Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1422420 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) ... (4615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2023
Blacklion3:
1.Muhammad ali
2afrodoc2 grin
3 Tyson Fury

Hmmmm. Not bad.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Blacklion3: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2023
afrodoc2:

Hmmmm. Not bad.

Merry Christmas grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2023
OasisX:

grin

....Fubara be like, make una no push me into wilderness. I don fold jẹjẹ.
he bought himself more time to restrategize if hes smart.. 3 years ias a gorvernor..the tussles is still his to loose if he has his mojo on lock..

this is just like a water break as much controversies and violents still awaits
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2023
Itsrm:

Thank you brother.

As seankafor noted, you people earning in hard currencies should declare giveaway on this thread grin

You have to PH to GH bro. Na one man, one vote.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.....over to afrodoc2, raumdeuter, ibime, obainojazz and co.

You no follow? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:02am On Dec 25, 2023
afrodoc2:

You have to PH to GH bro. Na one man, one vote.

You must not GH from the same people you PH to cheesy

We have done a lot of PH, now it's time to GH from you guys
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2023
Realmrsean:
he bought himself more time to restrategize if hes smart.. 3 years ias a gorvernor..the tussles is still his to loose if he has his mojo on lock..

this is just like a water break as much controversies and violents still awaits

With this stunt he just pulled, only someone who wants to kiss his political career goodbye will openly support his cause in the future. I bet those who did this time are seriously regretting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ebukacute(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2023
Make una do Christmas for me oooo
Wey all these wicked abroadians and home based tech boys... Make una buy me heniken jor. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:16am On Dec 25, 2023
make una do giveaway those basing Abroad
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 9:36am On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas to you all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2023
donjazzet:
Merry Christmas to you all.

cool cool cool cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2023
Mr Macaroni dey keep grudge reach governor side.

Standing on bidness👌
https://twitter.com/Brv6ix/status/1739040665386803643?t=mhQ0cK360BiQi12wQmioTw&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:47am On Dec 25, 2023
Itsrm:

You no follow? grin

grin

....I be Sheikh. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Mr Macaroni dey keep grude reach governor side.

Standing on bidness👌
https://twitter.com/Brv6ix/status/1739040665386803643?t=mhQ0cK360BiQi12wQmioTw&s=19

Wetin dem do am that June 12 reach to keep grudge with Sanwoolu till eternity .

He’s just like me , I don’t like what I hate .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lmaoo.. Bro.
Na because Macaroni na omoluabi.

Some guys go actually shenk you.
Because wetin which kind shege e never see for e hand?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Mr Macaroni dey keep grudge reach governor side.

Standing on bidness👌
No be today he never hide it
After everything they did to him, na why he no they honour his invite
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2023
Omo this Christmas dry oo abi people still go work in
Wetin they occur
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No be today he never hide it
After everything they did to him, na why he no they honour his invite

Ahh
He has been dismissing his invite?
But politicians get mind.
You go lock person up still dey attempt invite am?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Omo this Christmas dry oo abi people still go work in
Wetin they occur

Lmao.
Bro nobody get time.
If nor be children sef, some people for this country nor send.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaoo.. Bro.
Na because Macaroni na omoluabi.

Some guys go actually shenk you.
Because wetin which kind shege e never see for e hand?

He probably respected Elumelu who conveyed the meeting , hence why he shook his hands eventually . It has nothing to do with Omoluabi
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.
Bro nobody get time.
I think the noise pollution law added to it
I love the noiseless Christmas sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Ahh
He has been dismissing his invite?
But politicians get mind.
You go lock person up still dey attempt invite am?
They treated him like a common criminal without any offense
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.
Bro nobody get time.

Na money wey no dey generally jare .

Some people still dey okay and can afford to do Christmas party , but dem dey fear billing wey go follow for their community .

Imagine say u still kill cow in places like Ikorodu or Abule Egbe where u dey hibernate and u invite ur friends and families come. The billing wey go follow u after Christmas from some of the attendees and even ur neighbors in this hard times will be unprecedented . It will be assumed u are insulated from the general hardship being experienced countrywide .

So u get why some people go just bone and pretend as if things no level for their side too.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2023
OasisX:
"Already, both parties have demonstrated some good faith in the implementation process with the withdrawal of the purported impeachment notice on their part, and the release of hitherto withheld allowances of the members of the State House of Assembly by the Government.

"I have said before, there is no price too much to pay for peace. And with the realization that the worst peace is better than the best war, we will strive to make peace with all segments and interest groups without surrendering our freedom nor jeopardizing the interest and well-being of the good people of Rivers State who graciously entrusted us with their cherished mandate."

- Sir Siminalayi Fubara

Where is the link to this story

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

iamoyindamola:

They treated him like a common criminal without any offense
By choosing to organize a protest when govt said No protest abi shey na another matter?

He get luck. He should be thanking his stars that he was born a few decades late. He should ask how such protest led to 2yrs detention in Gashua prison for the likes of Gani and co. And that Sanwo-Olu and Lagosians are civilized people
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

By choosing to organize a protest when govt said No protest abi shey na another matter?

He get luck. He should be thanking his stars that he was born a few decades late. He should ask how such protest led to 2yrs detention in Gashua prison for the likes of Gani and co. And that Sanwo-Olu and Lagosians are civilized people

The governor does not have a right to declare no protest . U live in America where they practice true democracy , u should not be supporting this kind impunity .

The constitution of Nigeria allows for lawful peaceful protest. What the governor and the police did that day was illegal in a free democracy .

Yeah , me personally won’t put myself in such position because I know Nigeria is a jungle and we don’t practice democracy in Nigeria , but it doesn’t mean he contravened the law . A governor and police commissioner placing a ban on protest in a democracy is Illegal .

I know u will try to spin this , but it is what it is .

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The governor does not have a right to declare no protest . U live in America where they practice true democracy , u should not be supporting this kind impunity .

The constitution of Nigeria allows for lawful peaceful protest. What the governor and the police did that day was illegal in a free democracy .

Yeah , me personally won’t put myself in such position because I know Nigeria is a jungle and we don’t practice democracy in Nigeria , but it doesn’t mean he contravened the law . A governor and police commissioner placing a ban on protest in a democracy is Illegal .

I know u will try to spin this , but it is what it is .

If a protest has the potential to threaten public peace then no govt will allow it.
Before you protest you get permission from the authorities to provide adequate security in place to protect lives and properties.
Emergency services need to be put in place for those who suffer from exhaustion

That is what happens in real democracy

Given the recent history of the particular place where there was bloodshed during a protest, only an irresponsible govt will allow such to go ahead when a few months before there was a major confrontation

Governance is different from activism, where you seek to destroy and burn things down

Recently one lady was asking Sanwo-Olu about Mohbad forensic test and Sanwo-Olu told her that the lab which govt spent billions on was burnt down during endsars. Which responsible govt will wait for another burning down of infrastructure that's not even enough in the first place

In a true democracy there are laws guiding protests

You may not:
Block access to sidewalks or buildings
March in the streets without a permit
Disrupt counter-protests
Engage in speech that is obscene, makes knowingly false statements of fact, or that is likely to incite an immediate disruptive or dangerous disturbance

https://www.aclusocal.org/en/know-your-rights/protesters

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

If a protest has the potential to threaten public peace then no govt will allow it.
Before you protest you get permission from the authorities to provide adequate security in place to protect lives and properties.
Emergency services need to be put in place for those who suffer from exhaustion

That is what happens in real democracy

Given the recent history of the particular place where there was bloodshed during a protest, only an irresponsible govt will allow such to go ahead when a few months before there was a major confrontation

Governance is different from activism, where you seek to destroy and burn things down

Recently one lady was asking Sanwo-Olu about Mohbad forensic test and Sanwo-Olu told her that the lab which govt spent billions on was burnt down during endsars. Which responsible govt will wait for another burning down of infrastructure that's not even enough in the first place

In a true democracy there are laws guiding protests

You may not:
Block access to sidewalks or buildings
March in the streets without a permit
Disrupt counter-protests
Engage in speech that is obscene, makes knowingly false statements of fact, or that is likely to incite an immediate disruptive or dangerous disturbance

https://www.aclusocal.org/en/know-your-rights/protesters

Like I said earlier , u can try to spin it but it is what it is .

Maybe u are not familiar with the Nigerian constitution as regards the right to protests and prevented cases , but I am .

Check sections 38-41 of the Nigerian constitution , the right of citizens to a lawful peaceful protests is entrenched therein. There’s even an appeal court case involving IGP V. ANPP (2008) 12 WRN 65 which held “certainly in a democracy, it is the right of citizens to conduct peaceful processions, rallies or demonstrations without seeking and obtaining permission from anybody. It is a right guaranteed by the 1999 constitution and any law that attempts to curtail such right is null and void and of no effect.”

Nigeria is a country that pretends to practice democracy but in actual sense is a jungle where the strong prey on the weak .

The police/government’s job is to ensure the protest is not hijacked by non-state actors , it’s not to preempt violence and deny the citizens their fundamental human right .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

Is this supposed to be an offense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3932) (3933) (3934) (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) ... (4615) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: reccy(m), LordAdam16, liveLongNprospa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.