Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1495017 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) ... (4701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:41pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

It is hard to understand the pull musicians and sports stars have over women unless you witness it up close. Most of us cannot withstand the pressure.
\

I think for the sports men it's about the money; they can afford to offer ladies that soft life they desire. But the muscians is what baffles me because not all musicians actually have money.

Even the musicians that have money some of their women leave regular men that are far richer than the musicians to be with the musicians. There was one wome(Titi Masha) who was with one of k1's customer/Benefactor/friends before; she left the man to be with K1 at some point and had kids for him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

No but seriously. Can a lecturer with 10 years' experience be getting 191k per month?

It does not sound true.

I didn't believe it too.

But Nigeria no dey surprise person again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:42pm On Jan 26
izzou:

I might know some of his songs, but i do not think i know him

I was born in the mid 2000s

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:43pm On Jan 26
izzou:

Na joke oh.

But in all honesty, i never knew Wilson.

He had a few hits in the 90s but was big as a live performer at shows and clubs.

Mr Rggamuffin and Original Bad Boy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Jan 26
izzou:

A Nigerian musician?

Mr Raggamufin

He ruled the airwaves in the early 90s
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

U don't know Daniel Wilson ?

izzou na Gen alpha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:45pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

He had a few hits in the 90s but was big as a live performer at shows and clubs.

Mr Rggamuffin and Original Bad Boy.
raumdeuter:

Mr Raggamufin

He ruled the airwaves in the early 90s

Ehen naa

I know Mr Raggamuffin.

Him name na Daniel Wilson?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:45pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

Wahala! Wahala! Wahala!

What is he teaching? Poverty Alleviation?

It can't be true.

I don't want to believe he's chasing clout/catching cruise, If he is I'm sure some of his colleagues on the same cadre will debunk his claim sooner or later.

I really want to undertand how he's surviving with a family on that income. If he no dey sell handouts make I know wetin cause am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:45pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

izzou na Gen alpha

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:47pm On Jan 26
izzou:

Na joke oh.

But in all honesty, i never knew Wilson.

Daniel Wilson na the real casanova, Someone like you sef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVX-VKfysk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4nMgWZyyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lApG6HCdf0w
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:49pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:
\

I think for the sports men it's about the money; they can afford to offer ladies that soft life they desire. But the muscians is what baffles me because not all musicians actually have money.

Even the musicians that have money some of their women leave regular men that are far richer than the musicians to be with the musicians. There was one wome(Titi Masha) who was with one of k1's customer/Benefactor/friends before; she left the man to be with K1 at some point and had kids for him.

Yes, for sports men it is partly the money but not always. You are right though that musicians pull is more and the money matters even less.

I remember Titi Masha's story as well. Daniel Wilson was invited to perform at a Bini big boy's wedding and from the wedding he started lashing the bride until most of the woman's kids belonged to Wilson and not her husband. I am not sure Wilson was richer than the husband.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:50pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

No but seriously. Can a lecturer with 10 years' experience be getting 191k per month?

It does not sound true.

Well thank God for private organizations. Left to govt companies na peanuts
If your uncle or anyone working in govt org and compare their salary with starting salary for entry level in a bank

My starting salary as a fresh grad was more than what Headmistress and high level civil servants earn (Official salary not allowances)

My first salary was 150k almost 20yrs ago, while some top level civil servants salary might not reach that today
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:51pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

Daniel Wilson na the real casanova, Someone like you sef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVX-VKfysk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4nMgWZyyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lApG6HCdf0w
So na this man be raggamuffin shocked
I use to think blacky was him
That blacky too na chronic womaniser
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:52pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:
\

FAME

Women love men who are famous, In many cases money follow fame too. Most of those musicians wer rich at some point and used that time to gather money, even if they are not super rich they will see their size somewhere wey go follow them

With your small salary if you dey interested in multiple women, you fit marry 6 between now and year end
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:54pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

If your uncle or anyone working in govt org and compare their salary with starting salary for entry level in a bank

My starting salary as a fresh grad was more than what Headmistress and high level civil servants earn (Official salary not allowances)

My first salary was 150k, while some top level civil servants salary might not reach that today

Exactly my salary almost 20yrs ago was about 150k so how can a 10yr vet lecturer in this era be getting 191k? Is that not strange?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:56pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

Yes, for sports men it is partly the money but not always. You are right though that musicians pull is more and the money matters even less.

I remember Titi Masha's story as well. Daniel Wilson was invited to perform at a Bini big boy's wedding and from the wedding he started lashing the bride until most of the woman's kids belonged to Wilson and not her husband. I am not sure Wilson was richer than the husband.

OMO! shocked

Na scandalous scandal be this one o. Chai! The husband really suffered.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:58pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

FAME

Women love men who are famous, In many cases money follow fame too. Most of those musicians wer rich at some point and used that time to gather money, even if they are not super rich they will see their size somewhere wey go follow them

With your small salary if you dey interested in multiple women, you fit marry 6 between now and year end

That explains why Portable actually has an ex-olori alaafin and a nollywood actress amongst his women. FAME. It's not really about the money

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:59pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

OMO! shocked

Na scandalous scandal be this one o. Chai! The husband really suffered.

Na iriri aiye. As one bad person once said, "aiye nse iru e".
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

Exactly my salary almost 20yrs ago was about 150k so how can a 10yr vet lecturer in this era be getting 191k? Is that not strange?
Private univ will definitely earn more

I think there is an unwritten rule that govt work/civil service is a welfare for the people to dash money to people not really for productivity

You do the bare minimum, you get paid basic wage to survive, you do anything else to augment your income and govt looks away

You can come late to work, you dont do any appraisal, no KPI, no targets. What you will get away in Alausa or Agodi secratariat, no private org will allow that

Lecturer in public uni, you go on strike at will, you cancel sessions when covenient, you sell handout, you give them notes/ topics from 20yr ago to copy and paste, award grades to your favourites, you nack students, in exchange for smaller salary

When I was working in Naija, by 630am I don reach work(to avoid traffic mostly, My mom will still be in bed, go to work, return by 3pm, eat lunch, observe siesta, visit friends, go to house fellowship, cook dinner, pray, go to bed and I am still at work at 830 to 9pm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:01pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

My first salary was 150k almost 20yrs ago, while some top level civil servants salary might not reach that today

The bold is actually my concern. Some of this man's ex-students who were lucky to make it to companies like PWC,EY, KPM, Sahara Energy, etc will just be looking the man less less.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:05pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

I think there is an unwritten rule that govt work/civil service is a welfare for the people to dash money to people not really for productivity

You do the bare minimum, you get paid basic wage to survive, you do anything else to augment your income and govt looks away

You can come late to work, you dont do any appraisal, no KPI, no targets. What you will get away in Alausa or Agodi secratariat, no private org will allow that

Lecturer in public uni, you go on strike at will, you cancel sessions when covenient, you sell handout, you give them notes/ topics from 20yr ago to copy and paste, award grades to your favourites, you nack students, in exchange for smaller salary

Funny but sadly true.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

The bold is actually my concern. Some of this man's ex-students who were lucky to make it to companies like PWC,EY, KPM, Sahara Energy, etc will just be looking the man less less.

Na govt work so na their way. One of my friend wey we grow up together. I used to think his mom was just a trader because she has shop she reports to every morning till evening

Later my friend told me that her mom works in Ministry of Forestry or maybe Fishery, She has been in the ministry before he was born and the total number of time she has gone to office is less than 30times in his entire life. Maybe once or twice a year yet she dey draw salary monthly

That kain person cannot complain about being underpaid because she doesnt even show up

There will be some civil servants that have been employed 25yrs ago wey no even get office, they draw salary and go about their business

Some peoples job na for National Population commision yet we have done 2 census in my entire life

In my NYSC days in Bauchi almost every Secondary school graduate gets a job with Local govt you can even be living in another state, Your name go dey payroll

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 3:08pm On Jan 26
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:12pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

Maybe i am naive sha but i still don't believe the man's story.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:13pm On Jan 26
raumdeuter:

When I was working, by 630am I don reach work(to avoid traffic mostly, My mom will still be in bed, go to work, return by 3pm, eat lunch, observe siesta, visit friends, go to house fellowship, cook dinner, pray, go to bed and I am still at work at 830 to 9pm

From what I gathered, nowadays LASG is now tough on civil servants unlike what we had in the past; maybe because they pay them better than their counterparts in other parts of the country sha.

For example, when I was in secondary school some teachers who had other businesses like shops, those into supplying egg, those who own schools etc, they hardly come to school talk less of coming for classes. We had some terms in which some teachers would just send notes to the class captain and have the notes copied on the board for us anytime they are supposed to come teach us.
Those teachers would just come one or two weeks in a term to explain all the notes we've been copying, and we take exams.

I learnt things are now different with education inspectors always paying visit to schools every fortnight. Even the Lagos state government has opened a channel of communication that allows parents to report any teacher based on feedback from their kids when they get home. And when a teacher is reported, the principal will be summoned to Alausa along with the erring principal. This in a way makes it imperative for principals to be up and doing in monitoring teachers because they know a teacher's infraction can get them query as well.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 3:15pm On Jan 26
iamoyindamola:
Jesse Jane is dead
I am in tears cry cry cry

https://www.nairaland.com/7981481/jesse-jane-boyfriend-brett-hasenmueller
my favorite pórnstar.. pirates of the Caribbean

Rest in peace 🕊️ to her

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:17pm On Jan 26
afrodoc2:

Maybe i am naive sha but i still don't believe the man's story.

The man said if he becomes a professor he will be earning N440,000.00 . Omo! I don't think he's making it up; I think those people make most of their money from grants and some consultancy works they do for firms and agencies
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 3:19pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

The man said if he becomes a professor he will be earning N440,000.00 . Omo! I don't think he's making it up; I think those people make most of their money from grants and some consultancy works they do for firms and agencies
most of these lecturers are part time workers in other agencies too
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:23pm On Jan 26
Realmrsean:
most of these lecturers are part time workers in other agencies too

Not most, some of them.

If u don't have the needed skill and can sell urself well through networking hunger go hammer u. The man in question was in the process of stepping up in his public speaking side hustle when the bank told him he didn't qualify for N5m loan based on his N191k salary
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:44pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:

So that wicked Chemistry lecturer that was gbenshing all the girls in the name of totorials is making just 440k now even though he is a Prof?

Let me go and laugh at him on Facebook. cheesy

Seriously sha, if this is true how do they expect the lecturers to be motivated? If they go on strike now people on the streets will still blame them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:59pm On Jan 26
BlueRayDick:
https://www.nairaland.com/7982100/mazi-eze-uniport-lecturer-denied

This is tough! Lecturer with PhD and 10 years' experience dey collect N191,000.00 as salary shocked
I shock when I saw that.

Imagine 191k in this economy! Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (4085) (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) ... (4701) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.