Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate (30696 Views)

Atiku Mocks Wike, Says, He Is A Chicken Hiding Under Costume Of Lion / Your Lack Of Integrity Forced Buhari To Stay Away From You: Atiku Mocks Tinubu / Peter Obi Does Not Know What Is Green Energy- Atiku Mocks LP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Islie: 7:35am On Jun 20, 2022

In an apparent mockery of some other frontline contestants in the 2023 presidential election who were unable to choose their vice presidential running mates before the deadline given by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), former Vice President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has said the first and most important decision that any candidate for an executive position in a democracy must make is the choice of a running mate.

The APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu and his labour counterpart, Peter Obi had chosen ‘place holders’ because of their inability to choose their preferred presidential running mate.

While Tinubu picked Usman Masari and Obi chose Doyin. They have a 30-day window to replace them.

But in a statement, he signed, Atiku said: “The office of the president in particular requires that the holder of that office must have clarity of the mind on decision-making.

“That is why in countries that have acquired more experiences in democratic acculturation, the choice that a presidential candidate makes about their running mates, and how they make the decision, provides a window of assessing their preparedness for the job that potentially waits ahead of them.”

According to Atiku, “In meeting up with this expectation, and more importantly to ensure that I make a pick of a running mate that you shall be proud of, it became necessary for me to be introspective about my choice.”

He continued, “Governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa and I share a lot of personality attributes in common. He is a fine gentleman, but tenacious. His experience as a Senator will come in handy in some of the legislative reforms that are urgently needed to reformat our governmental processes.

“Ifeanyi and I are incurable optimists in the future of Nigeria and the promises it holds as one united, peaceful and prosperous country.

“Having him on the ticket brings a lot of asset to our campaign. In the months ahead to the general election, together with other great leaders of our party, the Peoples Democratic Party and, with your esteemed support, we shall work very hard to ensure convincing victory for our party.

“A victory for the PDP in the general election is a victory for Nigeria. When we win, Nigeria wins. The stakes in the election are very high, and it gives me tremendous joy that I can count on your support to win the election and get to work in earnest.”, Atiku stated.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/20/atiku-mocks-tinubu-obi-says-they-cant-take-first-and-most-important-decision/

Lalasticlala

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by saintjimos(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Let Nigeria be great again

Atiku can you even make a concrete decision and survive pressure?
Show us a case study

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Bomboiy: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku is a dunce, it is not about making a decision fast but making the right decision. Atiku could have gone for wike but he foolishly went for Okowa, now southsouth is open for Obi.

He is angry because he knows his only way to aso rock is by running with Obi, Peter Obi done disappoint am.

Peter Obi will shock them all next year.

248 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by derecho(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2022
A kingdom divided against itself can not stand.
Atiku, it's better you support BAT o...because most Nigerians see both of you as the same.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Odua1stson: 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
100% BATified
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by VirginSearcher(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku and Tinubu very greedy men, they knew it was not the turn of the SW and North to contest but they still contested

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by MonkeyMods(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Hahahahahahaha....isn't it obvious Tinubu is waiting for Obi to pick a VP first?

Fear of the incoming Tsunami is the beginning of wisdom

166 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
This is true. However I won’t blame Obi cos he just moved into another party few weeks ago.

But you see tinubu, that one is confusion in flesh and blood. It’s your turn to be president, yet no plans, it’s just to be president walking in italics up and down.

We the youths don’t want to choose between two evils, we want fresh air. Peter is coming.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by YoungLionken(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Truth be told, Atiku is better than Jagaban and there's no mockery there(in his statement)..

I already made a U turn to support Obi though cool...

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Go and sit down sir. Let’s not talk about how someone fought his principal just because he wanted to succeed his principal. Being prepared is different from being desperate.

Posting this respectfully.

emmykk:

Point of correction Atiku never fought Obasanjo rather is was Obasanjo that fought him.
When Obasanjo was made president it was expected that he would leave after 4years as agreed but as soon as Obasanjo 4years was completed for Atiku to take over Obasanjo clamour for another 4yrs pleaded with Atiku to back down and support him.

Atiku foot soldiers then Ibori wanted Atiku to take over then but maybe because Atiku was enjoying VP he assent that they should allow obj to continue.

But as soon as Obasanjo won his 2nd term he started fighting ATIKU up to when ATIKU have to still be VP yet ACN presidential candidates.

It is obvious that some of your in Nairaland don know how to give example or choose example to make your point by so doing misleading uninformed individual.

In nut she'll Atiku never fought Obasanjo rather he was fighting for survival.

In 20 years time some of you will say obaseki was fight Oshiomole.
Rather it was Oshiomole who was fighting obaseki
Hello sir/ma, it’s two fighting for me. This your story doesn’t make sense to many of us. Besides I didn’t call anybody’s name. We know who has been jumping from one party to another looking for presidency. We know who had issues with his principal because of power.

Posting this respectfully.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by LoveToRead: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Okay o, but Atiku should remember that he who laughs last, laughs best.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by ecomalchemist(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Let Nigeria be great again

Atiku can you even make a concrete decision and survive pressure?
Show us a case study

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by PussyOdour(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku won't ceased to amazed me, so him picking a running mate before others means that he's the next president?

Even if Obi pick his Running mate few seconds to election , he's cruising to victory. Instead of wasting your vote on Tinubu or Atiku, why don't you give it to more deserving person PETER OBI.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by RealOmegwiOsas: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
LMAO.... Still Peter Obi or Nothing!!

40 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by fourboys: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
OBIdient soul like me cool

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by patriotic007: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Running mates don't win elections my dear Atiku

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Ajaatolu: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Nigerian problem is not running mate

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Zelenskyy(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Where is the mockery in that statement.... ?

"A President needs clarity of the mind" ....

Is that one mockery ?
Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Raxxye(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2022
It is not by who chooses VP first o.

Besides, you can't compare new comers with a professional presidential contender!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by mayormick(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Mtcheew.. someone that deleted a tweet because of his northern brothers, claiming he didn't choose Wike because of how these same northern brothers will feel and people think he won't look away when his northern brothers continue their killings against southerners. God will not make me vote for a Northerner this coming Election

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Crixxx: 7:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Nigga don pull cloth since Dy wait, tinubu no won off pant abi pampers grin

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by gurujoe(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2022
Time shall come when atiku and tinubu will be all Obi-dient very soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by JosephXavier: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
We know that Peter will definitely pick a competent vice.

He shouldn't rush to make a hasty decision and fall for someone who isn't credible enough to be on the ballot paper with him

We believe in him that he can deliver this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by jchioma: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
I'm with Atiku on this one. Preparedness is important in any critical decision making process. If we go by Buhari's inability to appoint ministers 6 months into his presidency, then we should be taking these signs seriously. However, I am voting PO for justice and equity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Prince111111: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku should not even worried because those two only wanted to be called an Aspirant not President Elect per-se

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku sef dey mock people

Orisirisi something.......

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by itchykuci: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by Kenmatt(m): 7:45am On Jun 20, 2022
Obi wants to form "Jagaban" of the East, sorry "Ojukwu" of the East.

"Buh him weight neva reach".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Mocks Tinubu, Obi Over Inability To Pick A Running Mate by espn(m): 7:45am On Jun 20, 2022
Mumu man...

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano To Buy Five Cows With N9.2 Million Budget / Nigerian Politicians Line Up For Ban Ki-Moon's Handshake (Photo) / Nigerians Won't Bother About A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Bashir Ahmad Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.