Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1477889 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) (3742) ... (4679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
How do you reconcile the fact that an immigrant language became the indigenous/native language in Opobo, making it the first of such incidence on the Gulf of Guinea. ?

The elephant tusk is very important in Opobo especially in coronation of king. This is obtainable in other Igbo societies. The marriage customs & funerals in Opobo are largely the same in other Igbo villages. Amayanabo is interpreted as "ama onyen'bu" meaning a town of two kings.

Weda u be Igbo blood or Ijaw blood e no concern me. Igbo language is the mother tongue in Opobo, thus governor Simi who is a titled man from Opobo is within his right to speak his language.

Haha, you want claim Amanyanabo join? Ama means town in any Ijaw language. There is no town in my Kingdom which is not suffixed with Ama, see screenshots below. Amanyanabo means owner of the town exactly, not onye whatever. Every Ijaw Kingdom has an Amanyanabo from Okrika to Kalabari to Nembe to Bonny and Opobo. Which Igbo Kingdom has Amanyanabo? That is Ijaw leadership structure. My family has produced two Amanyanabos in Okrika and Opobo in modern times so no talk wetin you no know.

Igbo claims to Kingdoms are modern day fantasies. The only powerful Igbo Kingdom in yesteryear are the Arochukwu. Below is the undiluted truth of where the power lay those days and everyone in the Gulf of Guinea knows it.

Ibime:

Igbos were a collection of unrelated Republican villages without a consolidated Government and war structure until the British labelled all these villages as Eboe, giving them an identity. This lack of organisation is a reason why the Igbos were preyed upon by organised Kingdoms like the Ijaws, Ibibios, Benins and Oyos and why they form the majority of slave blood in the Americas today. The Igbos are the biggest victims of slavery and that speaks to their lack of organised Kingdoms. Only the Arochukwu were organised within the Igbo and they preyed on the Igbo massively. They never saw themselves as fellow Igbos till the British gave them identity. So Igbo cannot be claiming ownership of established and powerful Kingdoms in 2023 when they have no history of establishing such Kingdoms.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
izzou:
George Weah lost?
Not surprising. To his credit he has accepted fair and square. Another popular celebrity president with underwhelming performance.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Fake news spotted!

Nwaotam is an Igbo masquerade which has it origin from Ndoki.

Igbo language is the mother tongue in Opobo.
Azumini, Ohambele, Afam, Akwete, Akirika-Obu are all Ndoki clan. Akwete, an Ndoki clan is the heritage site of Igbo traditional cloth weaving.

Soludo is their biggest promoter cox since he took over as gov na Akwete made fabric he dey wear. Davido's paternal grandmother Chief Nnenna Esther Adeleke is from Akwete.

In SS, the Ndoki people can be found in Ikanafun LGA i.e Akwa-Ibom state & Obigbo LGA i.e Rivers state.

There are no Ndoki people in Ukanafun LGA in Akwa Ibom. The Ukanafuns are even more Ibibiod than the Etim Ekpos.

The border area of Azumini and surrounding areas in Etim Ekpo LGA are contested but speak Igbo as well as the Ibibio language. The Abia State part speak the Ibibio language too.

They aren't Ndoki people.

Forget the shit on Wikipedia. The same Wikipedia claims it's Aba Women Riot meanwhile the 1929 Women Massacre (it wasn't just a riot) happened at Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom, close to Lugard House right on the Ocean and has a Women War Memorial built on the site of the massacre.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
A40:
Not surprising. To his credit he has accepted fair and square. Another popular celebrity president with underwhelming performance.

Lol

Achieving fame in football must have given him the courage to think he could lead a country.

I wished he never became president.

The thing just stain him white cloth
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
Hiring: Field Operator at Daiik Engineering Limited

Salary: N700,000 / Month.
Employment Type: Contract

Personnel should have minimum 5-years experience on large oil/gas production facilities offshore or Oil/Gas Tankers

Apply here
Send CV to: idongesit.francis@daiik.com , copy info@daiik.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
DissTroy:

There are no Ndoki people in Ukanafun LGA in Akwa Ibom. The Ukanafuns are even more Ibibiod than the Etim Ekpos.

The border area of Azumini and surrounding areas in Etim Ekpo LGA are contested but speak Igbo as well as the Ibibio language. The Abia State part speak the Ibibio language too.

They aren't Ndoki people.

Forget the shit on Wikipedia. The same Wikipedia claims it's Aba Women Riot meanwhile the 1929 Women Massacre (it wasn't just a riot) happened at Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom, close to Lugard House right on the Ocean and has a Women War Memorial built on the site of the massacre.

Have u heard about a community called Oha Obu in ukanafun lga? Oha obu is an Ndoki community in AKS.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2023
DissTroy:

Aba women's riot is one of the major misnomers in Naija history. It had nothing to do with Aba. I was surprised when I read the details

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
izzou:

Lol

Achieving fame in football must have given him the courage to think he could lead a country.

I wished he never became president.

The thing just stain him white cloth
Might be an ego thing. I don't inherently believe being a good player makes you a good administrator. A lot of these people just have a bucket list they want to tick
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Have u heard about a community called Oha Obu in ukanafun lga? Oha obu is an Ndoki community in AKS.

There are communities that establish a bridgehead in another culture, it's very normal. Even in Okrika, we have a village that moved here from Umahia area fully, I think Okujagu village if memory serves. Even within that Ndoki, we Okrika people have a village that moved there for trade and stayed there. We call Ndoki Okoloma or Ndokiari and even the Ndoki recognise their town as Okoloma. But they got absorbed as Igbos, it's their choice, we no dey argue with them, but we know their origin in Ijaw land. Las Las, where you choose to identify is by choice not by blood because all our blood is heavily mixed. We may be more Igbo genetically than you sef.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
larride:

Na me get the church abi which kind question be This?

Hope the money wey dem dey share for your party inside LASG dey reach you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2023
Today na Igbo history day. Interesting discussion by all the parties involved.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/16/arts/music/sean-combs-diddy-cassie-rape-lawsuit.html

na real fking wa

meanwhile the other day i was talking about how cassie must have had some bombass pzzy to lock down puffy for 10 years

i find the story hard to believe sha. these things are a pattern and i dont recall hearing/reading anything about puffy and sexual violence or grooming

if bill clinton and monica had not been outed then - today she might also be accusing him of rape and abuse.
Lol. Fvckin with Diddy turned Shyne to a Rabbi and Loon to an Alfa. That tells you everything you need to know about him.

Let's not even talk about the Usher incident and rumors of grooming. Diddy dey move mad, you should hear what 50 has to say about him. Go and watch Diddy on Drink Champs flirting with Fabolous 😂😂 and see how uncomfortable Loso was and that's a grown rich man at least 11-12 years my senior

I also find it curious that he's suddenly released everybody's Masters. Mase, Biggie's estate, Lox, 112.

R@pe is very hard to prove between partners sha, I'm more inclined to believe the violence, assaults and other stuff

Anyway na civil case so he will probably have to pay a hefty settlement and that will be that
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ibime:

Aba women's riot is one of the major misnomers in Naija history. It had nothing to do with Aba. I was surprised when I read the details

Ibime:

We had it re-gazetted to "1929 Women Massacre", but some persons are still being cunning about it to push a narrative. We've even written official letters to media houses which wrongly call it "Aba Women Riot".

And it wasn't a riot. Unarmed women protesting heavy taxation were shot dead over the course of days.

Picture 1: The statue of Madam Udoma (mother of Sir Egbert Udo Udoma, first African with a PhD in law from Oxford University, supreme court justice, and Chief Justice of Uganda) who led the protests in front of what is today Ikot Abasi LG council in Akwa Ibom.

Picture 2: 1929 Women War Memorial (one of only two in the world) in Ikot Abasi just metres away.

The main protestors were Ikot Abasi women and Opobo women who crossed over to protest. Nothing to do with Aba.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Simi is from Opobo, has a chieftancy title in Opobo. Opobo is one of the Igbo tribes in Rivers state. Igbo language is the native language/mother tongue in Opobo. Abi u wan make he dey speak Japanese?
They don't acknowledge themselves as igbos...so allow them to live their lives...and also call them out when they try to disguise as your own for their own advantage.

I don't know why many of you keep stretching your hands trying to claim who doesn't want to be part of you.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2023
A40:

I also find it curious that he's suddenly released everybody's Masters. Mase, Biggie's estate, Lox, 112.

So Diddy done finally free these niggas? Guy is running where nobody is chasing him cheesy grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

LOL. You'd hear names like "Okoro" in Akwa Ibom parts of border communities and "Okon" in Abia parts of communities.

Happens a lot in some border areas. Some Ogoni villages speak and understand Ibibio, just like some Opobo parts do. But I'd be overreaching to refer to them as Ibibios or Ibibio communities.

States were not properly divided.

If you're from Arochukwu in Abia State, you have more in common with me (an Ibibio man) ancestry-wise than an Enugu man. But that's not for today.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2023
DissTroy:

LOL. You'd hear names like "Okoro" in Akwa Ibom parts of border communities and "Okon" in Abia parts of communities.

Happens a lot in some border areas. Some Ogoni villages speak and understand Ibibio, just like some Opobo parts do. But I'd be overreaching to refer to them as Ibibios or Ibibio communities.

States were not properly divided.

If you're from Arochukwu in Abia State, you have more in come with me (an Ibibio man)/ ancestry-wise than an Enugu man. But that's not for today.

True.

Those who divided the SE and SS really did a lot of injustice there.

Especially Abia.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ethnicity is not an artificial construct. It is built on ancenstral origin & wooven together by shared dialect of a common language.

How asawana(ijaw) people want to claim Opobo when they cannot communicate with a native of Opobo in their native language? who be una history teacher sef? Simi is speaking clean & clear Igbo language which is the mother tongue in Opobo. Yet u say Igbo people dey claim Opobo.. u be ode.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. How much be perfume for office
The money doesn't look much to.me. abi you think say na 10k perf him go dey use?

And they have to buy it several times.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The first time I read the news I knew it was all about the Benjamins ! The lady even though was way younger than Diddy when they were getting along doing all the shiii was an adult . She consented and some instances made herself available as an accessory / accomplice in the crimes she wants Diddy tried for .

She just want to use the knowledge she has about his activities to make money for herself and her household . She saw herself as a walking hard disk with so many incriminating evidences of Diddy's "other businesses " and she monetized herself
Everyone knows it was a shakedown. Cassie on her own merit which talent she get? Her relationship with Diddy is the sole reason she's relevant today but as Diddy way sef no pure he has to pay the tax of him ways.

At least this raba go make she comfortable for the foreseeable future.

Lesson to us men to have penis discipline so that small girls will not bring you to your knees. Woman will always be woman, if she say she no do again for whatever reason you help her pack. Forcing her to stay or pursuing her new man is not a flex but rather an indictment on you as a man
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2023
Emaprince:
The money doesn't look much to.me. abi you think say na 10k perf him go dey use?

And they have to buy it several times.

Yunno what it's true.
It's not much.

I mean I can see my taxes are being used judiciously 😌

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Ethnicity is not an artificial construct. It is built on ancenstral origin & wooven together by shared dialect of a common language.

How asawana(ijaw) people want to claim Opobo when they cannot communicate with a native of Opobo in their native language? who be una history teacher sef? Simi is speaking clean & clear Igbo language which is the mother tongue in Opobo. Yet u say Igbo people dey claim Opobo.. u be ode.

That Sudanese speak Arabic does not make them Arabs. Language is just for ease of communication with a larger majority. Nigeria has over 250 languages, majority of those languages are in the North and most people from those tribes speak Hausa better than their indigenous language so they can communicate with a larger section of the population. Language is not evidence of ethnicity anymore than a Mexican is Spanish, societal and leadership structure, history and self determination are the main determinants.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ibime:

So Diddy done finally free these niggas? Guy is running where nobody is chasing him cheesy grin
Lool naah that guy is evil.

Look at all of Jay Z's proteges Ye, Rihanna, Cole, Rick Ross, to a lesser extent Jeezy

Compare them to Diddy's
Almost all of them busted and disgusted or dead. Only ones doing ok is Mase who recently hooked up with Camron and they have the best podcast out there now and then Lox that was able to escape from him hand quickly

See Shyne that one get luck say him papa na big boy politican. Omolomo go back Belize turn politician
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
A40:
Lool naah that guy is evil.

Look at all of Jay Z's proteges Ye, Rihanna, Cole, Rick Ross, to a lesser extent Jeezy

Compare them to Diddy's
Almost all of them busted and disgusted or dead. Only ones doing ok is Mase who recently hooked up with Camron and they have the best podcast out there now and then Lox that was able to escape from him hand quickly

See Shyne that one get luck say him papa na big boy politican. Omolomo go back Belize turn politician

Na why Diddy no get longevity of proteges be that. Most of his acts only last 2 to 5 years. Shyne has been living hand to mouth for decades, I no even sure say this politics gig dey pay am sef, unless him get sticky fingers.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Hope the money wey dem dey share for your party inside LASG dey reach you?

Which kind stupid question be this?

Respect yourself abeg.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
Emaprince:
They don't acknowledge themselves as igbos...so allow them to live their lives...and also call them out when they try to disguise as your own for their own advantage.

I don't know why many of you keep stretching your hands trying to claim who doesn't want to be part of you.

U dey allow dis ijaw guys to gaslight u. In Opobo, Igbo language is the mother tongue. They observe the four market days in Igbo calender. The marriage custom & funerals are largely the same in other Igbo villages.
The Opobo people were founded by King Jaja who hailed from present day Imo state. The ruling family in Opobo also identify as Igbo. Dis one no be Ilorin where they banned Isese festival.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The Opobos are my neighbours just across a small strip of water and they are Ijaws.

Opobo. Ibeno, Eastern Obolo. These are triangulated areas, with the former being Ijaws, and the later two being of mixed Ibibio and Ijaw ancestries.

You are from faraway Nsukka in Enugu State telling me who my neighbours are? You either learn or argue with emotions.

---
Ogoja people of Cross River speak and have always spoken fluent Efik (an Ibibio dialect), but they aren't Ibibiod.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
DissTroy:

You are from faraway Nsukka in Enugu State telling me who my neighbours are? You either learn or argue with emotions.

You are from AKS yet you don't know that Oha Obu is an ndoki community in ukanafun LGA. No history student will take u serious.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The Opobo people were founded by King Jaja who hailed from present day Imo state. The ruling family in Opobo also identify as Igbo. Dis one no be Ilorin where they banned Isese festival.

Wrong. Jaja didn't found Opobo. Opobo was already a defined fishing port and trading area, even when Jaja was a slave. He rose through the ranks to earn rights through valour and wealth.

This attempt to whitewash history is no different from historians who claim Mungo Park discovered an existing River Niger which had trade routes and established communities for over a thousand years.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
larride:

Which kind stupid question be this?

Respect yourself abeg.

Why are you pissed nau?
It's a good question.

Or you think say I forget say you dey support the party down to state level. 😌

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You are from AKS yet you don't know that Oha Obu is an ndoki community in ukanafun LGA. No history student will take u serious.

Funny. You are arguing with me, the guy who is building a digital repository of the state's history and more like I mentioned here two months ago, and had a mini version launched in October 2020 about Akwa Ibom history?

Hubris maybe. I've explained why some border/neighbouring communities speak the languages of their neighbours.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
DissTroy:

Wrong. Jaja didn't found Opobo. Opobo was already a defined fishing port and trading area, even when Jaja was a slave. He rose through the ranks of earn rights through valour and wealth.

This attempt to whitewash history is no different from historians who claim Mungo Park discovered an existing River Niger which had trade routes and established communities for over a thousand years.

Another fake news spotted. Pls where is Oha Obu located in Akwa ibom?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3736) (3737) (3738) (3739) (3740) (3741) (3742) ... (4679) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.