Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,308 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1589163 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) ... (4870) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
Rev. Father Dis.stroy. How are you today? 🙄

Joe, not doing drugs, alcohol, or smoking doesn't make one a saint or anything pious. It's just being responsible.

You already know I'm barely religious, and that I've kicked against substance abuse over the years. I'm a proud teetotaler and 'straightedger'.

How are your liver, kidneys, heart, and lungs today? Mine are great. smiley
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:
No amount of gaslighting will stop us from repeating it always.

Lagos is a Yoruba land and we will keep reminding anyone that want to say Lagos is a no man's land because of its cosmopolitan nature.

Just like Mobolaji Johnson said, Lagos is a no man's land, the capital can move to anywhere they want.
sometimes I wonder when people just open their mouth and or use their fingers to type "Lagos is no man's land". I ask such people if they can allow anyone who isn't from their state make such statement in their state.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
DissTroy:

Joe, not doing drugs, alcohol, or smoking doesn't make one a saint or anything pious. It's just being responsible.

You already know I'm barely religious, and that I'be kicked against substance abuse ovwr the years.

How are your liver, kidneys, heart, and lungs today? Mine are great. smiley
seriously Kay? You think just because a man doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs make the man responsible? Hmmm.

It seem you and I have very different understanding of who and what a responsible man is.

Yes, I know you're not religious but still, your stand toe the line of religious thinking.

And my lungs, liver and kidneys and heart are all doing very fine, thank you.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:

But the fire started 3:28am and Lagos state fire and rescue service were on the scene to put out the fire.

How did it turn into APC thugs burning spare parts market?

Later now you people will be saying that's its APC that flaming division in Lagos State.

If tomorrow lasepa comes and starts enforcing stringent safety standards who will still cry about state bullying?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Itsrm:
Why do our politicians have to hire so many lawyers?

Obi hired 20, Atiku hired 19, Tinubu hired 20. Not forgetting that each of these lawyers have their individual law firms.

What's the rationale here?
20 heads are better than 1 and no be all of them go talk oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
Itsrm:

Obi hired 20, Atiku hired 19, Tinubu hired 20. Not forgetting that each of these lawyers have their individual law firms.

It’s intimidation levels na.

I once attended a training and the facilitator a popular lawyer himself told us a funny story . He said most of those big wig lawyers like Afe Babalola , Wole Olanipekun, FRA Williams , etc ; when they walk into the court they have a junior lawyer who would push trolley of law books and reports behind them which they will cite on the course of their argument .

They cite some reports/cases that even the judge ( who was still in secondary school when they were call to bar ) does not have access to. At times those judges even ask their permission to have a look at the hard copy of the books just to sight it . He said a junior lawyer seeing that level of intimidation will find it hard putting forth a serious argument to counter their argument .

I guess that clout too helps them in cases of these magnitude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
seriously Kay? You think just because a man doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs make the man responsible? Hmmm.

It seem you and I have very different understanding of who and what a responsible man is.

It's being responsible healthwise. Why deliberately take substances which would damage your physically and mentally?

Asides physical health, we all know the psychological toll such addictions take on the abusers. Like the guy who can't sleep at night unless he inhales xyz, or the girl who thinks the only way to drown out her moodiness is consuming 20CL of spirits.

Yes, I know you're not religious but still, your stand toe the line of religious thinking.
Ironically, alcohol features a lot in religion. Wine is a constant theme.

And my lungs, liver and kidneys and heart are all doing very fine, thank you.
Glad they are. But don't gaslight. The issue is about saying no to substance abuse, not about religiosity.
Substance abuse knows no atheist or theist. Let's stay on the issue.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2023
Itsrm:

I swear. Who no go no go know. Tenants will so frustrate you ehn. The worst part is that, everytime a tenant leaves, you will spend half or all of the new rent you're collecting renovating the apartment.

The Landlord of the house I live had to hand over the house to a lawyer out of frustration.

He told me he has considered selling it many times and that the day he gets a good offer, he will sell it off immediately.

Even lawyer sef dey tire for Nigerian tenant wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:

But the fire started 3:28am and Lagos state fire and rescue service were on the scene to put out the fire.

How did it turn into APC thugs burning spare parts market?

Later now you people will be saying that's its APC that flaming division in Lagos State.

Fire burns market in Osun who are we going to blame

https://www.nairaland.com/7602153/again-fire-razes-shops-destroys

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Even lawyer sef dey tire for Nigerian tenant wahala

I think if your lawyer coordinates with lasg / local govt once all the notices are expired, they can push the tenant out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:
No amount of gaslighting will stop us from repeating it always.

Lagos is a Yoruba land and we will keep reminding anyone that want to say Lagos is a no man's land because of its cosmopolitan nature.

Just like Mobolaji Johnson said, Lagos is a no man's land, the capital can move to anywhere they want.
What difference does it make if everybody in Nigeria suddenly recognises Lagos as a Yoruba land? Will the acceptance of Lagos as a Yoruba land suddenly grow its economy better than it is now?

Out of curiosity, I will like to know.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It’s intimidation levels na.

I once attended a training and the facilitator a popular lawyer himself told us a funny story . He said most of those big wig lawyers like Afe Babalola , Wole Olanipekun, FRA Williams , etc ; when they walk into the court they have a junior lawyer who would push trolley of law books and reports behind them which they will cite on the course of their argument .

They cite some reports/cases that even the judge ( who was still in secondary school when they were call to bar ) does not have access to. At times those judges even ask their permission to have a look at the hard copy of the books just to sight it . He said a junior lawyer seeing that level of intimidation will find it hard putting forth a serious argument to counter their argument .

I guess that clout too helps them in cases of these magnitude

This is why law in Nigeria needs to upgrade to electronic books

I have a trove of manuals and guides and If there is argument, I just pull up a manual and slap a counter sharp sharp.

It is when you carry limited supply hard copy books you can pull off this kind of intimidation
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I think if your lawyer coordinates with lasg / local govt once all the notices are expired, they can push the tenant out.

It’s not as easy as u think . Good lawyers will advise u that the easiest way to sort issues like that is out of court settlement .

If u build a house that consists of 4 units of 2 bedroom flat worth 60m and u put it up for rent for let’s say 800k per year , na the first year rent of N3.2m total wey u collect be ur own o.

What happens afterwards is another story entirely . Even when u go to court to eject non paying tenants, u will still give them 6 months to relocate sef. Ur own cost of capital still dey there o. Which book u wan record the 6 months ?

That’s why u see landlords going military or diabolical on tenants instead of going legal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
DissTroy:

It's being responsible healthwise. Why deliberately take substances which would damage your physically and mentally?

Asides physical health, we all know the psychological toll such addictions take on the abusers. Like the guy who can't sleep at night unless he inhales xyz, or the girl who thinks the only way to drown out her moodiness is consuming 20CL of spirits.
are you saying just a sip of alcohol can cause serious harm to the person who takes it?

I hope you know drinking alcohol moderately isn't harmful. Unlike taking or sniffing substances...

Beside, never have I heard Palmwine or the drinking of it have damaged the physical, mental or emotional wellbeing of the drinker. Or you want to say plamwine doesn't contain alcohol?

Ironically, alcohol features a lot in religion. Wine is a constant theme.
no doubt. They say drinking wine is good, the older the wine, the better. Beside, we didn't read any account of those who partook in the drinking of wine die from heart, lung or kidney related diseases in the Bible. They even lived longer than most people of today. Considering the harshness of the condition present back then.

Glad they are. But don't gaslight. The issue is about saying no to substance abuse, not about religiosity.
Substance abuse knows no atheist or theist. Let's stay on the issue.
I agree. Still I won't call a social drinker someone who abuse substance.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This is why law in Nigeria needs to upgrade to electronic books

I have a trove of manuals and guides and If there is argument, I just pull up a manual and slap a counter sharp sharp.

It is when you carry limited supply hard copy books you can pull off this kind of intimidation

Lolz …. U think these people don’t know these things ? U think these establishment people want things to change ?

Former alpha beta MD Dapo Apara’s lawyer claimed all the case file of the Alpha beta case was burnt in the post end sars violence that led to the burning of the courts . Normally would u have imagined that in 2020 a Court in Lagos , Nigeria would still be keeping hard copies of case files when there’s cloud services almost everywhere ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:

Same.

nihilistjnr please check your mail ooo

I've responded.

It's not a short discussion.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
“On the election day alone, we were able to block more than 200 attacks, and the next day, the attacks geometrically increased to about 1.2 million, and all were blocked from our own businesses,”

Abeg how many cyber attacks we dey generally record daily ni?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2023
ShaqFu:

I agree. Still I won't call a social drinker someone who abuse substance.

Key term: Substance abuse. Most people don't know when to draw the line. Even more people don't even know the line.

If you get inebriated - even a little, it's already abuse. Your body's telling you you've crossed the line.

And you're focusing only on alcohol. What about those who'd mix anything in the name of aphrodisiacs to go the whole mile between the sheets? Or the ones who'd take Paracetamol at the slightest feeling of being uneasy? Or those who'd experiment with anything which gives off smoke?
Or even add anything to their alcohol to seemingly suppress even though it makes it worse?

It's an uncomfortable topic which makes many people (men especially) uneasy, I know. But uncomfortable topics have to be discussed sometimes.

And the worst abusers of substances are very religious so that further negates your argument of me stating it from a religious standpoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Haha. Chris Rock finished Will Smith on that ending section. The way he kept repeating the word bítch 🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
Itsrm:

Intimidation and Optics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2023
ShaqFu:
sometimes I wonder when people just open their mouth and or use their fingers to type "Lagos is no man's land". I ask such people if they can allow anyone who isn't from their state make such statement in their state.
So because Igbos are cool headed abi, can a Yoruba man claim Ilorin as Yoruba land? When u sell off ur birthright as the Afonjas are know for why won't we say Lagos is no man's land.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2023
kad199:
So because Igbos are cool headed abi, can a Yoruba man claim Ilorin as Yoruba land? When u sell off ur birthright as the Afonjas are know for why won't we say Lagos is no man's land.

Are you sure you're alright??
Are you okay?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2023
People woke up this morning to see millions of their sweat and hard earned money burnt to ashes.

All these because hatred and animosity have been planted into people's pysche.

Any Nigerian who is partaking in the division between tribes of this country would not end well.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It’s not as easy as u think . Good lawyers will advise u that the easiest way to sort issues like that is out of court settlement .

If u build a house that consists of 4 units of 2 bedroom flat worth 60m and u put it up for rent for let’s say 800k per year , na the first year rent of N3.2m total wey u collect be ur own o.

What happens afterwards is another story entirely . Even when u go to court to eject non paying tenants, u will still give them 6 months to relocate sef. Ur own cost of capital still dey there o. Which book u wan record the 6 months ?

That’s why u see landlords going military or diabolical on tenants instead of going legal
What you said here is not really true and applies to ignorant landlords.

I am a landlord and I know.

The tenancy laws actually favour th landlord as long as he does not cross his line.

Whenever I want to quit a tenant, I issue him quit notice 6months to the expiration of his current rent. If he has already exceeded that time frame, I simply lure him to pay then issue the notice. I have evicted a tenant who just paid one year rent. When he saw the notice and wanted to push it to court, I laughed. His lawyer adviced him to beg me for refund. I did after deducting the like four months he stayed before packing out.

You can't go to court with your landlord and win. One day you will pack out and he will collect any unpaid rent during the duration of the court case.

The only thing landlords should avoid is forceful eviction.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

I've responded.

It's not a short discussion.

Thank you for the call. I appreciate it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
I have been hearing people say Lagos is no man's land. Unless it's just a way to describe how people of several tribes congregate in Lagos, it's a stupid thing to say.

The area is clearly located in the western part where the Yorubas dominate. I don't know the real history but even if it was conquered in the past, it still belong to the Yorubas. In terms of origin, it belongs to the Yoruba people.

Simple.

However, as part of a federation, anyone is permitted to live, do business and contribute to the welfare and growth of any where in the country without fear or intimidation.

Hence, Lagos (just as every other part of Nigeria) belongs to Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShaqFu: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
kad199:
abeg shut up. So according to you, ilorin which is predominantly dominated by Yorubas, can't be claimed by the Yorubas.

Beside, who gives a rats penis_ if igbos are hot headed. They should use their hot headedness and first deal with IPoB and UGM.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Spy360:

What you said here is not really true and applies to ignorant landlords.

I am a landlord and I know.

The tenancy laws actually favour th landlord as long as he does not cross his line.

Whenever I want to quit a tenant, I issue him quit notice 6months to the expiration of his current rent. If he has already exceeded that time frame, I simply lure him to pay then issue the notice. I have evicted a tenant who just paid one year rent. When he saw the notice and wanted to push it to court, I laughed. His lawyer adviced him to beg me for refund. I did after deducting the like four months he stayed before packing out.

You can't go to court with your landlord and win. One day you will pack out and he will collect any unpaid rent during the duration of the court case.

The only thing landlords should avoid is forceful eviction.

Come to Lagos , u will undertand . Magistrates dey get case wey dey choke ; before u even get u date to hear the case in court it might take a month or two .

U won’t understand these things until u see it happen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Come to Lagos , u will undertand . Magistrates dey get case wey dey choke ; before u even get u date to hear the case in court it might take a month or two .

U won’t understand these things until u see it happen.
Well may be things are different in Lagos, but I usually clear my cases in one or two sittings. Also, in almost all cases, the tenant's lawyer after seeing my quit notice advices their clients to start looking for house before the notice expires.

This is something I have done countless times.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
This is very true.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) ... (4870) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.