Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,560 members, 7,850,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1538846 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) ... (4776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:42am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I also experienced something similar , but not exactly the same.

I have a very close friend ( one of the very few I hold dearly ) . We were planning his wedding and in less than 2 months to the wedding day his mum died after slumping . The death took everyone by surprise and really shook him.

At a point we were contemplating shifting the wedding but eventually the family decided he should go ahead with it. In the wake to the wedding I had to dig deep into my savings to come through for him when he kept lamenting about a whole lot of things he’s yet to put in place due to the sudden death of his mum and how much he spent during the burial (which I also supported him financially for ). He even made me spend extra money by buying a new piece of suit to be his best man which I never planned before .

On the wedding eve I had to take it upon myself to foot bills for the hotel we will sleep overnight when I noticed he didn’t have any plan nor funds for it and was resigned to us sleeping in his parent’s house where a gazillion family members were sleeping over in preparation for the wedding . Within the first year of the wedding he was always complaining about his business not doing well and when I do have I raise him one or two change to sort minor issues .

Fast forward to the delivery of his first child , after announcing the arrival of the baby he told me how much he’s trying to raise to have his wife and child discharged from the private hospital . I gave him what I can knowing fully well he will still come up with some request in 8 days time which will be naming ceremony . True to character he requested for financial asssitance few days to the naming and I was suggesting that he should just do a low key one since the funds are not really there now.

On the morning of the naming I sent him what I can and later he confided in me that my cash was timely cos that was what he used to buy a bag of rice that morning immediately alert entered . I didn’t go for the naming cos it was a work day but my spouse who did , what she described was definitely not a budget naming ceremony and the pictures my guy uploaded later confirmed same .

Less than a month after naming my guy’s house rent was due and he needs to borrow money to add to his rent . He told me he had the house rent complete before the naming but he had to spend out of it for the naming since Yoruba have a saying that “ ti Igi ba wo lugi, toke e ni won man koko gbe “ i.e if a tree falls on another fallen tree, u will definitely have to lift the one on top to be able to reach the one underneath . So he had to first sort the naming before the rent payment .

I just shook my head at his scale of priorities and cautioned myself to never be foooolish by going all out for people who don’t know how to prioritize their needs . I took several steps backwards on his matter because I just don’t see myself continuing to sponsor his bad choice of order of priorities .

When my wife gave birth, I had help with settling the hospital bill. I'm forever grateful to those that came through for me.

2 days to naming ceremony, everyone was asking me what we wanted to do and I just told them we are doing a parlour naming ceremony, our Pastor will just come in the afternoon, bless the child and name her and we share snacks n drink for those around. That's our plan. Na so family members begin say "Its your first fruit, you have to do party", some even say in Yoruba culture you have to kill a goat or so. I say I've heard and ask them to contribute the money for the party among themselves. grin 24hrs later, shishi no drop from anybody. We did the naming ceremony as we wanted to do it and that was it. Even those that was expecting that after 3 month when we go do child dedication and Thanksgiving for church that we might do small thing, we no do anything. It was just me, my wife and daughter and my mother in-law that went for the dedication.

Imagine I listened to those that said we must do party and then put myself into unnecessary debt while trying to impress those that will just come for the party, chop and go back home.

If you have the means and resources then fine but in situations where you know how things are and still decided to not set your priorities right, whatever you see, you face.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:49am On Nov 18, 2023
afrodoc2:

That is very commendable and admirable.

Very commendable

The fact that he even conceded sef is admirable.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:06am On Nov 18, 2023
izzou:

Very commendable

The fact that he even conceded sef is admirable.

Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, it is more significant for a nascent democracy when an incumbent loses than when he wins.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 3:04am On Nov 18, 2023
Mehn let this English fa free this game make Dem play on Field with leg 🦵

Which one be 10 point deduction for Everton

Make Dem no spoil this game for us make Ogun no kill their papa angry

Hear say Chelsea and mancity going on relegation

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:56am On Nov 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:00am On Nov 18, 2023
larride:

When my wife gave birth, I had help with settling the hospital bill. I'm forever grateful to those that came through for me.

2 days to naming ceremony, everyone was asking me what we wanted to do and I just told them we are doing a parlour naming ceremony, our Pastor will just come in the afternoon, bless the child and name her and we share snacks n drink for those around. That's our plan. Na so family members begin say "Its your first fruit, you have to do party", some even say in Yoruba culture you have to kill a goat or so. I say I've heard and ask them to contribute the money for the party among themselves. grin 24hrs later, shishi no drop from anybody. We did the naming ceremony as we wanted to do it and that was it. Even those that was expecting that after 3 month when we go do child dedication and Thanksgiving for church that we might do small thing, we no do anything. It was just me, my wife and daughter and my mother in-law that went for the dedication.

Imagine I listened to those that said we must do party and then put myself into unnecessary debt while trying to impress those that will just come for the party, chop and go back home.

If you have the means and resources then fine but in situations where you know how things are and still decided to not set your priorities right, whatever you see, you face.

Thank God u were reasonable and financially responsible not to fall for that “ it’s your first fruit “ trap . So many people have fallen for it and ended up in debt which nobody later helped them to settle . That culture of doing Party whether one is financially stable or not usually push people into serious debt .

Even if u have people that claim they will support u; it will shock u later that they might just buy bottles of drink or pay for someone go bring pepper soup which will not make much difference in the total money u will spend on the ceremony if u fall for their trap.

When my old man passed and we were planning for his 8 days Fridau prayers , We were bouncing ideas on what to do ;my sisters in their plans were thinking of making some spendings that is outside the budget we have in our books . I asked where the extra fund would come from and I noticed they were banking on whatever inflow would come from his former club members , friends , old colleagues , their own friends etc .

I just shut the idea down even though I’m the youngest . I clearly let them know it was financially irresponsible to do so and it will lead to unnecessary debt if things don’t work out well. This is a man we’ve spent money on medical bills for like a year and half before his demise , if anybody say we no try make he wait for his turn and let’s see what he or she will do differently .

So we ditched idea of doing all the wahala of preparing different types of swallow , preparing different type of soup . Just shared akara in the morning and packed rice , chicken +1 PET drink + 1 table water as takeaway for the guests after the prayers . Anybody that wants to eat swallow should prepare it when they get back to their house .

Later my sisters were grateful for my hard stand because the inflows they thought would come in never really did. Some yeye people even told them “ when u people want to do final burial don’t worry u will hear from us in a big way “ cheesy

If u no use ur head for Nigeria , people will use it for u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:02am On Nov 18, 2023
afrodoc2:

That is very commendable and admirable.

But I read the opposition guy is like 78 years old ; hope he’s not the kind of Buhari taking over from Jonathan situation that is happening in Liberia ?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 6:04am On Nov 18, 2023
So it's true what they say about P.Diddy's lawyers.. Settlement in less than 48hrs..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 6:10am On Nov 18, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 6:11am On Nov 18, 2023
CrystalTiger:
So it's true what they say about P.Diddy's lawyers.. Settlement in less than 48hrs..
I told g gbola yesterday that I read his lawyers are one of the best in the game..

Mehn there are men and there are legends.. Diddy is up there with likes of Jay-Z legend-wise smiley

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:20am On Nov 18, 2023
raumdeuter:
P Diddy accuser settle case

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/sean-combs-cassie-settle-her-bombshell-rape-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-day-after-filing.html
Even after settlement can't the police investigate
Obviously pdiddy ain't innocent of these charges but he's buying his way out
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:24am On Nov 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Even after settlement can't the police investigate
Obviously pdiddy ain't innocent of these charges but he's buying his way out

Police will need evidences from key witness’ statements . Key witness don collect settlement money and has probably signed legally binding documents which forbids her from talking to police .

So police is handicapped just like that .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Police will need evidences from key witness’ statements . Key witness don collect settlement money and has probably signed legally binding documents which forbids her from talking to police .

Word!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:33am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

But I read the opposition guy is like 78 years old ; hope he’s not the kind of Buhari taking over from Jonathan situation that is happening in Liberia ?

The most important thing is to allow the rule of law and go by what the people want. In the long run allowing the people make their choices and mistakes is what will strengthen the political institutions.
Otherwise we will be left with a situation like in Cameroon when one man wants to “help” the people all the time because he feels, rightly or wrongly, that he is the best option for the country. That is all well and good if he is a truly benevolent despot, but when he is a murderous tyrant like Abacha or Pol Pot the people have no legal recourse.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:36am On Nov 18, 2023
afrodoc2:

The most important thing is to allow the rule of law and go by what the people want. In the long run allowing the people make their choices and mistakes is what will strengthen the political institutions.
Otherwise we will be left with a situation like in Cameroon when one man wants to “help” the people all the time because he feels, rightly or wrongly, that he is the best option for the country. That is all well and good if he is a truly benevolent despot, but when he is a murderous tyrant like Abacha or Pol Pot the people have no legal recourse.

Yeah, I get .

Goodluck to the people of Liberia ; hoping the septuagenarian will be the solution to their political and economic woes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:36am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

There is a reason why many outlets didn’t jump to castigate Diddy. People were waiting for his move.
If you as a hip hop outlet (esp African-American) jump on the anti-Diddy bandwagon in this life n death case you might find things really tough.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2023
afrodoc2:

There is a reason why many outlets didn’t jump to castigate Diddy. People were waiting for his move.
If you as a hip hop outlet (esp African-American) jump on the anti-Diddy bandwagon in this life n death case you might find things really tough.

It's like speaking out against the Jews in corporate America . U go later go dey sell firewood for Siberia when matter cast for u grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:40am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, I get .

Goodluck to the people of Liberia ; hoping the septuagenarian will be absolution to their political and economic woes

I don’t know the guy but it is likely a mistake. What Weah did was to give them a Jorginho pass I.e Make e no spoil for my hand. Liberia as a country is never too far away from burning, so Weah as a patriot, rather than being the cause of further mayhem, decided to do the honourable thing.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:44am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It's like speaking out against the Jews in corporate America . U go later go dey sell firewood for Siberia when matter cast for u grin

Yes o. The Jews’ powers are more pervasive and deeply entrenched sha, but it is similar. Some people have the will and the means to crush you if you cross them, and they see every slight as a threat.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:48am On Nov 18, 2023
Realmrsean:
I told g gbola yesterday that I read his lawyers are one of the best in the game..

Mehn there are men and there are legends.. Diddy is up there with likes of Jay-Z legend-wise smiley
You have it all backwards
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:53am On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

what is left of kid cudis career is toast. man should just go and start doing security cry

also possible that all along cassie was just angling for a big payout

also diddy has seen R kelly and bill cosby's demons catch up to them and he knows how it will end if the floodgates ever open

best one can hope is that cassie shook him down well
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:00am On Nov 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

what is left of kid cudis career is toast. man should just go and start doing security cry

also possible that all along cassie was just angling for a big payout

also diddy has seen R kelly's demons catch up to him and he knows how it will end if the floodgates ever open

The first time I read the news I knew it was all about the Benjamins ! The lady even though was way younger than Diddy when they were getting along doing all the shiii was an adult . She consented and some instances made herself available as an accessory / accomplice in the crimes she wants Diddy tried for .

She just want to use the knowledge she has about his activities to make money for herself and her household . She saw herself as a walking hard disk with so many incriminating evidences of Diddy's "other businesses " and she monetized herself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7914521/fake-news-sam-ajibola-takes

its all fun and games until reality kicks in
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:52am On Nov 18, 2023
KingTom:

You have it all backwards
No mind the guy.

P Diddy don dey run things like a boss before Jay z came up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2023
raumdeuter:
P Diddy accuser settle case

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/sean-combs-cassie-settle-her-bombshell-rape-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-day-after-filing.html

Hahaha. P Diddy is a wise man, he no get time for being dragged

Cassie is also a smart hard nosed girl. After all the justice cries and right to speak up lamba, she was after the hard cold cash

She wanted $30m, I reckon Diddy paid $20m-$30m
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2023
Ibime:

Hahaha. P Diddy is a wise man, no time for dragging

Cassie is also a smart hard nosed girl. After all the justice cries and right to speak up lamba, she was after the hard cold cash

She wanted $30m, I reckon Diddy paid $20m-$30m

I don't think he negotiated 🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I don't think he negotiated 🤣🤣

It says she got an 8 figure sum
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2023
Emaprince:
No mind the guy.

P Diddy don dey run things like a boss before Jay z came up.
Recognize cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2023
Let the haters keep hating. Whether they disguise under Isese worship or any form of pretext, the haters know themselves and we know them too.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7914352/look-n100-sugar-bought-today
poor man can't drink garri in peace even in this tinubu economy cheesy.

I no fit use four cubes , minimum 5.

my side 1 cube =#10
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2023
They have started selling sugar in cubes shocked shocked
Mad oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:23am On Nov 18, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) ... (4776) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: larride(m), Amoto94(m), BlueRayDick, Theflint1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.