Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,402 members, 7,843,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1513417 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4438) (4439) (4440) (4441) (4442) (4443) (4444) ... (4722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 1:49pm On Mar 18
joseph1832:
William has a son, George. So nothing for Harry and his Suit wife. grin
Na so American toto go chase 2 men from that throne. 😂😂

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 1:50pm On Mar 18
larride:

Oga Ibime na Agba Accountant, judicious use of resource is part of our training. grin

I need that Ibime formular right now because the maths no dey maths well for my side at all o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:52pm On Mar 18
diggz:

Bro hafa? Una Osama try for una yesterday o.

I dey chief.

I don tire for Erik Bin Laden. We happy for the win though.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 1:59pm On Mar 18
akwesenana:
Na so American toto go chase 2 men from that throne. 😂😂
Na wetin anything American sabi do be Dat. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:14pm On Mar 18
BlueRayDick:
@Iamoyindamola Is the new episode of shogun out? If yes, please share link
It's every Tuesday
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:40pm On Mar 18
larride:

Fakes news and all.

joseph1832:
I'm reading online its fake and it emanated from Russia.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Roth/status/1769696573259210965?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

grin

......an official handle has finally reported it as fake.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:42pm On Mar 18
Ellexy:
If I speak....

grin

.....na water dey make me high bruh not shayo. BTW, speak your mind ó jàre. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18
BlueRayDick:

Na wa o. I'm not even sure we've seen any official statement from the Delta state government on the matter.

This is the kind of time the people need their governor

This matter Don dey ground since but as usual governor nor too send and even till now wey the matter Don cast, the idiot still nor send.

After releasing one weak ass statement, them go fold hand.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18
So apparently the gist is the other community had asked the army to come knowing that it would cause wahala and the army would react the way they did.

Hopefully using the opportunity to grab more land after the army has chased the community people away.

Now we wait for story from the community that is being accused
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:55pm On Mar 18
diggz:

Hafa?! which type cars depreciation no dey more than £1.5k per year? Abeg I need this info asap. Thanks.

Simple. I bought my current car last year for £14k. If I sell it now. I'd expect to receive £12.5k for it, achieving my aim. Or I'd expect to run it for 9.3 years to its death to achieve that depreciation target. That's the value I placed on motoring.

Midrange cars around 4 to 5 years old achieve this easily. I drive Honda CRV late 2018 model.

My last car did £1k depreciation from 2017 when I bought it to 2023. I sold it for £6k less than I bought it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:55pm On Mar 18
liveLongNprospa:

This matter Don dey ground since but as usual governor nor too send and even till now wey the matter Don cast, the idiot still nor send.

So from the little I can gather from these letters/petition, that Patrick guy and his group are the ones responsible for the attack on the the soldiers right?

More like the soldiers were going there to mediate over the issue between the Patrick guy's community and the other community right?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18
liveLongNprospa:
So apparently the gist is the other community had asked the army to come knowing that it would cause wahala and the army would react the way they did.

Hopefully using the opportunity to grab more land after the army has chased the community people away.

Now we wait for story from the community that is being accused

My question is why urhobo dey mostly lose lands to other tribes for delta state🤔?
They've allegedly lost to itsekiri which led to the wado city stuff.
Will find out more sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18
OasisX:

grin

......an official handle has finally reported it as fake.
I hear you.

Just take am easy with spreading unverified/fake news. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:37pm On Mar 18
joseph1832:
I hear you.

Just take am easy with spreading unverified/fake news. grin

grin

.........LOL! You want serve Oasis for their lunch bá?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:51pm On Mar 18
liveLongNprospa:
Bruuuh.

Drtv has covered what happened

https://twitter.com/Urchilla01/status/1769724500193542423?t=US8pFiUViicVviQqifbylw&s=19

From the DRTV news report I think the major issue Nigerian government needs to put an end to is the unreasonable practise of military men doing civil police work. In an ideal society, if two communities have issues it is the job of the police to maintain law and order; not members of the military.

It's actually policemen that ought to have gone for the "peace talk" and possibly invite the community leaders for further questioning. I'm sure the community members perceive they may not see their leaders for a long time if they allow them to be taken away by the militray; hence they resisted their arrest.

That being said, the tweet that accompany that DRTV video makes absolute no sense to me. So the poster is claiming military men were not killed simply because the army has not listed all the names of 16 officers killed ? Which dumb reasoning is that? So the army will embarrass itself by claiming it's senior officers were killed by community members when it never happened?

The members of the community who spoke in the video may be telling their story from the little they know claiming they didn't attack the soldiers while in the community, but they can't speak for their fellow community members who are militants who may have ambushed the soldiers after the initial face-off

If I were to be the Delta state Governor, I will be on the next flight to Abuja to meet the president and beg him to ask the soldiers halt on any offensive in that area for now. Beg the president to allow an independent panel of inquiry be set up so the military and members of the community can all come forward, tell their respective side of the story; so as to get a fair idea of what exactly happened. It appears there are many sides to the whole story.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:56pm On Mar 18
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) has earmarked $125 million to facilitate the Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development Project.

This strategic initiative, revealed in a statement by the IsDB, is part of a broader $225 million funding approval designed to propel new development ventures. 

Chaired by the esteemed H.E. Dr Muhammad Al Jasser, President and Group Chairman of IsDB, the bank’s 354th meeting of the Board of Executive Directors saw the green light given to two pivotal projects aimed at fortifying socio-economic growth and sustainability in critical sectors. 

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/18/abia-state-to-get-125-million-from-islamic-development-bank-for-roads/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 3:59pm On Mar 18
Blow up oil pipelines and the president will withdraw his soldiers back to wherever he sent them from. Simple.

Have Deltan militants become weak or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by diggz: 4:06pm On Mar 18
Ibime:

Simple. I bought my current car last year for £14k. If I sell it now. I'd expect to receive £12.5k for it, achieving my aim. Or I'd expect to run it for 9.3 years to its death to achieve that depreciation target. That's the value I placed on motoring.

Midrange cars around 4 to 5 years old achieve this easily. I drive Honda CRV late 2018 model.

My last car did £1k depreciation from 2017 when I bought it to 2023. I sold it for £6k less than I bought it.

Thanks for replying so quickly. Chaiiii…….I hail thee!!!! You be really AgbaAccountant!

Meanwhile, am I safe to say that this can only work for used cars? The reason I ask is because I bought my madam a brand new Audi in 2021, and the current market cost is almost half the price on Auto sites and less than half if we're looking to trade it in with Audi.

Do you consider the mileage on the vehicle when calculating the cost per year? Also, what’s your definition of midrange cars? anything below £50k?

I am currently in the market to buy a car. Is there a way to purchase the car one desires without losing a significant amount of monetary value, as in your case? Or do you generally recommend avoiding brand new cars and opting for used vehicles instead?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18
TemporaryHansel:
Blow up oil pipelines and the president will withdraw his soldiers back to wherever he sent them from. Simple.

Have Deltan militants become weak or what?

But the Nigerian Government is not the enemy here.

It is a fellow Deltan community that used the Military to oppress their brothers

So even if the Army decides to read Matthew 6 and Psalm 51 just to forget, one of the communities will still plan to oppress the other one.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18
Incognito9:
Tinubu will handle economy

Shettima will handle security

wink

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18
Ibime howfar you fit confirm as per your deep ties 😮‍💨

https://twitter.com/PIDOMNIGERIA/status/1769744130568052844?t=15yqC6DFjUwBvzOsXVt6Hw&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:30pm On Mar 18
BlueRayDick:

From the DRTV news report I think the major issue Nigerian government needs to put an end to is the unreasonable practise of military men doing civil police work. In an ideal society, if two communities have issues it is the job of the police to maintain law and order; not members of the military.

It's actually policemen that ought to have gone for the "peace talk" and possibly invite the community leaders for further questioning. I'm sure the community members perceive they may not see their leaders for a long time if they allow them to be taken away by the militray; hence they resisted their arrest.

That being said, the tweet that accompany that DRTV video makes absolute no sense to me. So the poster is claiming military men were not killed simply because the army has not listed all the names of 16 officers killed ? Which dumb reasoning is that? So the army will embarrass itself by claiming it's senior officers were killed by community members when it never happened?

The members of the community who spoke in the video may be telling their story from the little they know claiming they didn't attack the soldiers while in the community, but they can't speak for their fellow community members who are militants who may have ambushed the soldiers after the initial face-off

If I were to be the Delta state Governor, I will be on the next flight to Abuja to meet the president and beg him to ask the soldiers halt on any offensive in that area for now. Beg the president to allow an independent panel of inquiry be set up so the military and members of the community can all come forward, tell their respective side of the story; so as to get a fair idea of what exactly happened. It appears there are many sides to the whole story.

Lmao.. Again you are hoping for the governor to act like he has sense.
I would be surprised if he does that.
As for the FG putting a stop to that, well that won't happen.
Infact it's not even on the table considering the way Tinubu has given the soldiers go ahead according to reports from people like festus Keyamo (who is a deltan and is supposed to use his voice to call for a more intelligent approach)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18
Them dan back forest -4
Relegation this season go bloody
I wonder why city and CFC are left alone
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:44pm On Mar 18
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. Again you are hoping for the governor to act like he has sense.
I would be surprised if he does that.
As for the FG putting a stop to that, well that won't happen.
Infact it's not even on the table considering the way Tinubu has given the soldiers go ahead according to reports from people like festus Keyamo (who is a deltan and is supposed to use his voice to call for a more intelligent approach)

The whole thing just get as e be.

That PIDOMNIGERIA account on twitter is claiming an Ijaw community in Bayelsa was attacked on 17th March 2024 as a reprisal for the attack on soldiers in Delta state.

Wetin dey happen gan gan? Did they trace the attackers to Bayelsa ni or what?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Mar 18
diggz:

Thanks for replying so quickly. Chaiiii…….I hail thee!!!! You be really AgbaAccountant!

Meanwhile, am I safe to say that this can only work for used cars? The reason I ask is because I bought my madam a brand new Audi in 2021, and the current market cost is almost half the price on Auto sites and less than half if we're looking to trade it in with Audi.

Do you consider the mileage on the vehicle when calculating the cost per year? Also, what’s your definition of midrange cars? anything below £50k?

I am currently in the market to buy a car. Is there a way to purchase the car one desires without losing a significant amount of monetary value, as in your case? Or do you generally recommend avoiding brand new cars and opting for used vehicles instead?

That will depend on the cost price of the car. and how old the car is Most brand new cars depreciate by 20% first year and 15% after

The Accountant thing is not to buy a new car, buy like 3-4yrs old, when the value might have reduced by 50% then rock it

But as per say you be chairman you no fit dey ride used car, So tear rubber all the way like that Toyota Highlander wey you use send funlord away

50K Pounds car na agba baller car. Thats a $65k. I guess mid range might be 35k and below
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblemm: 4:54pm On Mar 18
bia MTN no be so my data dey finish pre-cable fiasco 😐

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 5:05pm On Mar 18
Ballzproblemm:
Please bear with us grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:15pm On Mar 18
Ballzproblemm:
This ivory coast and their wahala self. Flogged us in afcon final to give us pain both home and abroad now their mammy water has gone to chop innocent sea cable giving us back to back problem again, the good thing this time is it's also affecting our bredas so they can't make noise this time.
By the way Donjazzet thanks for that vpn update you dropped here the thing na elele.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 5:16pm On Mar 18
RESORT TO PROPAGANDA BY OKUAMA COMMUNITY IN THE FACE OF GRUESOME MURDER OF TROOPS ON PEACE MISSION IS CALLOUS AND TOTALLY CONDEMNABLE

The unfortunate killing of troops of 181 Amphibious Battalion of the Nigerian Army (NA), while on a peaceful and mediatory mission, after a reported case of communal clash between Okuama and Okoloba Communities in Ughelli South and Bomadi LGAs of Delta State respectively is not only despicable but should be unreservedly condemned by all.

These were troops committed to peace and security of lives and property of citizens and non-citizens alike in the Niger Delta Region, murdered in cold blood by an armed youth gang of Okuama Community, in the most gruesome, heartless and cruel manner and went ahead to sacrilegiously debase their remains by ripping out their hearts by the very people they were there to protect.

Regrettably, the community complicit in this dastardly act has resorted to media propaganda and shenanigans, rather than engage in a positive effort to fish out the perpetrators of this heinous crime. This again is a clear indication that the murder of the troops was a communally orchestrated attack against legitimate forces.

The falsehood being peddled by these criminals and their cohorts to whip up sentiments and sway the public to coverup, endorse or support the outrageous criminal acts of their armed youth gang should be disregarded in its entirety, it is only a ridiculous attempt at justifying their crime, rather than turn in themselves to security agencies. There is no amount of propaganda that would arm-twist the narrative, they are complicit and must be ready to face the wrath of the law.

While law-abiding citizens are assured that there will be no reprisal on the part of the troops, we enjoin all to go about their normal activities, even as ongoing efforts are scaled up to positively identify and isolate the criminals to account for their atrocious deeds.

The Chief of Army of Staff, Lt Gen Toareed Lagbaja, while commiserating with the families of the officers and soldiers who lost their lives, has directed that no stone should be left unturned until the perpetrators of this gruesome acts are apprehended to face the full wrath of the law. Troops are determined to get to these criminals, there is certainly no hiding place for them.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Major General
Director Army Public Relations
18 March 2024

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:19pm On Mar 18
liveLongNprospa:

That sheriff guy is trying to gradually overtake okowa in foolishness but let us see till the end.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:25pm On Mar 18
raumdeuter:

That will depend on the cost price of the car. and how old the car is Most brand new cars depreciate by 20% first year and 15% after

The Accountant thing is not to buy a new car, buy like 3-4yrs old, when the value might have reduced by 50% then rock it

But as per say you be chairman you no fit dey ride used car, SO tear rubber all the way like that Toyota Highlander wey you use send funlord away

50K Pounds car na agba baller car. Thats a $65k. I guess mid range might be 35k and below

Diggz na agba man. Na only motor asiko e dey drive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4438) (4439) (4440) (4441) (4442) (4443) (4444) ... (4722) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, BlueRayDick, Theflint1(m), popizaino(m), larride(m), raumdeuter, GrammarNazi1(m), Shegzdave and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.