Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1437073 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) ... (4630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Donjazet2:
Why did mukina2 stop engaging in conversations? She used to be a fervent contributor on this board, why did she decide to go into incognito mode?

Mukina2 where are thou?
Why are you mentioning Muki.na2, what is your motive guy?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Amoto94:

What the man meant to say was that those who attacked others are political rascals he didn't word it well it was a slip not that he wanted to insult. Please calm down

He must have told you this privately and didn't deem it fit to tell anyone else.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.... honestly I have seen it for long, just don't wanna bring it here.

Hmnnn.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Eazzii:
Putin moves some nukes to Belarus.
What's good for ogbono is good for uganda.
Iraq and North Korea have shown the world that if you want sovereign protection you must have nukes and ability to launch them. If you dont have nukes, you can become Ukraine, Iraq, syria, etc.....Either you have nukes or risk getting invaded. If Ukraine had nukes Russia wouldn't have done all these nonsense. Putin needs to stop making empty and dry threats.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
hismajestii:
Speedy Darlington has low key turned to one of the top comedians in the country. His profile has been steadily rising.
You find him funny?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
hismajestii:
Speedy Darlington has low key turned to one of the top comedians in the country. His profile has been steadily rising.
it's good for one to be unique..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
Melvyn11:

Iraq and North Korea have shown the world that if you want sovereign protection you must have nukes and ability to launch them. If you dont have nukes, you can become Ukraine, Iraq, syria, etc.....Either you have nukes or risk getting invaded. If Ukraine had nukes Russia wouldn't have done all these nonsense. Putin needs to stop making empty and dry threats.
Russia would have not let NATO puppets in their backyard access to nukes..

If they had wanted to have nukes years ago, they would have been invaded same years ago .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Melvyn11:

If Gadaffi had nukes, Boko Haram/ISWAP will have been dead long ago.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hismajestii: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Melvyn11:

You find him funny?

Yeah I do. His sound clips have become very famous.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
Just doing the Lord's work and spreading the goodnews... 🤭

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Griffon(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
hismajestii:

You don’t just underestimate the power of weed. Man works without scripts, has no DOP, no director, no costume designer or even a budget for locations.

Just a puff or two in a hotel he lodged with a chick, and his inner Da Vinci gets unleashed 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
A001:
Data/Information Encryption - A cue from Ìlu Gángan (Yoruba Talking Drum)

Encryption is the process of encoding messages or information in such a way that only authorised parties can access it. Without encryption, online banking, online shopping, secure communication on the Internet etc would be impossible.

The mathematics behind even the simplest encryption algorithm is mind boggling!
But guess what? Before Cipher, telegraph and Morse code came into being the Yoruba ancestors were already transmitting encrypted messages for millennia!

The Gángan (talking drum) is well known in Yorubaland. These days most people only think of it as a mere percussion - musical instrument but beside its entertainment function, it is one of the most potent cryptographic devices ever invented in Yorubaland. It is capable of transmitting encrypted messages or ciphers over a considerable distance!

In 1943, Irma Wassall, the poet opined -
“Across the Dark Continent sound the never-silent drums: the base of all music, the focus of every dance; the talking drums, the wireless of the unmapped jungle”.

The following examples are adapted from the book - "The Information" by James Gleick

To send the encrypted message:
“Padà wá s’ilè” (“Come back home”), you would use Gangan to compose something similar to the following acoustic rhythm:

“Jẹ̀ ki ẹsẹ̀ rẹ padà gẹ́gẹ́ bi wọ́n ti lọ,
Mo ni ko jẹ ki ẹsẹ̀ rẹ padà gẹ̀gẹ̀ bi wọ́n ti lọ,
A ni o pa ẹsẹ̀ rẹ papọ̀ ni abúlé wa.”

i.e
“Make your feet come back the way they went,
make your legs come back the way they went,
plant your feet and your legs below, in the village which belongs to us.”

To say Òkú (corpse), you would compose the following:
“Nkan ti o fi ẹ̀hìn re lélẹ̀ l’ori ilẹ̀”

i.e
“That which lies on its back on clods of earth.”

To say “Má bèrù” (don’t be afraid) you would beat the drum to say:

“À ní o mu ọkàn rẹ jade lati ẹnu rẹ, mo ni ọkàn rẹ láti ẹnu rẹ, ki o si muu padà lati ibẹ̀”

i.e
“Bring your heart back down out of your mouth, your heart out of your mouth, get it back down from there”

No exposition of this nature is complete without supporting it with at least one Ifa verse. In Edi-Ogunda, the drum is personified as an obedient and a favourite of the Alaafin.

Dindinguda Dindinguda
A d’Ifa fun enlọjọ ìlù
Ti wọn n ṣawo lo s’ode Ọ̀yọ́
Dundun nikan lo n bẹ lẹyin to n ṣẹbọ
Dundun wa ni mo yin Dindinguda Dindinguda
Dundun pẹ̀lẹ́ o, Ayọ̀ Oba

Translation….
Dindinguda Dindinguda (the Ifa priest )
Divined for drum ensembles
That were going for performance in Ọ̀yọ́ town
Only Dundun remained behind to make a sacrifice
Dundun said that I praised my Ifa Priest Dindinguda Dindinguda
Dundun well done, the favorite of (Ọ̀yọ́) King.

— Olobe Yoyon via FB
While I understand everything written here, I do not understand the bolded as the bolded does not indicate the exact distance.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Dem never sworn in Alex Otti, yet he is being cooked as fake Abian. These are people forcing GRV on Lagos o.

https://twitter.com/Gen_Buhar/status/1639938398453477377?t=uSyYZfhX83GqvKM6aY9Wbg&s=19

Only certain states deserve meritocracy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:

grin grin grin

..... Tinubu that attended CSU is a Female? Lord! What are they feeding these people in their camp?

Yet the school when verifying his certificate used HE amd HIM to address this female Tinubu

The pictures in the year book was also female
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Yet the school when verifying his certificate used HE amd HIM to address this female Tinubu

The pictures in the year book was also female

grin

Kàyéfì ń lá. Ọ̀rọ̀ wọn gbenutan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

While I understand everything written here, I do not understand the bolded as the bolded does not indicate the exact distance.
The distance the information gets to would depend on how far the sound (waves) generated by the talking drum can travel. That varies from one talking drum to the other.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
A001:

The distance the information gets to would depend on how far the sound (waves) generated by the talking drum can travel. That varies from one talking drum to the other.
Alright.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Only certain states deserve meritocracy

grin

Mi o ni sọ ń kánkán.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:
grin

When we said they are structureless, they took it as an Insult..... can any God believing Obident explains what really happened?

Andrews Liver Salt?

Ortom wey dey shout Obi

See as dem finish am for Benue

https://www.nairaland.com/7628479/apc-wins-majority-seats-benue

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
raumdeuter:

Ortom wey dey shout Obi

See as dem finish am for Benue

https://www.nairaland.com/7628479/apc-wins-majority-seats-benue

grin

Father Alia on the Beatz....... Jagaban of Benue.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Dem never sworn in Alex Otti, yet he is being cooked as fake Abian. These are people forcing GRV on Lagos o.

https://twitter.com/Gen_Buhar/status/1639938398453477377?t=uSyYZfhX83GqvKM6aY9Wbg&s=19

Obainojazz will not tag me on this. Hypocrite. 😄
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
airmark:

Obainojazz will not tag me on this. Hypocrite. 😄
The three people y’all called out won election but we should focus on one person’s rubbish…. Ebonyi guy in Enugu won, The Abia guy won…. Even the Abiola guy won….

Agenda ❌ Try again

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Abeg Oasix give me more Soludo news to sweet my belle… That’s the only politics I wan see cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
grin

.... who are the Hypocrites now?!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
obainojazz:
Abeg Oasix give me more Soludo news to sweet my belle… That’s the only politics I wan see cool

grin

..... in the next guber Election, Anambrans will masisvely vote him for 2nd term. He is just too good and ready for the job.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:

grin

..... in the next guber Election, Anambrans will masisvely vote him for 2nd term. He is just too good and ready for the job.
The guy does what he says…. I heard he’s building good drainages in the roads he’s constructing.

When he develops Anambra… hopefully Airmark will relocate from Canada 😵‍💫

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Well first of all, the woman on the call wasn't in anyway criticizing otti or saying he's not supposed to be Governor in anyway. She's clarifying why people say otti is not ngwa enough, (not saying, not abia enough). And yes it is bad that this was even an issue, PDP employed the tactics of zonal regionalism in the east this period. Both in abia and Enugu. The only ace they had up their sleeves was to divide people along zonal lines even within the state.

In Enugu they pushed tge narrative that power must leave nsukka and go to nkanu, then did the same in abia. And I personally find that politics of division revolting.

Now that is out of the way, Oasis let me ask you this, let's assume indeed that this woman was indeed trying to paint Alex otti as not abia enough, do you think that is right? Do you think it's a good thing? Do you think her words and motives are justifiable in anyway? Should she be condemned or appraised?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
obainojazz:
The guy does what he says…. I heard he’s building good drainages in the roads he’s constructing.

When he develops Anambra… hopefully Airmark will relocate from Canada 😵‍💫

grin

He is laying solid foundations, masterplan for new Anambra State. I pray whoever succeeds doesn’t derail as Ambode did. I also pray APGA remain in power in Anambra. They are doing well for the State to be honest.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Donjazet2:

Well first of all, the woman on the call wasn't in anyway criticizing otti or saying he's not supposed to be Governor in anyway. She's clarifying why people say otti is not ngwa enough, (not saying, not abia enough). And yes it is bad that this was even an issue, PDP employed the tactics of zonal regionalism in the east this period. Both in abia and Enugu. The only ace they had up their sleeves was to divide people along zonal lines even within the state.

In Enugu they pushed tge narrative that power must leave nsukka and go to nkanu, then did the same in abia. And I personally find that politics of division revolting.

Now that is out of the way, Oasis let me ask you this, let's assume indeed that this woman was indeed trying to paint Alex otti as not abia enough, do you think that is right? Do you think it's a good thing? Do you think her words and motives are justifiable in anyway? Should she be condemned or appraised?

grin

... of course its never right. Afterall he is an Igbo, pure Igbo from same State. Whether he is Ngwa enough is bullshit.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:

grin

He is laying solid foundations, masterplan for new Anambra State. I pray whoever succeeds doesn’t derail as Ambode did. I also pray APGA remain in power in Anambra. They are doing well for the State to be honest.
Benefits of Anambra being APGA is they don’t contribute to those massive election spending and can work well with whichever party is at Federal level
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
OasisX:

... of course its never right. Afterall he is an Igbo, pure Igbo from same State. Whether he is Ngwa enough is bullshit.

So why is your camp trying to use this as a justification for the hateful rhetorics that has oozed around your campaigning?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Enemy of my enemy stuff is simply the reason the BATstards are supporting soludo. grin cheesy

Just look at someone who spent 10 years calling soludo a useless "boy-boy" and obasanjos stooge, now coming here to form appraisal the same soludo. grin cheesy no be juju be that? grin

All these because soludo is visibly against Obi.
Soludo should know he's a one term governor.

He's lost the will of the masses. Look at yesterdays function, spending billions of naira, just to comemorate one year in office. The kind of thing Obi won't do. Spurious wastage of state funds.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) ... (4630) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GloriousGbola and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.