Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? (53233 Views)

4 Signals A Friendship Has Gone Wrong (and What To Do Next) / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / What Is D Best Way To Reply/accept A Friendship Request From A Girl 2ru Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by UpDates1(m): 9:10am On Jul 24, 2011
i prefer friendship than relationships, its the best,, no much difference though
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by xtremeidea(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2011
@Poster the dictionary says they mean the same!!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Orikinla(m): 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@orikinla, some of the things you posted were quite funny:

pls dont confuse "booty calls/fwb" etc with ROMANCE. there can be NO romance without friendship. what you see out there are people "pretending" to be romantic, while in reality, they are only after the coochie or some financial relief

are you saying that the basis of friendship is: to confide in someone?! what about people who are "drinking buddies", "clubbing friends" or "work mates"? are these less than friends because they dont know what i did last summer?! lol
if you think that you need to tell your deepest secrets to people , in order for them to be your "friends" then we must live in different worlds.
BUT HEY, I CONFIDE IN MY LAWYER/BANKER AND THEY SURELY AINT MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

are you now claiming that you should trust ALL your friends OR all the girls you are dating?! there is huge difference between friendship and trust. !

would YOU give the keys to your house to ALL your friends?! i think not!
you can loose trust in your friends AND STILL be friends with them. cant you?

and she is NOT a gf either, she is a LovePeddler who is trying to get paid, masquerading as being in a romantic r/ship!lol

as i previously said, these are called many things but a ROMANTIC r/ship! but hey, some people out there will tell you they LOVE you before even getting to know your name, if anyone is foolish enough to believe them then thats all on them. if there is no FRIENDSHIP between you and that person then there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can move on to being in a romantic R/ship. . . . . . . . unless of course you are there for other reasons (aka money/status etc) or foolish enough to believe that this is real romance.
QUESTION: how can he be in a romantic r/ship with you if he knows nothing about you?!
ANSWER: your tittay, coochie OR money is the attraction, so there is nothing else that needs to be known!"

they have what is a called a se.xual R/SHIP where the basis of their friendship is ONLY SEX. this is a complete different type of r/ship than a ROMANTIC one, dont mix the two!

in romantic r/ship TOO. the ones who are in r/ships and their partner demand for either payment in cash or kind are fooling themselves into believing they are in a romantic r/ship while in fact, its a business transaction.

no, ITS NECESSARY, big difference!!!!

if/when people are jumping in sex.ual r/ship with stranger then yes BUT lets all not forget that NOT ALL FRIENDSHIP ARE DEEP/BEST/STRONG or SAFE

really?! you mean to say that all your friends are forever?! shouldnt you equally say friends MAY come and go as well?!
you are talking as if friends cant become enemies, lol!

A "friend" who becomes your enemy was never your friend.
Drinking or clubbing buddies may never be your friends.

FRIENDSHIP IS SACRED.
That is why God called Abraham my friend.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Orikinla:

A "friend" who becomes your enemy was never your friend.
so let me get what you are saying: if someone is/was your friend for 15/20yrs and then down the line makes a mistakes and becomes your enemy, that person WAS NEVER YOUR FRIEND?! BWAAAAAAAAAH!

friends come and go, just because they made a mistake it certainly dont make their friendship any less because PEOPLE CHANGE, any smart person knows that!
expecting all your friends to be your friends forever is immature. at best, we have 10friends that will be down with us FOREVER. the rest are "buddies", we socialize and do things together but this friendship may not last the test of time AND doesnt make them any less of a friend. there are many levels of friendship, understand that.

Drinking or clubbing buddies may never be your friends.

read my previous post

FRIENDSHIP IS SACRED. That is why God called Abraham my friend.

funny that you forgot about one of Jesus closest friend named JUDAS, lol, he too "was" well spoken of. i wont even mention Eve (and Adam) who also was well spoken off but betrayed God.
friend will turn into enemies (for different reasons) and that will in no way discredit the friendship they had before that.

betrayal by closed friends has been NUMEROUSLY written about in the bible, i suggest you read it!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Abanicwise(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2011
D're is,
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Abanicwise(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2011
The question is a very technical one if I may say and can be easily confused. In my own understanding, relationship is one concept use in describing union, while friendship is just one type of union/relationship, other types of relationship are, platonic relationship, intimate relationship,loving relationship, adverse/enemity relationship, ecsetera. In a nutshell, frienship is a type of relationship.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nayah(f): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
Normally your GF/BF is supposed to be your friend too so I think there's a link between both terms
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
Relationship is friendship in bondage
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Sike(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
coolestboy:

In relatnship, u bleep while in frienship u hug. In relatnship, guys spend ladies receives while in friendship ladies spends n guyz receives. A friend may leads 2 a relatnship but A relatnship will neva lead 2 friendship. Want more? contact me on 08070580555
Nope! U said it all already.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Ekpoma1: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
Sike:

Nope! U said it all already.
Seconded.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Beync(f): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
I think it's some how true 'In relationship we calculate our moves but are very open in (true)friendship. becos friendship get diferent levels these   days, we even get amebo friends these days. We are like a child in friendship but behaves like adult in relationships. Telling all does not help in relationships, we do not want to tell about oyr failures and short comings, we also try to impress our partner in relationships'.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by birdman(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2011
If she cares where you are at 12am on a fri. night, its no longer just a friendship

Obinoscopy:

Relationship is friendship in bondage
grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by slap1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2011
Dyt:

^^ where u bn omo ibo?
Omo
c as ppl dey define
chai,goggle sell yesterday o
Tied down with school work. I now value time more than before. Thanks for caring.
ferdiii:

@graluxxy054 (f): Because nobody wants to be the nice guy that will finish last even without any crumbs.He acts nice while a rough dude beeps the kongo to pieces.

+ 1.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by N101: 3:50am On Jul 25, 2011
This makes no sense - it's "straining at gnats and swallowing camels". Friendship is a type of relationship.

If someone is your friend, that is a relationship.  If there's a romantic interest and you're seeing someone, that's another type of relationship.

Definition of relationship
Definition of friendship
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by soreola(f): 4:25am On Jul 25, 2011
Relationship <----->Friendship

In this regard, Relationship is being used as a general term. If the poster is referring to relationship as in romantic/intimate relationship then . . .

Relationship= friends with benefits (actually often times people rush into relationships are do not really know each other well enough to be categorized as friends. With all the hormones and chemicals fly all about, they turn a blind eye to each other's flaw i.e. love is blind)

Friendship=friends without benefits wink
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by ofomilad(m): 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] They both possess a "ship" which is heading somewhere.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by dayotheone(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
well, friendship is a group under relationship.,,,,,,relationship is a ship which consist of courtship, friendship,, and all the rest
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by swiftycool(m): 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
Na wah o! Trust nairalanders to make a mountain of a mole, like we all dont know what d streetwise deffinition of a "relationship" is in comparison with friendship. Yet many of these aprokos trying to sound intelligent end up sounding like the dullards they really are by trying to give us here the literal deffinition. Pls think outside d box abeg!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by MrInfo1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
[size=14pt]Friendship is a type of relationship wit no strings attached[/size]  undecided kiss
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by totorimi: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
A relationship is a friendship with an objective in mind
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by CrazyChica: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
totorimi:

A relationship is a friendship with an objective in mind
very true.
btw, i love ur username! tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by ChrisGuru(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2011
Friendship is casual or mere in suffix which means part or segment while relationship is more likely to be intimate but the truth of the matter is that friendship is the unit of relationship.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Sourcecrew: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
@r. Cork, Joe50 and Andrew; y'all are crazy peeps, you're gonna make me LMAO. Damn!

But you guyz have just differentiated it anyway.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
From an explicit deduction, friendship would allow heading while relationship allow penetration. LMFAO!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Relationship And A Friendship? by miss9ja(f): 11:42am On Oct 07, 2012
::Andrew:::
diffrence btw relationship and friendship

relation ship
friend ship

relation and friend are the diffrence grin
FUNNY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone Who Has A Child? / Ten Things Guys Like About Girls And Ten Things Girls Like About Guys / His Girlfriend Was Sex Chatting With Another Guy. What Should He Do?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.