Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 (5895 Views)

Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? / Buhari VS Atiku: How States Will Vote - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Pending the outcome of his VP candidate, you can't be sure Tinubu will win North Central. If he goes Muslim/Muslim, he loses NC, no story. His performance in Southern states will reduce too.

See, let's be factual. The best Tinubu can do in SW is 70% (that's an overestimation sev). In South South, he loses outrightly to PDP. In SE, he loses outrightly to PDP too. Remember that Tinubu is not Buhari, he can never do Buhari's number in NW and Kwankwanso will pinch votes off him so I believe he will win but it will be narrow especially if he goes Muslim/Christian.

Tinubu needs to win the North. Infact he must win the North.

Like I have always been saying, SE and SS will be won by PDP. Take it to the bank. Atiku will have a very impressive outing in NE and NC. Infact, he can possibly win one of the 2 zones.

Tinubu's major problem is this : He is a Southern candidate that will outrightly lose 2 zones in the South. . .how does he survive that against a Northern candidate when he is not Buhari?? you tell me

Who are these North Central? Kogi Kwara Niger Nasarawa Plateau and Benue

Regardless of Moslem-Moslem Kogi Kwara Nasarawa and Niger are predominantly Moslems and they wont have a problem with Moslem-Moslem

The only 2 NC states that are majority Christians are Benue and Plateau. So the choice for them is between Tinubu Moslem-Moslem ticket, Atiku -Fulani Moslem, or Obi - Rlatively unknown with no structure

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Miracle2020: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
garfield1:

The worst thing plateau fear is fulani or a core north candidate.everybody knows that tinubu is not a radical Muslim.they will prefer him to atiku.the middle belt forum has already rejected atiku and endorsed apc/labour
you will not see those crumbs again after the election. Atiku is the next president, it will be very hard for apc to get 3rd position.

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
garfield1:

Pdp was united in delta at then but now ibori is fighting okowa.even in delta north,he is facing a hurdles from nwaoboshi.delta central is a no go area.

Last I checked it was Ibori dollars that was used by Atiku for top off if you don't know. Go find out IBORI & ATIKU. SO BECAUSE IBORI IS NOT IN GOOD TERMS WITH OKOWA THEN THEY WOULD VOTE TINUBU? IBORI CANDIDATE FOR SENATE IN CENTRAL WHO IS GOING TO DELIVER HIM?

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Olaoluwa122:
Tinubu Can never flip Edo state...shey u dey mind him ni??...Atiku and P.O will shared the vote there

Atiku and PO sharing votes in Edo is bad news for both side

Assuming it should normally be APC 40% PDP 60%, Now it might end up being APC 40% PDP 30% LP 30%

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by walefresh3(m): 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Going by your analysis.

I struggle to see the path for Tinubu's victory.

If Tinubu cannot convincingly win Kebbi, Kaduna and Kano. How on earth will he win?
Tinubu just only need 30% votes from those state u mentioned... Automatically
Tinubu will win .. 9 states without serious challenge...
Lagos
Ogun
Oyo
Ondo
Edo
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara
Kogi annd some part of benue
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Atiku and PO sharing votes in Edo is bad news for both side

Assuming it should normally be APC 40% PDP 60%, Now it might end up being APC 40% PDP 30% LP 30%
Lol...Is either Atiku or P.O win the state...tinubu na distant third...

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Miracle2020:
According to tinubu crumbs eater abi?
Mr man,you should know that tinubu will not win even one state in the north. Buhari have a cult followers and buhari followers will not vote for tinubu because of his outburst against buhari in ogun state. Mind you,I am a northerner and iam speaking the mind of northern voters.

IF WE ARE TO BELIEVE THIS GUY, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE CHECK ON GARFIELD1 BEFORE HE GETS A HEART ATTACK. ELECTION IS 7 MONTHS AWAY AND BELIEVE ME SOME FOLKS IN THE NORTH WON'T FORGIVE TINUBU FOR THAT OUTBURST. I DON'T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAYS BUT I DON'T SEE TINUBU BEATING ATIKU IN THE NORTH PERIOD

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
walefresh3:

Lagos
Ogun
Oyo
Ondo
Edo
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara
Remove Edo Edo Ondo plss

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Olaoluwa122:

Its the same votes Atiku and PO are sharing

Assuming results of the last governorship election hold and the numbers remain the same

Total votes cast: 550,242

APC: 223,619

LP: 267

PDP: 307,955

SDP: 323
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54218355

Share the above numbers and let us see how it will go

Obis candidacy is the worst thing that happened to Atiku, the more popular Obi gets the better for Tinubu and the worse it gets for Atiku

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
walefresh3:

Lagos
Ogun
Oyo
Ondo
Edo
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara

Tinubu should win all SW states, 3-4 states in NC, 3 states in NW, 3 states in NE. That is a total of 16-17 states while winning over 25% in every SW NC, NW and NE state
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Fahdiga(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
Reality3080:
u people has lost touch with reality just like d Biafra madness of then

So u are saying obi will win all states 100%
Last time I checked you only have one vote if at all you have voter's card

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by walefresh3(m): 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
Miracle2020:
you will not see those crumbs again after the election. Atiku is the next president, it will be very hard for apc to get 3rd position.

Atiku can't win dis coming election ...
Ne and nw we be shared within kwawanso and atiku and tinubu will surely get 25% from each states in the Northeast and northwest....
Tinubu will get majority votes in North Central and 40 % in South South while sw will be a win-win for him
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
walefresh3:

Lagos
Ogun
Oyo
Ondo
Edo
Osun
Ekiti
Kwara...then Atiku should also win this state easily...delta Cross River..River...Taraba...Enugu..Adamawa...Akwaibom...Nasarawa....Ebonyi
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Regardless of Moslem-Moslem Kogi Kwara Nasarawa and Niger are predominantly Moslems and they wont have a problem with Moslem-Moslem

The only 2 NC states that are majority Christians are Benue and Plateau. So the choice for them is between Tinubu Moslem-Moslem ticket, Atiku -Fulani Moslem, or Obi - Rlatively unknown with no structure

I wonder how people think. So any state that is majority Muslim means Tinubu would win? Is Atiku going to contest in those states too? Why did Tinubu announce his VICE? HE IS a goner the moment he announces his vice weather a Muslim or a Christian

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
majole:

I wonder how people think. So any state that is majority Muslim means Tinubu would win? Is Atiku going to contest in those states too? Why did Tinubu announce his VICE? HE IS a goner the moment he announces his vice weather a Muslim or a Christian

If Tinubu announce a Moslem as vice, he is a goner from where?
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by DontBullshitMe: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
garfield1:

The apc structure is too strong in the north,PDP is weak.no matter what,tinubu will win the north.atiku can only win some northern states,that's all...infact,worse case scenario is a narrow win for tinubu...atiku is not a popular candidate to galvanise people to vote him like buhari.tinubu personally has enormous structures and goodwill up north.atiku will has already lost the south east. He will only win narrowly in the ss that's if he doesnt lose.if atiku isn't careful,he might win nil region tinubu has at least one region on lockdown,atiku has none
Yes, Tinubu can/will narrowly win the North but it might not be enough. He needs to do better to be extremely safe considering that there will be higher voters' turn out down South where he is weak.

In 2019.

North Total (NW+NE+NC)
APC - 11,700,033 (68.34%)
PDP - 5,421,107 (31.66%)
Total - 17,121,140 (APC & PDP only)

You see Buhari took 68% in total North. Almost 70%. Meaning he maxed out the North winning the 3 zones. If Tinubu does anything below 60% in total North, he will have problems.

South Total (SW+SE+SS) ;
APC - 3,491,814 (37.97%)
PDP - 5,703,387 (62.03%)
Total - 9,195,201 (APC & PDP only)

Though, going by 2019 Southern region results. Things look a bit promising for APC, no doubt especially If they can maintain this % or even slightly increase on it since a Southerner is their flag bearer.

A 40%+ for APC down South will wreck Atiku once Tinubu wins the North but he needs 60% to be extremely safe.

Also, do you think Northern voters will maintain their high voters turn out (almost doubled the South) like they did in 2019??
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Yes, Tinubu can/will narrowly win the North but it might not be enough. He needs to do better to be extremely safe considering that there will be higher voters' turn out down South where he is weak.

In 2019.

North Total (NW+NE+NC)
APC - 11,700,033 (68.34%)
PDP - 5,421,107 (31.66%)
Total - 17,121,140 (APC & PDP only)

You see Buhari took 68% in total North. Almost 70%. Meaning he maxed out the North winning the 3 zones. If Tinubu does anything below 60% in total North, he will have problems.

South Total (SW+SE+SS) ;
APC - 3,491,814 (37.97%)
PDP - 5,703,387 (62.03%)
Total - 9,195,201 (APC & PDP only)

Though, going by 2019 Southern region results. Things look a bit promising for APC, no doubt especially If they can maintain this % or even slightly increase on it since a Southerner is their flag bearer.

A 40%+ for APC down South will wreck Atiku once Tinubu wins the North but he needs 60% to be extremely safe.

Also, do you think Northern voters will maintain their high voters turn out (almost doubled the South) like they did in 2019??

I like your numbers analysis. Tinubu will never get Buharis number in the north.
Atiku will never get his 2019 numbers in the South as long as Obi continues to remain in the race
You are forgetting the Obi and Kwankwanso factor which are mainly traditional anti-APC votes

Obi candidacy is terrible news for Atiku

In the entire North I see Tinubu 40% Atiku 45% Kwankwanso 10% Obi 5%
In the entire South I see Tinubu 40%, Obi 30% Atiku 30% Kwankwanso 0%

Entire country rough average Tinubu 40%, Atiku 37%, Obi 18% Kwankwanso 5%

1 Like

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Prince111111: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
This guy makes me laugh with his beer parlor analysis grin

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Olaoluwa122:
Remove Edo Edo Ondo plss

BRO I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THE OPPOSITE OF GARFIELD1? GARFIELD1 IS PRO_ TINUBU & IT SEEMS YOU ARE ANTI_TINUBU? I BELIEVE EDO IS REALLY GOING TO BE TOSS UP. ANY OF THE 3 MIGHT WIN THOUGH I SEE ATIKU 1ST, TINUBU 2ND IN EDO
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
majole:

BRO I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THE OPPOSITE OF GARFIELD1? GARFIELD1 IS PRO_ TINUBU & IT SEEMS YOU ARE ANTI_TINUBU? I BELIEVE EDO IS REALLY GOING TO BE TOSS UP. ANY OF THE 3 MIGHT WIN THOUGH I SEE ATIKU 1ST, TINUBU 2ND IN EDO

From the news today, It seems Obaseki is pro-Obi and any ground Obi gains is bad news for Atiku

1 Like

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Prince111111:
This guy makes me laugh with his beer parlor analysis grin

Leave the guy jeje ohhhhh. He thinks for everybody politically

2 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by garfield1: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
Olaoluwa122:

Guy,what exactly is your problem? What do you gain from a northern presidency? Are you not tired of fulani supremacy
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
majole:

Yes boss am proudly anti tinubu...I think atiku will win edo...and P.O will take 40 to 45%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by garfield1: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

From the news today, It seems Obaseki is pro-Obi and any ground Obi gains is bad news for Atiku

They dont know
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by majole: 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=raumdeuter post=114026600]

Tinubu should win all SW states, 3-4 states in NC, 3 states in NW, 3 states in NE. That is a total of 16-17 states while winning over 25% in every SW NC, NW and NE state[/quote

Which state is Tinubu winning in the NW apart from Zamfara & Maybe Katsina?
In the NE he is winning YOBE/BORNO

IN THE NC He is winning Kwara & maybe Kogi.
Tinubu might not get 25% in Taraba/plateau & maybe Kano
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
Olaoluwa122:
Yes boss am proudly anti tinubu...I think atiku will win edo...and P.O will take 40 to 45%

So lets test your Maths. Obi takes 40 to 45% accoding to you. Now what percentage will Atiku take to win and what percentage will Tinubu take

Show the numbers
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2022
garfield1:

Guy,what exactly is your problem? What do you gain from a northern presidency? Are you not tired of fulani supremacy
No sir...PDP his where my interest lies for now...And we in the southwest say no Muslim Muslim ticket...

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by DontBullshitMe: 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

The thing about Muslim-Muslim ticket is that only Muslim extremists will see nothing wrong with it. Moderate Muslims might not support it out of sympathy. Like after Buhari's 8 years, Nigeria moves to a Muslim-Muslim ticket? The ticket will do well in NE and NW but that's where it ends. Also, consider that the Media will be harsh on the arrangement so much that some moderate Muslims will rather go for a Muslim-Christian ticket with a Muslim President as well.

So, In as much as majority of the NC states are Muslims, it does not mean they will necessarily be receptive of a Muslim-Muslim ticket. Though I believe that Atiku's Fulani ethnicity will cause him problems too.

Truth is : The race is too close to call especially with the emergence of LP and NNPP. Voting patterns can change.

3 Likes

Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

So lets test your Maths. Obi takes 40 to 45% accoding to you. Now what percentage will Atiku take to win and what percentage will Tinubu take

Show the numbers
angry angry
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
majole:
Which state is Tinubu winning in the NW apart from Zamfara & Maybe Katsina?
In the NE he is winning YOBE/BORNO

IN THE NC He is winning Kwara & maybe Kogi.
Tinubu might not get 25% in Taraba/plateau & maybe Kano

If according to you Tinubu wins Zamfara and Katsina, Are you saying he wont get 1 more state in the remaining 5 of Kebbi Sokoto Kaduna Jigawa and Kano?

If he wins Yobe and Borno, he will only need 1 state more from Bauchi Gombe. He might not even need it if he is able to get 4-5 states in NW
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by raumdeuter: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

The thing about Muslim-Muslim ticket is that only Muslim extremists will see nothing wrong with it. Moderate Muslims might not support it out of sympathy. Like after Buhari's 8 years, Nigeria moves to a Muslim-Muslim ticket? The ticket will do well in NE and NW but that's where it ends. Also, consider that the Media will be harsh on the arrangement so much that some moderate Muslims will rather go for a Muslim-Christian ticket with a Muslim President as well.

So, In as much as majority of the NC states are Muslims, it does not mean they will necessarily be receptive of a Muslim-Muslim ticket. Though I believe that Atiku's Fulani ethnicity will cause him problems too.

Truth is : The race is too close to call especially with the emergence of LP and NNPP. Voting patterns can change.

In which states do we have these moderate Moslems as the majority?

I agree this race is very close and IMO the more Obi gains the better for Tinubu. If I am Tinubu I will start funding Obi indirectly especially in SE and SS. If Obi can clear all SE That makes it 60% possibility of Tinubu presidency if Obi adds 1-2 SS states it becomes 70% Tinubu presidency and 3-4 SS states bros Tinubu has won

Unless Obi can align with Kwankwanso on the same ticket

All of these Obi gains na Atiku go dey cry pass
Re: How Swing States Will Vote In 2023 by Olaoluwa122: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Too close...yea...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Possible Basis For Court's Upturning INEC Election Declaration / Woye Gives Advice To New Federal Ministers / Is Lamido Sanusi (CBN Governor) Pursuing A Hidden Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.