Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1439368 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) ... (4631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
larride:
This is still failure of successive govt, is that not so?

Why should the masses pay for the incompetence of successive govt?

If your price is lower in Nigeria than in Benin Niger and Cameroun you will end up fueling all 3 countries. No amount of border patrol will stop them, rather they will join to chop the easy money. When move fuel across 5km and the price will triple, even you sef go do am

So FG should budget for subsidy to include the entire West African
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibime:

We pay N1.3k to N1.7k here.
It’s usually around AU$1.6 per litre here which when converted will just be above #500…. Using CBN rate though…as it’s higher with black market exchange rate.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
In the mean, Labour Party seems to be gearing up for a change of these fees.

Could it be we have a party that listens

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

This your 1.3k is it, 1 thousand, 3 hundred naira, abi na 10,300?

One thousand, three hundred
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thing is the prices of these forms were fixed even before Peter Obi came to the party, remember Peter Obi paid #45m for his nomination form under LP?

APC media influencers are making it sound like the prices were just fixed at 25m. I think the prices should be reduced though, so money isn't a barrier of entry like that. 10-15M is okay too, it's high enough to keep out unserious persons, and not too high that middle-class Nigerians can't take a shot at it. 25M isn't that much money in Nigeria of today.

LP should also explore alternative means to raise money, for a party that largely genuine and has their act together, I won't mind paying like 3K monthly subscription fee to them grin, and I'm sure there's several other persons that feel same way too.
liveLongNprospa:
In the mean, Labour Party seems to be gearing up for a change of these fees.

Could it be we have a party that listens

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
Theflint1:
Thing is the prices of these forms were fixed even before Peter Obi came to the party, remember Peter Obi paid #45m for his nomination form under LP?

APC media influencers are making it sound like the prices were just fixed at 25m. I think the prices should be reduced though, so money isn't a barrier of entry like that. 10-15M is okay too, it's high enough to keep out unserious persons, and not too high that middle-class Nigerians can't take a shot at it. 25M isn't that much money in Nigeria of today.

How much was the form for State HOA?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibime:

I'm not sure sha, but I doubt e go pass 1m...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:
Roland17, chic2pimp, airmark, please you guys should help me with this info;

How much money do candidates in America pay for elected offices, either federal or state level. I've been looking for the info but haven't found anything..

First of all, is nomination form bought? If so, how much?

Through election codes, each State, irrespective of the party, defines the payment for every aspired position, including the Presidency. In most instances, the price is set for 4 election cycles and reviewed afterwards by the State. Long story short, there is uniformity in cost for every party and more importantly, finances of political parties are closely monitored by the Federal Election Commission.

Aspirants must also gather a stipulated number of signatures (varies by State) before they can proceed. Below are examples for Maine and Texas. I no get power to begin find everybody own. You would have to look into each state's electoral code to find their respective cost.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
raumdeuter:

Africa or EPL all time

Africa

Moh Salah
Salah Mo
Mohamed Salah
Drogba
Mane

EPL
Henry
Shearer
Ronaldo
Salah
Vidic

No space for Dayo's Kanu.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
A001:

Africa.

Mane? No Kanu?

I hope Donj won't say DayoKanu is tribalistic. 😄😄😄😄
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2023
Roland17:

Through election codes, each State, irrespective of the party, defines the payment for every aspired position, including the Presidency. In most instances, the price is set for 4 election cycles and reviewed afterwards by the State. Long story short, there is uniformity in cost for every party and more importantly, finances of political parties are closely monitored by the Federal Election Commission.

Aspirants must also gather a stipulated number of signatures (varies by State) before they can proceed. Below are examples for Maine and Texas. I no get power to begin find everybody own. You would have to look into each state's electoral code to find their respective cost.

Okay thanks for this. I hope one day our democracy gets to this advanced level where the playing field is equal for all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibime:

300k for labor. About 800k or so for PDP.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

Okay thanks for this. I hope one day our democracy gets to this advanced level where the playing field is equal for all.

Strong institutions my brother, I will never get tired of saying it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
Leaders that don't lead by example will see to the moral decadence of the society. cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Abeg, no be Unilever be descendants of Royal Niger Company?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
A001, I never heard back from you on my pertinent questions.

As a champion of "African culture", what are the aspects of African culture you believe we should all imbibe and possibly export to the world?

On my part, I listed negative aspects of culture that must be left behind and abolished, misogynistic bearings of our culture, scarification and immolation of children.
Diabolical practices. Female mutilation of private parts etc etc.

Now I'm eager to hear the positive aspects of our culture which we should imbibe. Because personally for me, I'm more for, acculturation than retrogression.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick
The night agent is cool but only S1

The series reminded me of condor the female assassin actually
You suppose dan watch condor na

I don dey download am. I go manage the 10 episodes like that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:
Leaders that don't lead by example will see to the moral decadence of the society. cheesy

make d guy be careful make Dem efcc no use am boost thier CV..

Na who Dem catch na em be thief..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:
A001, I never heard back from you on my pertinent questions.

As a champion of "African culture", what are the aspects of African culture you believe we should all imbibe and possibly export to the world?

On my part, I listed negative aspects of culture that must be left behind and abolished, misogynistic bearings of our culture, scarification and immolation of children.
Diabolical practices. Female mutilation of private parts etc etc.

Now I'm eager to hear the positive aspects of our culture which we should imbibe. Because personally for me, I'm more for, acculturation than retrogression.
Not interested in this discussion. If you can't see the positive sides of over 1.4 billion people in a region, then you need serious psychiatric help.

Cultures are the software of the mind, and all cultures have their good and bad sides. The answers you seek are all around you.

Start from your culture at home, unless all your people in that side are savage and barbaric.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Secondly you never gave me your answer on Ugandan anti-gay law or your perspective on gay people.

I'm particularly curious about your view on this because there is a woman like you I follow on twitter, her name is uju-anya. Just like you, she champions the supremacy of African culture, the difference between you two being that while you are Yoruba-centric, she is more igbo-centric. Note that she is also an atheist.

Here comes the caveat, this woman despite being a very vocal champion of "African culture" is an open homosexual. A lesbian with a married Nigerian female partner. A phenomenon which is looked upon as largely "unafrican". But this doesn't stop her from championing the African cause which is why I'm curious as to your views, seeing as you're also irreligious but largely afrocentric.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
A001:

Not interested in this discussion. If you can't see the positive sides of over 1.4 billion people in a region, then you need serious psychiatric help.

Cultures are the software of the mind, and all cultures have their good and bad sides. The answers you seek are all around you.

Start from your culture at home, unless all your people in that side are savage and barbaric.

cry cry
Come on man, you can do better than this. Not everything is quarrel, fight and abuses. Surely we can communicate maturely, man to man. It's not like we have an outstanding beef or something. We both championed the cause for a new Nigeria, so what's all these with your insults once you're engaged?

You can see I called you out because I want to hear what you have to say. Please let's be civil.

I appeal to you to see me as someone who is very very ignorant about African culture, maybe if you see me as so, it will help in making you educate me rather than insult me.

So I ask again, A001, can you point out the positive aspects of African culture which we must nuture and imbue within us and possibly export to the world?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Wahala no dey kukuma finish grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2023
This hit differently

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
Amoto94, maybe you could help here, but note, your view shouldn't be from your religion which is largely "unafrican" but from your culture.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
Another mass shooting in the US. 18 dead. Killed by a citizen with very easy access to guns. AS USUAL!
Every country with it's unique problems. I'm sure an estate in Lagos or Abuja is far more peaceful and fulfilling than one in the burbs of Chicago. The inner cities where an average of 2 die everyday f4om senseless shooting.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:
Secondly you never gave me your answer on Ugandan anti-gay law or your perspective on gay people.

I'm particularly curious about your view on this because there is a woman like you I follow on twitter, her name is uju-anya. Just like you, she champions the supremacy of African culture, the difference between you two being that while you are Yoruba-centric, she is more igbo-centric. Note that she is also an atheist.

Here comes the caveat, this woman despite being a very vocal champion of "African culture" is an open homosexual. A lesbian with a married Nigerian female partner. A phenomenon which is looked upon as largely "unafrican". But this doesn't stop her from championing the African cause which is why I'm curious as to your views, seeing as you're also irreligious but largely afrocentric.
I don't see anything wrong in homosexuality. It's not my business what a person chooses to do with their body.

We've more serious problems to deal with in Africa that focusing on trivial issues like homosexuality.

All these religious people in this part of the world making noise about it are hypocrites.

Cultures are dynamic, and African cultures need to evolve and get rid of their stone-age beliefs and backward ideologies.

These are the negative aspects one should be condemning in the local cultures, not condemning the whole cultures altogether.

When you say the cultures of over 1.4 billion people in a region are barbaric, backward, and savage, you're calling those people barbaric, backward, and savage.

No sense in that.

All cultures have their good and bad sides, including the more advanced cultures of the West.

I'm sure you read about the shooting incident that just happened in the US claiming lives.

We both know more will still happen this year (hopefully, the US leadership gets a solution to the regular shooting incidents soon).

These shootings are one of the various bad sides of the American culture. But you can't say the American culture is evil and barbaric just because of this.

Cultures, like people, have their good and bad sides.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

So I ask again, A001, can you point out the positive aspects of African culture which we must nuture and imbue within us and possibly export to the world?
I don't have the time for that. There are many good aspects of the African cultures and many bad aspects as well.

They're visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

To see the good sides of the African cultures, start from your immediate environment: the Ibo culture.

There are many kind and generous Ibo people. If you don't know this, I'm not the one to convince you.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
[quote author=Donjazet2 post=122109200]Amot.o94, maybe you could help here, but note, your view shouldn't be from your religion which is largely "unafrican" but from your culture. [/quotel]
My religion is my culture and I don't have time for back and forth.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
Some of the kindest people I know on this forum are Ibos, Ebiras, and Ijaws. So when you say African cultures are barbaric and savage because of the bad sides, you should know you're just making a noise and being unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
A001:
Some of the kindest people I know on this forum are Ibos, Ebiras, and Ijaws. So when you say African cultures are barbaric and savage because of the bad sides, you should know you're just making a noise and being unreasonable.

Why do you keep supposing that I'm saying EVERY thing about African culture is "barbaric and savage" despite my best efforts in clarifying that stance.

A001, I'm not saying that everything about African culture is barbaric. I'm saying some, if not most are outdated.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

Why do you keep supposing that I'm saying EVERY thing about African culture is "barbaric and savage" despite my best efforts in clarifying that stance.

A001, I'm not saying that everything about African culture is barbaric. I'm saying some, if not most are outdated.
That's what you've been saying here. Why are you suddenly lying?

You said the African cultures are barbaric, backward and savage and should be abolished, arguing that Africans should then adopt the English culture, the culture of their colonial masters.

Every right-thinking person knows there are many aspects of the African cultures that are barbaric and savage and need to be abolished.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) ... (4631) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), User09 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.