Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,961 members, 7,863,416 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1575213 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) (3642) (3643) ... (4844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
popizaino:
My own as the dollar is crashing down,let the prices of goods also come down with it.

Not going to happen. People have to protect themselves.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emaprince:
No dip is selling anywhere.

Na for paper only. Go outside and see the true reality.
As long as binance rates continue, the market outside would correct. Say within 3 days.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emaprince:
No dip is selling anywhere.

Na for paper only. Go outside and see the true reality.

Ok sir.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
Itsrm:

I don't agree with him. Why are they only dumping it on binance?

Those who are saying CBN is manipulating Binance may not be far from the truth. It does look like someome is forcing it down to 800 thereabout. One minute it's 960, the next it's 820. It's not making any sense.

It make sense, when it's falling to 1150 and the next hours 1250, you didn't remember

😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Right now, you sound like my over empathetic partner. I complain that a person is too greedy earing a big salary and still shaking down vendors and he says - he is protecting himself I should understand.

This is the excuse everyone who does their own little bit to Fk up the country for their own benefit.

And then they drop the sanctimonious speech

How is this different from our power stealing civil servant who is protecting him self from energy bills?

How does anyone expect any intervention by the fg to work when it is the same Nigerians who are buying up the dollar?

I was once like you cheesy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
When my money was losing value and I was buying goods at 1.3k nobody called me a good Nigerian...now that I'm seeing an opportunity to correct the losses I've been making I'm called a bad Nigerian grin

It's ultimately a bet...it's possible BAT and his team has things in control to the point where we bet against the Naira and lose.

True.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Incognito9:

It make sense, when it's falling to 1150 and the next hours 1250, you didn't remember

😂😂

So maybe its the market just doing its thing 😂

My only problem now is that Abokis are always lagging. They are still quoting 950-970. Who wan buy am

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
Itsrm:

I don't agree with him. Why are they only dumping it on binance?

Those who are saying CBN is manipulating Binance may not be far from the truth. It does look like someome is forcing it down to 800 thereabout. One minute it's 960, the next it's 820. It's not making any sense.

Have you forgotten the way it jumped to 1300 also? The price was practically moving at speed.

This might just be a correction of those jumps and price might just settle at 900 - 950 for now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Itsrm:

I was once like you cheesy.

I legit burst into laughter 🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
Capitalism on steroids. They should sha go about this thing sensibly, and not go about clamping tyres anyhow.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
Itsrm:

So maybe its the market just doing its thing 😂

My only problem now is that Abokis are always lagging. They are still quoting 950. Who wan buy am

LemFi was quoting 1,175 this morning, it's currently 990.

Nobody knows what's happening at the moment so better to just observe.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

For those with an appetite for risk, this is probably the best time to buy sha...though I'd personally be waiting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
larride:

That 800+ will always be a good price to buy. I don't think it will stay here for too long if indeed market forces are at play.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
Itsrm:

That 800+ will always be a good price to buy. I don't think it will stay here for too long if indeed market forces are at play.

Of course it wont. Might even end the day at 900+
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

I legit burst into laughter 🤣🤣

Even if we can no longer japa, our kids should be able to go. So if I'm saving towards it and my 60m by the time they are ready for tertiary institution is 20k dollars. Of what use is it to me?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
Capitalism on steroids. They should sha go about this thing sensibly, and not go about clamping tyres anyhow.

My understanding is that most of the commercial entities like banks have already paid this. I am very paranoid about parking in lagos. I avoid being in situations where I have to beg or negotiate some useless good for nothing local government Arrow.

one time I asked at a bank and they told me. I however suspect that there will be racketeering where security guards will connive with agents. Say I park at park and shop outside and then go and do my thing without settling the security guy. Sharp sharp he has called them to clamp my car.

And the cars parked at owners risk disclaimer is also there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7899227/aisha-rimi-indicted-defrauding-lago
once you join APC you automatically become a saint.

oasisx abi na lie?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:

The only item on the list I have issue with is corporate car parks. So they mean If I have an office building that has parking space in the compound I will have to pay to park inside ? It makes no sense. Why ? because the same building owner pays Income tax and land use charge; it amounts to multiple taxation asking the same person to pay for parking space in his own premises .

As for commercial car parks and public places like setback & in-street parking; I think it's normal for people to pay to park there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
https://www.nairaland.com/7899227/aisha-rimi-indicted-defrauding-lago
once you join APC you automatically become a saint.

oasisx abi na lie?

What the author of the article did is poor journalism. The journalist never stated the conclusion of the case....Like what was the judgement pronounced at the end of the trial?

At least the case was taken before a judge in 2018; its already 5 years after. Did the EFCC eventually recover the funds? Has the the court unfrozen the 10 bank accounts linked to the woman?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

What the author of the article did is poor journalism. The journalist never stated the conclusion of the case....Like what was the judgement pronounced at the end of the trial?

At least the case was taken before a judge in 2018; its already 5 years after. Did the EFCC eventually recover the funds? Has the the court unfrozen the 10 bank accounts linked to the woman?

That is the outrage journalism i was talking about earlier today
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:
'Patriotic' nigerians - that diaper wearing drug dealer has destroyed the economy! The value of the Naira is dropping every day! The man does not know what he is doing! He is going to bankrupt nigeria

Also 'patriotic' Nigerians - look! The drug dealer has staged an intervention! The price of the dollar is dropping! Quick let's buy up dollars, hoard, drive up demand, send dollar to n2000 - and then we will again curse the incompetent drug dealer!

That's how you do real patriotism! Make noise on social media and sabotage the Naira off social media! Bleep you I got mine! I am better than those self serving reps! If I was in the hoa I would do things differently from how I am doing now!

Rinse and repeat! Tinubu is a diaper wearing drug lord and thief!
The value of the Naira crashing everyday is the main reason Nigerians wants to save themselves.

The FG you talk about don't care about Nigerians. That's why they will ask us to endure while they lavish billions on personal SUVs etc.

You expect patriots to keep their money in the bank why it turns to paper..because the criminal FG who are after their pockets were the major reason our money devalued and turned to paer in the first place. Starting during primaries where dollas where bought in great quantity and shared among delegates as bribe.

The whole blame rest on the corrupt FG. This your gaslighting is a cheap attempt and won't move an hair.

They destroyed the Naira, and you expect us to remain fools and keep our money while it turn to papers. E no go work.

The earlier you realise you are on your own and fight for yourself, the better for you. Cos FG is looting and filling their pockets at the detriment of the poor masses.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emaprince:
The value of the Naira crashing everyday is the main reason Nigerians wants to save themselves.

The FG you talk about don't care about Nigerians. That's why they will ask us to endure while they lavish billions on personal SUVs etc.

You expect patriots to keep their money in the bank why it turns to paper..because the criminal FG who are after their pockets were the major reason our money devalued and turned to paer in the first place. Starting during primaries where dollas where bought in great quantity and shared among delegates as bribe.

The whole blame rest on the corrupt FG. This your gaslighting is a cheap attempt and won't move an hair.

They destroyed the Naira, and you expect us to remain fools and keep our money while it turn to papers. E no go work.

The earlier you realise you are on your own and fight for yourself, the better for you. Cos FG is looting and filling their pockets at the detriment of the poor masses.

Then admit you are self serving mercenaries in the same mold of the 'corrupt fg' and stop the sanctimonious bullshit. You sound like a senator shalayeing about how he needs a land cruiser as an operational vehicle

You cannot be writing long epistle complaining about cost of living, cursing this administration then turning round to follow the path of the currency speculators who have been fking the Naira over.

No diff between you and the lpg sellers who have jacked up price of gas from 6300 to 11500. Same energy , same shalaye.

Pick a struggle. Or spare us the wall of text epistle.

Own your hypocrisy and resist the urge to shalaye.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
grin

.................................sad news. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Then admit you are self serving mercenaries and stop the sanctimonious bullshit. You sound like a senator shalayeing about how he needs a land cruiser as an operational vehicle

You cannot be writing long epistle complaining about cost of living, cursing this administration then turning round to follow the path of the currency speculators who have been fking the Naira over.

Pick a struggle. Or spare us the wall of text epistle.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Then admit you are self serving mercenaries and stop the sanctimonious bullshit. You sound like a senator shalayeing about how he needs a land cruiser as an operational vehicle

You made 3 posts on the trot complaining over people buying and hoarding the dollas. Now who's really shalayeing?

No be you first fill your gallons when the news broke out that subsidy was no more? Why did you do it? Weren't you thinking yourself first?

How long do you want us to remain patriotic in a country where the selected leaders are selfish criminals?

If we don't buy the dip, there is no guarantee that it will remain stable and never crash again.

If the people see a working govt, no one will be talking about buying the dip. Every one is saving their ass now.

We have had fantastically corrupt FGs that turned the country to a jungle. It's now survival of the fittest/smartest

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
OasisX:
grin

.................................sad news. LOL!

Wrong meme. We need a picture of obidient scrambling to mop up all the dollars on the streets grin.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

That is the outrage journalism i was talking about earlier today

But outrage journalism didn’t apply to what we discussed earlier today .

In fact, we can surmise that it was the press’ report on the “presidential yatch “ that forced the hand of house of assembly members in moving the funds to the student loan provision account .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emaprince:
You made 3 posts on the trot complaining over people buying and hoarding the dollas. Now who's really shalayeing?

No be you first fill your gallons when the news broke out that subsidy was no more? Why did you do it? Weren't you thinking yourself first?

How long do you want us to remain patriotic in a country where the selected leaders are selfish criminals?

If we don't buy the dip, there is no guarantee that it will remain stable and never crash again.

If the people see a working govt, no one will be talking about buying the dip. Every one is saving their ass now.

We have had fantastically corrupt FGs that turned the country to a jungle. It's now survival of the fittest/smartest

Buying up dollars will make it scarce, increase demand and drive up the price of forex. Buying up petrol at its selling price will not do that.

This may be too hard for you to understand but it is what it is.

You have clearly shown that you are an indelible part of the problem. So do everyone a favor and get out of the way when others are trying to solve the problems.

As they say talk is cheap. I can only imagine what you would do if you were in HOA today. Nigeria is a jungle, past administrations fked it up, so I have to get mine.

Tinubu is favoring the dip. Buy it and curse him as you do tongue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emaprince:

grin grin grin grin

Cook the gallon baron!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Buying up dollars will make it scarce, increase demand and drive up the price of forex. Buying up petrol at its selling price will not do that.

This may be too hard for you to understand but it is what it is.

You have clearly shown that you are an indelible part of the problem. So do everyone a favor and get out of the way when others are trying to solve the problems.

As they say talk is cheap. I can only imagine what you would do if you were in HOA today. Nigeria is a jungle, past administrations fked it up, so I have to get mine.

Tinubu is favoring the dip. Buy it and curse him as you do tongue
He meant buying the dip on petrol prices, cause the price increase was already in the pipeline. Hoarders of petrol at the old price played a role in the scarcity that followed, and the eventual jump to new prices even before the deadline that was announced.

Those that plan to buy Dollar now, are as well buying at the selling price.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
grin grin grin grin

Cook the gallon baron!

Stop being behind the times! I have moved on to cylinders! angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Theflint1:
He meant buying the dip on petrol prices, cause the price increase was already in the pipeline. Hoarders of petrol at the old price played a role in the scarcity that followed, and the eventual jump to new prices even before the deadline that was announced.

Those that plan to buy Dollar now, are as well buying at the selling price.

You need to remember that I live in lagos. In the rest of Nigeria, particularly the east petrol is a speculative commodity. Maybe that is what is driving your bizarre argument. Not so in lagos. All the places I bought fuel from never sold above pump price.not even in the worst of the scarcity. We literally had dss raiding stations in lagos to enforce prices.

Nice try at false equivalence.

If I was selling petrol and I immediately stopped selling on may 29 then your argument would make sense. Ironically no NNPC station in lagos stopped selling. Even after the announcement. I guess not every one has the jungle mentality all of you are claiming tongue

Incidentally the onus is on the obidients who have spent the last six months posturing sanctimoniously and calling those who voted PBAT all sorts of names to walk the talk they have been writing. You can't be telling us about how you are so much better then everyone else, moral supermen, black and white with no shades of grey, only to join speculator aboki geng at the first opportunity.

This is how charly boy took money from keyamo in 2019 and keeps running his mouth like he is some sort of hero.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) (3641) (3642) (3643) ... (4844) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ihebu4chelsea(m), Singapore1(m), Beorn and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.