Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,935 members, 7,863,306 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1574649 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) (4716) (4717) ... (4843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:11pm On May 26
Itsrm:

Before I even saw your reply I was like from where to where. cheesy

I'm enjoying the discussion so far. They should just keep it clean. Once tribal issue done enter, na to begin skip the posts

That was why I responded to him. The discussion Dey really make sense and I was also learning .

If e don tribal the whole thing no go make sense again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 2:11pm On May 26
OasisX:
grin

.....this dude didn't read the screensnaps sha. Una murder Emmisaries, unarmed representatives of british Kingdom and una dey wonder why they nuked Benin Kingdom?!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 2:14pm On May 26
Lmao,so you go believe the British account of what led to what happened who were looking for reasons to invade/loot the empire and reduce his influence

And you dey stand with Palestine against "Israeli occupiers",dey believe all CNN eye witness reports,kikiki grin....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:32pm On May 26
Amigoss:
Lmao,so you go believe the British account of what led to what happened who were looking for reasons to invade/loot the empire and reduce his influence

And you dey stand with Palestine against "Israeli occupiers",dey believe all CNN eye witness reports,kikiki grin....

Ask them when they will do issese festival in Ilorin? Some land were lost without firing a gun

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 2:34pm On May 26
Okpa why do you like deviating from topic of discussion with snide remarks?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:35pm On May 26
Na today snide remark start for dis thread. We know the commander in chief of Snide Remark
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:36pm On May 26
Okpa is a glutton for punishment. Contradictorily Subscribed to fascism, atheism, communism and tribalism.

Jack of all isms and master of none of tbem

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:37pm On May 26
grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 2:39pm On May 26
GloriousGbola:

yes because they had telecomms back in the day and an exiled king in a community where he was a nobody, a stranger and a person who did not speak the language could somehow send instructions back to benin

benin to calabar is 12 hours on a good road. what was it in like to travel on foot in 1897 through uncharted bush territory?

Nogbaisi On foot? stop playing

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:41pm On May 26
grin

.....no be me share the screensnaps to fueling agenda nah. If no be you, how some of us go know the tory. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 3:16pm On May 26
That gender don carry Harry song handicap,lmao.... Mandatory DNA test after childbirth go soon be a thing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:49pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

In like manner , I honestly don’t think any governor will be mad enough to suggest making a law that tamper with the succession arrangement to the Oba of Benin throne. Like , I don’t think any governor will force a state house of assembly to make a law that suddenly increase the number of royal families in Benin to 2 , 3,4 or 5. Where dem wan manufacture the royal families ?

Did you read the letter Bini traditional council wrote against Obaseki cos it seems the allegations was that Obaseki was trying to break the power and influence of the Oba stool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:55pm On May 26
Amigoss:
That gender don carry Harry song handicap,lmao.... Mandatory DNA test after childbirth go soon be a thing.
Nigeria ranks high among countries with paternity fraud cases.

It is called paternity fraud for a reason, so can't our lawmakers enact an at-birth DNA test and criminalise paternity fraud?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:00pm On May 26
raumdeuter:

Did you read the letter Bini traditional council wrote against Obaseki cos it seems the allegations was that Obaseki was trying to break the power and influence of the Oba stool

Maybe that’s what Obaseki is trying to do , maybe not.

But one thing is certain , there’s only one Royal family in Benin and if Obaseki decides to dethrone the current Oba for political reasons , he will only end up installing the Oba’s son or relative .

The throne in Benin is hereditary. The succession plan is sacrosanct . Unlike what we have in other parts of the country where an Oba can be picked from another Royal family.

I may be wrong tho and I am open to corrections
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:03pm On May 26
OasisX:

grin

......guess what they said to the person that dethroned Alafin Adeyemi I too?! All na tales by moonlight. LOL!
Benin is not Oyo, note Onyearugbulem only removed him as Chairman Council of Oba in Edo State, yet body tell him well well. Oba of Benin throne is not one to bought with money like others in Nigeria, no Edo Governor will be mad enough to even attempt such move.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:09pm On May 26
TrebleChamp:
Benin is not Oyo, note Onyearugbulem only removed him as Chairman Council of Oba in Edo State, yet body tell him well well. Oba of Benin throne is not one to bought with money like others in Nigeria, no Edo Governor will be mad enough to even attempt such move.
The screenshot proved nothing, bro.

Lol.

Juju that couldn't prevent the British from dethroning the then Oba of Benin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 4:10pm On May 26
Amigoss:

Shey n'gbo werey cheesy

British do not go to empty places, they go only where there is treasures and civilizations, this is how 2 know how great Benin was before the British came...

Today they are returning their loots,treasuries and artefacts they stole after their invasion,that is enough empirical evidence...

They didn't invade anything...what they did was punish the kingdom for killing one of their own. Pure punishment grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:13pm On May 26
Balogunodua:

They didn't invade anything...what they did was punish the kingdom for killing one of their own. Pure punishment grin

The Benin kingdom killed some white men and the kingdom was punished. This does not prove that the Benin kingdom was the most civilised in Nigeria, though it was civilised and organised.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:13pm On May 26
GrammarNazi1:

The screenshot proved nothing, bro.

Lol.

Juju that couldn't prevent the British from dethroning the then Oba of Benin.
It proved the Military Governor apologised to the Oba as i initially stated in my first post on this topic.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:14pm On May 26
TrebleChamp:

cheesy

.....coz Migos posts a fabricated tale by moonlight on Facebook of all SM, then I should believe it?!

I no dey get involved in juju argument, but this one na white lie.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 4:15pm On May 26
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Ask them when they will do issese festival in Ilorin? Some land were lost without firing a gun

U go soon see weytin u de find. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

But one thing is certain , there’s only one Royal family in Benin and if Obaseki decides to dethrone the current Oba for political reasons , he will only end up installing the Oba’s son or relative .

The throne in Benin is hereditary. The succession plan is sacrosanct . Unlike what we have in other parts of the country where an Oba can be picked from another Royal family.

You don't have to dethrone to water down, all you need to elevate others and govt give them relevance

In Yorubaland there were very few Obas before. I think it was 60s or 70s that even Ibadan throne and others were elevated to full Obas. To reduce the influence of Alaafin who was supposed to be the biggest king

Traditionally Ooni was not a king, he was like a priest until someone decided to cut the influence of Alaafin because of the then Alaafin issue with Bode Thomas an Action Group member they elevated the Ooni throne under Adesoji Aderemi who was Governor General of the western region

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:17pm On May 26
Balogunodua:

U go soon see weytin u de find. grin

You didn't call the tormentor... Gtfo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:18pm On May 26
OasisX:

cheesy

.....coz Migos posts a fabricated tale by moonlight on Facebook of all SM, then I should believe it?!

I hear you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:18pm On May 26
raumdeuter:

grin

.....from single royal traditional council to 7 more autonomous royal traditional councils in Edo South - Jurisdiction of Oba of Benin.

The development has drastically affected government financial support for the Palace, coz other Councils are sharing from the Cake now.

No more whole Cake for Benin Traditional Council, na Crumbs all them dey gather dey drag. Obaseki has really dealt with the Institution in the State, but few folks are here arguing what's not.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 4:21pm On May 26
TrebleChamp:

The screenshot already gave itself away with the so called removed like who removed him?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:22pm On May 26
OasisX:

cheesy

I wanted to tell him too that a random page on Facebook, most likely, cannot most seriously support his argument and shouldn't be believed.

How do people automatically believe Facebook pages without any iota of reputation?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 4:22pm On May 26
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You didn't call the tormentor... Gtfo

Someone already did on you behave cheesy Wait for it. grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:23pm On May 26
Balogunodua:

Someone already did on you behave cheesy Wait for it. grin grin

Very good
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 4:23pm On May 26
GrammarNazi1:

I wanted to tell him too that a random page on Facebook, most likely, cannot most seriously support his argument and shouldn't be believed.

How do people automatically believe Facebook pages without any iota of reputation?

grin

.....e dey vex me if Facebook na reference point. Facebook ke? People still dey use the app like that? LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:27pm On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Historically what breaks first son line is when a Kong does not have a son or the first son dies before the king

So the confusion comes from does the grandson i.e son of first son become king or second son of the old king

At the end they usually just say lineage of these sons end up rotating
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:28pm On May 26
OasisX:

grin

.....from single royal traditional council to 7 more autonomous royal traditional councils in Edo South - Jurisdiction of Oba of Benin.

The development has drastically affected government financial support for the Palace, coz other Councils are sharing from the Cake now.

No more whole Cake for Benin Traditional Council, na Crumbs all them dey gather dey drag. Obaseki has really dealt with the Institution in the State, but few folks are here arguing what's not.

Post the letter again for BlueRayDick to see

This was the same Ajimobi template in Ibadan. Elevate other chiefs

It's like instead of Arsenal have Odegaard as sole captain , now say Harvetz is captain of attack, Gabriel is captain of defence, Declan is captain of DM, Raya captain of goalkeeping

You have ended watering down Odegaard influence and power

(1) (2) (3) ... (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) (4715) (4716) (4717) ... (4843) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Spy360(m), Ellexy, Eunoiaa(f), OasisX, iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.