Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1581939 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4092) (4093) (4094) (4095) (4096) (4097) (4098) ... (4852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 9:19pm On Jan 28
BlueRayDick:
Iamoyindamola e be like say ur guy Arthur brought his role to reality grin
The way this guy behaved, you go know say he must dey snort for real life.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:20pm On Jan 28
Itsrm:

The are not competitors to normal banks.

1. They still use normal banks for their settlement because they are not allowed to open accounts with the CBN

2. Traditional banks have mastered the art of making money. Bad as the economy was in 2023, they are posting hundreds of billions in profit. I think Zenith bank was on 500bn+ as at end of Q3 2023. Using the logic of most people, you would expect their profit to dwindle seeing as it was the year moniepoint and the likes really came into limelight due to Emefiele and his useless policies.

3. There is nothing moniepoint and the likes are doing that traditional banks cannot do ten times better. The reason they don't bother is because there's not much money to be made from the retail arm of banking. I won't be surprised if moniepoint is actually running at a loss. As past events have shown, these fintech coys are masters of cooking their books

I just dey laugh reading their opinions on traditional banks vs fintechs. These people don’t know how profitable banks like Stanbic IBTC, Access bank, UBA, Zenith , GTB , etc are .

They think fintech processing some million dollar transactions takes anything off the profit of traditional banks .

If they see the kind of facilities those aforementioned banks draw up for oil and gas companies in dollars and how much interest they make on some of them, they will know those fintechs are not even scratching the surface .

In fact, the traditional banks are even a threat to the fintechs because the traditional banks are setting up their own gigs like Wema’s Alat, GTB’s squad , etc just to get their own cut from the fintech space

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:21pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:
The way this guy behaved, you go know say he must dey snort for real life.

The guy na dangbana . It looked as if he acted natural

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28
BlueRayDick:

I just dey laugh reading their opinions on traditional banks vs fintechs. These people don’t know how profitable banks like Stanbic IBTC, Access bank, UBA, Zenith , GTB , etc are .

They think fintech processing some million dollar transactions takes anything off the profit of traditional banks .

If they see the kind of facilities those aforementioned banks draw up for oil and gas companies in dollars and how much interest they make on some of them, they will know those fintechs are not even scratching the surface .

In fact, the traditional banks are even a threat to the fintechs because the traditional banks are setting up their own gigs like Wema’s Alat, GTB’s squad , etc just to get their own cut from the fintech space

One time I sent money from a First bank account to standard chartered and I was charged 30 dollars as transfer charges. I wan cry. That was just tasere money. You can imagine how much they charge those who move hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars.

Covid, recession, Tinubu, Buhari, does not matter. These banks are making hundreds of billions in profit annnually. Infact, people are now starting to ask questions. How come every sector is declaring losses but not banks? They are masters of making money. Fintechs are not pulling any strand of hair from their body.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:44pm On Jan 28
Ibime:

You draw this conclusion based on watching twitter video or on studying their fiscal position?
bro, abians are singing ottis praises day and night..

Otti has been doing tremendous work day and night..

Abians love him..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:45pm On Jan 28
Itsrm:

One time I sent money from a First bank account to standard chartered and I was charged 30 dollars as transfer charges. I wan cry. That was just tasere money. You can imagine how much they charge those who move hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars.

Covid, recession, Tinubu, Buhari, does not matter. These banks are making hundreds of billions in profit annnually. Infact, people are now starting to ask questions. How come every sector is declaring losses but not banks? They are masters of making money. Fintechs are not pulling any strand of hair from their body.

The money Aig-Imokuode and Herbert Wigwe made from just Access bank alone ehn…. Go to V.I & Ikoyi , they are buying all over the place . They have coronation capital , coronation merchant bank, access pensions , coronation registrars, coronation insurance ( in fact they recently had a court ordered meeting to pay off every shareholder of coronation insurance because they want to delist off the stock market and go private ).

Anybody thinking those guys will break a sweat cos of fintechs processing some transactions just dey whine himself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:50pm On Jan 28
BlueRayDick:

The money Aig-Imokuode and Herbert Wigwe made from just Access bank alone ehn…. Go to V.I & Ikoyi , they are buying all over the place . They have coronation capital , coronation merchant bank, access pensions , coronation registrars, coronation insurance ( in fact they recently had a court ordered meeting to pay off every shareholder of coronation insurance because they want to delist off the stock market and go private ).

Anybody thinking those guys will break a sweat cos of fintechs processing some transactions just dey whine himself
it takes time and consistency, if these fintech can maintain this momentum, it's only a mtter of when before they come breathing at these big banks necks..

The people using these traditional banks are mostly old moneys..

Young and tech oriented guys won't near these vampire 🦇 sucking banks for any reason..

Like I said, slow and steady.. wins the race..

Can't remember last time I used these traditional banks..

I also think the fintech needs to build more trust and also establish some physical stores near people..

Peoples fear has always been how to reach these fintechs Incase of gbege
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:52pm On Jan 28
BlueRayDick:

I even heard Access pensions has acquired ARM pensions.

Sometimes I wish I pursued a career in the finance sector right out of uni. Which head I wan begin put Financial accounting, Management accounting, taxation e.t.c at this stage of my life.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:58pm On Jan 28
Realmrsean:
bro, abians are singing ottis praises day and night..

Otti has been doing tremendous work day and night..

Abians love him..

The average man is generally stupid

If Governor borrow $100bln and just fix ariaria market, average man will praise him. It is up to the educated to judge, not some hawkers who have never seen a budget before

Otti borrowed N400bln to increase Abia budget by 3.5x.

Abia state budget was N160bln last year, now N570bln

Aregbesola financial crippling of Osun will be child's play compared to Alex Otti. Time is undefeated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 10:01pm On Jan 28
Ibime:

The average man is generally stupid

If Governor borrow $100bln and just fix ariaria market, average man will praise him. It is up to the educated to judge, not some hawkers who have never seen a budget before

Otti borrowed N400bln to increase Abia budget by 3.5x.

Abia state budget was N160bln last year, now N570bln

Aregbesola financial crippling of Osun will be child's play compared to Alex Otti. Time is undefeated.
but at least he's putting it to some use

How about ikpeazu and orji that borrowed and embezzled? Have they cut his head

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:09pm On Jan 28
Realmrsean:

Ikpeazu budget was N160bln while Otti is N570bln, the difference is borrowing

Ikpeazu is making Otti look like a reckless gambler right now while Otti is making Ikpeazu look like Peter Obi

In 2 to 3 years, Otti will STOP paying salaries and pensions just like all the gamblers before him that went on reckless borrowing and development spree in their first year like Aregbe and Rochas, except that Otti has taken it to an unprecedented level

Not to mention a good portion of that budget will be stolen outright

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28
BlueRayDick:

Banks can even buy these FinTechs.

IMO they're not even hunting the same game. FinTech transactions never reach that level at all to bother banks

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 12:49am On Jan 29
Godx:
Now I see why those normal banks are trying hard to get rid of P2P payments .

$150 billion abi million?

All Nigerian banks put together aren’t worth $150 billion

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:54am On Jan 29
TemporaryHansel:

$150 billion abi million?

All Nigerian banks put together aren’t worth $150 billion

Processing $150bln does not make you worth that. They might collect something like 0.1% from each transaction. I'll even bet they are not yet profitable and have negative net asset value

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:58am On Jan 29
https://www.nairaland.com/7983830/tanya-okpala-wanders-streets-awka

This is just sad. I remember this girl and her sister Katya Okpala representing Nigeria back in the day.

I hear Soludo is organizing rehab for her sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:53am On Jan 29
afrodoc2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7983830/tanya-okpala-wanders-streets-awka

This is just sad. I remember this girl and her sister Katya Okpala representing Nigeria back in the day.

I hear Soludo is organizing rehab for her sha.

I don't remember her. Is she Nduka Odizor dem set?

I doubt. Who are her male contemporaries
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:13am On Jan 29
raumdeuter:

I don't remember her. Is she Nduka Odizor dem set?

I doubt. Who are her male contemporaries

Nah. Nduka Odizor was before their time.

She played in the 90s around Sule Ladipo's time, but she and her sister were very young (teenagers). 2 cute half-caste girls like that. I didn't miss their games. I wanted them to mentor me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:15am On Jan 29
afrodoc2:

Nah. Nduka Odizor was before their time.

She played in the 90s around Sule Ladipo's time, but she and her sister were very young (teenagers). 2 cute half-caste girls like that. I didn't miss their games. I wanted them to mentor me.

grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 6:22am On Jan 29
izzou:

grin

I loved playing tennis growing up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:40am On Jan 29
Zanzibar1:

Mali Niger and Burkina Faso pulling out of ecowas isnt a big deal to ecowas.
They were told to ensure a transition from military grip of power to civilian leadership but those coupist remain adamant so those sanctions were effected.
Mind you, if ECOWAS had followed the US and France demands, The Economic Community of West African States Military Group (ECOMOG) would have invaded those 3 countries. Ecomog will never lose.

And even these sactions by ecowas on Mali, Burkina faso and Niger isn't as strict as many thought it would be

It is not a big deal yet ECOWAS want to negotiate with them. Keep dreaming. ECOMOG would never lose? You think WAGNER PMC is a joke.

You guys are not getting the memo in Africa.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:43am On Jan 29
Zanzibar1:
just 15 - 3. There are 12 more stronger countries. They were a burden anyway

Burden ke? Yet ECOWAS wanted to do military intervention only for NASS to veto such move by Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:13am On Jan 29
Realmrsean:

ibime is telling you that we will all be here 2 years from now when abia workers are placed on 50% montly salary

we have seen it all before

it is a dangerous gamble for a state with poor IGR.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:16am On Jan 29
With zero security coperation from Republic of Niger...fighting insecurity in the NW border region will become more difficult.

Any coup that succeed in the ECOWAS block automatically have three independent countries ready to defend them.

Bye-bye to the Nigeria-Sahara Desert-Algeria-Europe gas pipeline project..

Master strategist who also double as ECOWAS Chairman has failed to restore unity in ECOWAS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:20am On Jan 29
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
With zero security coperation from Republic of Niger...fighting insecurity in the NW border region will become more difficult.

Any coup that succeed in the ECOWAS block automatically have three independent countries ready to defend them.

Master strategist who also double as ECOWAS Chairman has failed to restore unity in ECOWAS.
Don't loud it na
Shebi some people supported attacking them last year

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:22am On Jan 29
In other news
They have increased brt fare with no prior notice
These governments be like devil that will give you one and collect triple still choke you ontop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:26am On Jan 29
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Okpa between me and u ; wetin u want gan gan ?

If tomorrow Nigeria cut ties with the west and we align with China and Russia will it be fine by u irrespective of whether Tinubu is president or not ?

Do u think a military coup backed by Russia and or China will be good for Nigeria to set us back on the path of prosperity ?

PS: I’m only asking because I want to actually have an insight into ur perspective

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:26am On Jan 29
iamoyindamola:
In other news
They have increased brt fare with no prior notice
These governments be like devil that will give you one and collect triple still choke you ontop

How much is it now ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:28am On Jan 29
BlueRayDick:

How much is it now ?
Within mainland is 500
From mainland to island is 700
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:30am On Jan 29
BlueRayDick:

Okpa between me and u ; wetin u want gan gan ?

If tomorrow Nigeria cut ties with the west and we align with China and Russia will it be fine by u irrespective of whether Tinubu is president or not ?

Do u think a military coup backed by Russia and or China will be good for Nigeria to set us back on the path of prosperity ?

PS: I’m only asking because I want to actually have an insight into ur perspective
Btw why is everyone afraid of coup in Nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Jan 29
iamoyindamola:

Btw why is everyone afraid of coup in Nigeria

Well, I can't speak for everyone but what I noticed growing up was that during military era corruption is worse than anything u can ever think of in a civilian government. In military government there's no freedom of speech or freedom of the press and there's no regard for human rights at all.

For corruption, just look at how much Abacha loot is being recovered 26 years after his demise. As regards the freedom of speech, what u see them doing to Sowore in this civilan government is child's play to what military has done to press men in the past. Every week u will see picture of a journalist's young family on the back page of a magazine/newspaper asking for the whereabouts of their breadwinner who is a journalist incarcerated by the military government.

Most people afraid of military coup are apprehensive such dark days may return if a military coup succeeds in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:45am On Jan 29
iamoyindamola:

Within mainland is 500
From mainland to island is 700

Wow! Even with the third mainland bridge traffic now due to the repairs on the bridge?

So they've taken away the subsidy they placed on it earlier? Na wa o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by aieromon(m): 7:49am On Jan 29

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4092) (4093) (4094) (4095) (4096) (4097) (4098) ... (4852) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: islamics(m), Realtord43, TemporaryHansel, BlueRayDiick, GloriousGbola and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.