Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,231 members, 7,853,197 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:27 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1546516 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (4794) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 11:55am On Jul 17, 2022
NOBODY CAN PREDICT NEXT YEAR'S VOTING PATTERN.
I can't say this enough. Shebi the L wey una collect yesterday never clear una eye? With all the primary school line of thoughts?

And yes, it is extremely early to predict the reach of labor party next year. You cannot predict the inroads that would be made, if anything yesterday showed me that the Nigerian electorate might have just learnt split ticket voting for the first time.
Some people would vote for a party house of rep candidate from different party while voting president at a different party. A single person would thumbprint for different parties at different positions, but I feel this would be the most likely option for old voters while fresh voters will thumbprint for one party all the way through.

This is just a basic analysis, based on nothing concrete. Same as all mushroom armchair analysis.

NOBODY can predict how things turnout. Some yorubas value religion over tribe, some don't. Many yorubas are not moved by tribal instinct.

Yoruba and igbos account for the highest intertribal marriage in Nigeria. Many would overlook tribe.

I can't even predict SE voting pattern with the numerous parties there. 2023 is pregnant, that's all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
You guys have brought your rubbish football logic here...Why can't you guys be objective for once when analyzing things?

Aregbe messed up Osun so much so that it was always going to be difficult for his successor. The people were fed up and rightfully opted for a change...In 2012/2013 I was a youth corper in Osun and I saw first hand how clueless Aregbe is especially his education policies...I don't even want to talk about how he plunged the state into depts whilst not paying salaries or pension and when he pays, he pays 40% or thereabout...

Come the general elections, they'll queue up behind their own just the same way the East wil queue behind Obi...2023 is going to see each ethnic group queue behind their own...

When the campaigns starts, it will get worse and sadly so...

Based on your logic, the NW would queue under Kwankwaso ba?

Then the NE would queue under Atiku, abi?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:
grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK7XUhWCRbY

Few weeks ago.

Aregbe na weyrey no be small grin

I guess he was irked by the fact that immediately his candidate lost the APC primary in Osun, his Alimosho people in Lagos turned against him and Mocked him claiming he doesn't even have the Alimosho structure again.

I guess he used this election to just show dem say even tho na Lagos be him original Base, he Don get solid Base too for Osun( Something Ambode lacked which was why “ o lule “ grin)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Aregbe na weyrey no be small grin

I guess he was irked by the fact that immediately his candidate lost the APC primary in Osun, his Alimosho people in Lagos turned against him and Mocked him claiming he doesn't even have the Alimosho structure again.

I guess he used this election to just show dem say even tho na Lagos be him original Base, he Don get solid Base too for Osun( Something Ambode lacked which was why “ o lule “ grin)

But looking at it objectively, did Oyetola lose largely because Aregbe didn't support him?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

NUPENG and PENGASSAN seems to be the only bone that can hook this country

Get them to go on strike, and watch the FG call ASUU to a round table again for the umpteenth
time

And lagos tanker drivers Union
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:

And lagos tanker drivers Union

Anybody that wants anything from the government should just get these guys to go on strike for a moment

Government go reason sharp sharp
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
donjazet:
NOBODY CAN PREDICT NEXT YEAR'S VOTING PATTERN.
I can't say this enough. Shebi the L wey una collect yesterday never clear una eye? With all the primary school line of thoughts?

And yes, it is extremely early to predict the reach of labor party next year. You cannot predict the inroads that would be made, if anything yesterday showed me that the Nigerian electorate might have just learnt split ticket voting for the first time.
Some people would vote for a party house of rep candidate from different party while voting president at a different party. A single person would thumbprint for different parties at different positions, but I feel this would be the most likely option for old voters while fresh voters will thumbprint for one party all the way through.

This is just a basic analysis, based on nothing concrete. Same as all mushroom armchair analysis.

NOBODY can predict how things turnout. Some yorubas value religion over tribe, some don't. Many yorubas are not moved by tribal instinct.

Yoruba and igbos account for the highest intertribal marriage in Nigeria. Many would overlook tribe.

I can't even predict SE voting pattern with the numerous parties there. 2023 is pregnant, that's all.

The best bet is for Peter Obi to get a very good PR consultant , if possible an international one. Let them come up with strategies how he can penetrate the North to get votes and also have a strategy in place to disabuse the mind of the northern voters of any material they must have consumed that portrays Obi as “ tribal Igbo man who thinks about Biafra first before the national outlook “

NB: I’m not saying Obi is any of those , but in the run up to 2015 election I saw how the northerners consume audio tapes, voice notes and propaganda videos that are solely made in Hausa language to shape the mind of the majority barely literate population. If these people’s minds are not disabused, they will still vote APC or PDP depending on the cleric who made the material they consumed .

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

Nobody said Tinubu won't win. I don't even know how this one started this morning

Tinubu will win Osun
APC supporters didn't think Oyetola would lose either, APC has failed and majority of Nigerians want them out...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Like I said, nobody is saying Tinubu wont win the SW.

But trying to spin it as if the people don't have a mind of their own is funny.

One said APC performed in the Federal level in Osun State. Maybe fuel is 165/litre or dollar is 215 naira there.

Before the election, it was as if PDP won't pull 50k votes here. Dem don lose now, them don dey talk about competence.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Theflint1:
Whether it's 60% or even 90%, it doesn't matter. The way South Westerners take religion is not the same way the whole of Nigeria takes religion. South Westerners don't kill themselves over Muslim-Christian fights. They have built a level of understanding that puts the sanctity of life over religious alligance.

Ehn ehn. I didn't know this before oh. Thank you for telling me. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

But looking at it objectively, did Oyetola lose largely because Aregbe didn't support him?

Maybe not largely , but Aregbe had his base and those bases would’ve been APC’s votes if Aregbe was in good terms with the governor .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Maybe not largely , but Aregbe had his base and those bases would’ve been APC’s votes if Aregbe was in good terms with the governor .

Especially Osogbo and Olohunda LGs.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:

So you were giving us false updates from your situation room ba? angry

You knew all these, and you said it was still cooking

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:

Yeah, even Ilesha axis sef would’ve been better for APC
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
It was Deeper than I thought sef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g55_YfLO3Mo

Cc

BlueRayDick

Larride
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

So you were giving us false updates from your situation room ba? angry

You knew all these, and you said it was still cooking

cheesy

Miles away from the Kitchen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
BlueRayDick:

to disabuse the mind of the northern voters of any material they must have consumed that portrays Obi as “ tribal Igbo man who thinks about Biafra first before the national outlook “

But he is. Hero beer is marketed as a biafran beer. Not an Ndigbo beer, a biafran beer.

The most successful product of the loss leader SABMiller, is promoter as a beer for seperatists. I was at LBS some years back on a course and they were discussing the 'marketing coup'

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4qeRdiTZcY

Larride.... you should have helped us with all these gist nah
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, even Ilesha axis sef would’ve been better for APC

Imagine APC lost in Ila, Ejigbo and Co. APC Strongholds o. Aregbe is a happy man now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:

cheesy

Miles away from the Kitchen.

But the last election, Adeleke was very close and almost defeated Oyetola. I guess Aregbe was with him then.

The election get as e be sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:

But he is. Hero beer is marketed as a biafran beer. Not an Ndigbo beer, a biafran beer.

The most successful product of the loss leader SABMiller, is promoter as a beer for seperatists. I was at LBS some years back on a course and they were discussing the 'marketing coup'

This one no be talk. While growing up Trophy beer was once marketed as “ọtí ilesha " i.e Ilesha beer...... As recent as 2007 my friend who had reasons to be at ilesha was talking about Trophy was the only beer Ilesha people regard, he said when he ordered Heineken for himself and his guests their joy was out of this world. That's not tribalism, that's the brewing company creating a marketing niche for themselves
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:
It was Deeper than I thought sef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g55_YfLO3Mo

Cc

BlueRayDick

Larride

I Don know about this crisis for a while, in fact I watched that man's video back then and that was why I said Aregbe was out for revenge this election cos he knows they've taken Alimosho off his feet as the man mentioned in the video. Na only Osun remain for am to score a point and I guess he did eventually.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

Based on your logic, the NW would queue under Kwankwaso ba?

Then the NE would queue under Atiku, abi?
The Northerners are not caught up in the mess we find ourselves down South...Igbos will align with Obi while Yorubas will align behind Tinubu with the South South splitting between the PDP, APC and LP...

I have this gut feeling that Kwankwaso will at some point start working for Tinubu if he isn't already doing so...Choice of Vice and Political party will play a huge role up North as I see Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso (If he doesn't collapse his structures before the general elections) sharing the votes...

It will be difficult for Obi to penetrate core North so, he should focus on the Middle Belt (He stands a chance of getting 30% votes here), SouthEast and South South...He'll get votes in Lagos and Kaduna and couple in other states which is his best bet...

Tinubu will do well in his stronghold and get enough votes in the NE and NW...

The Middle Belt will play a big role of Obi must stand a chance...I am ruling out Atiku and Kwankwaso entirely...

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
raumdeuter:
The same way SE will deliver bloc votes for Obi even in states with APC PDP or APGA governors

That is the same way SW will deliver bloc votes for Tinubu in 2023

The only time the whole SW was under one party since 2003 was between 2018 and 2019

Let me finish it for you:
That is the same way the North West and majority of the North East will deliver block votes for Atiku grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
izzou:

But the last election, Adeleke was very close and almost defeated Oyetola. I guess Aregbe was with him then.

The election get as e be sef

Oyetola was actually forced on Aregbe. He's never his choice to succeed him. Aregbe wanted his Successor to be picked from Osun West. He believed it's their turn, coz both Osun East and Central had served.

Oyinlola and Akande are from Osun Central and they both spent 11yrs in power. Aregbe is from Osun East, and he spent 8years. Guess what? Oyetola is from Osun Central as well.

Osun West felt cheated and decided to work against the Party. Though the plan was given the Ticket to Isiaka Adeleke but death took him. Ademola Adeleke demanded the Ticket but it wasn't given to him, hence he decamped to PDP.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I Don know about this crisis for a while, in fact I watched that man's video back then and that was why I said Aregbe was out for revenge this election cos he knows they've taken Alimosho off his feet as the man mentioned in the video. Na only Osun remain for am to score a point and I guess he did eventually.

TOP will take over the Party Structure..... Aregbe wins.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
Tinubu and SW APC can not afford to lose any state in the SW during the presidential elections, it will be very dangerous. It’s less than one year to the presidential elections, this result has serious implications and has to worry APC.

PDP will definitely look to capitalize on this victory in getting strong numbers from Osun state, that is if they don’t win it entirely. No APC supporter should pretend like this isn’t a big problem because it is and if not handled quickly may complicate things.

Buhari no dey even shake body sef, man has been indifferent about the election since the primaries was over. It would be interesting to see how he handles presidential campaigns, especially in the the North.

SW APC have to get their house in order first. This one na real blow and it is not going away anytime soon.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
popizaino:

Thanks for this man grin grin grin

Blueraydick
Homesteady

What do you have to say about this ?

I was just pointing out the irony in your statement.

If there is one state that Tinubu should win with high margin percentage, it will be Osun. The story is that he is originally from Osun abi? So they will definitely vote for their son
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Roland17:
Tinubu and SW APC can not afford to lose any state in the SW during the presidential elections, it will be very dangerous. It’s less than one year to the presidential elections, this result has serious implications and has to worry APC.

PDP will definitely look to capitalize on this victory in getting strong numbers from Osun state, that is if they don’t win it entirely. No APC supporter should pretend like this isn’t a big problem because it is and if not handled quickly may complicate things.

Buhari no dey even shake body sef, man has been indifferent about the election since the primaries was over. It would be interesting to see how he handles presidential campaigns, especially in the the North.

SW APC have to get their house in order first. This one na real blow and it is not going away anytime soon.

Amosun and Eleyi must be reconciled or the Party will lose to PDP in 2023.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Oasis007:

Oyetola was actually forced on Aregbe. He's never his choice to succeed him. Aregbe wanted his Successor to be picked from Osun West. He believed it's their turn, coz both Osun East and Central had served.

Oyinlola and Akande are from Osun Central and they both spent 11yrs in power. Aregbe is from Osun East, and he spent 8years. Guess what? Oyetola is from Osun Central as well.

Osun West felt cheated and decided to work against the Party. Though the plan was given the Ticket to Isiaka Adeleke but death took him. Ademola Adeleke demanded the Ticket but it wasn't given to him, hence he decamped to PDP.

Hmmmmmm

I understand his grievance sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (4794) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: OkpaNsukkaisBae(m), obainojazz(m), GrammarNazi1(m), Ihebu4chelsea(m), Itsrm(m), izzou(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.