Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1419862 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) (4265) ... (4612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 2:28pm On Feb 24
Spy360:
Disstroy calm down. All the Akwa Ibom people I know are married to Igbos except one or two.

Igbos basically are the most detribalised among the major tribes in Nigeria and that's a fact. I once met one Ikenna in Lagos, dude was purely Yoruba by every standard. So I asked him if he has ever been to the East, he said yes during festive period. grin

I have also met an Anambra man in Maiduguri and actually thought he was Kanuri. Bros our people have blended every where. Forget this online ginger. Let this stay online please.
Lol

Allow us be the detractors, please.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:30pm On Feb 24
Spy360:
Disstroy calm down. All the Akwa Ibom people I know are married to Igbos except one or two.

Igbos basically are the most detribalised among the major tribes in Nigeria and that's a fact. I once met one Ikenna in Lagos, dude was purely Yoruba by every standard. So I asked him if he has ever been to the East, he said yes during festive period. grin

I have also met an Anambra man in Maiduguri and actually thought he was Kanuri. Bros our people have blended every where. Forget this online ginger. Let this stay online please.
The beef seems forced TBH, but I think he's once mentioned a beef linked to the way Akwa-Ibomites were portrayed in late 90s to early 2000s Nollywood by majority Igbo movie producers...maybe that's where all of this stems from.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Feb 24
izzou:
Is this how you people used to endure abroad?

https://www.nairaland.com/8010422/13-years-old-terrible-want

I understand and sympathize with the man's issue but I disagree with the solution

He is the one who can reform his child and not pass her over to another person

How many of such kids have we seen that parents abroad dropped them in Naija and they became irreparably bad

I don't know anyone with teenage kids especially men how do you handle it when you find your teenage daughters 13, 14 15 etc dating. One guy found out their 14yr old daughter has a bf, he beat her, asked her to breakup with the guy immediately etc threatened to send her back to Africa. I was now wondering if the girl ran away from home and entered into the hand of a love-vendor or child trafficker, what will he say? He destroyed the girls life

I am also not in his shoes so I don't know how I would have dealt with it, it's also easy to pontificate on issues not directly affecting you

But guys if you see your teenage daughter dating how will you approach it

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Feb 24
Meanwhile this is what BlueRayDick did this past week

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3sHzeluf0E/?igsh=azltZHFqeDFqcHNk

No one should interprete
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:45pm On Feb 24
izzou:

I for use Aina like that oh

I trust a "dead" Aina

If he changed a winning team right now his house for dey on fire

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:46pm On Feb 24
raumdeuter:

If he changed a winning team right now his house for dey on fire

Very true
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 2:54pm On Feb 24
Spy360:

Especially for many Nigerians it is strictly online. In real life I see a lot of brotherhood. Look at the protests for example. Na the same people wey dey online dey defend ronulism that are protesting with other members of other tribes.

This is actually true for most people, everything na just online ginger

I was taught the value of valuable relationships quite young and my God! it has made my life so so easy

I learnt that I like most people aligned with their personal pursuit and whoever or whatever will aid them to attain it.not to tribe, religion etc

When I first came here

One naija babe dey gist me say the British dey very racist, say make I dey wary of them, this and that

Thanked her for her advice but disregarded it as shallow mindedness.

Over time I've met different kinds of people

But my closest and most valuable folks are

1 hausa guy from Kano
1 "Yoruba Muslim" from Kwara
1 greek niggga
2 British folks
1 Egyptian babe

None of them is from my tribe.all are allies no detractors.

So I genuinely feel all these are online talks, but if you're foolish enough to take it beyond here, then OYO for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24
raumdeuter:
Meanwhile this is what BlueRayDick did this past week

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3sHzeluf0E/?igsh=azltZHFqeDFqcHNk

No one should interprete
Portable na useless sexist
But why the woman they vex he say talk to my manager
Unless portable didn’t get she wanted to mix business with pleasure
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:57pm On Feb 24
Quick question gentlemen
If naija decide to divide into 3 where will akwa ibom be?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:08pm On Feb 24
izzou:
Is this how you people used to endure abroad?

https://www.nairaland.com/8010422/13-years-old-terrible-want

https://www.nairaland.com/7137380/confused

Hey guys really need ur advice since I can't sleep. This evening when I came back home I met my 11 years old looking so sad , I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing.

Later in the evening when I was sitting ouside in the garden to get some fresh air she followed me and asked me what does bastard mean..
I asked her where did she heard that from and she said her mummy call her that. I asked her what did she do to mummy she said she was carrying her baby sister and she accidentally caused her to hit her head in the door, mummy got angry and call her a bastard .

It really shocked me and I had lied to her it doesn't mean anything bad but she said she knows the meaning because she had googled it. I wasn't happy with my wife no matter what the girl has done she doesn't have to use such words to her , despite being angry I was patient enough waiting for the little ones to go to bed.

I have confronted her calmly but I was so shocked that she has taken it to another level accusing me to be sleeping with my daughter mother.
We had a heated argument which she held me by shirt shouting at me if you are a man hit me without minding she is 7 months pregnant.

She knows hitting woman is not my nature and she was tempting me to hit her so she can call the police on me because she knows that we are in abroad and not in naija anymore. I have quietly left the house for her and I am now sitting in my car cooling down and I don't really know if I want advice but I just felt like to vent. Sorry for the long post

https://www.nairaland.com/5728674/decision-right-wrong
I have 3 wonderful children 9,2, 5 months. My first daughter is from my previous relationship. I recently changed her school to an expensive one 50k more than her old school. My son still attending the old school which is a good school with expensive fees too. My wife is not happy and accused me of loving my daughter more than her kids. I love my children equally and told her I don’t see the point of changing his school Now , he is only 2 in primary one and has promised to change him to the new school when he is in primary one. She has been acting funny and treats my daughter like her worst enemy , which I reported the matter to her mother. She supported my wife and said I should change his school for peace to reign, I was shocked I taught she would talk to my wife and makes her understanding instead she sided her. Anyways I still stick to my decision of not changing his school and my wife is still mad. Is it worth it to move him school ? I hope I’m not wrong with my decision ?

the root of the issue is the posters wife treating the daughter like shit. and the family being in an environment where children have agency
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24
GloriousGbola:

the root of the issue is the posters wife treating the daughter like shit. and the family being in an environment where children have agency
The child having upper hands is now using it against them, the man is the culprit here
They have mess up the teenage girl life she is the monster they made
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:20pm On Feb 24
To whom it may concern

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24
Diggz happy new year, I read sanwoolu have sent you guys away under bridge in obalende
How is onucu your in-law?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Griffon(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24
izzou:

I had to check if i was in the diary section.

Baba dey type to himself, for himself and by
himself.

I don see Airlines and Awolowo as featured episode.

Let it all come out grin

You’re mad grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24
iamoyindamola:
To whom it may concern

If i give you 200,000 to invest, and you have the option of buying dollars, will you discard it?

angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:41pm On Feb 24
Griffon:

You’re mad grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Feb 24
GloriousGbola:

I didn't know it had a background story
But it's not unusual for children growing with one parent who remarried to have a difficult relationship with the step parent.
In regular households where both biological parents are, teenagers normally butt heads with their parents because they think they are adults while their parents still see them as children

What I know is that a child showing such traits and shipping her to Nigeria in a hostel most times don't end well. Yet he can't force the wife to love the child nor the child to accept the wife
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:44pm On Feb 24
izzou:

If i give you 200,000 to invest, and you have the option of buying dollars, will you discard it?

angry
That's not the point
Why do people complain about what they are part of

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:50pm On Feb 24
iamoyindamola:

That's not the point

Will they sell the TV at a lesser amount to the person who kept his own 200k in the bank?

So why not buy the dollar and keep up with inflation. I have always maintained that for the most part, buying dollar to later spend in Naira is more or less keeping up with inflation especially if you're using the money to buy things dependent on exchange rate.

The alternative which is just leaving the money in the bank is not an option.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:51pm On Feb 24
obainojazz:
If you marry person from another tribe…. Your family fit say she’s taking all their son’s money to only her people. grin
But Disstroy is right. Igbo women are extremely nepotistic. Even in their husbands home, they will make sure their husbands relations are never comfortable in the man's home except her own people.

If you check the wives of these governors, the igbos they are bringing into positions are their direct relations..not just any igbo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24
Taguchi:

This is actually true for most people, everything na just online ginger

I was taught the value of valuable relationships quite young and my God! it has made my life so so easy

I learnt that I like most people aligned with their personal pursuit and whoever or whatever will aid them to attain it.not to tribe, religion etc

When I first came here

One naija babe dey gist me say the British dey very racist, say make I dey wary of them, this and that

Thanked her for her advice but disregarded it as shallow mindedness.

Over time I've met different kinds of people

But my closest and most valuable folks are

1 hausa guy from Kano
1 "Yoruba Muslim" from Kwara
1 greek niggga
2 British folks
1 Egyptian babe

None of them is from my tribe.but all are allies no detractors.

So I genuinely feel all these are online talks, but if you're foolish enough to take it beyond here, then OYO for you.

Tribalism especially the online version was introduced to our social interaction by APC and BATists
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:53pm On Feb 24
Unlimited22:
Lol

E don reach today, Maryam Babangida don be Igbo

Tomorrow she will be Deltan.

In 1966, Nzeogwu who is from Okpanam in Delta State was Igbo because e suit the agenda.

Stanley Nwabali who is From Egbema no be Igbo, he's a Rivers man. But if to say them catch am where e dey thief, everybody would have remembered that Egbema people speak Igbo and they cut across both Rivers and Imo states.

Make una continue.
Na I & E window be that na..person wey him mouth lose anyhow. That one just talks for talking sake.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:55pm On Feb 24
iamoyindamola:

That's not the point

You gave an example naa

Na that example I ask you so.

In this present day Nigeria, if you had the option of investing the 200k or saving in dollars, which will you go for?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 3:58pm On Feb 24
Spy360:

LMFAO!!!

When you check people who usually make comment like this, you find out they're the ones who haven't gone beyond their father's door mat.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Feb 24
Spy360:

Tribalism especially the online version was introduced to our social interaction by APC and BATists

When did you become an APC or BATist

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 4:00pm On Feb 24
Spy360:

Lol

I no know the origin sha

But I know politics and election made it worse

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24
izzou:

You gave an example naa

Na that example I ask you so.

In this present day Nigeria, if you had the option of investing the 200k or saving in dollars, which will you go for?
Did you understand the post?
You need a TV and it's 200k but you invested in USD which increase to 600k
You went back to get the TV and it's now 600k
You started blaming the government, for what reason will you be blaming the government

For your question if I need the TV there's no point investing in USD since the inflation will eventually catch up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24
iamoyindamola:
Quick question gentlemen
If naija decide to divide into 3 where will akwa ibom be?

First thing you should understand, this will never happen.
It's into 5 or nothing at all.
North, middlebelt, ND, SW and SE.

Anything outside that 5, forget it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24
Itsrm:

Will they sell the TV at a lesser amount to the person who kept his own 200k in the bank?

So why not buy the dollar and keep up with inflation. I have always maintained that for the most part, buying dollar to later spend in Naira is more or less keeping up with inflation especially if you're using the money to buy things dependent on exchange rate.

The alternative which is just leaving the money in the bank is not an option.

why do you want to put the money in the bank when you have a need
He did the same thing by investing in USD and keep up with inflation
The only issue I have is why blaming the government for our decisions because he was part of the people making USD high

Everyone should be responsible for their action na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24
iamoyindamola:
To whom it may concern

Same way 600k is better than 200k.

Nor be me make forex go up.
State government dey convert FAAC to fx bro.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24
liveLongNprospa:

First thing you should understand, this will never happen.
It's into 5 or nothing at all.
North, middlebelt, ND, SW and SE.

Anything outside that 5, forget it
Bros we have 3 geopolitical zones
All those north west, south south na cup of tea
I wasn't even taught those nonsense in geography
I only know of wazobia
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24
liveLongNprospa:

Same way 600k is better than 200k.

Nor be me make forex go up.
State government dey convert FAAC to fx bro.
You save up 200k for 3 months to make 600k
Same TV you prize for 200k 3 months ago is now 600k
Any difference?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4259) (4260) (4261) (4262) (4263) (4264) (4265) ... (4612) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.