Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,323 members, 7,867,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1589780 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (4870) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2023
OasisX:

grin

..... in the olden days during his schooling Era, high school education ends at form 4, plus 4yrs at Uni, that will be 8yrs in total.

He didn't specifically mention University, guess you know?
Lol, your guy is clearly out of touch, this system has been phased out for at least 30 years now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2023
Theflint1:
https://twitter.com/Intel_Avatar/status/1621395828257480705?t=CVnC2B7_SRL_7Tt10hKK4A&s=19

Happening at UNIBEN maingate this morning, the soldiers came for a reprisal.

izzou this is what I was talking about yesterday night. I knew this was definitely going to happen sooner or later.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:05am On Feb 03, 2023
Theflint1:
https://twitter.com/Intel_Avatar/status/1621395828257480705?t=CVnC2B7_SRL_7Tt10hKK4A&s=19

Happening at UNIBEN maingate this morning, the soldiers came for a reprisal.

Here we go. Attack of the unknown soldier.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2023
I have an unpopular opinion;

NIGERIA IS BROKE AND IN BANKRUPTCY not the bullshitt being sold...

What is playing out in Nigeria is what played out in GREECE some years ago...

Austerity measures will be next
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 8:08am On Feb 03, 2023
Abort mission! I repeat, Abort mission!!! Everywhere na trap.. e go choke you oasis grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

at a cost of over 300k for the hardware and at least 20k per month for subscription, this in no way qualifies as 'broadband penetration'

in addition to this, if the Federal Government of Nigeria is partnering or engaging with Starlink on this - rest assured, twitter, facebook, or any other platform can also be blocked via firmware update
If you work from home and spend up to 30k a month on home internet, the stuff pays for itself in two years. The issue I see with it is that we can't make payments in Naira, I'm sure that's something they'd be working to fix though, maybe with a physical retail outlet or integration with our bank apps.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:10am On Feb 03, 2023
Tataffo:
I have an unpopular opinion;

NIGERIA IS BROKE AND IN BANKRUPTCY not the bullshitt being sold...

What is playing out in Nigeria is what played out in GREECE some years ago...

Austerity measures will be next

It is not an unpopular opinion. It is something a lot of people suspect but will not say out loud. The government has seen what happened in Lebanon and in other places where there was a run on the national currency.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Mi o ni sọ ń kánkán.

.... but politics online and offline ain't the same. Don't be surprised if PDP win massively in SS, as in beat Obi blablu in Delta, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa.

I know Edo is locked down for Obi, Rivers will be shared by all of them, thanks to Wike. Cross River will be shared too, thanks to APC Structures in the State ably led by the Governor.
You overrate the governors and underrate the masses.

You seem to live outside the country. You need to come back home and have a proper perspective of things.

I live in the SE and travel accross the SE, SS and SW regions periodically. I can tell you what's on ground.

Most political leaders are even afraid to tell their supporters not to vote for PO. Even Wike can't try it in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is not an unpopular opinion. It is something a lot of people suspect but will not say out loud. The government has seen what happened in Lebanon and in other places where there was a run on the national currency.
You get, this whole thing is suspect as hell, won't be surprised if what follows is a massive devaluation of the Naira.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by AnfieldFan: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Obidients..... let's go and cancel this popular Akwa Ibom born Actor.

https://twitter.com/afolabiodun/status/1621241583848013824?t=smZed9UokJXERYQIWUXv4w&s=19

Maybe, the "He is a successful business man " made you feel he was referring to Obi but I'm sorry, he wasn't, he was talking about Atiku...The podcast is on YouTube... Endeavor to watch it and get more insight before bringing a video that does the opposite of what you intend it to do.....👍🏾👍🏾

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2023
raumdeuter:

You mean for instance Atiku wins Adamawa Gombe Bauchi Kebbi Jigawa Sokoto, Obi will come 2nd?

grin grin grin grin

I will not say anything

I said majority Mr Dayo.

And that's because of the Christian block and the most of the non northerners living in the north.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2023
Theflint1:
If you work from home and spend up to 30k a month on home internet, the stuff pays for itself in two years. The issue I see with it is that we can't make payments in Naira, I'm sure that's something they'd be working to fix though, maybe with a physical retail outlet or integration with our bank apps.

Until it has been in use for up to a year in Nigeria, you will not know what the actual caveats are.

As an engineer you often find there is a difference between marketing hype and actual real world performance of any product.

But let's see
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Until it has been in use for up to a year in Nigeria, you will not know what the actual caveats are.

As an engineer you often find there is a difference between marketing hype and actual real world performance of any product.

But let's see

I watched a naija tech content creator dissect the whole starlink hype. There's a data cap of 1 Terabyte on the cheapest plan contrary to the general believe that it will be unlimited; once u exhaust the 1TB , u can buy additional data at the cost of N187 per 1GB(Based on blackmarket rate). If however u don't buy additional data after exhausting the 1TB data cap, ur internet will be 4cking slow.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2023
raumdeuter:
El Rufai on TVC

This will be a close election between PDP and APC. Peter Obi is not even a factor here. When he is polling 1% in Sokoto, Jigawa, 5% in Kano. Your 90% in Anambra will not matter when the voting population of Anambra is only about 2-3 local govts in Kano

Peter Obi is not going to win the presidential election. Peter Obi is a Nollywood actor and that's what he will be. This election is between PDP and APC - El Rufai

Lamentations of a drowning man.

Why didn't he talk about Kwankwaso?

Offcourse Peter Obi is a threat to their useless structure.

By the way, Sultan of Sokoto said Peter Obi was his landlord.

This man is too humble. The president we need.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 8:32am On Feb 03, 2023
izzou:
Rivers state is the perfect example of 'e nye ndi ebe a, e nye ndi ebe a

grin grin grin
Help me tell Raundeuter that structure has restructured

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

izzou this is what I was talking about yesterday night. I knew this was definitely going to happen sooner or later.

Look at the number plates of those cars

All na FG number plates.

Na own goal, bros. UNIBEN still leading cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:34am On Feb 03, 2023
Spy360:

Lamentations of a drowning man.

Why didn't he talk about Kwankwaso?

Offcourse Peter Obi is a threat to their useless structure.

By the way, Sultan of Sokoto said Peter Obi was his landlord.

This man is too humble. The president we need.

Nigerian politics sef undecided

I find it irritating all these talks about He was my landlord, I was his landlord in Lagos, I was a tenant in his state in Adamawa, blah blah blah...

They talk as if they allocated land to u free of charge and u didn't pay for the land or u don't pay land use charge/pay ur tax as at when due. Some of them act as if they weren't normal citizens until the people voted them into power to lead the people.

It is all these talks that makes Nigerian leaders feel like rulers and not ordinary citizens called to serve the people. That's why u will see a governor wake one day and just demolish the house of a citizen because they have political differences.

I still maintain my stand, democary is not the way of majority of Africans and this shows in the way we practice our so-called democracy.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2023
OasisX:

grin

..... in the olden days during his schooling Era, high school education ends at form 4, plus 4yrs at Uni, that will be 8yrs in total.

In the olden day, e don tey....

Na Roman Schnapp.

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFLzMcIJ-XU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:37am On Feb 03, 2023
izzou:

Look at the number plates of those cars

All na FG number plates.

Na own goal, bros. UNIBEN still leading cool

Issokay. Me I will just advice anybody that has wards in that school to tell them to be very careful and if possible stay away from the environs for now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I watched a naija tech content creator dissect the whole starlink hype. There's a data cap of 1 Terabyte on the cheapest plan contrary to the general believe that it will be unlimited; once u exhaust the 1TB , u can buy additional data at the cost of N187 per 1GB(Based on blackmarket rate). If however u don't buy additional data after exhausting the 1TB data cap, ur internet will be 4cking slow.

yes yes yes

unlimited data is the standard wayo all ISPs throw about. but somewhere in the terms and conditions there are always FUP [fair usage] clauses. Heavy users have repeatedly experienced the BS of unlimited plans

also the MBPS vs mb/s . ISPs will always advertise their speeds in MBPs. meanwhile your download speeds are measured in kb/s or mb/s

so you will now be wondering - shebi i was promised blazing fast speeds

in the current economic climate buhari has foistered upon us, it feels like another return to the 90s when the unreliable nitel phone line was not for the poor and the satellite dish was a status symbol that did not deliver good service.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:41am On Feb 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Issokay. Me I will just advice anybody that has wards in that school to tell them to be very careful and if possible stay away from the environs for now.

I agree with you, bros

But who has been beaten cannot be unbeaten.

Quite happy with the match so far cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

1TB is a lot though
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Our balance sheet is in the red and the real value of our currency is worth next to nothing (apologies to Prof. Soludo) the pressure on the naira is much, so government wanted to do something to save the economy from imminent collapse by limiting physical cash transaction but we don't have the adequate infrastructure to implement the policy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:00am On Feb 03, 2023
Theflint1:
1TB is a lot though

But it is not unlimited all the same.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2023
izzou:

In the olden day, e don tey....

Na Roman Schnapp.

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFLzMcIJ-XU

🤣🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2023
Theflint1:
1TB is a lot though

1tb is a lot to the basic Nigerian user

If you are streaming Netflix or amazon on your 4k TV at full resolution that 1tb is going fast. If you are playing call of duty you are downloading at least 500gb to whatever device you use.

If you have a family you will be shocked at how fast the data will go if you do not have systems in place to manage Internet use.

And these are the people (with 4k TV Netflix subscriptions, ps 5 and ps5 plus) who will wind up buying.

And musk also is no philanthropist in any way. Exeoct enough nickel and diming and microtransacting
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

yes yes yes

unlimited data is the standard wayo all ISPs throw about. but somewhere in the terms and conditions there are always FUP [fair usage] clauses. Heavy users have repeatedly experienced the BS of unlimited plans

also the MBPS vs mb/s . ISPs will always advertise their speeds in MBPs. meanwhile your download speeds are measured in kb/s or mb/s

so you will now be wondering - shebi i was promised blazing fast speeds

in the current economic climate buhari has foistered upon us, it feels like another return to the 90s when the unreliable nitel phone line was not for the poor and the satellite dish was a status symbol that did not deliver good service.

Buhari! Buhari!! Buhari!!!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:41am On Feb 03, 2023
cry cry cry cry cry
angry angry angry angry

see as buhari has destroyed the economy finish

this fine girl can only afford one yard of aso ebi.
things are very very hard now angry angry angry
hopefully other ladies will follow suit and cut their aso ebi according to the size of their pocket

there are still some savings that can be made here by lowering the top

good to see nigerians are riding out this period

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2023
grin

Nail cutter sef don go cashless

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:48am On Feb 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Have u seen videos of tech content creators complaining bitterly about the fact that u can’t even pay for the hardware and subscription with ur naira debit card ? That is because most Nigerian banks ave suspended international transactions on their naira Mastercards as a result of scarcity of forex.

I really do not know what Buhari is celebrating here. Maybe if u do, please share with us.
You are a kill joy
You just crushed one of the achievement
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2023
OasisX:

grin

oshey agba renovator

(1) (2) (3) ... (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) ... (4870) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, reccy(m), BlueRayDick and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.