Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,779 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1541719 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (4785) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2022
"Atiku Abubakar seems to be the favorite among Muslims in the Northeast (except in Borno and Yobe) with a potential to expand his reach to other parts of the Muslim North. His problem is that because he has always been liberal, cosmopolitan, and not delimited by religion, he doesn’t excite northern Muslims who define their identities in religious terms.

It’s precisely why he used to be more popular in the South (and in the Christian North) than in the Muslim North. But Peter Obi has stolen his thunder in his erstwhile electoral base, and this was the basis of a joke I saw on social media that says Atiku has in the bag all the votes he needs to be president in 2023—except that Obi is holding the bag.

Obi appears to have a lock on the votes in the Southeast, the South-South, and in such predominantly Christians states as Benue, Plateau, and even Taraba. Christians in southern Kaduna and Southern Kebbi seem more favorably disposed to him than they are to any other candidate. The major challenge of his popularity in the Southeast is that it may not translate to high voter turnout in light of the continuing violence and threats of violence by IPOB.

Muslims in the North-central and the Northwest appear to be the only noncommittal, persuadable voting bloc because they have no sentimental investment in any of the three major presidential candidates. They can swing in any direction.

Because Obi is making a mark, however imperceptible, in these regions where he was previously unknown, we should recognize that he is no longer the underdog that he once was. In order to avoid a repeat of Buhari, critical citizens should ask Obi hard, soul-searching questions because he could be president.

For example, why did he allow the Anambra State University branch of ASUU to go on strike for more than six months and even going so far as to sack the school’s vice chancellor “because of his alleged romance with the striking workers of the university,” according to the Daily Sun of January 19, 2011. How is he different from Buhari in this regard?

Why did he allow doctors in Anambra State to go on strike for 13 months, which led to many needless deaths? The doctors called off their strike without Obi meeting their demands. And he implemented the no-work-no-pay rule when Anambra civil servants went on strike to demand to be paid minimum wage.

While he was governor of Anambra, he played typical Nigerian politics of divide and rule. He played Catholics against Anglicans and even stigmatized political opponents as “Yoruba” people, according to Professor Okey Ndibe who wrote extensively on him.

“It is similarly appalling that a governor who reportedly has ambitions for higher political office could not restrain himself from disparaging Mr. Ngige as a Yoruba candidate,” Ndibe wrote in his April 18, 2011, column titled “Peter Obi, Akunyili and Political Folly.” “Even if we accepted the silly argument that the ACN was a Yoruba party – so what? Is the governor allergic to forging political alliances with the Yoruba? Is he not aware that such appeals to base, ethnic sentiments would return to haunt him if he ever seeks to be a political player at the national level?”

That was prophetic. This doesn’t make Obi any worse than his opponents. But because he could be president, we should interrogate him so we won’t be blindsided".

Una sure say this Kperogi no dey visit this thread...We have said everything he wrote here...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2022
Theflint1:
Exactly. Hope we're asking these hard questions to other candidates, and they're making themselves available to be asked these hard questions?
You don't ask questions to someone that you don't consider as an option...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. You are telling me this person had no other choice than to respond and tow the same line with these other tribalists.. To the point it became fun for him... grin grin

And he's still doing it in a smooth way ..

Naso grin

@ the bolded, a leopard can never change it's spot.
Nothing gives him joy like having an opportunity to put down the Igbo tribe.

I keep telling people that seeing him try to link ipob to obi is the exact same playbook of his, just like he staunchly linked Jonathan to Boko Haram.
It's that rabid igbophobia in him.

To him, Jonathan's worst crime against humanity was having "ibo blood", bearing the name "Ebele". Not go talk of Peter Obi, a full blooded Igbo man.

Peter Obi winning will be dayo's worst nightmare. It will be a dagger to his heart. He will off himself when that happens and I can't wait to see it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2022
*Frontend Lead (React & Angular)*

Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: NIgeria and Kenia
Salary: 6000$ per month

*Requirements*
You’d be a good fit if you have:
Leadership experience is required
6+ years of experience as a full-time frontend engineer
Must have Angular & React experience and of HTML, CSS, JavaScript ES6 and Redux and other core web technology concepts.

*JOB OFFER*
Get long-term, full-time job opportunities and be a part of the elite 1% of the world's remote engineers.

*Why join Skipp?*
Elite US Jobs. Skipp developers earn better than market pay in most countries, working with top US companies.
Career Growth. Grow rapidly by working on challenging technical and business problems on the latest technologies.
Exclusive Developer Community. Be a part of a global network of top software engineers.

Apply

For more opportunities everyday. Join our group here
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:
Who has travelled to Abuja by road lately?

I have a trip, but all these merry-go-round through Benue and Niger is not my portion

Any idea if Lokoja is good to go? Or make I just cancel everything
Bro just take a flight and save yourself from physical and emotional stress, the roads aren't safe as you know plus Flood in Lokoja has forced motorist to take longer routes...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Bro just take a flight and save yourself from physical and emotional stress, the roads aren't safe as you know plus Flood in Lokoja has forced motorist to take longer routes...

I no get any budget to accomodate flight now

I go wait. After the rain comes the sunshine

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:

I no get any budget to accomodate flight now

I go wait. After the rain comes the sunshine
Good decision, na APC government put us for this madness so grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:17am On Oct 08, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Good decision, na APC government put us for this madness so grin

Lol

I no blame them for the floods sha.

E dey happen, even in first world countries
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2022
patrickmuf:
You don't ask questions to someone that you don't consider as an option...
Errrm...don't agree, it's important to subject all major candidates to same amount of rigor, it might not matter much to you if you have your mind made up, but to those that don't have their minds made up, it matters.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2022
patrickmuf:
People fail to take into account the population of Lagos and its size when making comparisons, all their focus is always on the amount of money available to the government...

Nice one...

Do people take account the money that anambra generated before Obi when comparing it to lagos?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2022
Amoto94:

*Requirements*
Must have Angular & React experience and of HTML, CSS, JavaScript ES6 and Redux and other core web technology concepts.

*JOB OFFER*
Get long-term, full-time job opportunities and be a part of the elite 1% of the world's remote engineers.

*Why join Skipp?*
Elite US Jobs. Skipp developers earn better than market pay in most countries, working with top US companies.
Career Growth. Grow rapidly by working on challenging technical and business problems on the latest technologies.
Exclusive Developer Community. Be a part of a global network of top software engineers.

*Apply!!!!!*
*https:///dPisd5jx*

For more opportunities everyday. Join our group here:
*https:///DkQXtRfkgL814JQ0qLvKWB*
Oboi na to switch from Data Science enter Full stack oo embarassed embarassed cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2022
patrickmuf:

Muslims in the North-central and the Northwest appear to be the only noncommittal, persuadable voting bloc because they have no sentimental investment in any of the three major presidential candidates. They can swing in any direction .

Because Obi is making a mark, however imperceptible, in these regions where he was previously unknown, we should recognize that he is no longer the underdog that he once was

This is the highlight of that article.
This is for all those making useless permutations here and there.
The electorate is still being shaped. Some people are predicting a sort of voting apathy in the north and an upsurge of enthusiasm in the south.
But again, all baseless permutations.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:
Who has travelled to Abuja by road lately?

I have a trip, but all these merry-go-round through Benue and Niger is not my portion

Any idea if Lokoja is good to go? Or make I just cancel everything
God Bless Ezenwata or Ayankampele dey run am

Just 6500 cool cool

Make i help you book Ticket for Mazamaza?? cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2022
Amoto94:

*Requirements*

*JOB OFFER*

*Why join Skipp?*

*Apply!!!!!*
*https:///dPisd5jx*

For more opportunities everyday. Join our group here:
*https:///DkQXtRfkgL814JQ0qLvKWB*
The site isn't working
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2022
Donjazet2:

Peter Obi winning will be dayo's worst nightmare. It will be a dagger to his heart. He will off himself when that happens and I can't wait to see it.

why off himself when we can just spend the next four years re-posting and rehashing all the bullshit you posted about messiah obi and watch you descend to an even lower level of madness as you struggle to defend peter obi's incompetence?

who knows what gems we will get from a PO admin ?

maybe like gej did, obi will host UGM leaders in aso rock
maybe obi will tell us more about how Christians have taken nigeria back
maybe we will see whatsapp conversations featured on media chats
maybe there will be a hero beer [Glory to Biafra!] distillery in every state
maybe we will start doing direct cash purchases of vehicles and other assets for the FG .

the possibilities are endless.

what we do know is Peter obi is the least competent of this trio of politicians from the OBJ years. he is very good at meaningless photo ops that will electrify his base [ the nigerian MAGAs] but low on actual substance and delivery of solutions.

no one needs to get any heart attack when we can spend the next four years watching the neophytes who fell for POs poorly dressed BS lose their virginity

the same happened with GEJ, after all. it can only be so long before your incompetence overtakes your shoeless story

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2022
donstan18:

That’s how past governors thought too.

Loyalty no dey Rivers politics. Your boy wey you put for seat go jonze you with power and people will cheer him. No be Rivers state again.

Wike go believe.

i think that is actually what all this is about

wike knows he is done once he exits that office - so he is going to hitch himself to whoever he believes will win the election. and he will go all out for it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2022
Nezzjnr:

The site isn't working
Fixed. Check the initial post
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:

Lol

i suspect that countermeasures could have been put in place.

this is not the first time this is happening.

i can remember it happened 2011 thereabouts when oriental's refinery was submerged [or so they claimed]

but then again - not every state can have a tinubu who will actually solve the problem , rather than wring hands and do nothing tongue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Amoto94:

Fixed. Check the initial post
Still not working
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2022
Ahhhhhhhh

React and angular alone

Obooooooooiiiiii
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Itsrm:

You wan change my name? cheesy

Derecognizing him is not even my problem. Its how he tries to rationalise it when the motive is glaring. Politicians are a shameless lot.

If you have 13 minutes to to spare you can watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXRzN_rWk8

PDP just released their campaign timetable which includes a set date for Rivers State.

Apparently, he was never going to allow PDP use the stadium for campaign. He probably also got Intel they are planning to use government primary/secondary school so he's one step ahead. Wike has now banned campaign in public schools unless you get approval from the state government. cheesy

As someone mentioned elsewhere, PDP will have to do their Rivers presidential campaign in Bayelsa cheesy

I so like this election season with its unending drama cheesy

wike already has a future job as govt house picture installer

PERSONALLY - he personally installed omehia's picture , and he personally removed same picture.

Direct intervention Gomina

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Theflint1:
Errrm...don't agree, it's important to subject all major candidates to same amount of rigor, it might not matter much to you if you have your mind made up, but to those that don't have their minds made up, it matters.
I was speaking for myself...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2022
God please I know say presidents nor dey probe themselves for Nigeria but abeg make Peter Obi just probe this oil theft..

Because how can buhari get away with this

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2022
Nezzjnr:

God Bless Ezenwata or Ayankampele dey run am

Just 6500 cool cool

Make i help you book Ticket for Mazamaza?? cheesy

grin grin grin

Werey
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2022
Omo some of you are evil sha... You go actually campaign for party wey Don settle down loot our future still borrow us into oblivion and at the same time divide the country even more along religious and ethnic lines...

Our God is good oo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2022
patrickmuf:
I was speaking for myself...
Not originally you weren't, but it's fine.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2022
Just to be paint a vivid picture, this is what sailed into our waters and loaded our oil and left...

Nobody raised alarm ooo

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:

grin grin grin

Werey
cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2022
izzou:

Lol

Nah not for the flood, increase in flight ticket and insecurity on our roads....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2022
liveLongNprospa:
God please I know say presidents nor dey probe themselves for Nigeria but abeg make Peter Obi just probe this oil theft..

Because how can buhari get away with this
Yet they want to install another sick president that’ll spend more time in London grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (4785) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.