Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1494139 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (4701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibukzy: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
homesteady:

Una no Dey read Frontpage??

https://www.nairaland.com/7222666/primate-ayodele-muslim-muslim-ticket-jihadist

Did he say this in the church grin

larride:

Bros no pastor will preach against a Yoruba man in a Yoruba church. Even Bishop Oyedepo will not do it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
As far as they're concerned nah obidients dey peddle lies grin grin

Our James bond (Oasis007) nah u carry this one come here

https://www.nairaland.com/7222888/borno-chairman-denies-backing-shettimas

Defend am grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
onyemaair:

So using one person's post on Twitter is enough to prove a point but using a poll of over 70 thousand participants where one candidate won over 80 perfect is not an accurate tell of the trend abi?

Social media is useless or useful depending on how it favours their candidate. Peter Obi winning a poll of 70,000 votes will more than 80 percent is just social media noise but a few RCCG members supporting BAT shows Christians are okay with Muslim Muslim ticket,see logic.

APC and PDP spend huge amount of money on social media influencers but social media is useless according to their people.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by homesteady(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
A yoruba pastor will not preach against Tinubu in church grin

Oya watch.
https://twitter.com/jessehallidaygi/status/1546127008240893954?s=21&t=IXxs7ZqD05DE3DNZGtNY3w

This was even before the Muslim Muslim ticket was announced.

The way you guys are talking, you will think it is not clips from Lagos churches that trend almost every Sunday for giving shout of joy when LP or Peter Obi is mentioned.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:22am On Jul 12, 2022
Sir Mo Farah has revealed in a BBC documentary that he was brought into the UK illegally under the name of another child.

The four-time Olympic champion said “the truth is I’m not who you think I am”, adding he needs to tell his real story “whatever the cost” in the documentary titled The Real Mo Farah.

The father-of-four, 39, said: “Most people know me as Mo Farah, but it’s not my name or it’s not the reality.

“The real story is I was born in Somaliland, north of Somalia, as Hussein Abdi Kahin. Despite what I’ve said in the past, my parents never lived in the UK.

When I was four my dad was killed in the civil war, you know as a family we were torn apart.

“I was separated from my mother, and I was brought into the UK illegally under the name of another child called Mohamed Farah.”

------‐--------------------------------

Had it been that Mo Farah was a minimum wage factory worker and disclosed this, would he have been deported or would he even have the guts to disclose something like this? But now he has built up social capital he is a 4 time Olympian and a British hero. Now he can get away with it

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:
Sir Mo Farah has revealed in a BBC documentary that he was brought into the UK illegally under the name of another child.

The four-time Olympic champion said “the truth is I’m not who you think I am”, adding he needs to tell his real story “whatever the cost” in the documentary titled The Real Mo Farah.

The father-of-four, 39, said: “Most people know me as Mo Farah, but it’s not my name or it’s not the reality.

“The real story is I was born in Somaliland, north of Somalia, as Hussein Abdi Kahin. Despite what I’ve said in the past, my parents never lived in the UK.

When I was four my dad was killed in the civil war, you know as a family we were torn apart.

“I was separated from my mother, and I was brought into the UK illegally under the name of another child called Mohamed Farah.”

------‐--------------------------------

Had it been that Mo Farah was a minimum wage factory worker and disclosed this, would he have been deported or would he even have the guts to disclose something like this? But now he has built up social capital he is a 4 time Olympian and a British hero. Now he can get away with it

Na who don make am dey do documentary, dey motivate people and share stories about his criminal past. Anybody wey try am when level never set for him side will live to blame himself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:04am On Jul 12, 2022
I have made my position know about Muslim-Muslim ticket , I guess for the avoidance of doubt I should restate it.

First and foremost I’m a south westerner from a family whose both parents are of the two religions ( Islam and Christianity ) . I have enough cousins and relatives that are of both faiths. In the south west Christians and Muslims coexist together without issues u see in places like North east ( that has Christian’s in large numbers ) , southern kaduna etc ; …….

However , truth must be told that Nigeria as a country is not ready for a same religion ticket just yet. No we are not .

A link posted up there by Raumdeuter showed the NSA claiming Boko Haram grew simply because of politics of exclusion played by PDP governors in the North east . If we will be truthful with ourselves , it’s that same politics of exclusion that was responsible for groups like IPOB going military and having a military wing ( ESN ) that has now been proscribed as a terror group. Some of their agitations are predicated on the believe that A buhari presidency with a pastor VP is fulanizing/islamizing the country ….. Now imagine what will happen with a Muslim president and a muslim Vice President .

I once interacted with a Christian guy we served together who is from Plateau state . He told me about series of religious/ ethnic clashes they’ve had and he even talked about eating the flesh of their adversaries ( it’s a sign of victory for them ) , I was shocked all that go on Nigeria just because of religious differences and ethnic division .

God knows the ascension of a same faith presidency will do this nation harm than good. I know to politicians and their analysts it’s all about winning elections and then using federal power to bend people to their knees, but the 4 years after election matters too. A president spending his years fighting insurgency is not going to be regarded as the man of the year.

As at last month the US senate was talking about Nigeria being a country with so much religious intolerance with cHristians getting killed cos of their faith and then this week a ruling party is bringing out a Muslim-muslim ticket . Kai ! No be so na

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:
I have made my position know about Muslim-Muslim ticket , I guess for the avoidance of doubt I should restate it.

First and foremost I’m a south westerner from a family whose both parents are of the two religions ( Islam and Christianity ) . I have enough cousins and relatives that are of both faiths. In the south west Christians and Muslims coexist together without issues u see in places like North east ( that has Christian’s in large numbers ) , southern kaduna etc ; …….

However , truth must be told that Nigeria as a country is not ready for a same religion ticket just yet. No we are not .

A link posted up there by Raumdeuter showed the NSA claiming Boko Haram grew simply because of politics of exclusion played by PDP governors in the North east . If we will be truthful with ourselves , it’s that same politics of exclusion that was responsible for groups like IPOB going military and having a military wing ( ESN ) that has now been proscribed as a terror group. Some of their agitations are predicated on the believe that A buhari presidency with a pastor VP is fulanizing/islamizing the country ….. Now imagine what will happen with a Muslim president and a muslim Vice President .

I once interacted with a Christian guy we served together who is from Plateau state . He told me about series of religious/ ethnic clashes they’ve had and he even talked about eating the flesh of their adversaries ( it’s a sign of victory for them ) , I was shocked all that go on Nigeria just because of religious differences and ethnic division .

God knows the ascension of a same faith presidency will do this nation harm than good. I know to politicians and their analysts it’s all about winning elections and then using federal power to bend people to their knees, but the 4 years after election matters too. A president spending his years fighting insurgency is not going to be regarded as the man of the year.

As at last month the US senate was talking about Nigeria being a country with so much religious intolerance with cHristians getting killed cos of their faith and then this week a ruling party is bringing out a Muslim-muslim ticket . Kai ! No be so na

Well said.

I see it as God's way of retiring the party sef.

His loss in the Southern part of Nigeria will shock him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Well said.

I see it as God's way of retiring the party sef.

His loss in the Southern part of Nigeria will shock him

This religion is another major stumbling block in this country. The country's demographics as good as eliminates any Southern Muslim or Northern Christian from running for the presidency, no matter their individual qualities.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by wman(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2022
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

But are there people that were actually planning to vote for Tinubu before that will change their minds because he picked a Northern Muslim?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2022
wman:
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

But are there people that were actually planning to vote for Tinubu before that will change their minds because he picked a Northern Muslim?

Even if he pick the Pope, those that are complaining won't still vote for him.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2022
I think APC might have underestimated the current backlash the muslim-muslim ticket is receiving.

If only PO, Kwakwanso and Atiku can just find a way to unite.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
wman:
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

Amaechi's ally just resigned from APC because of the Muslim VP

So yes, there are people that changed their mind because of it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
afrodoc2:

This religion is another major stumbling block in this country. The country's demographics as good as eliminates any Southern Muslim or Northern Christian from running for the presidency, no matter their individual qualities.

Yeah. Quite true

But it poses lesser issues compared to field both from the same religion or zone
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
wman:
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

Buhari picked a Pastor twice. Some Christians did not vote him.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

Buhari picked a Pastor twice. Some Christians did not vote him.

Why didn't he pick a Muslim, since it won't matter?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Yeah. Quite true

But it poses lesser issues compared to field both from the same religion or zone

Both sides have a point. Personally i don't have a problem with a same religion ticket especially if it is a nominal Muslim like Tinubu, however i see how the optics would give cause for alarm.

1) The North would never accept a Christian-Christian ticket so why should the South accept theirs. Goose and gander things.

2) A Muslim-Muslim ticket in these perilous times will grant the more obnoxious and extremist factions in Islam the confidence to carry out even more dastardly and audacious acts. They will assume the ticket gives them carte blanche to do what they will with Christians, similar to how the Trump presidency emboldened those who invaded the US Capitol building.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
afrodoc2:

Both sides have a point. Personally i don't have a problem with a same religion ticket especially if it is a nominal Muslim like Tinubu, however i see how the optics would give cause for alarm.

1) The North would never accept a Christian-Christian ticket so why should the South accept theirs.

2) A Muslim-Muslim ticket in these perilous times will grant the more obnoxious and extremist factions in Islam the confidence to carry out even more dastardly and audacious acts. They will assume the ticket gives them carte blanche to do what they will with Christians, similar to how the Trump presidency emboldened those who invaded the US Capitol building.

Thank you doc for being very very reasonable and logical.

I wonder why someone would want to gamble with this just because you feel or think the candidate would bring good governance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
Itsrm:
Kwankwaso will collapse his structure for Tinubu cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/7223669/kwankwasos-campaign-organisation-denies-endorsement

He would collapse his Twitter structure grin

Person wey him and Ganduje no dey pass the same road, na him go come collapse structure?

Odiegwu

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Almajirihunter(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
You want make Tinubu loose yet you dey vex say e dey spoil him chances undecided

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Agadinaagwuofe: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
afrodoc2:

1) The North would never accept a Christian-Christian ticket so why should the South accept theirs. Goose and gander things.

This is just the gospel truth. The country has always been on the thin line of highly charged religious intolerance with accusation and counter- accusations of government complicity eg Kaduna so it will be highly insensitive for anyone to play politics along that line. It will be inexplicable to many Nigerian Christians no matter the good points or great character behind it. The ticket will never go well with the populace, even the Muslims faithfuls that it favours will gladly hand over their votes to Atiku not minding what their elites will advice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Agadinaagwuofe: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
wman:
I'll vote for Peter Obi.

There are many Nigerians that can swing especially those ones that have no horse in the race. Many Nigerians are not literate enough to take decisions based on critical analysis. So yes many people will change their minds based on the decision. just watch out the number of electorates that will come out to vote this year.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Why didn't he pick a Muslim, since it won't matter?

Lagos PDP just picked Funke Akindele to complete their own Moslem-Moslem ticket

https://www.nairaland.com/7223950/funke-akindele-announced-pdp-lagos
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

Answer the question first, then we would come back to Jandor

Buhari picked a Pastor the first time and Christians did not vote him, like you said

Why did he pick the pastor the second time?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
izzou:

Answer the question first, then we would come back to Jandor

Buhari picked a Pastor the first time and Christians did not vote him, like you said

Why did he pick the pastor the second time?

Because he didnt want to change the VP who was working for him.

Now if the choice of Christian VP did not make some people vote APC, what difference will it make in their votes if they choose a Moslem VP.

Note, their intention is to win elections not pander to those who would not have voted them regardless even if they picked CAN president as running mate
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
cry

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

Funke is not a Muslim na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
cool

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Funke is not a Muslim na

She converted to Muslim when she married that Alhaji in 2012.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (4701) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.