Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1577312 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (4845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oasis007:
More....

Cc

That's good.

We need to be seeing this more often. It should be on ever possible form of media
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

He was talking to his boys who will become delegates. He was addressing potential delegates. The delegates will now choose him and present him to Nigerians when he will speak to electorates

Becoming president is a process and every step is important, you have to speak the language of the room at every step. You cannot speak the language of public campaign to delegates
ok then..

But i still feel every single opportunity is to sell yourself cos it was more of an open interview that will be seen all over.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Amoto94:
This bigoted smear of branding every Kanuri in public life of being Boko Haram member, sponsor or sympathiser just because you hate them has to stop. We are the greatest victims of BH and it’s because we hate them and fought them with arms, intellectually and with every we have. Bulama Bukarti

Shettima accused Sheriff of sponsoring boko haram, Sheriff did the same to Shettima. Both kanuri sons.
They caught Kabiru Sokoto in Borno’s government lodge in Abuja when Shettima was governor.

But yet, you and Bulama are calling us bigots.

Like Android17 said, facts are stubborn.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android17: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Itsrm:

You have not been following.

I've always maintained that Tinubu will win except a miraculous merger of some sort happens between PDP, LP & NNPP so you might have quoted the wrong person.

What I also believe is that Tinubu has sacrificed his S.West votes for that of the North East.

People like you believe Tinubu will win the S.West with bloc votes regardless of the Muslim Muslim ticket because Christians in the S.West will still vote him. It simply will not happen and that is the reality on ground and not your feelings thousands of miles away.
I quoted the right person but I addressed some highlights of some other posts using my reply to you.

As for the core of your post, if you believe that, that is fine. I know a lot about Christianity and how it affects politics in Nigeria that it is easy for me to laugh off some posts as wishful, emotion-full and unsubstantiated.

In 2014/15, GEJ clearly played the religious card. He was kneeling before Adeboye, Oyedepo etc. Sending emissaries to all and any popular church or man of God. Ayo Oritisejafor got a Jet for his effort. People on pews preached against the islamization of Nigeria.

To counter this, Buhari (knowing that he was hopeless in the SE & SS that are predominantly Christian) wanted the SW votes to add to his surefire NW & NE votes. The NC many felt was here and there. In his power move, Buhari opted for a SW Muslim man. It was that Muslim man that will then offer a relatively unknown Christian pastor to be his running mate.

What do you suppose was the play behind the move? To pander to a religious catchment or to neutralize GEJs religious card?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
If there's a group that defined unseriousness clearly, it has to be Lagos PDP.

E no concern me sha. Sanwo-Olu is not doing bad

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oasis007:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

See as dem dey organise nonsense march....

Once Sanwo-Olu win, they will wait till September 2026 to resume noise making
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
wman:
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

But are there people that were actually planning to vote for Tinubu before that will change their minds because he picked a Northern Muslim?

Will people in Owo gladly accept a Muslim-Muslim ticket?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Them dan see us finish for Lagos
Funke way they float COVID-19 protocol that year way almost go jail grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:
Can we even have a list of those who escaped from Kuje?

Abi na once in a while dem go dey drop one
name?

https://www.nairaland.com/7224394/kuje-jailbreak-osinachis-husband-nwachukwu

Their name and picture were released says ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/full-list-names-of-69-boko-haram-escapees-from-kuje-prison/%3famp
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Them dan see us finish for Lagos
Funke way they float COVID-19 protocol that year way almost go jail grin grin

Even at that, its like they just looked for any available person to put as Vice, and Funke, who was trying to get something to take her mind of JJC, accepted it.

I really hope we don't have a governorship debate in Lagos.

Na roast dem go roast her and Jandor for that setup
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
homesteady:

Will people in Owo gladly accept a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

Na only Christian dey owo? Or when Ozumbulu massacre happened in Anambra church, why did they accept Christian Christian ticket?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
larride:

Their name and picture were released says ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/full-list-names-of-69-boko-haram-escapees-from-kuje-prison/%3famp

Okay, I didn't see that.

I was just concerned when I was seeing one name everytime.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
nihilistjnr:

I get everything you're saying, but the man was talking like the presidency was a favour owed to him, not an elected position.

That's the crazy part for me, because he wasn't talking to Nigerians, he wasn't talking to the people in the room, he was addressing a different WhatsApp group...the type that are holding on to 'kini yen'

The phrasing he used was the type you use in the game centre when you wan collect pad, or for coal tar when na your set....

He didn't even pretend to be campaigning for tbe good of the country, or to better the lives of Nigerians, and that's a next level of disdain for his fellow Nigerians.

That's a different level of hubris mehn.

He was talking to PARTY members. It was an internal meeting of party members. It's not the same thing as when proper campaign start.

He was reminding his parties members why they should support him to get the PARTY ticket.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

He was talking to his boys who will become delegates. He was addressing potential delegates. The delegates will now choose him and present him to Nigerians when he will speak to electorates

Becoming president is a process and every step is important, you have to speak the language of the room at every step. You cannot speak the language of public campaign to delegates

Nothing more to add.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Even at that, its like they just looked for any available person to put as Vice, and Funke, who was trying to get something to take her mind of JJC, accepted it.

I really hope we don't have a governorship debate in Lagos.

Na roast dem go roast her and Jandor for that setup
Surely we will
Maybe not deputy but I am sure sanwoolu will still bring up funke's case
She is getting attached to the dirty game and should be ready to be dragged
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
larride:

Na only Christian dey owo? Or when Ozumbulu massacre happened in Anambra church, why did they accept Christian Christian ticket?

The question was if a Muslim Muslim ticket was going to change people’s mind from voting Tinubu.

Who was responsible for Owo massacre? Was it a drug cartel attack like it was in Ozumbulu?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

See as dem dey organise nonsense march....

Once Sanwo-Olu win, they will wait till September 2026 to resume noise making

cheesy

Obanikoro did pass wetin dem dey do. Las Las he's back in APC. Lost Primary along with his Son, yet doesn't leave the Party again.

Lagos is APC, same way Anambra is APGA!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin

LOL..... and Campaign session never start yet o.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Deep

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oasis007:

cheesy

Obanikoro did pass wetin dem dey do. Las Las he's back in APC. Lost Primary along with his Son, yet doesn't leave the Party again.

Lagos is APC, same way Anambra is APGA!

PDP dey try smal for Anambra sef.

APC has everything checked in Lagos.

Even Dipo that PDP elected to represent Amuwo then, later decamped to APC, after seeing the unseriousness of PDP.

He even converted the PDP office in Festac to APC.....Imagine the insult grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

PDP dey try smal for Anambra sef.

APC has everything checked in Lagos.

Even Dipo that PDP elected to represent Amuwo then, later decamped to APC, after seeing the unseriousness of PDP.

He even converted the PDP office in Festac to APC.....Imagine the insult grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Perhaps you've seen this Clip..... any comment?

https://twitter.com/ihe69/status/1546607196137455618?t=WiDTL839rUCLvcbfkik84g&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itzlinda(f): 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ibime:

He's just quoting a tweet maybe

Ibime na don you be. He’s quoting popular Kanuri lawyer named Bulama Bukarti

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin

Bokoharam Sponsor.... LMFAO

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin

One mumu has been sharing same propaganda here.... LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oasis007:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Perhaps you've seen this Clip..... any comment?

https://twitter.com/ihe69/status/1546607196137455618?t=WiDTL839rUCLvcbfkik84g&s=19

No oh, I've not seen the clip oh

Anambra carry Anglican and Catholic for head, pass any state for this country, so its not surprising to me

Even in Village meetings, we have Anglican sect, Catholic sect and Pentecostal sect
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

1000 gbosa for you Onyeisi, God bless you for this comment

That was really a surprising comment.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
larride:

He was talking to PARTY members. It was an internal meeting of party members. It's not the same thing as when proper campaign start.

He was reminding his parties members why they should support him to get the PARTY ticket.

He wasn't talking about party ticket o, and he wasn't talking to party members when he said e gbe kiniyen wa fun mi.

Is Atiku an APC member? Why did he mention the favour he did to that one in the build up?

He basically said he gave his right to be president when Buhari came to him, then he gave up his right to be VP, but now it's his Time.

The people in that room were only witnesses to what he was saying. He was speaking directly to Buhari and Atiku and the Norhern elite.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
homesteady:

The question was if a Muslim Muslim ticket was going to change people’s mind from voting Tinubu.

Who was responsible for Owo massacre? Was it a drug cartel attack like it was in Ozumbulu?

You already concluded that it was muslims that orchestrated to attack the church based on religion ish. That's why you asked if the people of Owo will vote a muslim muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

No oh, I've not seen the clip oh

Anambra carry Anglican and Catholic for head, pass any state for this country, so its not surprising to me

Even in Village meetings, we have Anglican sect, Catholic sect and Pentecostal sect

I read Anglicans are often marginalised politically in Anambra.... how true is it?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (4845) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m), larride(m), Jamiuokolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.