Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,983 members, 7,863,499 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1575748 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) (3642) ... (4844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2023
seankafor:
https://www.nairaland.com/7898358/kazakhstan-opens-doors-visitors-nigerians

Now japarians over to you tongue

No be you wan go this country ni? cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooo

Yup
My prayer is that the FG takes advantage of it instead of doing rubbish.
This will not last beyond January latest if they don't move around quickly.
I no too understand wetin dey play sha, but in essence we should wait to buy the dip abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Oga.
Again when the FG properly shows working that is consistent then Nigerians will trust them with their money.
As if the destruction of the naira started recently and people have not been losing value of their money.

Please please and please.
Buy the dip dears.
If you lose money due to the naira stabilising that's fine.
If you make money because the dollar bounced back.. Then good for you😊.
Put yourself first.

Everyone should put themselves first.

But its advisable to just wait for at least 24 - 48hrs to get a true picture of things before buying the dip.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2023
Incognito9:
People wey predict 1500 to 2000 by December, don they change mouth 🤗

Continue dumping that modafucker 😎

Buy the dip!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
If naira is falling, blame tinubu

If naira is gaining, praise tinubu

No dey shalaye cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
BUA and Dangote dey fight. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
May this dip favour me and my family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ibime:

Buy the dip!

E never drop finish where I go buy am 😔
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

Is our FX reserves back up now to warrant this level of currency appreciation?

I'm talking in relation to the outrageous surge we experienced within 1 week that the naira was crashing at an alarming rate, the same way the dollar is crashing currently.

The koko is the content of that tweet you posted, if you are blaming the FG for the dollar explosion, you cant say the dollar crashing down has nothing to do with the same FG that you were abusing when the dollar was exploding. That's my point.
Because there are different speculations and propaganda nor dey hard una do.
There is evidence that the FG is responsible for the depletion of the naira.
This is has been consistent.

If the naira is fighting back, it could be as a result of different things.
That you want to rush and attribute to the FG is your perogative. I don't have to do that.
If after a while it is consistent and there's a reasonable explanation with evidence then I'll give the FG props.

I mean the same you talking now still were recently talking about how the naira rising was the naira finding it's true level.
Is this the true level of the naira seeing as it's appreciating against the dollar or should we be watching?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:
BUA and Dangote dey fight. grin

At this point, make them enter ring
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
My own as the dollar is crashing down,let the prices of goods also come down with it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:
So the same people who have been complaining about the price of the dollar are the ones who are now planning to buy and hoard the dollar, and drive up it's it's price. Let no one say Nigerians are not the problems of Nigeria.
We're simply protecting ourselves. The fundamentals are wrong, and na the Koko be that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
Incognito9:

E never drop finish where I go buy am 😔
Lmaoooo una dey see shalaye
popizaino:
My own as the dollar is crashing down,let the prices of goods also come down with it.

You say?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Sorry.
I should be patriotic when government is using 120m to settle senators.

Let the government sort out the FX issue, we will all help them.
Make I save in naira so that by February my money will lose even more value.
Funny😩
Lovers of Nigeria ehn 🤭
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

But its advisable to just wait for at least 24 - 48hrs to get a true picture of things before buying the dip.

For sure.
Guys dey actually wait first.
I honestly hope this is something more permanent because the way inflation dey chase person wey dey save for dollars nor funny.
That isn't sustainable forget the fact say we dey use am banter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
popizaino:
They play, what about the one gotten when dollar was high
We are wicked in this country little profit no they belleful us until we extort each other
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
We're[b] simply protecting ourselves[/b]. The fundamentals are wrong, and na the Koko be that.

Right now, you sound like my over empathetic partner. I complain that a person is too greedy earing a big salary and still shaking down vendors and he says - he is protecting himself I should understand.

This is the excuse everyone who does their own little bit to Fk up the country for their own benefit.

And then they drop the sanctimonious speech

How is this different from our power stealing civil servant who is protecting him self from energy bills?

How does anyone expect any intervention by the fg to work when it is the same Nigerians who are buying up the dollar?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaoooo una dey see shalaye

Oga nah trader I be oo

I dey praise when he perform and also criticize when he underperfom, my own is different from your own view.

You criticize when e fall, and u don give credit when e gain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Because there are different speculations and propaganda nor dey hard una do.
There is evidence that the FG is responsible for the depletion of the naira.
This is has been consistent.

If the naira is fighting back, it could be as a result of different things.
That you want to rush and attribute to the FG is your perogative. I don't have to do that.
If after a while it is consistent and there's a reasonable explanation with evidence then I'll give the FG props.

I mean the same you talking now still were recently talking about how the naira rising was the naira finding it's true level.
Is this the true level of the naira seeing as it's appreciating against the dollar or should we be watching?

All this one you are doing is shalaye bros. Nobody send you.

I clearly said before that once liquidity gets into the market, the market will stabilize. I remember telling you on this same board that liquidity is the main issue of the market and once liquidity finds it ways to the market, the naira will begin to stabilize. I dont know when me and you have the conversation where I told you that the naira appreciating is the naira finding it's true level. I kept saying it back to back that liqduity is what the market needs and the CBN needs to find ways to bring liqduity to the market.

So you dont know before that speculation can also drive up the price of FX before you are blaming the FG when the exchange rate shoots up?

Like I said bros, stay one side. If you want to blame the FG when the price goes up, do so but also praise them when the price goes down also. It's simple sturvs.

Nobody is forcing you to praise the FG in the first place bro, I never even said anything about praising the FG until you brought that tweet here and ask for my opinion on it.

You can continue with the shalaye sha. I'm done with this conversation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

They play, what about the one gotten when dollar was high
We are wicked in this country little profit no they belleful us until we extort each other

I'm a victim of this and have already counted my loses and that's why i am hoping prices drop along with this dollar crash.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

At this point, make them enter ring

Both of them dey sponsor editorial for major newspaper. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Right now, you sound like my over empathetic partner. I complain that a person is too greedy earing a big salary and still shaking down vendors and he says - he is protecting himself I should understand.

This is the excuse everyone who does their own little bit to Fk up the country for their own benefit.

How is this different from our power stealing civil servant who is protecting him self from energy bills?

How does anyone expect any intervention by the fg to work when it is the same Nigerians who are buying up the dollar?
I will keep on hammering on the point that we are the cause of our misfortunes, greed is fractal in nature (shout-out to Mandelbrot) you will the same pattern but in different scales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
We're simply protecting ourselves. The fundamentals are wrong, and na the Koko be that.

Especially against inflation. You cant blame people for that.

It's the job of the CBN to control inflation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

For sure.
Guys dey actually wait first.
I honestly hope this is something more permanent because the way inflation dey chase person wey dey save for dollars nor funny.
That isn't sustainable forget the fact say we dey use am banter

Yes, they were able to wipe out over 400 in a day. I doubt that's sustainable.

Hopefully the CBN is able to clear all these backlog issue, I'm hearing foreign airlines that have their funds trapped will be getting it next week.

If CBN is able to achieve this, more confidence will return into the market with more investment which will bring in more needed forex.

One thing is certain, Cardoso wont do things the way Emefiele did them, hopefully he gets it right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:

simple is not that hard
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Apples and oranges boss.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
popizaino:

I'm a victim of this and have already counted my loses and that's why i am hoping prices drop along with this dollar crash.
Sorry about that but i will advise you don't sell entirely at a loss you will feel the impact
50/50 is fair
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Larride.. Another angle

Ibime and Itsrm wetin una think?

I don't agree with him. Why are they only dumping it on binance?

Those who are saying CBN is manipulating Binance may not be far from the truth. It does look like someome is forcing it down to 800 thereabout. One minute it's 960, the next it's 820. It's not making any sense.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

No dip is selling anywhere.

Na for paper only. Go outside and see the true reality.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

Especially against inflation. You cant blame people for that.

It's the job of the CBN to control inflation.
When my money was losing value and I was buying goods at 1.3k nobody called me a good Nigerian...now that I'm seeing an opportunity to correct the losses I've been making I'm called a bad Nigerian grin

It's ultimately a bet...it's possible BAT and his team has things in control to the point where we bet against the Naira and lose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
Amoto94:

I will keep on hammering on the point that we are the cause of our misfortunes, greed is fractal in nature (shout-out to Mandelbrot) you will the same pattern but in different scales.

Humans generally are greedy.

Its the job of CBN and the executive that they dont allow people's greed to destroy the nation by putting in place proper policy that works.

People faced with an economy that's grappling with inflation and a weak currency will look for ways to survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) (3642) ... (4844) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Greatswimmer, GloriousGbola, Sitmr, Kundistrict(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.