as their candidate.
All tinubu supporters are always on the defensive because they know their candidate has a lot of baggage but they support him in spite of that, so whenever they get into an argument, they always want to find room to say, THEY ARE ALL BAD. No tinubu supporter will open mouth and ever tell you tinubu is cleaner than obi in terms of moral character. cheesy who born them, na to dey shout, nobody clean. They are all the same. Yeah right,

15 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:
Lol, but this thing is simple, This is like active and passive voice nah

Tinubu is the first person to shout "it's my turn"

Then obi said "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn.

Tryin to turn Amala on obi's statement is funny grin

Tinubu:
L'ote yii, Yoruba l'okan - In this period, it's the Yoruba's turn
Ti a ba de sha Yoruba naa, Emilokan - And if we select through the Yorubas, It's my turn.

Obi:
If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn

Literally the same statement

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu:
Ti a ba de sha Yoruba na, Emilokan - And if we select through the Yorubas, It's my turn.

Obi:

Is the presidency given by who's turn it is?

If u believe the Presidency is given by who's turn it is then u are right, they both inferred same tin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2023
StarchAndBanga:

Is the presidency given by who's turn it is?

If u believe the Presidency is given by who's turn it is then u are right, they both inferred same tin

Tinubu can never run a National Presidential campaign based on Yoruba's turn, yet he clearly believes it's Yoruba's turn

If the presidency is NOT given turn by turn, then how did Obi determine it was Igbo's turn?

I'll wait

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:33am On Jan 10, 2023
All you obidients are clearly wasting your time.

Just see all of you almost repeating the same answers and sounding logical as if you don't know that everyone already understans and knows what you're saying.

This is classic online tactics being used. No matter how preposterous your point is, just keep repeating it on and on until the preposterous point sticks in people's head.

For example, I could say buhari is the best president Nigeria has ever had, and many of you reasonable folks would of course come for my head but me with an agenda will just continue to repeat that point over and over again until I implant that point into your head that buhari is the best president Nigeria has ever had. I will keep highlighting perhaps a new road buit here on there and then keep hammering the statement "buhari is the best president Nigeria has ever had".

That's simply the modus operandi of online arguments laced with agenda. REPETITION! REPETITION! REPETITION! Till you the counterer are worn out or the argument devolves into unsavory brawls.
That's how nairaland arguments are.

12 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2023
Disstroy you are fvcking brilliant. Such a straight shooter. cheesy you say it exactly as it is. Damn!

DissTroy:

Don't waste your time. It has nothing to do with Obi. It's about Obi's tribe. For the likes of Laride and Oasis, it's just support for Tinubu and the APC.
For Raum, it's seething hatred for anyone of Igbo extraction to be president. He has no problem with any other person being GCFR, as long as it's not an Igbo person. Even if Jesus came down to earth to contest as Jesusdinma, he'd rather vote the Devil.

He has stated his repulsion to a president of Igbo extraction several times. I have quoted same of him countless times and even yesterday here. He's even boasted that any form of complaint by the South East about poor representation at the center should be met with military force quashing them.

I don't care that he and DonJazet have a running war but I stopped taking his comments against Obi at face value when I got prompted to dig into him.

Unlike others, he doesn't just troll or respond to tribal trolls, he initiates hateful tribal diatribes, even bordering on genocide a few times. None of the other Tinubuists here has been that hateful, save for Amoto 5 years ago.And Amoto's seems like a one-off.

For Raum, it's been an every week thing for 17 years. He won't dare accuse me of settling old scores with him because we barely have any interactive history. That's why he never responds when I expose him. He wouldn't.

2006 to 2023 of wishing a tribe the worst fate possible every week even when it's not election season isn't a phase - it's who he is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2023
DissTroy:

That's a lie. The thread is still fresh on front page.
Copy and paste it here with the bolded sections just as it is there.

You were looking for an opportunity to give a soft landing to your buddy Raum's outing as an unhinged tribalist (not just one responding to personal insults to his tribe) so you evaded until you got a seeming opening this morning. It won't fly.
Obi said he's running as a Nigerian, not as an Igbo man.

Damn! This guy!!
At this point, disstroy, FUCK_YOU for being a conservative! I hate to think the fact that we will be on opposite sides of anything. No, really, fuck_ you, you fucking_idiot. Going around being a goddamn conservative.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu:
Ti a ba de sha Yoruba naa, Emilokan - And if we select through the Yorubas, It's my turn.

Obi:

I don't understand Yoruba, I pick "it's my turn" statement based on the English translation.

Those two statements, the "if" is the difference between the two.

Obi made that statement through the one that was first said ( active and passive voice), if we're to go by whose turn, then it's igbo's turn....

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 9:46am On Jan 10, 2023
Yesterday Na "rising sun"
Today Na "if"

See what APC and Tinubu don turn educated people to shocked

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:49am On Jan 10, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

I don't understand Yoruba, I pick "it's my turn" statement based on the English translation.

Those two statements, the "if" is the difference between the two.

Obi made that statement through the one that was first said ( active and passive voice), if we're to go by whose turn, then it's igbo's turn....

Simple question,, do you believe that Peter Obi in his 61 years as a Nigerian has ever seen Presidency assigned on a turn by turn basis?

"If " your answer is No, then you have to explain how Obi determined that it was Igbo's turn to benefit from something that has never happened.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Tinubu can never run a National Presidential campaign based on Yoruba's turn, yet he clearly believes it's Yoruba's turn

If the presidency is NOT given turn by turn, then how did Obi determine it was Igbo's turn?

I'll wait

U did not answer my question..

nihilistjnr:

Obi:

Is the Presidency given by whose turn it is?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2023
wahala wahala

https://www.nairaland.com/7517710/may-children-character-man-vote

I like the prayer by the way
Oasisx,raumdeuter can i get an amen

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2023
The average mindset of the Obi supporter. Bold in their support of their candidate. Not hiding under the banner of "all of them are bad" toga.

mrvitalis:
Peter OBI is everything I want my children to be , he is my ideal child in character

Humble, trustworthy, hardworker, self believer , goal getter and compassionate

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2023
StarchAndBanga:

U did not answer my question..

Is the Presidency given by whose turn it is?

You're either blind, unable to comprehend the post you quoted, or both

You already said presidency is not awarded turn by turn. Now read the post again
nihilistjnr:

I'll wait
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2023
Is it this same tinubu video that Peter obi countered with "if" that this one's are turning like Amala

https://twitter.com/firstnameejike/status/1581580749387354112?t=xbx2KEo1mUeKEOd4Ap7Rsw&s=19

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Simple question,, do you believe that Peter Obi in his 61 years as a Nigerian has ever seen Presidency assigned on a turn by turn basis?

"If " your answer is No, then you have to explain how Obi determined that it was Igbo's turn to benefit from something that has never happened.

The supporters of the candidate that first made the statement official, have to answer this first, then Emi lokan to answer.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

I asked you to hop out my mentions severally because you are incapable of engaging basic reasoning.

Obi - "If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

1. Is the Presidency given on a turn by turn basis?

2. If no, then how did Obi determine that it is the turn of the Igbos?

3. If yes, then how did Obi determine that it is the turn of the Igbos?

Nah fam..

You cannot decide how this convo will go.

"if the president is to be"

I want you to analyse this part of that statement from Obi.

But if you think it doesn't make sense then we can analyse the whole statement he made.

So which is it?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

The supporters of the candidate that first made the statement official, have to answer this first, then Emi lokan to answer.

It's a tough ask, I know.

That's why I said no speech renovator can renovate it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nah fam..

You cannot decide how this convo will go.

"if the president is to be"

I want you to analyse this part of that statement from Obi.

But if you think it doesn't make sense then we can analyse the whole statement he made.

So which is it?

I will keep giving you the same answer until the day you choose to engage your mental faculties.

Hop out of my mentions please

Obligatory smiley emoji grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:19am On Jan 10, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Actually, it was.

- After Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, a Southerner, was given to fill in Southern slot and to pacify for the Abiola being robbed of what he obviously won.

After Obasanjo, Governors Attah and Odili wanted it by all means, but the powers that be said a Northerner from NorthWest. Yar'Adua got it.

- After Yar'Adua, Goodluck got it as from the South and South.

- But the chant was Northwest didn't complete "their" term so in 2015, Northern governors rallied round a Northern candidate because Jonathan didn't want to stepdown.

- Buhari got it and promised to step down after one tenure (of completing the other 4 years for NorthWest) so he got support from Northerners and the South.
O
- Buhari reneged and claimed it's a PDP agreement he won't agree to and ran again. Atiku ran too with the undertones being North East turn.

- But with the North having done 8 years a stretch, the South wants it. And since South West and South South have had a go, it just made sense that the assumption was South East.

It has always been turn by turn given the undertones. Anyone who's knowledgeable about Nigerian politics knows this.

But Obi is saying and has said even before the primaries that "Don't vote for me because I am an Igbo man or from the South East or a Christian. Vote for me because I have your best interest at heart and I intend to do..."
I can post 11 different videos over the last year and now of him saying so from YouTube.

For the first time, we have a candidate who doesn't feel he should be president because of helping people or his tribe but because he has the best intentions and has proven to do so.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (4682) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola, MeMiTi and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.