Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? (306 Views)

Ejiro Otarigho The Burning Tanker Driver Gives Thanksgiving In Church (Video) / 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of / How Can One Stop Libidinous Thought? A Facebook Friend Posted This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ?

Considering the notoriety and recklessness of heavy duty motor drivers in this country, those driving for Dangote easily come to mind, who could have seen it coming that a tanker driver would want to sacrifice his own life to save the life of others?

The man called Mr Otarigho said: “I decided to take the risk because, as a native of this community, I do not want to be linked with a disaster that claimed lives and destroyed properties.

“I decided to die alone. Hence, I told my motorboy to jump out of the burning vehicle,“ he added.

Mr Otarigho who said this was a husband and father of several kids, yet he didn't think of himself or his own life, but how to save the life of others when he found them in a dangerous situation even if he lost his life in the process.

Now he didn't only save the life of others but he also came out alive from the dangerous situation. He believed it was a miracle for him to do so after making his decision to die alone, hence his giving thanks to God in appreciation of what God did for him to keep him alive.

I 100% agree with Mr Otarigho, the tanker driver, that it's indeed a miracle he made it out alive. I believe heaven was moved by his Christlike sacrificial decision, and hence made the impossible to become possible for him to live to tell his story.

Today everyone is calling the tanker driver a hero but I believe It shouldn't just stop at that, but they should also learn a thing or two from him.

The man himself has Someone he calls a Hero, but he didn't just stop there, he followed the example of His Hero and hence also put his life in the line to save the lives of others, that why he's also called a hero today.

His Hero is Jesus Christ, the greatest Hero of all time who died to save humans from the danger of hell fire.

He went to hell fire and through hell fire Himself so humans wouldn't have to go to hell themselves and experience such torment.

The world needs more people who follow Christ's example like the tanker driver to save more human lives and to make the world a better place.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Much respect goes to all those who put their lives on the line to save other people's lives.

Being someone who lives a sacrificial life myself, I am able to empathize with such ones because i know what it entails and that it's not easy at all. That's why i have huge respect for them and really appreciate their efforts.

May God bless and keep ya'll safe as He did the tanker driver. In Jesus name.

Cc: JohnnA1
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
What a humanitarian.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by Righteousness2(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Absolutely!
The man really sacrificed himself for the lives of others.

Reminds me of a young Chosen man in Enugu who did something similar. This was during the Jonathan regime. I remember he was given a National honor by GEJ.

The young man was passing by , when he saw a Duplex building burning. He saw a woman downstair, screaming and crying that her children were sleeping in the house. People were just der looking. The young boy decided to risk him life to save the child. He went into the flame , going round until by GOD'S Grace he was able to locate the Children. One by one he was able to rescue the children. Until the last one who was a baby. He pulled off his cloth to wrap the baby, by this time , the smoke and fire was already affecting him. He got to the window and was able to throw the baby for people down to catch. By the time he was able to come out, he suffered some much burns. He was rushed and admitted in hospital, where he died after some weeks.

Before he died, one of top newspaper in Nigeria got to interview him. He was asked why he did what he did? He told them that Just as JESUS Christ gave HIS life for others, that as a Believer he did same. Before he died , he told his family in hospital, that they should not cry for him, that he is going to meet JESUS Christ. He died happily.

He was given a National honor During the Century Celebration of 100 greatest Nigerians during GEJ tenure. His Family received it on his behalf.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by kingxsamz(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lol, the man drove the truck knowing that he could die and that'll be the end of him.

Your Jesus who is also god, who is also omniscient, decided to die a death no one asked for, only to come back to life 3 days later and ascend into paradise, all in a bid to "wash away" sins. A meaningless sacrifice, especially when sin is still very much present in everyone.

It's not a sacrifice if you planned the whole thing from the beginning. Nobody send you message before. wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2022
kingxsamz:
Lol, the man drove the truck knowing that he could die and that'll be the end of him.

Your Jesus who is also god, who is also omniscient, decided to die a death no one asked for, only to come back to life 3 days later and ascend into paradise, all in a bid to "wash away" sins. A meaningless sacrifice, especially when sin is still very much present in everyone.

It's not a sacrifice if you planned the whole thing from the beginning. Nobody send you message before. wink
Yet Jesus inspired the man to do good as He's inspired many others, but who has your hero (probably spider man) inspired?

You should respect Jesus if not for anything else, as least for the extent to which He inspires people to do good to others.

He's inspired some of the kindest humans that have ever lived.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by PerfectJUSTICE: 8:34am On Jun 26, 2022
Nothing compares to God's love

1 Like

Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by kingxsamz(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Yet Jesus inspired the man to do good as He's inspired many others, but who has your hero (probably spider man) inspired?

You should respect Jesus if not for anything else, as least for the extent to which He inspires people to do good to others.

He's inspired some of the kindest humans that have ever lived.

Both the Jesus and Spider-Man are fictional characters and anyone can claim to be inspired by them because Spider-Man also does good to others.
Anyways, like I said, according to the story, the character Jesus AKA God, had to die only to resurrect after some days so as to exonerate himself from the mess he created, thereby making people feel guilty for his death, as if anybody send the guy message in the first place. grin
You can say all you want, but deep down you know that the story ain't clear.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2022
kingxsamz:

Both the Jesus and Spider-Man are fictional characters and anyone can claim to be inspired by them because Spider-Man also does good to others.
Anyways, like I said, according to the story, the character Jesus AKA God, had to die only to resurrect after some days so as to exonerate himself from the mess he created, thereby making people feel guilty for his death, as if anybody send the guy message in the first place. grin
You can say all you want, but deep down you know that the story ain't clear.
The point is that you can't deny the fact that regardless, Jesus has inspired more people to do good more than any one you know or respect.

So if you really cared about humanity as you claim, the least you could do is to show him some respect.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by kingxsamz(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
The point is that you can't deny the fact that regardless, Jesus has inspired more people to do good more than any one you know or respect.

So if you really cared about humanity as you claim, the least you could do is to show him some respect.

the least you could do is to show him some respect
If you're talking about the tanker driver and not the fictional character, yeah sure.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2022
kingxsamz:

If you're talking about the tanker driver and not the fictional character, yeah sure.
One day you would have a change of heart and Jesus would also become your Hero. Trust me.
Re: Who Thought A Tanker Driver Could Remind Us Of Christ? by kingxsamz(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
One day you would have a change of heart and Jesus would also become your Hero. Trust me.

grin grin
Okay bro, if that'll make you feel better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer Storms Court In Religious Attire, Says His Kids Will Do Same / Osinachi Nwachkwu Song Played To Evangelise In UK While Being Buried. Video. / Sacrifice Of Total Surrender To Gain Authority - Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.