Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,728 members, 7,862,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland (2450 Views)

Yorubanization Of Finance of Nigeria By Tinubu / Yorubanization Of Nigeria Has Started With Full Force! / Protests In Ibadan Over Alleged Secession Agenda Of Yoruba Nation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by spearman(m): 1:57am On Jun 21, 2022
Gbagura:
One thing gave all of you away and that's the C and Z letters in your names cos Yoruba alphabet ain't got C and Z. By default, ibos already know they don't belong in Lagos or anywhere in the southwest.

Stop tagging those minor tribes cos they aren't giving us problems like ibos.
Ibos must attach by force. Na SouthSouth people I sorry for pass. Ibo will not leave them alone no matter how much push-back.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 1:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Chigator
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by spearman(m): 2:03am On Jun 21, 2022
YORUBA NATION IS THE ONLY ANSWER

IT IS ABOUT CULTURAL PRESERVATION

YORUBAS CAN NEVER BE COMFORTABLE LIVING ALONGSIDE IBOS

BOTH CULTURES ARE ANTITHETICAL TO EACH OTHER

THOSE WHO WANT YORUBA TO REMAIN IN NIGERIA WANT YORUBA TO PERISH

1 Like

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by chigator2: 2:13am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

Statista(edited) is fake, what a buffon. Many of the statistics are based on observation, consumer purchasing power, consumer spending power, Tax record with government, observed cost and standard of living in area. I am surprised you claim smart, but don't even know you all dont even have to be manually counted before your population can be estimated. You are such a mo.ron. I feel disgusted talking to you. I should be able to estimate a country's population for the next 50 yrs, through regression analysis if I have a standard well calculated determinants .

When asked to compare, eyewitness have always maintained that Anambra has the highest and most dangerous form of thugery and agboror system compared to Lagos. The streets are literal criminal dens. The disadvantage Lagos has is the execessive media coverage.

And you think there are no private schools that cost less that 5000 in the west, oh my God, Are you purposely trying to be dull to win an arguement or you are actually dull. Schools cost 1k here and they still have standard. There is quality even at lowest price.

Portable is an artist, No matter his behaviour he gives art, people are drawn to Art. There are Actors whose Lifes are bleeped and wickedly rude, but are still loved by fans because of their Art.

Lemme just tell you this straight up. You are not smarter or more informed than me so don't insinuate such on this anonymous platform.

Statista doesn't collect data they only cite and publish data from other others which they deem " credible ".

Where you blind to where I mentioned a sample size. Because an informed fellow will know that by virtue of using sample terminology, I understand that not everyone will be counted.

Nevertheless, there is no meta data / evidence of this sample size to even prove that whosever collected this data.

Extrapolating figures from regression analysis will be a farce if the " determinants " as you mentioned are not authentic and rightly calibrated.

Now be truthful is Nigeria transparent, developed or honest enough to represent data in it's purest form. A country that started forging population figures since colonial times inorder to wrestle political power. I doubt so.

Other countries have the metadata and even documentaries of how they perform their census and other data collection and analysis but Nigeria has nothing of such only a bunch of theives pocketing the operational budget and falsifying figures.

Get Wise
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by chigator2: 2:15am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:
Chigator

This reaffirms what I said already that Statista doesn't collect its own data therefore is highly vulnerable to counter-party credibility risk and flaws.
Therefore it's safe to say concerning Nigeria, Statista figures should be taken with a grain of salt
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by chigator2: 2:21am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

Statista(edited) is fake, what a buffon. Many of the statistics are based on observation, consumer purchasing power, consumer spending power, Tax record with government, observed cost and standard of living in area. I am surprised you claim smart, but don't even know you all dont even have to be manually counted before your population can be estimated. You are such a mo.ron. I feel disgusted talking to you. I should be able to estimate a country's population for the next 50 yrs, through regression analysis if I have a standard well calculated determinants .

When asked to compare, eyewitness have always maintained that Anambra has the highest and most dangerous form of thugery and agboror system compared to Lagos. The streets are literal criminal dens. The disadvantage Lagos has is the execessive media coverage.

And you think there are no private schools that cost less that 5000 in the west, oh my God, Are you purposely trying to be dull to win an arguement or you are actually dull. Schools cost 1k here and they still have standard. There is quality even at lowest price.

Portable is an artist, No matter his behaviour he gives art, people are drawn to Art. There are Actors whose Lifes are bleeped and wickedly rude, but are still loved by fans because of their Art.

Don't dare compare thuggery in Lagos to Anambra.

A state that splits a national union that lasted for progress to favor a political tout and thug.

A state where a thug is being goaded on by his Godfather to contend traditional rulership with the eligible ruling family.

It's a disgrace.

Tommorow they will say Igbos want to take Lagos from us. Meanwhile they are supporting a useless tout who wants to steal the throne from a ruling family in Lagos of which they are not even an indigenes of. Tuehh
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by chigator2: 2:30am On Jun 21, 2022
spearman:

Ibos must attach by force. Na SouthSouth people I sorry for pass. Ibo will not leave them alone no matter how much push-back.

When the former Governor of a SS state and the a sitting Governor of another SS state claimed to be Igbos, your ugly voice was silent. You didn't call it attachment by force.
But if an Igbo person merely associate with SS, you guys begin to cry like dogs.

If not our fault that you are more linked to Fulani ( abi more conquered by grin ) than the rest of us in the south. Continue in that brotherhood and let others be.

Nowadays, I can't even differentiate Ahmed from Asiwaju grin grin . No difference at all. Afonja . Tuehhh
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 2:36am On Jun 21, 2022
chigator2:

Lemme just tell you this straight up. You are not smarter or more informed than me so don't insinuate such on this anonymous platform.

Statista doesn't collect data they only cite and publish data from other others which they deem " credible ".

Where you blind to where I mentioned a sample size. Because an informed fellow will know that by virtue of using sample terminology, I understand that not everyone will be counted.

Nevertheless, there is no meta data / evidence of this sample size to even prove that whosever collected this data.

Extrapolating figures from regression analysis will be a farce if the " determinants " as you mentioned are authentic and rightly calibrated.

Now be truthful is Nigeria transparent, developed or honest enough to represent data in it's purest form. A country that started forging population figures since colonial times inorder to wrestle political power. I doubt so.

Other countries have the metadata and even documentaries of how they perform their census and other data collection and analysis but Nigeria has nothing of such only a bunch of theives pocketing the operational budget and falsifying figures.

Get Wise
You are contradicting your self boy. You are well informed, lol, but dont believe that there is a record some where that has your name on it. Every school, hospital, receipt issuing business centers and local government are population information hub. These are places where data can be gotten from. Since you know what a sample is, you should not be surprised if this method are used. Not every body can be captured, but a certain amount representing the population quite well will be.
Sincerly people like you are the bane to our development as a nation. You are here ridiculing researchers, lecturers who went through the stress to gather data, to process information to put this shit hole on the international stage, in a nation were knowledge is massively under funded because you are trying to proof a point. I should punch your face in right now, because I remember the stress my lecturer went through, during his PHD work.

Those are the academic journals, published by international agencies statista uses. And the data about the poverty level of the south as stated by me before, probably gotten from this university sources too.

I can't argue the population with you, if you believe it is made up fine. But Nigeria isn't recognised as th Largest black african nation for nothing.

All the determinants will be wrong, really?
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by chigator2: 2:46am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

You are contradicting your self boy. You are well informed, lol, but dont believe that there is a record some where that has your name on it. Every school, hospital, receipt issuing business centers and local government are population information hub. These are places where data can be gotten from. Since you know what a sample is, you should not be surprised if this method are used. Not every body can be captured, but a certain amount representing the population quite well will be.
Sincerly people like you are the bane to our development as a nation. You are here ridiculing researchers, lecturers who went through the stress to gather data, to process information to put this shit hole on the international stage, in a nation were knowledge is massively under funded because you are trying to proof a point. I should punch your face in right now, because I remember the stress my lecturer went through, during his PHD work.

Those are the academic journals, published by international agencies statista uses. And the data about the poverty level of the south as stated by me before, probably gotten from this university sources too.

I can't argue the population with you, if you believe it is made up fine. But Nigeria isn't recognised as th Largest black african nation for nothing.

All the determinants will be wrong, really?

LoL, punch me because of your yeye made in Nigeria lecturer and his PhD that added no value to this Zoo just like his colleagues.
My boys will just blow off your empty head. Silly boy.

You claim all our data is stored, yet we don't have a working social security system.
Yet despite NIN and co. we still can't track down bandits using the telecommunication networks.

Nigeria still can't facilitate biometric voting despite capturing same in every office.

Rather than me being the bane of development in this country people like you are the true dead weights.

You people are too comfortable in rubbish and mediocrity. You feel things are working as the should because you see civil servants go to work everyday ?
I pity you. Your country is rot and decayed. I just can't wait for it's collapse.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 2:48am On Jun 21, 2022
chigator2:

A state that splits a national union that lasted for progress to favor a political tout and thug.

A state where a thug is being goaded on by his Godfather to contend traditional rulership with the eligible ruling family.

It's a disgrace.

Tommorow they will say Igbos want to take Lagos from us. Meanwhile they are supporting a useless tout who wants to steal the throne from a ruling family in Lagos of which they are not even an indigenes of. Tuehh

I will compare thugery in Lagos to Anambra.

Anambra is a glorified dirty underdeveloped poverty stricken slum.

The thugs in Anambra are hardened unsympathetic criminals when compared to the Lagos type.

As reported by eyewitnesses and different news agencies. They are known for very evil criminal deeds. "You dare not loose guard in the market" they say. I mean how can a place be so unsafe that walking in the street with an hand bag, now requires security protocols . These same bastards are the ones enacting Monday sit at home and slicing peoples private part and posting it on the internet. But you dare open your dirty brown Igbo mouth to blame Lagos thugs. You are demented

You already saying nonsense agains. NURTW is the one of the major cause of violent clash and havoc in the country. If it was not disbanded, Lagos state would be buried underneath a violent tussle for power by ruthless people.

Disbanding it and having the state controling is the right thing to do, That is how it is done in the saner climes. Government control the transportation. I thought you were informed.

2 Likes

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 2:53am On Jun 21, 2022
chigator2:

This reaffirms what I said already that Statista doesn't collect its own data therefore is highly vulnerable to counter-party credibility risk and flaws.
Therefore it's safe to say concerning Nigeria, Statista figures should be taken with a grain of salt
And you don't think they have their means of certifying the credibility of this data. These are world renowned data collecting agencies, obviouly they will have trusted sources.

I guess they have to be wrong because you want them to be.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 3:12am On Jun 21, 2022
chigator2:

LoL, punch me because of your yeye made in Nigeria lecturer and his PhD that added no value to this Zoo just like his colleagues.
My boys will just blow off your empty head. Silly boy.

You claim all our data is stored, yet we don't have a working social security system.
Yet despite NIN and co. we still can't track down bandits using the telecommunication networks.

Nigeria still can't facilitate biometric voting despite capturing same in every office.

Rather than me being the bane of development in this country people like you are the true dead weights.

You people are too comfortable in rubbish and mediocrity. You feel things are working as the should because you see civil servants go to work everyday ?
I pity you. Your country is rot and decayed. I just can't wait for it's collapse.
Which boys. Lol. I go to deal with all of your flat heads, and that your face that looks like that of a thief is the one I will keep hiting till you start thinking straight.

Those same research are the ones that makes the UN and the likes give relief packages to your hungry kids, they are the ones giving the little smart ones in the country opportunity to further their studies abroad, those research is what is making the outside world understand what is happening in Nigeria. Those research save lifes.

I as a person know the system is tilted from the top to the buttom, that is why Yoruba comes first in my dictionary, till sensible people are ready and there to fix it. Eradicating bandits cannot take a serious government more than a year. Enacting serious policies can get the whole country registered for NIN in a year. I know the country is hell already.

If you mess up around me either Igbo or fulani, I will give you your size.

Seriously, you are a fool for thinking Nigerian Ph.d's are not important, Nigerian professionals are being recruited into the European Universities every year.

The funny fact is that the country is going no where, You can either leave or kill your self. One thing I know is that: Nigeria has come to stay.

Where did I claim all the data are stored? There are numerous sources to get data for numerous studies, is different from claiming all the data are stored. If I want to do a poverty study in the north, I dont need the data of the bandits .

1 Like

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 3:45am On Jun 21, 2022
cocolacec:
THE DE-YORUBANIZATION AGENDA OF YORUBALAND

The agenda of "so-called" fellow southerners most especially many south easterners in the de-yorubanization of Lagos and other Yoruba spaces is real and not a conspiracy theory. This agenda is the same as the Fulanization agenda, only the methodology is different.

Starting from Nnamdi Azikwe and Jaja Nwachukwu, the rhetorics of no man's land was popularized by this duo in order to turn Yorubaland into a settler colony politically and economically. This allegations are historically correct and factual, if not why would an Igbo man from Onitsha be plotting on how to become the prime minister of Yorubaland right after
before independence. That was why Chief Obafemi Awolowo fought against siting of the capital of Nigeria in Lagos.

All intellectual discourse to properly educate this diabolical folks about the history of Lagos as a colony,as a capital and as a state has fallen on the deaf ears of many of this deluded individuals who hide their expansionist hegemony under the Nigerian identity while spreading historical falsehoods in order to destroy the indigenous right of the Yoruba people in those places.

One of their main point is to tell Yoruba people from other Yoruba speaking cities and towns that they do not have the right to participate in Lagos politics because of the state structures of the fraudulent Nigerian contraption.

A Yoruba man is Yoruba man in any Yoruba spaces and territories across west Africa no Fulani, Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw etc. have the right to tell the Yoruba people what he can do or not do in our spaces, politically, economically and militarily.

Another madness being displayed by this people is to start analysis of of Yorubaland politics by saying "South West, excluding Lagos"? As a patriotic Yoruba citizen you will start asking yourself why any mentally stable individual will utter such rhetoric. Is it possible to say South South excluding Rivers!!! South East excluding Imo !!! North west excluding Kano!!

It is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf why Southern Nigeria republic is impossible and why wholesome southern unity is a mirage. If the Fulanis utter such profanities we will bring out our guns to vilify and crucify them but some Igbos want to come on social media platforms to tell the Yoruba Nation to separate Lagos from the Yoruba future politically and economically? It is the highest form of blasphemy against the indigenous Yoruba people in those places and spaces.

The most important thing to any nationalist is history, Land and power, on these three pillars rest the survival and preservation of their nation. Anybody who continually attacks those pillars directly or indirectly is orchestrating the destruction of the indigenous people.
This is a wake up call to all Yoruba nationalists that the full Yorubanization of our spaces and lands is a must with every means necessary across west Africa.

I am Yoruba first and last. Think Yoruba First. No apologies.

Aare Kurunmi II

I endorse this message.

1 Like

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 4:03am On Jun 21, 2022
Yorubas are no cowards and no betrayals of no body.
Babangida said if he wakes up and sees Yorubas beating drums of war he will just go back to sleep.
IBB & OBJ ARE RESPECTERS OF EACH OTHERS FOR LIFE. RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT.
THE IGBOS DESIRE OBASANJO FOR OBI OF ONITSHA.
OBI MEANS BIRTH CORD.
PETER OBI IS A CORRUPTION AFTER THE FACT.
ONE DEMOCRATIC, INTELLIGENT, MILITARY, NATIONALIST AND PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN IS OBASANJO.
AWOLOWO AND OBASANJO COULD HAVE USED BENIN REPUBLIC TO YORUBANIZED NIGERIA, BUT NO, 'COS THEY KNOW BETTER.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 4:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Crixxx:
Lagos is a no man's land and is a conscious effort of all Nigerians.

Your MONIKER IS CIRIXXX(666).
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 4:19am On Jun 21, 2022
Ijoh:
Buhari/Osibanjo Katsina/Lagos

Tinubu/Masari Lagos/Katsina again.

What about "IRAGBIJ I/MARADI?
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 4:34am On Jun 21, 2022
THE LORD IS THE LAND AND ITS FULLNESS.
AN IGBOMAN WANTED TO SEE HIS FRIEND, THE DEJI OF AKURE WITH POMPS, PRIDE AND POMPOSITY IN THE DEJI'S PALACE, BUT WAS BEATEN UP BY THE PALACE SECURITY FOR BREAKING PROTOCOL.

PUBLISH THE NAMES AND TRIBES OF THE BOKOHARAM ATTACKERS OF FALAE.

1 Like

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 4:43am On Jun 21, 2022
TO BOLG-BUHARI Osinbajo LAWAN AND GBAJA,
RETURN FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW NOW NOW
AND LET HAVE PEACE IN THE LAND
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by Tomek09(m): 4:59am On Jun 21, 2022
Gbagura:
One thing gave all of you away and that's the C and Z letters in your names cos Yoruba alphabet ain't got C and Z. By default, ibos already know they don't belong in Lagos or anywhere in the southwest.

Stop tagging those minor tribes cos they aren't giving us problems like ibos.
Gibberish. Useless talk
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by Tomek09(m): 5:01am On Jun 21, 2022
waledeji:
lalasticlala is now an ordinary floor member like you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who removed lalasticlala as super mod??
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by Tomek09(m): 5:03am On Jun 21, 2022
Gozac:

Guy you dey ruthless ba grin
Lol
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by Tomek09(m): 5:04am On Jun 21, 2022
TruthIsBitter02:
What annoys me with this *our Lagos our Lagos people* are that 95% of them are not Lagos indigenes, they are visitors like the Igbos and every other tribe in Lagos. So why are you guys dragging what doesn't belong to you. Even your Lord and personal saviour "Tinubu" - is he from Lagos Abeg make we hear word. If they leave Lagos for una una fit develop am...
Tinubu is from Iragbiji, Osun State.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by pointblank247(m): 5:54am On Jun 21, 2022
Op whether you like it or not , Lagos was built with federal government money belonging to Nigeria as a capital mega city and state.
Other tribes that came in brought their own businesses , people buoght their personal spaces in form of private properties and estates, so what exactly is your problem ? Did any body force anybody to sell lands ,

Go to some South America cities like in Brasil and you will see yoruba culture flurishing, complete with language and Sango worship.

If the originals and indegenouse owners of those places reason like you, I don't know how the Yoruba coultur could have survived there , so just grow up
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by christistruth01: 6:22am On Jun 21, 2022
chigator2:

Will the Yorubanization of Lagos add one naira to the pocket of every Yoruba person in Lagos. No...

Instead, we have your aged Fathers in Ladipo crying and begging for "UN" to come to their aid that foreigners are threatening to buy them out. LoL. Clownish set of people.
No wonder Yoruba youths are now prone to thuggery, fraud, rituals and other crimes more now than ever before.

You better find food to chop before coming to drag Lagos with anybody or group of persons because most of those in Lagos don't give an F about that lagos place, na to make money, flex and go back home when due.
If you spend time on trivial issues like these, outsiders for don pack all the money for Lagos in Ghana must go, comot by December. Shine your eyes.

TruthIsBitter02:
What annoys me with this *our Lagos our Lagos people* are that 95% of them are not Lagos indigenes, they are visitors like the Igbos and every other tribe in Lagos. So why are you guys dragging what doesn't belong to you. Even your Lord and personal saviour "Tinubu" - is he from Lagos Abeg make we hear word. If they leave Lagos for una una fit develop am...

You better go and rescue your SE Region from those currently burning it to the Ground and into ashes instead of dragging Lagos with SW People

If you dragged Calabar and Port Harcourt with it's owners and it ended in Calamitous disaster for Ojukwu then dragging Lagos is a very foolish idea.

Why did your Fathers flee Lagos for the East during the 1993 Oso abiola Crisis when nobody was pursuing them ?

It was because they knew without any doubt where home was.

Ask any Igbo person in Lagos who was at least 10 years Old in 1993 about the oso abiola Exodus to the East when some were expecting War but God in his infinite Wisdom and Mercy did not permit it.

There were no Igbos left in Lagos except Igbo Women married to Yoruba Husbands

All the others fled to the East when General Babangida annulled. abiola’s Victory leading to the June 12 1993 Election Crisis

Next time you want to deceive yourself by claiming Lagos is not Yorubaland just remember oso abiola of 1993.

An Army of Ekene di Chukwu type buses were departing Lagos Night and day and everyday non stop 24 hours round the Clock for a period of about 2 Weeks while their Yoruba neighbours looked on in complete amusement, astonishment and bewilderment wondering what exactly was chasing Igbos out of Lagos and the SW

Lagos ran out of Salt they bought every bag of Salt they could lay their hands on. and took it back with them to the East because during the Biafran War of 1967-1970 Salt was scarce even more than food and some People didn't taste Salts for almost 2 years

For Complete 6 weeks there were no Igbos left in Lagos .

After 6 Weeks the bravest ones surfaced again and told all their friends and neighbours how hunger had driven them back , the Yorubas welcomed them back with joy and assured them no War was going to be fought over June 12.

https://www.facebook.com/IgboHistoFacts/posts/ndi-igbo-oso-abiola-27-years-on-the-storyoso-abiola-was-the-mass-exodus-of-south/737894473649091/

4 Likes

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by christistruth01: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

Lagos has never been No mans Land. There are early settlers "The Yoruba" unless you kill them off, you will always be a visitor/refugee. Go to Abuja.

The capital then was just 20% of Lagos. The present Lagos is Yoruba to the core. From the Governor to the kings. WE ARE ALL YORUBA. That is why we make your children learn our language in our schools because it is our Kingdom.

At Independence the Capital was less than 5% of today's Lagos ,95% of which was in Awolowo's Western Region

The Dream that made Lagos an Economic Powerhouse was Awolowo's Dream

Awolowo was busy trying to Overtake Europe

It may seem hilarious in today’s Nigeria but that is the Truth

Awolowo built Ikeja including its industrial estates From the Scratch out of a jungle where Elephants, leopards, and Gorillas were still roaming around, into the Capital of the western region

Awolowo was building Modern Cattle Ranches all over the western region with Cattle Imported from Isreal in 1956 !!

Awolowos western region had Television’ before France !

Awolowo had big dreams for his People, Singapore and Dubai were too small compared to what Awolowo was aiming for
With all humility , Awolowo outperformed the British

The dream that turned lagos into an Economic Powerhouse was Awolowos dream

Awolowo was Jailed for that Dream

I am not Joking

5 Likes

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by 9gerian: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2022
Mind boggling why they would take such myopic positions against all sensible advise and arguments.

Nnamdi Azikiwe- no referendum clause in the constitution.

General Aguiyi Ironsi- foisted a unitary system through decree 34 of 1966.

Remove these 2 errors and Nigeria would most likely have faired better today because the regions would have been more competitive in their development strides, pursued self sufficiency and definitely be more efficient for their people.

Abdul05:
Thank you sir for this... grin.

It reminded me on how zik and ironsi preferred unitary rather than a Federal constitution for Nigeria.... grin

It also reminded me on how ojukwu decided to break the bounds and make for Lagos instead of stretching the biafran defences straight to the benue River line beyond markurdi.... grin

Maybe, south east is a deserted region.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by 9gerian: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Well said.

A lot of people do not know these dynamics about the history of Lagos and the western region.

christistruth01:

At Independence the Capital was less than 5% of today's Lagos ,95% of which was in Awolowo's Western Region

Awolowo built Ikeja including its industrial estates From the Scratch out of a jungle where Elephants, leopards, and Gorillas were still roaming around, into the Capital of the western region

Awolowo was building Modern Cattle Ranches all over the western region with Cattle Imported from Isreal in 1956 !!

Awolowo had big dreams for his People, Singapore and Dubai were too small compared to what Awolowo was aiming for

I am not Joking

2 Likes

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by 9gerian: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2022
But people move freely in Lagos and other Southwest states and do not feel threatened by thugs, who have been integrated into the society as a stakeholder, and therefore acts as a first responder in the case of any emergency or security threat.

This is not the case in Anambra and other southeast states where innocent people are forced to sit at home by worst thugs (criminals) who murder them, and are even hailed, without remedy. But you are more concerned about Lagos and the Southwest, why?

Every region has its own socially neglected people, but the Southwest including Lagos fairs far better than all other regions as we can all see.

Absolutely no room for comparison!

chigator2:

It's a disgrace.

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ijoh:

Most parts of Lagos are owned by Ijaw.
The Benins own Lagos not Yoruba
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
MadamExcellency:

You are a disgrace to humanity, if Igbos can belong in the North with all attendant terrorism, what makes you think you can dispossess them in Lagos State?

Most of you, Yoruba migrants always make the most noise than true Lagosians. 85% of this subset has no building or any structure in Lagos State. Your only hope is the day you think will come when all hardworking Igbos will be sent packing and you will be rich by coincidence.

Get lost. Humans are discussing and a nonentity carries a broom dey sweep the ground.
You are right, most of those noisemakers and big mouthed yorubas don't even have a single property in Lagos.
They are predominantly occupying the slums of Lagos while those they hate are occupying the high brow areas of Lagos.
Lagos does not even belong to the Yorubas, even when the British was in charge of Africa.
They should go and claim their dirty Ibadan and Oshogbo no one give a hoot.
Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by marsman: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
christistruth01:

Awolowo was Jailed for that Dream

I am not Joking
So the FG influence was even lesser and that sadist called babasolution was saying nonsense. Naturally Lagos is blessed and it is more blessed to have fallen in the hands of one of the greatest race in Africa. Without the Federal government's influence, especially OBJs trouble and the congestion brought upon Lagos by poor Igbo refugees, Lagos should be competing with cairo. But we have foreigners every where over stretching the limited resources and with no significant help from the FG despite the fact that we contribute the highest to her National treasury.

1 Like

Re: The De-yorubanization Agenda Of Yorubaland by babasolution: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
marsman:

So the FG influence was even lesser and that sadist called babasolution was saying nonsense. Naturally Lagos is blessed and it is more blessed to have fallen in the hands of one of the greatest race in Africa. Without the Federal government's influence, especially OBJs trouble and the congestion brought upon Lagos by poor Igbo refugees, Lagos should be competing with cairo. But we have foreigners every where over stretching the limited resources and with no significant help from the FG despite the fact that we contribute the highest to her National treasury.

Am sure you mean the greatest slave race in Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obidient Walk In Dutsin-ma, Katsina State (pictures) / Just In: APC Governors Are Ashamed Of Campaigning For Tinubu Including Lagos / Peter Obi Currently Leading In Presidential Pool Conducted By CNN Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.