Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1590095 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4704) (4705) (4706) (4707) (4708) (4709) (4710) ... (4870) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:59pm On May 24
seankafor:
people underate the power of money and power in Nigeria

Fubara has the money and the power, the battle is still long.. if he plays his card right , he will collect all those useless structures from wike..

Person get the structure before wike took it, person go still take an after wike..

Who would've thought wike himself will start struggling to remove his stooge this early..

If he was the El Dorado, he would've removed fubara in one swoop.. but here fubara stands, doing his things and calling the shots above his headmaster..

Make tinubu sack wike tomorrow, goner will be his name
Na money be the koko, and as long as na Fubara get that money, and he continues to show his capacity for violence, there's little Wike and his urchins can do. Wike is a very useful idiot for BAT, so I doubt he'd do anything overt to weaken Wike's influence...he has Wike exactly where he wants him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:00pm On May 24
Theflint1:
As long as Lagos state gave approval for properties to be built on the path of the road, somebody would eventually be hurt when the project eventually commenced. The project has been conducted hastily, and the EIA which would have given everybody fair warning of what was to be done, and carried relevant stakeholders along to limit damage was never done, all because Tinubu wants his son and his French buddies to cashout.

The Chagoury's are Lebanese not French. In fact they are Nigerian-Lebanese cos the Gilbert guy was born in Lagos grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:02pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Fair enough. Would have been damning if they demolished Landmark for nothing. Just saying they could have made one more exception.

grin

.....you also believe Landmark is demolished?! LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:05pm On May 24
OasisX:

grin

.....you also believe Landmark is demolished?! LOL!

Not entirely obviously.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:06pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Not entirely obviously.

grin

......not entirely or just the shanties and the pool only?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 1:09pm On May 24
BlueRayDick:

Umahi na clown. Engineer wey dey commence project without carrying out EIA.

It is their craze to have something to point to as project that made them rush in quickly starting the project without doing necessary assessment. Make we sha thank God that all those telecos shouted in the newspaper few weeks ago, if not maybe we no go get access to internet now except people wey dey use starlink
starlink money wey most average Nigerians no dey see as annual income 😑

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:09pm On May 24
OasisX:

grin

......not entirely or just the shanties and the pool only?!

Na people business you dey call shanties? The video of the demolition is all over YouTube. Have you watched any of them?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:11pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Na people business you dey call shanties? The video of the demolition is all over YouTube. Have you watched any of them?

grin

.....bro, the building ain't touched. Pls drop the video that confirms the building is demolished.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 1:18pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Maybe na the building dey make tourists and beach goers dey come landmark before...cornvicts are funny people.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:18pm On May 24
grin

.......Oops! Thought the Project won't exceed Lagos?! Na the re-alignment be the koko. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:25pm On May 24
Theflint1:
Maybe na the building dey make tourists and beach goers dey come landmark before...cornvicts are funny people.

As I see "shanties", I just tire.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Makes it less bad but does not exonerate them. If they can make an exception for the submarine cable, why not do the same for landmark and other businesses.

If they make exception for other business, why shouldnt they make exception for every property and just not do the road

So if you make exceptions for coastal road, tell me Which infrastructure will you build in Nigeria by making such exceptions everywhere you go
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:27pm On May 24
Itsrm:

As I see "shanties", I just tire.

grin

......Ẹ̀gbọ́n, where the video na?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:29pm On May 24
raumdeuter:

If they make exception for other business, why shouldnt they make exception for every property and just not do the road

So if you make exceptions for coastal road, tell me Which infrastructure will you build in Nigeria by making such exceptions everywhere you go

So why make any at all? They should have gone ahead and shutdown the submarine cables.

Besides, like I said earlier, the owner of landmark in one of the interviews I watched said there's another path which was even the initial plan that they could have used that will less impact on people and businesses.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:31pm On May 24
Itsrm:

So why male any at all? They should have gone ahead and shutdown the submarine cables.

Besides, like I said earlier, the owner of landmark in one of the interviews I watched said there's another path which was even the initial plan that they could have used that will less impact on people and businesses.

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:34pm On May 24
OasisX:

grin

......Ẹ̀gbọ́n, where the video na?!

The building on its own does not make landmark.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:36pm On May 24
izzou:

grin grin grin

That egbon needs Jesus grin

They should have compensated the telcos like they did to the owners of the "shanties"
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:40pm On May 24
Itsrm:

So why make any at all? They should have gone ahead and shutdown the submarine cables.

Submarine cables affect more people and its impactful to the nation than any other business in that axis

So if they are destroying my property in Ilaje, I can also tell the minister you can save my mansion but make a detour and go for Mr Itsrm property since its of lesser value?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:41pm On May 24
Itsrm:

They should have compensated the telcos like they did to the owners of the "shanties"

I don't even see what you said that needs defending.

Other beaches, aside Landmark were demolished. Were they shanties too?

Since there was a possibility of shifting the road , why not at least save people's businesses too?

I am surprised they didn't decide to cut the cables.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:41pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Telcos have national economic impact, All communications and probably internet traffic gets affected which affects almost everyone

Landmark for example, how many people on this thread have visited Landmark before

What next? If a road is to pass through Kainji dam, we should destroy it too

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:45pm On May 24
izzou:

Since there was a possibility of shifting the road , why not at least save people's businesses too?

Its like comparing NNPC refinery or a Power plant on the path to a hotel or primary school
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:52pm On May 24
raumdeuter:

Its like comparing NNPC refinery or a Power plant on the path to a hotel or primary school

The road would have shifted anywhere as long as those cables were there.

The 2 billion spent on compensation would probably have been saved or channelled into another part of it.

If you would shift a road because of a refinery, why not let the hotel and Primary school be? Why demolish them, then shift the road at the refinery's gate?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:53pm On May 24
izzou:

You get the point. End of discussion
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:54pm On May 24
izzou:

Even though i was not in support of the demolition of the Landmark property and especially the hurried way it was carried out, all hands are not equal. You can't compare the impact of saving a man's personal leisure business to saving submarine communication cables that serve millions of people every day.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:56pm On May 24
raumdeuter:

Submarine cables affect more people and its impactful to the nation than any other business in that axis

So if they are destroying my property in Ilaje, I can also tell the minister you can save my mansion but make a detour and go for Mr Itsrm property since its of lesser value?

Even in engineering, you can't eliminate risk. You can only reduce it.

If there's no way of constructing the road without affecting people's properties, you take the path that least affects people and their businesses.

You have an alternative, use it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:58pm On May 24
Itsrm:

Landmark is not critical infrastructure. We all had a very nasty experience when the submarine cables cut.

Also as usual David Hundeyin is pandering. An environmental impact report was made years ago, but it has been superseded by developments since then.

What would have been an issue is if the lines were cut during construction. Then it WOULD have been a major fkup.

This is everyone doing their due diligence and checking and cross checking

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On May 24
izzou:

The road would have shifted anywhere as long as those cables were there.

The 2 billion spent on compensation would probably have been saved or channelled into another part of it.

If you would shift a road because of a refinery, why not let the hotel and Primary school be? Why demolish them, then shift the road at the refinery's gate?

A refinery has a greater impact than a school. The submarine cables have a greater impact than a beach resort

The road will affect properties but we can reduce those that had major impact on the general public

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:04pm On May 24
Itsrm:
Even in engineering, you can't eliminate risk. You can only reduce it.

If there's no way of constructing the road without affecting people's properties, you take the path that least affects people and their businesses.

You have an alternative, use it.

That is what they are doing by avoiding the submarine cable which has the potential to shut down businesses all over the country and affect even you and I. They cannot eliminate all risks but are reducing it by avoiding the submarine cable

A submarine cable is not on the same level of importance as a beach resort. Its like comparing Cancer to a knee bruise

How many people are affected by those beach resorts? And why the noise about Landmark specifically? Other properties are getting demolished along the road, why is the noise about Landmark

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:11pm On May 24
afrodoc2:

Even though i was not in support of the demolition of the Landmark property and especially the hurried way it was carried out, all hands are not equal. You can't compare the impact of saving a man's personal leisure business to saving submarine communication cables that serve millions of people every day.

I am not comparing both.

As long as those cables were there, they had to find an alternative path.

So why not use the alternative from the start? And that's where i agree with Itsrm

The deed has been done. But there's nothing wrong in admitting that those business could have been saved from the start.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:23pm On May 24
izzou:

I am not comparing both.

As long as those cables were there, they had to find an alternative path.

So why not use the alternative from the start? And that's where i agree with Itsrm

The deed has been done. But there's nothing wrong in admitting that those business could have been saved from the start.

If they find an alternative for every resort, farm, school etc that is on its path, it will stop being the coastal road that it was envisioned to be.

There is only so much alternative route that can be constructed before the alternative route becomes the main route.

P.S I don’t think anyone realistically believed there was no way of saving those businesses. I always knew they could be saved, so this cable route diversion story does not move the needle in terms of my opinion.

Crucial and critical infrastructure would be saved. The man’s business was just not important enough in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On May 24
OasisX:
grin

......from KM 16 to 25, but Landmark is within KM 1 to 4. LOL!

“And for those who have been saying why not start these roads in Calabar, one, the zero point is Lagos and what wrong has Lagos done to these people? - David Umahi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 2:56pm On May 24
At this point, is coastal road our problem? We have Federal Highways in bad state that fixing them would have reduced travel time and reduce insecurity along those routes. But here we are spending scarce resources in perhaps another white elephant project that may be abandoned by subsequent administration giving our history.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4704) (4705) (4706) (4707) (4708) (4709) (4710) ... (4870) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.