Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1444016 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) (3593) (3594) ... (4632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na it him and the person wey dey give am 1 like; 1 share get sense for this whole thread ..... Every other person their brain empty grin

So you mean say na only me and am get sense for this thread grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
E be things for this thread o.

Laati osan abi irole de ni. 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
Taguchi:

Yes Na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
A001:

Everything a person achieves in life rests (depends) on their head (their IQ, level of intelligence).

Although important, but I disagree that achievement in any field of endeavour depends entirely on "IQ"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Yes Na

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

z library came through

you will only find last duty in annas archive though

have fun

drop your email and i will shoot the downloaded last duty to you

it wont upload
Much obliged bro 🤝
junioreden6@gmail.com
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordAdam16:

The exact details of the CBN's liabilities are murky.
In JP Morgan's report, total liabilities exceeded $14B.
But that was in reference to EOY 22 numbers.

The true state of our finances is not readily available.
So most analysts go off guesstimates.

The number that's floating around is $10B. Which might be a deliberate understatement. But let's work with that.
The plan is roll over some of it into 24 to 36 months instruments thus giving us more time to come up with the funds.
While they use the $7B to clear the most urgent book liabilities and fund several weeks of direct sales in the NAFEM window.

The open-ended question is how long the stability lasts?
I don't think the administration cares anymore.
If they can secure the $7B and hopefully the $3B AFRIEXIM loan as well.
We'd almost certainly get at least a good quarter of stability out of the intervention which right now sounds like a huge win to them.

The national debt. Interest payments. Revenue shortfall. All of those are problems they'd pawn off to the next administration.
Nothing screams desperation like securitizing $2B p.a. revenue for a $7B loan from a consortium led by a commercial bank in the current high interest rate environment.
I'll like to see the terms they get. Standard Chartered will bend them over a barrel.

But they wouldn't mind. All the top honchos at NLNG, NNPCL, Minister of Finance, and CBN are salivating at what they'd gain from the deal.
The funds will be used up. Then they'd start cooking another billion-dollar deal by this time next year.
In fact, it is in their best interest that this inflow does not solve the FX crisis permanently.

Currently, this country is a hood rat n*ggas are running a train on.
Stop worrying about the aftereffects.
If the jamboree will not favor you and your family, japa!

-Lord
Hmmmm. Honestly the rising debt profile scares me cause as a Nigerian I've been groomed to believe most of it I mean the intervention loan would of course be looted as you've subtly put boss. Japa is on my mind several times but one would still wish for the progress of his country once he leaves the shores of the country. Hopefully we get that economic stability like you said no matter how minute cause one can't obviously trust the government which is expected. At least for the currency to exchange under a 1000 naira before what wants to happen goes on again. Thanks for this informative piece boss.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Taguchi:

Wetin be this grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

z library came through

you will only find last duty in annas archive though

have fun

drop your email and i will shoot the downloaded last duty to you

it wont upload

Z library is the truth

Have downloaded more than a thousand books from there.. they always have what I'm looking for

The site usually gets blocked often but they always find a way around it

Them dey always send me their new link as per consistent donor wink ☺️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2023
KingTom:

Wetin be this grin

When gensteejay go finally win Nobel prize all ye haters won't be invited to Stockholm except me
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
Taguchi:

Z library is the truth

Have downloaded more than a thousand books from there.. they always have what I'm looking for

The site usually gets blocked often but they always find a way around it

Them dey always send me their new link as per consistent donor wink ☺️

So you enjoy reading books online? If it's not paper for me then forget it. How do you even concentrate?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Taguchi:

Although important, but I disagree that achievement in field of endeavour depends entirely on "IQ"
I didn't say entirely. I said "head", which means "ori" in Yoruba or what the Igbos call "chi".

There's a reason I used "head" and put "IQ" and "intelligence" in brackets.

Even what people call "luck" also relies on one's head, and often, intelligence plays a key role. A person's world exists in their brain (in their head) as pictures.

If you're the religious type, you may not agree with me that everything depends on one's head.

You may think it depends on one god or the other. But many people around the world live a godless life and achieve great things in life.

If a person isn't from a wealthy home or have their parents in high places, it's their head (IQ, intelligence) that can help them achieve greatness in life.

But if they're from a privileged background, then their parents would have done all the hard work and heavy lifting for them. Still, whatever such a person achieves in their own life also rests on their head because their world exists in their brain.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

So you enjoy reading books online? If it's not paper for me then forget it. How do you even concentrate?

It wasn't easy at first but I think reading with a PC as opposed to a phone is better, easier to read and offers less distraction

And after ordering a couple of "original hard cover" for hundred of dollars, I learnt to concentrate by force

Now I just donate a small portion of that to z library and I get a lifetime supply of resources 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
A001:

I didn't say entirely. I said "head", which means "ori" in Yoruba or what the Igbos call "chi".

There's a reason I used "head" and put "IQ" and "intelligence" in brackets.

Even what people call "luck" also relies on one's head, and often, intelligence plays a key role. A person's world exists in their brain (in their head) as pictures.

If you're the religious type, you may not agree with me that everything depends on one's head.

You may think it depends on one god or the other. But many people around the world live a godless life and achieve great things in life.

If a person isn't from a wealthy home or have their parents in high places, it's their head (IQ, intelligence) that can help them achieve greatness in life.

But if they're from a privileged background, then their parents would have done all the hard work and heavy lifting for them. Still, whatever such a person achieves in their own life also rests on their head because their world exists in their brain.

Ok I get you now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
People do science for many other reasons apart from winning a Nobel prize, and winning such isn't even a primary aim for many scientists.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by rooftops: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

type "authors name" vk in google

should take you to vk dot com

eg

patricia cornwell vk

you will find epubs or pdfs direct downloads

you can also try anna's archive

z-library also works but this is the working link for now

you need to register. limit is 10 downloads per day for free users. of course you can use multiple alts if you are on a download binge

just checked, most of their books are on premium package. How do one download for free?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Taguchi:

It's not easy at first but I think reading with a PC as opposed to a phone is better, easier to read and offers less distraction

And after ordering a couple of "original hard cover" for hundred of dollars, I learnt to concentrate by force

Now I just donate a small portion of that to z library and I get a lifetime supply of resources 😁

I hope say you no go need glasses after looking at PC all day, at least try put red filter before the blue light damage your eyes

I don't have time to read anymore,I only listen to audiobooks while driving or going to bed. If a book has not been turned into audio, forget it. The only time I read books now is on beach holiday while lying in the sun
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ibime:

I hope say you no go need glasses after looking at PC all day, at least try put red filter before the blue light damage your eyes

I don't have time to read anymore,I only listen to audiobooks while driving or going to bed. If a book has not been turned into audio, forget it. The only time I read books now is on beach holiday while lying in the sun

I no get issues for eyes ..I have strong 👀 grin

Last month I bought a couple of very dark shades from Primark I no dey read with naked eyes again

Have tried going the audio books route but e no dey gree enter I love having a mental image of whatever information am assimilating but it's near impossible for me with sounds. maybe with a lot of practice I will become used to it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
Cultist don kill themselves again for UNIBEN https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy6nnb2NRyl/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Probably Shettima. That guy no look like person wey go gentle when such an opportunity comes along. Plus i don't think the North will be happy for another Southerner to get the top job and stay for another 8 years making it 12 years of Southern rule.

With Wike, the north would not believe that he will agree to serve for only four years. So, if push comes to shove, the northern caucus of the APC may settle for someone like Fashola, who is one of Tinubu's staunchest disciples, and who is not as garrulous as Wike, to serve one term before handing over to Shettima in 2031.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PrinceEma: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Cultist don kill themselves again for UNIBEN https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy6nnb2NRyl/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
SMH. They don't want to listen.

To think that till today, there are matured men still glorifying cultism. Even the ones that luckily finished their education in one piece are still online cheering the youngings

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
BREAKING: Thousands of Israeli soldiers have entered Gaza

is it show time? was getting bored
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by grandstar(m): 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
LordAdam16:

The exact details of the CBN's liabilities are murky.
In JP Morgan's report, total liabilities exceeded $14B.
But that was in reference to EOY 22 numbers.

The true state of our finances is not readily available.
So most analysts go off guesstimates.

The number that's floating around is $10B. Which might be a deliberate understatement. But let's work with that.
The plan is roll over some of it into 24 to 36 months instruments thus giving us more time to come up with the funds.
While they use the $7B to clear the most urgent book liabilities and fund several weeks of direct sales in the NAFEM window.

The open-ended question is how long the stability lasts?
I don't think the administration cares anymore.
If they can secure the $7B and hopefully the $3B AFRIEXIM loan as well.
We'd almost certainly get at least a good quarter of stability out of the intervention which right now sounds like a huge win to them.

The national debt. Interest payments. Revenue shortfall. All of those are problems they'd pawn off to the next administration.
Nothing screams desperation like securitizing $2B p.a. revenue for a $7B loan from a consortium led by a commercial bank in the current high interest rate environment.
I'll like to see the terms they get. Standard Chartered will bend them over a barrel.

But they wouldn't mind. All the top honchos at NLNG, NNPCL, Minister of Finance, and CBN are salivating at what they'd gain from the deal.
The funds will be used up. Then they'd start cooking another billion-dollar deal by this time next year.
In fact, it is in their best interest that this inflow does not solve the FX crisis permanently.

Currently, this country is a hood rat n*ggas are running a train on.
Stop worrying about the aftereffects.
If the jamboree will not favor you and your family, japa!

-Lord

You aren't being fair to the government. It is as though you suspect that one reason for the overpriced deal was for officials to line their pockets. I doubt that is the case.

Where else can the federal government raise that kind of money? If truth be said, it even needs far more.

The alternative is that it meets the IMF for help. The IMF can easily provide $20bn as a balance of payment support. I suspect the government wants to but it knows that the institution would demand some painful reforms it isn't ready to submit to, such as slimming down the bloated civil service, deregulate the price of petrol, perhaps increase taxes and so on. Tinubu probably supports those policies but would only apply them in a second term. Getting a commercial loan at high interest is the least bad option.

I am beginning to worry about the competence of the finance minister and the central bank governor or is the president standing in their way?

I see all that borrowed money disappearing and getting back to square one very fast. As long as interest rates remain negative and inflation high, the demand for forex will be insatiable as confidence in the Naira won't exist.

I suspect the president wants the dollars to flow in first before attacking inflation. With an inflow of dollars, the Naira will strengthen and a stronger Naira will reduce inflation. Yes, the absence of dollars is fuelling inflation through persistent depreciation but negative interest rates is a big contributor as well.

Government should start fighting inflation aggressively now and restore some level of confidence in the Naira before the funds come in. It would also cool the excessive demand for dollars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
On Friday night, White House National Security spokesman John Kirby repeatedly refused to comment on the expanded activities, and said Washington would not draw “red lines” for Israel.
“We’re not drawing red lines for Israel,” Kirby said Friday on a call with reporters. “We’re going to continue to support them” but “since the very beginning we have, and will continue to have, conversations about the manner that they are doing this.

uh oh ,this doesn't sound good for Palestine at all
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
Just wondering how things could've played out if Trump was president,WW3 already by now perhaps...

I am pained for the innocent Gazans caught in the crossfire but I want hamas and islamic jihadist smoked

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by malcom1X: 12:45am On Oct 28, 2023
Please and please OGs in the house who knows this site...

Or is it an app? Who knows it?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:09am On Oct 28, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
BREAKING: Thousands of Israeli soldiers have entered Gaza

is it show time? was getting bored

Many won't come back alive. Street fighting in built up environment won't be easy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:14am On Oct 28, 2023
And this is how Scotland lost their independence drive

This is not what matters to Scottish voters. People are prejudiced, no matter what they say outwardly. A lot of Scots turned off Independence when their Independence party was handed over to a Humza Yousef instead of a McGregor or Bruce. On top of that, the man is too concerned with what's happening on the other side of the world which don't represent Scottish values.

You be leader of Scotland, your family is doing son of the soil in Palestine, when they have had numerous options not to be there. That shows what's important to your household, and it's not Scotland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 1:32am On Oct 28, 2023
Ibime:

Many won't come back alive. Street fighting in built up environment won't be easy.

Israel usually have low casualities during wartime they'll be alright.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:35am On Oct 28, 2023
Taguchi:

I no get issues for eyes ..I have strong 👀 grin

Last month I bought a couple of very dark shades from Primark I no dey read with naked eyes again

Have tried going the audio books route but e no dey gree enter I love having a mental image of whatever information am assimilating but it's near impossible for me with sounds. maybe with a lot of practice I will become used to it

The best time to practise audiobooks is when driving or if on a train/bus/plane. You can start by listening to podcasts and then the audiobooks will fall in line.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 1:50am On Oct 28, 2023
Ballzproblemm:

Israel usually have low casualities during wartime they'll be alright.

No they don't usually. Israel takes and is prepared to take more casualties than the average Western Nations. They even let their hostages die in opposition hands. They accept death more than you know

The 1,400 Hamas killed is 0.02% of their population. That's like 60,000 being killed in Yankee in one day proportionally

Ome shouldn't assume business as usual for Israel. Hezbollah have 130,000 rockets aimed at them. That will overwhelm iron dome easily. The Lebanese go suffer am in response while the real villain Iran is chilling. Israel will have to start striking Iran to stop the wahala at source, cos that level of rockets is too much for any defence system.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:13am On Oct 28, 2023
rooftops:

just checked, most of their books are on premium package. How do one download for free?

i am not sure i follow.

none of the links or methods i posted requires a paid / premium package

please post a screenshot

(1) (2) (3) ... (3588) (3589) (3590) (3591) (3592) (3593) (3594) ... (4632) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), islamics(m), ixyi(m), DammyOlu123(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.