Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1478747 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (4681) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 14
pocohantas:

Yes to Jesus.
Yes to an endorsement deal.

Nothing to say it is a man. She just wan tension Israel and make us talk. Expect his Edo curses in 3,2,1...
Chai, this girl don activate her wicked Edo girl chakra...Israel go cry blood. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 3:42pm On Mar 14
BlueRayDick:

U have a point that one may not get back his profit after 10 years, but u will be getting profit in real time while the business remains profitable na.

I think this whole thing is about money allusion we have in this part of the world sha.

I don't know how to explain it , but let's look at it this way.

1. I have 40m and I invest it into let's say selling roofing sheets. Let's say on a monthly basis I make a profit of N1m from my investment which I plough N500k back into the business and I either spend the balance N500k or reinvest it into the business. Let's say in the 10th year there's recession and somehow I lose all my business capital.

2. U have N40m and u bought a land and after 10 years u can sell the land for N100m.

Some people would think u took the wise decision of investing N40m 10 years ago which now fetch u N100m. But what they are ignoring is the fact that for 9 straight years I had access to profit of N12m annually (From the N1m profit per month) which translated to N108m. If the business didn't crash I would still have N40m capital sef plus the N108m.

Remember I was getting my profit in real time, not waiting for 10 years when N40m of yesteryears may even worth more than N100m of today
If LASG take over the land nkor grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14
Emaprince:
Lagos State government have legit spooked long-term investments in the states real estate sector with this their demolishing nonsense, and it doesn't matter whether people are closing real estate deals today or tomorrow...average investor is spooked.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:50pm On Mar 14
Emaprince:

Or make omo onile resell ur land give army general grin

Na to leave the battle for God

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14
izzou:

The business sef fit don fold up at at today.

My dad was a major importer of office equipment in the 80s and 90s and business was thriving until drug barons started using drug funds to import same goods and selling at ridiculous prices to quickly recoup their ill-gotten money. He couldn't keep up and got chased out of business.

Today at old age, he is feeding off his investments in properties and his children. Business shut down and those millions invested then in blue chip stocks are now cowries.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Mar 14
Any child of God to summarize what is happening with Erisco food saga to me?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14
raumdeuter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHt-DrUUdRc?si=Mn-xVkcJKT6KstRj

there you go, the ceo of that company giran gan
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:16pm On Mar 14
raumdeuter:

If you can settle for lapsed muslim...

One lady bought erisco tomato paste, was not happy with it and did social media post criticising the product. Should not be a big deal. But the owner of erisco foods maybe frustrated by different business challenges took it personally and did a Nigerian big man thing. Got her arrested.

The lady ran to the courts of social media to plead her case. One would have thought oga erisco would have died the matter as it is now in SM and putting him in a bad light, but he is going through with the prosecution.

As a naija matter twitter has raised money for her defense and the case is in court. That is a very very rough summary.

I believe BlueRayDick really followed the story when it first broke.

The erisco guy no try sha.should probably have made a show of inviting her to their factory or something and make his product go viral. But I guess he is not that media savvy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:30pm On Mar 14
BlueRayDick:

grin grin

But some landlords are cool like that. I know someone too who was lucky like that for a long time like that too. Na under Buhari administration the baba later increase the rent o

Leave them. They don't know what is called grace

Most people here na heathen cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:33pm On Mar 14
Itsrm:

Leave them. They don't know what is called grace

Most people here na heathen cheesy

Cut soap and stop telling us about grace angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DonPablo9511: 4:35pm On Mar 14
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:37pm On Mar 14
GloriousGbola:

One lady bought erisco tomato paste, was not happy with it and did social media post criticising the product. Should not be a big deal. But the owner of erisco foods maybe frustrated by different business challenges took it personally and did a Nigerian big man thing. Got her arrested.

The lady ran to the courts of social media to plead her case. One would have thought oga erisco would have died the matter as it is now in SM and putting him in a bad light, but he is going through with the prosecution.

As a naija matter twitter has raised money for her defense and the case is in court. That is a very very rough summary.

The erisco guy no try sha.should probably have made a show of inviting her to their factory or something and make his product go viral. But I guess he is not that media savvy.

The man is crude and doesn't know when to switch an "L" to a winning situation. He thinks the lady was sponsored by his competitors to scatter his business reputation and has voiced to crush her and whoever her sponsors are; but he's not being reasonable enough to ask himself the vital question "At what cost "?

He most likely thinks social media people boycotting his brand will have little effect on his business; but he doesn't know the damage the human right abuse tag he's now getting can do to his business.

Just yesterday I saw official amnesty international (Nigeria) page condemning the harassment and human rights abuse on the part of Erisco. The man obviously doesn't know tags like that will rob him of some international business deals. Tomorrow he might think of a big business idea and he needs fund from international finance organizations; the way they will deny him due to this kind issues ehn.....He will be shocked. Those organizations lasan, they follow Nigerian news steady. People that if they just hear there was an incident in ur factory and ur staff are protesting unfair treatment or unfair condition of service, they may stop ur next tranche of funding if u don't resolve the issue sharperly.

I think people like that man should employ a young business person to act as the face of the company while he remains the CEO/Man. Running a big business like that goes beyond wearing ankara suit and trouser up and down on Arise TV
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14
iamoyindamola:
Are you sure the landlord is not your inlaw undecided undecided

My first 3-6 months in Onitsha, I was surviving on noodles, bread and Akara, fruits and any other thing that does not require cooking.

I remember saying it here I would not have married a woman who is not from my tribe and can cook our yoruba delicacies the way yorubas cook it.

Me and the man no relate anywhere. Na grace grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:39pm On Mar 14
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

Don't tell me baba still go do testimony for church ?
So God no fit protect person again?

undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:40pm On Mar 14
Ellexy:
So God no fit protect person again?

undecided

No be me be the pastor wey no believe baba story na grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14
No economy can survive Nigerian politicians..

#212bn for street lights 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:48pm On Mar 14
BlueRayDick:

Another angu!

Make e no be like all this Yoruba radio programme wey dem dey share stories of their listeners.

There was one like that, the man sent in his story and asked for advice. The man travelled abroad but had issues with his papers so he was deported back to naija tho with some cash. Before he arrived , he asked his wife to look for a more conducive apartment they can stay as a family for which he provided cash after which they moved in.

Years down the line, baba was doing well in his business and one thing led to the other , he wanted to meet the landlord to discuss renovations of the building , but his wife only provided the agent number which she claims is the one she pays to yearly. The man met the agent and after probing and probing, the agent gave him phone number of the landlord who turned out to be his father-in-law. The man now met the father-in-law to confront him man-to-man say wetin dey sup?

The father-in-law had no choice but to open up that the wife actually owns the building but cos she knows her husband may not want to live in the house built by her out of pride, she had to use the agent as decoy and the agent deals with the father-in-law who didn't disclose his relationship with his daughter to the agent.

The man is angry with the fact that he has been paying rent to his wife for years . He dey ask for advice for radio programme.
Nawa oo.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:03pm On Mar 14
airmark:

My dad was a major importer of office equipment in the 80s and 90s and business was thriving until drug barons started using drug funds to import same goods and selling at ridiculous prices to quickly recoup their ill-gotten money. He couldn't keep up and got chased out of business.

Today at old age, he is feeding off his investments in properties and his children. Business shut down and those millions invested then in blue chip stocks are now cowries.

Properties can at least, ensure you don't loss totally.

Any other business in Nigeria na Insha allah
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14
Erisco (Nagiko) paste sef na cheap of the cheapest.

I doubt if 90% of their customers have an Internet enabled phone.

Na why that man dey shout.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 5:17pm On Mar 14
airmark:

Please help me tell them, there is a clear difference between building house for luxury vs investment. Most parents advise build 6 Flats, live in one generate income from the remaining 5, whilst watching your investment appreciate with time.

Not long ago here we discussed the Nigerian Stock Market crash, where so called blue-chip stocks became worthless.

Also, it's always advised to have a diversified investment portfolio, which should include property investment.

Sometime last year had discussion here on property investment with the Dayo, Ibime and a few others I had bought an apartment in PH1, whilst appreciation in current prices has ensured that Naira devaluation had no impact, If my projections prove to be right, I would achieve 5% RoI with added benefits of personal usage.

Like with any other INVESTMENT, due diligence is required to ascertain suitability, so the olden days advice is still valid today IMHO.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:36pm On Mar 14
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:45pm On Mar 14
Reason why network has been down.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14
Olowunl01:

Please help me tell them, there is a clear difference between building house for luxury vs investment. Most parents advise build 6 Flats, live in one generate income from the remaining 5, whilst watching your investment appreciate with time.

Not long ago here we discussed the Nigerian Stock Market crash, where so called blue-chip stocks became worthless.

Also, it's always advised to have a diversified investment portfolio, which should include property investment.

Sometime last year had discussion here on property investment with the Dayo, Ibime and a few others I had bought an apartment in PH1, whilst appreciation in current prices has ensured that Naira devaluation had no impact, If my projections prove to be right, I would achieve 5% RoI with added benefits of personal usage.

Like with any other INVESTMENT, due diligence is required to ascertain suitability, so the olden days advice is still valid today IMHO.

Spot on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:58pm On Mar 14
iamoyindamola:

https://yotu.be/xHt-DrUUdRc?si=Mn-xVkcJKT6KstRj

there you go, the ceo of that company giran gan
GloriousGbola:

I can see how the Naija factor came into this. Instead of the Mr Eric taking legal matters the normal way, he went about it the Naija big men route, Say I will show you the extent of my power

The lady when she was unsatisfied with the product instead of channeling the complain the right way, she went to Twitter and claimed their products were killing people

I have always had issues with jumping on SM to take down people and their means of livelihood. This Erisco guy probably taken loan which he guaranteed with personal asset. And you just want to flippantly take it down. If you don't like the product buy another one. or reach out to SON(Standard Organization of Nigeria)

No be everybody get chill for SM madness, you move mad, they follow you move mad. Whatever right you think you have, Some people are crazier and can touch you

Oga Eric used his power as a big man on ground, Chioma use her power in Social Media

Oga Eric please have mercy on her and forgive, Na small pikin she be
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:13pm On Mar 14
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 14
raumdeuter:

I can see how the Naija factor came into this. Instead of the Mr Eric taking legal matters the normal way, he went about it the Naija big men route, Say I will show you the extent of my power

The lady when she was unsatisfied with the product instead of channeling the complain the right way, she went to Twitter and claimed their products were killing people

I have always had issues with jumping on SM to take down people and their means of livelihood. This Erisco guy probably taken loan which he guaranteed with personal asset. And you just want to flippantly take it down. If you don't like the product buy another one. or reach out to SON(Standard Organization of Nigeria)

No be everybody get chill for SM madness, you move mad, they follow you move mad. Whatever right you think you have, Some people are crazier and can touch you

Oga Eric used his power as a big man on ground, Chioma use her power in Social Media

I'm sure the man has been asking himself in his quiet moments why it's yet to get to this stage, where he'd administer forgiveness on her the usual Nigerian big man style, with lots of showy peity and enough dismissiveness to show that she's a riffraff not really worth his time.

The Erisco man is clearly out of touch with the times, and he's using his stubborn head to Bleep his business up... Na e lawyer wey wan go front of judge prove now "ki***ling" necessarily means killing, and how a customer that paid for an item doesn't have the right to post their review of said item.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:33pm On Mar 14
Theflint1:
I'm sure the man has been asking himself in his quiet moments why it's yet to get to this stage, where he'd administer forgiveness on her the usual Nigerian big man style, with lots of showy peity and enough dismissiveness to show that she's a riffraff not really worth his time.

The Erisco man is clearly out of touch with the times, and he's using his stubborn head to Bleep his business up... Na e lawyer wey wan go front of judge prove now "ki***ling" necessarily means killing, and how a customer that paid for an item doesn't have the right to post their review of said item.

U get.

The man was right to have had her sued, but e supposed don tell police to step down the petition after she don show remorse.

Now the story has been flipped that he's harassing her . Except he wants to continue to operate on the local scene , this story will still hurt his business one way or another
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:36pm On Mar 14
raumdeuter:
Happy birthday Blueraydick

https://www.nairaland.com/8030407/portable-celebrate-30th-birthday-picture

3 out of 4 Portable WAGs showered him love ; na only the one Kokozaria collect no show love .

See wetin man do man 😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by pocohantas(f): 6:46pm On Mar 14
DonPablo9511:
https://www.nairaland.com/8029989/why-ladies-above-35-years#128929083

Pocohantas

Good afternoon

Thanks and noted.
I will do as advised.

Good evening!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14
raumdeuter:

I don't think chioma did anything wrong if she have good fire power she will win the case and Mr Eric will pay heavily for damages
He's silly and mad, her criticism were constructive enough
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14
Theflint1:

He's damaged the little reputation his company has
That was my first time of hearing erisco by the way

(1) (2) (3) ... (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) (4426) (4427) ... (4681) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.