Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1540549 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (4783) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U get . Na their own culture be that and I respect it .

What I don’t like is our own people joining the western world to condemn delicacies of their fellow Blackman …. when it’s not like the western world invited us to world food conference where they decided on what meat is generally acceptable to be eaten and what should never be eaten no matter the circumstance .

This is not matter of culture

Not only will Oyinbo frown on it, sagacious Nigerians might mark her down as a loose cannon who doesn't know how to move properly nor curate her public image well These could be people in business, marketing, advertising etc. Simply put, she mess up

Secondly, the fact something is acceptable in your culture does not mean a popular personality should normalise it if enough section of the population are against it. That's like Sultan marrying a 15 year old. Not against his culture but it is not a part of culture that should be encouraged and publicised.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

My wife is the one barbing me sef
Any style she put for my head we go enjoy and suffer am together 😂😂

You are not alone. I started barbing my own hair during lockdown and have not gone back to barbers since.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Sweden ya 🙃🙃

https://www.nairaland.com/7714519/sweden-declares-sex-sports-host

God's own country

That place sweet, I no go lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
odizeey:

My thoughts exactly.

Na poverty of the black nation dey cause this long talk about eating dogs.

China don't care.

Jack Ma, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee know better than to eat dog in public.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ibime:

This is not matter of culture

Not only will Oyinbo frown on it, sagacious Nigerians might mark her down as a loose cannon who doesn't know how to move properly nor curate her public image well These could be people in business, marketing, advertising etc. Simply put, she mess up

Secondly, the fact something is acceptable in your culture does not mean a popular personality should normalise it if enough section of the population are against it. That's like Sultan marrying a 15 year old. Not against his culture but it is not a part of culture that should be encouraged and publicised.

U just spoilt everything with ur last paragraph . Prominent northerners Marry girls below 18 and nothing happens . Especially when there’s no generally acceptable age of consent in Nigeria . That’s a story for another day .

Which sagacious Nigerian businessman wants to mark her down that doesn’t have a funny culture himself ?

Any Nigerian marking her down for eating her local delicacy is nothing but a hypocrite .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
seankafor:
Make we use this one hold body 🙂

International gas price has crashed, nothing to do with FG
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U just spoilt everything with ur last paragraph . Prominent northerners Marry girls below 18 and nothing happens . Especially when there’s no generally acceptable age of consent in Nigeria . That’s a story for another day .

Which sagacious Nigerian businessman wants to mark her down that doesn’t have a funny culture himself ?

Any Nigerian marking her down for eating her local delicacy is nothing but a hypocrite .

You saw how Sanusi was defending upon defending marrying an 18 year old

Leave that matter, any Northern ruler that marries below 18 and does not keep it private gets ridiculed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ibime:

God's own country

That place sweet, I no go lie
Tested and trusted abi grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ibime:

You are not alone. I started barbing my own hair during lockdown and have not gone back to barbers since.
You are agba barber be that
My hand no straight to cut myself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
seankafor:
Make we use this one hold body 🙂

Bleep the guy i buy gas from. the guy still sold gas to me at 9k yesterday angry angry angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
BlueRayDick:

our guy Jarus has said before he may marry a second wife. i guarantee if he does it, people will drag him on SM.

the simple truth is some things are seen as local - what your lower/working classes do.

your religious upperclass muslim will wear tasteful hijab - your religious lower class one will go full eleha.

you sef if i hear see ou put dog meat for your blue plate on that food thread - i go look you with side eye.

Ibime:

You saw how Sanusi was defending upon defending marrying an 18 year old

Leave that matter, any Northern ruler that marries below 18 and does not keep it private gets ridiculed

if one hears taht nuhu ribadu has 10 pikins or that he is still having pikins at his age, we will be disappointed. already we say that it is poverty that makes people have plenty pikin because all tehy do is knack, and because they are not smart. so if you see a ribadu or a sanusi or an el-rufai with plenty of children, you will shake your head . i did
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

our guy Jarus has said before he may marry a second wife. i guarantee if he does it, people will drag him on SM.

the simple truth is some things are seen as local - what your lower/working classes do.

your religious upperclass muslim will wear tasteful hijab - your religious lower class one will go full eleha.

you sef if i hear see ou put dog meat for your blue plate on that food thread - i go look you with side eye.

if one hears taht nuhu ribadu has 10 pikins or that he is still having pikins at his age, we will be disappointed. already we say that it is poverty that makes people have plenty pikin because all tehy do is knack, and because they are not smart. so if you see a ribadu or a sanusi or an el-rufai with plenty of children, you will shake your head . i did

Most people that will drag Jarus if he marries a second wife are people who are non-Muslims , people who don’t believe in polygamy and maybe some feminists who don’t believe he should marry a second wife now that he’s a big man that can afford the Little luxuries of this world.

On the other hand u will have Islamic scholars who would praise him, polygamists, alpha males, red pillers , non conformists , liberals , etc will have a place for him at their table

At the end of the day , it all boils down to which group is the loudest .Since there’s no generally acceptable Standard of doing things that do not contravene the law.

Na morality issues be all these things , no be matter of law. Morality is abed on the mood and conviction of the people involved . No be say na law wey everybody know say if u cross the line na crime.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
Spy360:

Suffer nor dey tire you. Dey play. I look forward to your lamentations when the useless thing you support hits your big head like block.
Stale!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ibime:

International gas price has crashed, nothing to do with FG
isnt that the point of decentralization and deregulation?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Bleep the guy i buy gas from. the guy still sold gas to me at 9k yesterday angry angry angry
Dem don run you street
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Another sad but still an alternative regardless is to ask nnpc to pay for subsidy again for another 3 months to give FG time to prepare something.. Even though I know FG nor get the funds to do anything wey fit impact the common man like this.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

There was a time my colleague ask me if na carpenter barb my hair, e pain me I no fit tell [b]her [/b]it was my madam
When I got home I told her someone called her carpenter for the rubbish hair she barb e pain her too
That's 1-1 draw 😅😅😅

Next time she go take time do it well

mission accomplished. you wife has turned you fine boy to pako cheesy

many ways to sanctify a demon cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

You are agba barber be that
My hand no straight to cut myself

E no hard with 0.5 setting on blade na

Abi you still dey rock punk hairstyle and fade?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Segedinho:
This one loud o...

I no support this one o...

https://www.nairaland.com/7714873/electricity-workers-embark-nationwide-strike

this will aggravate the issue.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
Segedinho:
This one loud o...

Omo wahala dey oooo
Omo again FG should be begging citizens especially the unions.

Like proper constant communication
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

mission accomplished. you wife has turned you fine boy to pako cheesy

many ways to sanctify a demon cheesy cheesy
Lol…she was just making harmless observation
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ibime:

E no hard with 0.5 setting on blade na

Abi you still dey rock punk hairstyle and fade?
No but I no fit see back of my head na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Sweden ya 🙃🙃

https://www.nairaland.com/7714519/sweden-declares-sex-sports-host

Brah I don call my people for there.

Them say na lie.

Which is a big shame. Cos I don already organise where I for hang my olympic gold medal from Paris 2024.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Omo wahala dey oooo
Omo again FG should be begging citizens especially the unions.

Like proper constant communication
Better wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Segedinho:
This one loud o...

grin

No organisation is gonna strike...... none. Meeting was held with TUC today and its positive.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
BREAKING: FG, TUC break deadlock on fuel subsidy, to reconvene Tuesday

The Federal Government and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have made progress on the negotiations toward resolving dispute over the removal of fuel subsidy.

The Federal Government team and that of TUC led by its President, Comrade Festus Osifo met on Sunday in a meeting that started at about 4pm and ended around 7.30pm.

Addressing the State House Press Corps after the meeting, Mr. Dele Alake who is part of the government negotiation team said much progress has been made in the talks with the TUC leaders.

He revealed that a major demand from TUC is wage increase for workers to accommodate the burden of rising cost of living the subsidy removal will bring noting that the Federal Government is not averse to wage increase as President Bola Tinubu himself had hinted on that during his meeting with governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday.

The leadership of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), led by Joe Ajaero didn’t attend the Sunday meeting with government team that had Mr. Wale Edun, Olayemi Cardoso, Group Managing Director of NNPCL, Mele Kyari, Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, labour leader and former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole among others in attendance.

Mr. Alake said the meeting with TUC will resume on Tuesday after further consultations by both sides to firm up resolutions.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ganduje will not make heaven.

Hopefully the strikes next week do not happen.

But again FG should be inconsistent communication with its citizens
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Photos from the meeting between the FG delegation led by SGF, George Akume and TUC led by its president, Comrade Festus Osifo

Wale Edun, Olayemi Cardoso, Mele Kyari, Godwin Emefiele, Dele Alake and Adams Oshiomhole were part of the FG delegation that attended the meeting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (4783) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, RevFrEbuka(m), ouzo1(m), mikuz(m), Itsrm(m), a4turitoroman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.