Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? (44272 Views)

Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos / Isaac Fayose: Tinubu Has The Structure, Peter Obi Needs ₦50 Billion To Win / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Ezinwa120: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Obi will shock PDP and APC in Abuja, Omo the guy is the real deal, every bar, every restaurant and markets here are talking of Obi. Na PDP I pity pass because naturally Obi is cruising on their strongholds
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by PS712: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
smartidemudia28:
Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? By Smart Idemudia

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-peter-obi-gradually-breaking-the-structure-jinx-by-smart-idemudia/
The structure being talked about is key if Peter Obi is to win the Presidential election. Different folks have different meanings to 'structure' as being discussed today in Nigeria's public space. This is because the election process still allows room for manipulation of results by candidates who dominate a polling unit. While the current process has automated accreditation and made it impossible to spike votes higher than actual number of accreditations, the manual voting through thump printing without proper security of the sanctity of the vote makes it possible for the votes of a particular candidate to be added to another, entered and declared in favour of the other candidate who controls the polling unit.
For instance, if party X does not have an agent at a particular polling unit in Borno, even if some people there cast their votes for party X, at the end of the day, when votes cast are counted, all the votes can be entered for party Y, provided it tallies with the number of accredited voters, party X will score zero. This can only happen when party X has no real physical presence that will vote, and ensure the vote is counted. This is what structure does for a candidate and a party.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by biafranrealson: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter obi will.secure more than 40%.in each states of the federation
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by amagugm: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
You must be dreaming. We are ready for the fraudsters masquerading as politicians. The grassroot fraudsters are who you refer to as structures in different places. The zeal and vehemence with which ENDSARS was executed is such that the people are coming with. Hopefully, those fraudsters rigging elections would be stopped by the power of people movement.
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by BlazinGlory40: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
TooNoisy:
Keep deceiving yourselves. Peter Obi will not get 25% in any northern state. He is unknown over there.

He is not known in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and Oyo. No chance of him getting 25% in these SW states.

He wouldn't get 25% in Edo and Delta for sure. Oshiomole/Obaseki will secure Edo for APC/PDP. Okowa will secure Delta for PDP as he is on the ballot.

Obi cannot win any South South State. Udom will secure Akwa Ibom for PDP. Duoye Diri will do same in Bayelsa. Wike will probably join APC or at least remain in PDP. Cross Rivers will be split between 3 parties.

Good! Then quit being bothered about him and use that energy to market your candidate.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
biafranrealson:

Tomorrow you will start your lamentation again

Lamentation for what?

I am already angry...the best we can produce is Tinubu, Atiku and Obi...birds of the same feather.

I am not voting for either of them. Go and cry if you like. Go and call me Igbophobic (funny especially since I was backing Moghalu, an Igbo man and have done so for 4 years)...I am not voting for your candidate. Or the other two APC and PDP .
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by nentokritji(m): 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
festacman:
In Nigeria, the victory at the presidential polls is sum total of the effort of local political heavyweights in their wards and constituencies. That's structure. Does Labour Party or Peter Obi Campaign Organization has local political influencers all over Nigeria? Even the negative tendency of vote buying still require structure to accomplish.

Another major challenge facing Peter Obi is that he is the sole financier of his presidential bid. And presidential campaign sure requires massive funding with substantial leakages caused by people who would collect money without doing assigned task. Can Peter Obi open up his wallet wide when winning is not 100%?

RECALL HOW APC CAME TO POWER.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Rojoh: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
C-In-C PO we dey loyal you are highly favoured continue without structure everythingwill fall in place according to God's plan
smartidemudia28:

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-peter-obi-gradually-breaking-the-structure-jinx-by-smart-idemudia/

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Verysmart101: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
TooNoisy:

Ur a novice truely.During Jonathan's regime,Amaechi couldn't secure Rivers,Sambo the vice president couldn't secure his state,David Mark the senate President couldn't secure his state for PDP. In Buhari second re- election,Rochas couldn't secure imo for Buhari. So stop these baseless calculation of urs.do u know how many politicians
might decamp from their various parties before then? Abegiii

2 Likes

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by onuman: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
Softmirror:

MAY THIS SLOGAN FOLLOW PETER OBI LIKE MAGNET TOO. AMEN!!! VOTE WASTING IS NOT ALIEN TO THE PEOPLE FROM SOUTH EAST SINCE 2015 ONCE AGAIN MAY THIS SLOGAN FOLLOW PETER OBI TILL THE END. grin

Most of the people of the southeast refused to vote since 2015 because they knew that non worthy presidential candidates were on the ballot papers.

If a Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekweremadu, Orji uzo Kalu, are on the ballots of 2023 presidential election, most of the Igbos will not care to register to vote.

2 Likes

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by amagugm: 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
PS712:

The structure being talked about is key if Peter Obi is to win the Presidential election. Different folks have different meanings to 'structure' as being discussed today in Nigeria's public space. This is because the election process still allows room for manipulation of results by candidates who dominate a polling unit. While the current process has automated accreditation and made it impossible to spike votes higher than actual number of accreditations, the manual voting through thump printing without proper security of the sanctity of the vote makes it possible for the votes of a particular candidate to be added to another, entered and declared in favour of the other candidate who controls the polling unit.
For instance, if party X does not have an agent at a particular polling unit in Borno, even if some people there cast their votes for party X, at the end of the day, when votes cast are counted, all the votes can be entered for party Y, provided it tallies with the number of accredited voters, party X will score zero. This can only happen when party X has no real physical presence that will vote, and ensure the vote is counted. This is what structure does for a candidate and a party.
Usual acts of fraudsters that have always used that ensured that Nigeria remains u stupid giant. We are out to stop it
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Thegoodone13(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter obi will win SE, SS, and a reasonable vote in the SW but his problems is NE, NW and NC. For him to win, he need to choose Fulani from NW. If the elections is only conducted in the southern part of the country, its sure for him because educated people will vote for him massively. Alumajiri don't know him.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Oplomo: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:
Obi supporters are really making me laugh.

He is not going to win. Period. It's between atiku and tinubu and yes, i absolutely don't like that prospect

Just vote PO and leave the rest.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by deeva2: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Regardless, APC has failed badly. And tinubu is not the answer. Lagos is still a mess, years after he left it, and things are not better after 8 years of Buhari.

As much as Obi is the same as Tinubu and Atiku, Nigerians are not so much as backing Obi as rejecting your party. You guys better sit up.

I'm not APC neither PDP member.

I'm only a realist..

I even prefer Sowore but the reality in naija politic is against him.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
nentokritji:
RECALL HOW APC CAME TO POWER.

APC was an amalgam of nPDP, elements of APGA, ANPP, and the ACN as well as Buhari's CPC which had millions of supporters built up over 12-15 years., and some other minor parties. A lot of bigwigs joined up. Buhari and Tinubu were not the only big men of the party.

Not like Labor party...which is just one party, and which has no elected officials. (APC gained elected officials from its constituent parties).and whose alliance with NNPP is basically not happening. (INEC says it is too late). And which has already splitered before Obi came around (ZLP came from LP).
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
deeva2:

I'm not APC neither PDP member.

I'm only a realist..

I even prefer Sowore but the reality in naija politic is against him.

Even then, I wish there was a way we could change things....

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by idu1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu won't make first runner up.Thank.me for the expo

Una talk pass this one before primary
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Ezinwa120: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Terabyteck:
It is Idiotic for any one to think Peter Obi will defeat PDP/APC.
Non of this folks shouting Obedient has ever participated in politics, truth is a party without structure can't win anything not just about Obi.

If your party is not on ground you re not winning anything, Election is strategic, and also expensive, you must have true party men from the federal level down to Unit, Cell, and household.

Obi can not Finance presidential election. His supporters can't follow their votes up from polling unit to RAG Centers and To LGA, this must be done accros all the Units in Nigeria.

This is how APC and PDP have been winning Elections since 1999 till date. Partymanship is what wins elections.

The Partyman sees the election as his own and not his principal's Election.

A Partyman takes prides in wining his household, Cell, Unit, Ward LGA and State.

LP does not have Partymen accross the federation.
Therefore Obi will win only on Social Media but not any State.
You are living in the past, the new electoral Act has made the election to be decided in the polling units. What ever they have at the polling unit is the authentic result, the era of going to local govt and state is in the past now, so if you want to rig, you go to all the polling units and buy their votes. No more adding zero at the collection centre.

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
I think Nigeria deserves clueless leaders

Since the people are illiterates

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Anetorfavour: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
TooNoisy:

Don't be so confident in ur biased analysis! Over here in Edo state Obi is d slogan! 95% of eligible voters applying for PVC are obedient! For which most of them have never voted all their lives, go to INEC offices here in Ekpoma Obi is the reason why d youths are applying for PVC! Oshiomole or obaseki is not Edo state! People are wiser now beyond money politics! Every household here in Benin needs change, and obviously only Obi can give that!! Obi might not been known in d south west as u claimed but 85% of the youths there if not more knows who obi is! The youths of all d regions in Nigeria are obedient!!
When Emmanuel Macron became the youngest and the first man to win a presidential election without being known and of course without any established structure it almost looked like d impossible! Obi is d Macron of our time! What a season to b alive in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Ghostrye: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:
Obi supporters are really making me laugh.

He is not going to win. Period. It's between atiku and tinubu and yes, i absolutely don't like that prospect

Will you rather vote competence or will you vote "it is between". Do your part and leave the rest
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by porthouse7(f): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
smartidemudia28:

person wey dey work for Tinubu
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oplomo:

Just vote PO and leave the rest.

P.O is not going to win. No matter how many times you guys chant 'Obidient' online.

Even if he wins, he would be surrounded by APC and PDP birds of prey in the HOR and Senate, ready to peck away at his presidency. (Go and ask Balarabe Musa what happened to him when he was a PRP governor with a NPN state assembly in old Kaduna state between 1979-81.).
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ghostrye:

Will you rather vote competence or will you vote "it is between". Do your part and leave the rest

Obi that was in the PDP you guys call 'corrupt and evil' until last month even is now competent and free of corruption?

Obi that has the Pandora case hanging over him?

Right.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Chrismania100: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
This wave is frightening una,the reason you guys are panicking and shouting Obi wil not get 5% vote.. Even Tinubu and Atiku know that Obi is nolonger a walk over for them.Those Atiku& Thinubu are panicking badly,cos Election campaign has not even started.Me too,i was neglecting obi, but that guy is proving me wrong.

Those(Afonji Tinubu Ochad) who hate obi hate obi not becos Obi is a bad man.However, they hate Obi becos Obi is an igbo man,and they never wanted an igbo man to rule.But, deep inside their mind,they know Obi is the best candidate for the Job.But,forgotten that it is all of us that will suffer for it at the end, if they finally elect a bad leader.

Moh247:
cool

The fact that some dull brain morron on the internet thinks Pandora of Loser Party LP has a chance makes me laugh...

Nairaland has at best 2 million Nigerian user,

Twitter has 3 million active users in Nigeria

Let's say Pandora untrained internet e bandits managed to force every internet user to vote the lair scammer Obi this is 5 million vote and the 2015. 2019 winning vote stands at 15million votes

Politics is like Mathematics equation...

You can't shout your way and bully a maths equation till you get solution

You cants get maths solution on Google or YouTube

You must get the right formula, practice over time before you get the solution

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Paramount01(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
What structure are we talking about self if NNPP alien with Labour party is totally game over for APC And PDP nothing will make them win like this APC can never win in SE,SS is it PDP That will win LP IS TAKING OVER THIS REGION MADLY LIKE A WARLING FIRE!!

How many votes are coming from the south east and south
All the notes from that region can not withstand votes from the 3k's.Apc are not even thinking on that way,as and sE are the strongest hold of p.d.p which will go for labour.

Tinibu will win all the south west and buhari influence will also contribute in winning most of north west e.g (sokoto, kebbi, zamfara) North east will then be the battle filed for pfp and Apc.

So get your fact right obi and kwankwaso go no where
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Orch03(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Really
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by eguarojeona: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Peter Obi will get 25% across the entire southern states completely sweeping the entire SS and SE regions
i dont know of the SW but as at today he will sweep the NC too.And some SW states.Its NW/NE i dont know.But atiku and tinubu with kwankwanso will share those.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by Dharmiejoe(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
All I see are online supporters shouting peter obi mantra everywhere. Unfortunately that's not enough to bring him to power in nigeria polity. The battles still remains btw Apc nd Pdp with Apc having a slight advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by eguarojeona: 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu won't make first runner up.Thank.me for the expo
Its atiku that is out of it.It would be between tinubu and obi. But Obi will blow him away too.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by supereagle(m): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
PeterObi4LP:
Under statement. He has break it. Before the end off this year, all you'll be hearing everywhere is Peter Obi.

What we are hearing is Obedient.
Re: Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"? by eguarojeona: 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nexus25:

Peter Obi cannot have 4million votes in the entire country. His popularity starts and ends on social media.

Tinubu
Atiku
Kwankwanso

Obi
After the churches supporting Obi?It would be a Tsunami

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What I Saw In Umuahia, Abia State Last Week (picture) / Governor Ikpeazu Suspends Agbazuere After Spraying Money On Odumeje / Oba saga: She is not my wife, I won't issue apology - Obasanjo disowns Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.