Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1440394 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (4631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Interesting...

You have a favourite genre and/or author to read (in)?

I usually download from Today Novels or PDF Drive.
Pdfdrive no longer works for me. I switched to OceanofPdf after I found out.

And I don't play favorites. I just read books lmao.... Don't know if that makes sense.

As for genres, contemporary African fiction is my favorite.
I like other young adult novels too tho
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Unlimited22:

And I don't play favorites. I just read books lmao.... Don't know if that makes sense.

Ohh...thank you for sharing that. I'll definitely be visiting there there now 😁.

There are times that Today Novels doesn't make me download some books due to error and stuff.

I think PDF Drive is generally not working anymore? Because I tried to download some books now, and it wasn't going through at all.

Hm. I have a couple of favourite authors but yeah, I get reading anything widely. Some writers just have me more giddy than others.

I am not a fan of most African fiction/literature 🤐.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ebukacute:

Like seriously. Is it by force to accept your SPERMM ,STEM abi na TEM. grin grin
NP, NP. You don go price, now you don collect 21 paragraphs. grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
raumdeuter:

If this na joke stop am

Wilder that was sending pro boxers to hospital with 1 punch 7 die

Not even Bash Alli Bendel Insurance can match Wilder
Lol wilder and usyk are my current best heavyweight boxers, it's possible egbon after all ngannou has the hardest recorded punch since a device was brought for it to be calculated. I'm talking about pure striking power not hitting style for any other person confused.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
E no even get the courage to quote me. Lols. Some posts I make here are targeted at some people. Na person wey get malicious or evil intention go dey fear fear.

Some people are just funny and don't think deeply. If I make a post directed at an imported entity and an evil system, but you carry the matter wey no concern you for head like gala, even though I'm not here for you, na your palaver
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Unlimited22:

type "authors name" vk in google

should take you to vk dot com

eg

patricia cornwell vk

you will find epubs or pdfs direct downloads

you can also try anna's archive

z-library also works but this is the working link for now

you need to register. limit is 10 downloads per day for free users. of course you can use multiple alts if you are on a download binge

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
akwesenana:

the paragraph is mightier than the sword

death by a 1000 caps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Godx:

The first step is to destroy this yahoo yahoo mentality we have adapted. Everybody now sees it as something legitimate that parents even buy their children phones to hustle with.
As long as we still remain a third world country with high levels of poverty vices like these would continue to thrive boss. Yahoo was a coded stuff back then for only people who had good knowledge of using PCs, emails or those who were brought into it by those deep in it earlier before it started becoming rampant and popular few years back. Other hidden stuff too can still come to light as long as our things don't improve. What I just want is to leave the lives of innocent people enough for their foolish plus nonsense if they want to do their hustle.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Incognito9:

Soon it will reflect 😁

It's gradually reflecting like you said bro.
https://www.nairaland.com/7891505/naira-gains-against-dollar-trades

Hopefully it enters 1000 soon before it goes back. Men now we are praying for dollar to exchange at 1000. Something that was around 650 some months ago before. There was a country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Incognito9:

Soon it will reflect 😁

Confam

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

type "authors name" vk in google

should take you to vk dot com

eg

patricia cornwell vk

you will find epubs or pdfs direct downloads

you can also try anna's archive

z-library also works but this is the working link for now

you need to register. limit is 10 downloads per day for free users. of course you can use multiple alts if you are on a download binge

Thank you very much boss man
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Ohh...thank you for sharing that. I'll definitely be visiting there there now 😁.

There are times that Today Novels doesn't make me download some books due to error and stuff.

I think PDF Drive is generally not working anymore? Because I tried to download some books now, and it wasn't going through at all.

Hm. I have a couple of favourite authors but yeah, I get reading anything widely. Some writers just have me more giddy than others.

I am not a fan of most African fiction/literature 🤐.

LMAO you're reminding me of the mid to late 2000s and early 2010s when 'I don't listen to Nigerian music' was a flex.

Why, though?

And you look like you'll love Colleen Hoover 😉
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ibime:

Confam
Sharp. grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
You make a post (picture) like this and Yahweh's worshippers start fighting you. Where's the lie in the photo's content?

Posts like this are meant to inculcate a culture of critical thinking, philosophy, and science in the people. That's the simple aim. People should learn to question all kinds of knowledge and doctrines.

If you're told to critically examine your beliefs and religious texts, that's healthy criticism, and no one is forcing you or threatening you with hell fire, end time, or one god or the other to adopt critical thinking, philosophy, and science.

However, if you start fighting freethinkers who say this to you, did you expect them not to defend themselves?

A freethinker is a godless person that tackles issues themselves using the brain and science, not like a religious person that relies on his god most times.

In normal situations, the civil approach is the best, especially using the socratic method.

A freethinker would always do his best to avoid the abnormal situations involving the fanatics and terrorists fighting for their god, especially offline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Ngannou holds the current record for the hardest punch in the world and he's also stronger than wilder. Knockout blows were what were mostly helping ngannou in UFC.
I don't know how that was determined, but punching during a real fight where opportunities are rare and punching during an exercise are two different things.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
A001:

Lols, shebi na person wey be tout like you wey you see around you go try such with.

If any person wey dey fight for him god comes across someone like me and tries any nonsense, even your dibia no go fit save you from the repercussions of your stupidity.

E be like say may you meet an agnostic around and attack am, and when his group (who Yorubas call egbe) pay you a visit later and you start running helter skelter to go meet your dibia for help.

The dibia wey go help you, him own deities na from the same group of agnostics. So you'll see how foolish and naive you're.

FYI, every human has their group or egbe as no one (nothing at all) exists in isolation.

Na dolts go see a loner and think he's alone.

A person's group exists in their inner worlds lying within the brain.

If you be mumu for this realm, na mumu and dolts like you go full your group on the other side. That's a weak and vulnerable group.

Also, if you're a thinker and scientist, it's the same kind of group your soul will belong to or seek on the other side.

The other side is the real world and this realm is just a projection or simulation of that side. The physics underlying this is entanglement (quantum entanglement generalized to more dimensions), superposition, symmetry, and coherence of waves.

There are functions and equations underlying all these.

Human groups (group of human souls) are entanglements.

The math has to do with isomorphism and automorphism. People well versed in advanced algebra, group theory and ring theory will understand how isomorphism and automorphism can be used to model a system so that it has two parts: inner and outer segments.

No need to explain isomorphism and automorphism here, which are mappings.

When applied to model the universes in existence, there are two major divisions of universes: inner universes and outer universes.

The inner universes are unphysical realms lying within the brain, while the outer universes are physical realms which are gravity-based worlds.

All this will surely seem like nonsense to you and your ilk. Most of you are just like children.

If you see my posts here talking about a god of religion, if I know mention your name, I no expect you to dey wail unnecessarily in defence of the god.

In online discussions, my MO is to support all my claims with facts and data. So, if you want to challenge anything I say, make sure you know the subject deeply so you don't start attacking my person unnecessarily.

I always love intelligent people to question and challenge my posts as such individuals allow me to see a different perspective on issues and add to my knowledge on the subject being discussed.

But there are not many intelligent people here.
Shut up oga. We don't need your teaching.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
akwesenana:
Na him wey write am go suffer am because I don't read his nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

It's gradually reflecting like you said bro.
https://www.nairaland.com/7891505/naira-gains-against-dollar-trades

Hopefully it enters 1000 soon before it goes back. Men now we are praying for dollar to exchange at 1000. Something that was around 650 some months ago before. There was a country.

Once there's confirmation that the FG has started receiving the $7B, it'll touch 900 within a few hours.
Apparently, the current drop is due to the accelerated timeline.
The ThisDay article insider said Standard Chartered and co will start releasing funds next week.

I doubt that. It takes a while for the kinks in these type of unconventional deals to be ironed out.
Earlier in August, the NNPC hurriedly revealed they'd closed a $3B loan with AFRIEXIM. Rates fell overnight.
Later we learned that AFRIEXIM had not found co-partners to back the loan. They are yet to find takers as of today.
And that's why rates shot back up from 810 to 1310.

So if the $7B doesn't come soon, 1600 is a lock.

-Lord

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

I don't know how that was determined, but punching during a real fight where opportunities are rare and punching during an exercise are two different things.
Of course it's different. This was ngannou setting the record at the UFC grounds.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LC_t7h1JTls&si=pEDZkY2Ua9-_nCUx

I'm not fully confident he had a harder strike than wilder since he's the hardest hitting boxer around afterall he dropped fury several times like an amateur and we know fury doesn't have a glass chin but I think there's a possibility especially when you take into account ngannou's strength and power. For those who follow UFC ngannou has dropped the best in the division like Cain Velasquez, stepe Miocic, Curtis blaydes, rosenstruik and some I can't recall and I tell you those guys are solid and durable. I was hoping he and Jon Jones would square off sooner before he left UFC as I was pretty confident he would knock Jones out who's the current alpha in the division.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordAdam16:

Once there's confirmation that the FG has started receiving the $7B, it'll touch 900 within a few hours.
Apparently, the current drop is due to the accelerated timeline.
The ThisDay article insider said Standard Chartered and co will start releasing funds next week.

I doubt that. It takes a while for the kinks in these type of unconventional deals to be ironed out.
Earlier in August, the NNPC hurriedly revealed they'd closed a $3B loan with AFRIEXIM. Rates fell overnight.
Later we learned that AFRIEXIM had not found co-partners to back the loan. They are yet to find takers as of today.
And that's why rates shot back up from 810 to 1310.

So if the $7B doesn't come soon, 1600 is a lock.

-Lord
Dollar at 1600 will just cripple most SMEs and startups struggling to breathe at the moment finally. Many are still speculating it would go up once the $7B arrives, but with this new $7B loan are you sure our national debt hasn't gone over $100B dollars already coupled with the various interests added to it that we're going to pay back? This is just crazy.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Unlimited22:
LMAO you're reminding me of the mid to late 2000s and early 2010s when 'I don't listen to Nigerian music' was a flex.

Why, though?

And you look like you'll love Colleen Hoover  😉

Lol... and that's why I don't go about broadcasting it or saying it to people condescendingly. I don't make it a 'personality trait', and I don't dunk on people who enjoy African literature or see their tastes as inferior to mine. I don't enjoy them; I don't talk about them. Simple.

It just feels to me like there's an essence they lack. I forced myself to get through No Longer At Ease. I did not read Things Fall Apart past a couple of pages. It seems to me like African books are always trying to project this heavy, cultural, philosophical mood and with complex grammar.

I just want a story, yo. Some of them tell, instead of show. I don't see any character's arc/journey in them, and they tend to lack a definite goal. They don't reel me in enough to suspend my disbelief. The characters, the themes, the setting and the plot all function independently of each other. Except for simile/metaphor, personification, exaggeration and other imagery techniques like that, they don't use other literary devices like foreshadowing and cliffhangers. Like I don't feel a sense of danger and investment in the story because of high stakes. I am not always asking myself, 'will he die? Will she make it? Who's the villain?' I don't see any plot twists in them, and at the end of the story, I don't see plot questions and threads successfully answered and tied up.

Are you getting the picture? See. I could go on. Don't even get me started on dialogue.

I know Colleen Hoover, but I've never read any of her books.

I think I just recently downloaded one of it - it's on my phone's library. I should check later. What are her books like, and why do you say I look like I'll love her, hehe?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Unlimited22:

Thank you very much boss man

Also basic ebooks (novels) don't take up space. Comics or manuals with illustrations do. But not your regular ebooks. So you can consider backing up your ebooks to Google drive or Microsoft one drive. Google drive gives 15gb free. Then tiered storage based on subscription. N350 or so per month gave 100gb. N700 or so 200gb. A 300kb ebook will not consume that much data while being uploaded. Or you could just get an SD card of 64 to 128 gb and leave it connected to your system

If your phone is a Samsung please use it's backup feature. It can literally back up anything on your phone to Samsung cloud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ibime:

Confam
what's the name of this app?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
I need dollars to come down more for selfish reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
stop stressing yourself I use libgen to download books , ever since zlib and pdfdrive stop to work.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
[quote author=GloriousGbola post=126645259][/quote]

I know

Just wanted to know wether she Don get new info
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Also basic ebooks (novels) don't take up space. Comics or manuals with illustrations do. But not your regular ebooks. So you can consider backing up your ebooks to Google drive or Microsoft one drive. Google drive gives 15gb free. Then tiered storage based on subscription. N350 or so per month gave 100gb. N700 or so 200gb. A 300kb ebook will not consume that much data while being uploaded. Or you could just get an SD card of 64 to 128 gb and leave it connected to your system

If your phone is a Samsung please use it's backup feature. It can literally back up anything on your phone to Samsung cloud
Would I find Festus Iyayi's VIOLENCE there? By God that and LAST DUTY by Isidore Okpewho were one of the best nigeran novels I ever read
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
KingTom:

Would I find Festus Iyayi's VIOLENCE there? By God that and LAST DUTY by Isidore Okpewho were one of the best nigeran novels I ever read

You will probably find it in z-library. Though I can't guarantee. You can also try scribd.

Our media no too dey move.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You will probably find it in z-library. Though I can't guarantee. You can also try scribd.

Our media no too dey move.
Thank you very much. I've tried my best to find physical copies of Bamaiyi's "VINDICATION OF A GENERAL" and Diya's "DESTINY ANCHORED ON FAITH". Hopefully I'll find it there, Diya don die maybe I for personally asked him for a copy smh grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2023
KingTom:

Last Duty. Legendary. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by LordAdam16: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Dollar at 1600 will just cripple most SMEs and startups struggling to breathe at the moment finally. Many are still speculating it would go up once the $7B arrives, but with this new $7B loan are you sure our national debt hasn't gone over $100B dollars already coupled with the various interests added to it that we're going to pay back?

The exact details of the CBN's liabilities are murky.
In JP Morgan's report, total liabilities exceeded $14B.
But that was in reference to EOY 22 numbers.

The true state of our finances is not readily available.
So most analysts go off guesstimates.

The number that's floating around is $10B. Which might be a deliberate understatement. But let's work with that.
The plan is roll over some of it into 24 to 36 months instruments thus giving us more time to come up with the funds.
While they use the $7B to clear the most urgent book liabilities and fund several weeks of direct sales in the NAFEM window.

The open-ended question is how long the stability lasts?
I don't think the administration cares anymore.
If they can secure the $7B and hopefully the $3B AFRIEXIM loan as well.
We'd almost certainly get at least a good quarter of stability out of the intervention which right now sounds like a huge win to them.

The national debt. Interest payments. Revenue shortfall. All of those are problems they'd pawn off to the next administration.
Nothing screams desperation like securitizing $2B p.a. revenue for a $7B loan from a consortium led by a commercial bank in the current high interest rate environment.
I'll like to see the terms they get. Standard Chartered will bend them over a barrel.

But they wouldn't mind. All the top honchos at NLNG, NNPCL, Minister of Finance, and CBN are salivating at what they'd gain from the deal.
The funds will be used up. Then they'd start cooking another billion-dollar deal by this time next year.
In fact, it is in their best interest that this inflow does not solve the FX crisis permanently.

Currently, this country is a hood rat n*ggas are running a train on.
Stop worrying about the aftereffects.
If the jamboree will not favor you and your family, japa!

-Lord

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2023
akwesenana:
Last Duty. Legendary. cry

I just Googled the last duty because I was not sure. Once I saw the cover I remembered.

That story where one rich old man who could not get it up got one poor dude set up and arrested so he could knack the guys wife. He still could not get it up and somehow his physically challenged assistant /apprentice /house boy ended up knacking the wife.

Then the old man and the assistant get into a fight over the woman and basically kill each other. It is as this point her husband is freed from jail to come and pick up the pieces. All this during an ongoing war.

I remeber the sons name is oghenovo. The husband's name was mukoro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3586) (3587) (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) ... (4631) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, Spy360(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.