Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1478963 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) (3939) (3940) (3941) ... (4681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Most of the crisis in the middle belt is even ethnic related than religion . If u see anybody that comes from Benue or Plateau state they will tell u it’s not even about Islam v Christianity .

If Amoto feels uncomfortable with people discussing the problem , then that is his problem
So they are fighting for land, who owns this lands
The killers or the victims
The killers are Fulani(Muslim) the victims are the locals( Christians)
Now let's reverse the case the killers should be the locals and the victims should be Fulani what do you think will happen?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:36am On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Yeah , I know they give birth more than southerners and they start giving birth a younger age . But we actually need a fair census to be sure of what we know once and for all.

You are right. I just suspect the magomago won’t be as egregious as many people assume.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

So they are fighting for land, who owns this lands
The killers or the victims
The killers are Fulani(Muslim) the victims are the locals( Christians)
Now let's reverse the case the killers should be the locals and the victims should be Fulani what do you think will happen?

U know how Fulanis always move around with their cows and cattle’s na…. So sometimes they decide to stay in some communities and integrate with the indigenes till they start having minor issues which usually degenerates to killings on both sides .

Some of those Fulanis are not even Muslims and there are a lot of middle belt people that are African traditional worshippers ( not necessarily Christian’s ) .

Like I said , it’s not mostly an Islam vs Christianity Issue in most cases

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by vanitybutiwanti: 8:48am On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I think Rivers state government too needs to create more jobs , absorb more people into the civil service as much as the politicians are being pacified sha .
Lagos has the highest number of persons in state civil service in Nigeria, second on the list is Delta and third Rivers state, fubara is about to employ 10k persons, employing persons in the state civil service will not solve the unemployment problem in Nigeria and there's also a limit to the number of persons that can be employed. Are there not unemployed individuals in lagos? Apart from the civil service employment, what has the lagos state government done to reduce unemployment in lagos? Most jobs in lagos was created by the private sector

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2023
Padin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

You also have to consider that they give birth to far more children in the north.

Also the north is more than double the south in land area. For the north to look as crowded as the south it has to have to 2-3 times the population of the south. Population density is not population.

This is an important factor to look at infant mortality is reducing in many places. An average Northern female starts breeding by 15yrs that's almost a 10yrs head start over the average Southern girl. In those 10 most fertile years of her life she fit don drop 4.

Also the land mass is key. The north is not as densely populated as south but the huge land mass is also an advantage

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:47am On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U know how Fulanis always move around with their cows and cattle’s na…. So sometimes they decide to stay in some communities and integrate with the indigenes till they start having minor issues which usually degenerates to killings on both sides .

Some of those Fulanis are not even Muslims and there are a lot of middle belt people that are African traditional worshippers ( not necessarily Christian’s ) .

Like I said , it’s not mostly an Islam vs Christianity Issue in most cases
Okay in most cases
But this attack is on Christmas day
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Capaldi: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2023
Niger a Muslim nation with a bigger landmass than the entire Nigeria what's their population? Northern Nigeria population is a scam.

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2023
Igbos really moved back home for Xmas this year.

A msg sent?
Happy for them 😁

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Padin

U see that part of eating their enemy’ flesh , my friend from Plataeu told me same . He said it is a sign of victory over ur enemies if u eat their flesh in his culture .

I was shocked and asked him if he’s participated in such and he just answered me “ Yes na “ Na since that day I dey fear the guy specially . I just look at him with wonderment .

This Nigeria ehn, some people’ reality different from urs o

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U see that part of eating their enemy’ flesh , my friend from Plataeu told me same . He said it is a sign of victory over ur enemies if u eat their flesh in his culture .

I was shocked and asked him if he’s participated in such and he just answered me “ Yes na “ Na since that day I dey fear the guy specially . I just look at him with wonderment .

This Nigeria ehn, some people’ reality different from urs o

Not just in Plateau. In interstate boundary communities and inter-tribal boundary communities where there are boundary clashes and wars, they eat human flesh.

I'd freaking name a few of them and it might piss people off. The boundary communities in Iwok Ukem community in Etim Ekpo which have been in eternal boundary wars with the Azumini community of Abia eat flesh. Both the Iwok Ukem side and the Azumini axis.

The Ngwa part of Abia State too.

The Ogojas of Cross River and the clashing boundary intersecting communities of Cross River, Ebonyi, and Benue States. On all three parts.

Whenever you read of communities frequently interrupted by interstate and intertribal boundary clashes , just know they are cánnibals too as they eat the flesh of their captives/victims.
It's no coincidence that they are very dexterous with matchetes. If you ever get into a fight with people from these areas and they pull machetes, 99 out of 100, they'd use them to cause grave bodily harm.

Also, in these areas when thieves are caught, the thieves would most likely be cánnibalised. It's an unwritten rule. The lynching or jungle justice is a means to an end. If you ever have cause to visit these areas, don't eat any meat you haven't certified the source. Or don't even spend the night as a rule I adhere to.

Anyone from these areas on this thread who wants to deny this should engage so I'd mention specific names and places.

Cännibalîsm is still very much around in relatively few remote Nìgeriān communities from North to South, in all geopolitical zones.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:19am On Dec 26, 2023
Why Oga Seun come lock my account since yesterday? I not fit login until now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2023
A001:

E go be spam bot. Dem go turn u 2 guest by force. Very annoying.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Igbos really moved back home for Xmas this year.

A msg sent?
Happy for them

Nothing like message sent. Igbos dey always travel 4 Xmas. even people wey no travel some go dey jolly 4 where dey reside business maybe closed

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2023
DissTroy:

Not just in Plateau. In interstate boundary communities and inter-tribal boundary communities where there are boundary clashes and wars, they eat human flesh.

I'd freaking name a few of them and it might piss people off. The boundary communities in Iwok Ukem community in Etim Ekpo which have been in eternal boundary wars with the Azumini community of Abia eat flesh. Both the Iwok Ukem side and the Azumini axis.

The Ngwa part of Abia State too.

The Ogojas of Cross River and the clashing boundary intersecting communities of Cross River, Ebonyi, and Benue States. On all three parts.

Whenever you read of communities frequently interrupted by interstate and intertribal boundary clashes , just know they are cánnibals too as they eat the flesh of their captives/victims.
It's no coincidence that they are very dexterous with matchetes. If you ever get into a fight with people from these areas and they pull machetes, 99 out of 100, they'd use them to cause grave bodily harm.

Also, in these areas when thieves are caught, the thieves would most likely be cánnibalised. It's an unwritten rule. The lynching or jungle justice is a means to an end. If you ever have cause to visit these areas, don't eat any meat you haven't certified the source. Or don't even spend the night as a rule I adhere to.

Anyone from these areas on this thread who wants to deny this should engage so I'd mention specific names and places.

Cännibalîsm is still very much around in relatively few remote Nìgeriān communities from North to South, in all geopolitical zones.
Very valid.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

You also have to consider that they give birth to far more children in the north.

Also the north is more than double the south in land area. For the north to look as crowded as the south it has to have to 2-3 times the population of the south. Population density is not population.
If na by land mass. Saudi, Canada, Australia should be dominating population nau. But non of these countries are in the top 30.

Niger State is massive and it's most definitely not top 5 populated states in Nigeria

I truly believe their population is inflated. Is it more or less than the South who knows? But for starters I don't even believe Nigeria has up to 150m people never mind 200m I also believe the North population thing is a myth there's fewer people than being reported
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
Capaldi:
Niger a Muslim nation with a bigger landmass than the entire Nigeria what's their population? Northern Nigeria population is a scam.
E dey confusing and funny. Niger and Chad. Same people almost similar cultures. X5 the landmass somehow they're several times fewer than Nigerian counterparts.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
A40:
If na by land mass. Saudi, Canada, Australia should be dominating population nau. But non of these countries are in the top 30.

Niger State is massive and it's most definitely not top 5 populated states in Nigeria

I truly believe their population is inflated. Is it more or less than the South who knows? But for starters I don't even believe Nigeria has up to 150m people never mind 200m I also believe the North population thing is a myth there's fewer people than being reported

You are not getting my point.
My point is that if you have a population that is wildly dispersed over a large area it might look to be a smaller population than a similar population spread over an area which is much smaller.
I didn’t mean that large area automatically means large population .

Furthermore the countries you mentioned have large chunks of their land practically unable to sustain food production. My point though was about how low population density and visible crowds can be misleading when there is such a discrepancy in land area.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na dem Tafawa Balewa start the nonsense at the inception of an independent Nigeria . A census was carried out in 1961 and the preliminary results showed the population of the South exceeds that of the North.

Tafawa Balewa’s NPC controlled FG rejected the result and scheduled a recount for 1963. Whether northerners started giving birth in hundreds and thousands between 1961 and 1963 nobody can tell; but somehow the North population suddenly shot over the roof and from that moment population census turned a useful political tool.

This is because if the initial figures were accepted , there would’ve been re-adjustment of federal constituencies which would’ve put more federal seats in the south as against the north.
All indices including energy consumption, commerce point to these figures being fake if you ask me.

To be fair I believe Nigeria population as a whole is inflated not just the North, just that the North's own is the most egregious.

We are very bad at data storage and collation in Nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
Capaldi:
Less than 30million and they are number 1 in fertility rate and highest birth rate world wide. Something is not adding up with our northern brothers.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2023
True true Kizz Daniel really hacked the music industry. Baba push wizkid from number 1 in apple music.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Trevor012(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
A001:
Chief why you nor dey drop posts?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
Capaldi:

Over 80 percent of the land area in Niger lies in the Sahara Desert. What's the population of the entire Sahara Desert?

Northern Nigeria is big and very populated.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
monerozi5590:

Over 80 percent of the land area in Niger lies in the Sahara Desert. What's the population of the entire Sahara Desert?

Northern Nigeria is big and very populated.

It is very funny to use Niger's population and the similarity in culture to question the validity of Northern Nigeria's population. Anyone who understands geography and how population growth happens won't use that example.

Egypt has 110m people but next-door neighbour Libya with a similar Arabicized North African culture has 7m people. Mind you Libya is nearly twice the size of Egypt in land area. E get reason.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

You are not getting my point.
My point is that if you have a population that is wildly dispersed over a large area it might look to be a smaller population than a similar population spread over an area which is much smaller.
I didn’t mean that large area automatically means large population .

Furthermore the countries you mentioned have large chunks of their land practically unable to sustain food production. My point though was about how low population density and visible crowds can be misleading when there is such a discrepancy in land area.
I understand all of that and that's why in my subsequent posts I mentioned commerce and energy consumption as other factors not just population spread

Though landmass was the initial premise to the population being high and I merely used the countries listed as proof that landmass does not guarantee anything.

Population is not even closely related to the size of a place. Countries like Korea and Japan easily prove this
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
A40:
I understand all of that and that's why in my subsequent posts I mentioned commerce and energy consumption as other factors not just population spread

Though landmass was the initial premise to the population being high and I merely used the countries listed as proof that landmass does not guarantee anything.

Population is not even closely related to the size of a place. Countries like Korea and Japan easily prove this

So you guys should stop using Chad and Niger as an example when the local conditions are different.

P.S I didn't use landmass as the premise for the population being more. I used it to explain why the differences in population density might skew the eye test.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

It is very funny to use Niger's population and the similarity in culture to question the validity of Northern Nigeria's population. Anyone who understands geography and how population growth happens won't use that example.

Egypt has 110m people but next-door neighbour Libya with a similar Arabicized North African culture has 7m people. Mind you Libya is nearly twice the size of Egypt in land area. E get reason.
All this proves is the land size of the North does not guarantee population.

You can even see that majority of the Egyptian population are close to the Nile.

Nigeria the only country in the history of humanity with more people in dry arid regions than temperate regions. That math is simply not mathing

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

[/b]
So you guys should stop using Chad and Niger as an example when the local conditions are different.
It was in response to people using landmass as a factor. Stop deliberately misunderstanding me
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

We have a big problem in the North. An average Hausa man gives birth to many children that he can't cater for.

The guys marry early so also their girls. The old man that's suppose to be resting is adding more wives.

Harvest just ended, guess what? Most of them go carry the money go marry. grin grin grin.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2023
A40:
All this proves is the land size of the North does not guarantee population.

You can even see that majority of the Egyptian population are close to the Nile.

Nigeria the only country in the history of humanity with more people in dry arid regions than temperate regions. That math is simply not mathing

Like i said, you didn't understand my point. I didn't use landmass to directly support the population claim. I only used it to explain how the difference in density might lead to a misleading view. Those are 2 different points.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Capaldi: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
Melvyn11:

Less than 30million and they are number 1 in fertility rate and highest birth rate world wide. Something is not adding up with our northern brothers.
Another angle compare the population of Kano and Lagos in 1991 census. Kano was just 100k ahead of Lagos then it was divided and Jigawa was created from Kano with 27 local government. In 2006 Kano state alone is still more than Lagos that wasn't divided while Jigawa that was created from Kano has 4m+ populace lmao. North are something else.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
A40:
It was in response to people using landmass as a factor. Stop deliberately misunderstanding me

LOL It was the wrong example to use in response. The conditions in the major portion of those countries differ greatly from the conditions in most parts of Northern Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3935) (3936) (3937) (3938) (3939) (3940) (3941) ... (4681) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m), raumdeuter and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.