Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (46628 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:
In 2017 before covid...
Do we have a list for Lagos? Or there is none?
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
OderaOdesigo:

Please read it for me and then break it down, since you appear to have comprehension challenges.
I wrote it. I don't need to read it again.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by swissgoldenpro2: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin
PericomaNwankwo:

Did I ??
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by OmoEpe(m): 3:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:

I did not do that. Check my attachment

Did read the article? Did you see anything about the recession? etc

By a billion who had been investing before possibly your mother was born?

Where is the money? It was liquidated through an unknown broker into a private wallet.

Give your company for Tinubu to run not Nigeria

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Soso990240:
grin So u cant tell us what Tinubu did with the Billions he Borrowed? You people always say that Tinubu generated much revenue for Lagos state, i agree.. but where is the money? what did he use #530 billion loan he borrowed for? what did he used the $143 million dollars he borrowed for? we de complain of Buhari borrowing, go and read about ur master Tinubu. So u were deef when Okonjo iwela told the then Government of this coming recession and asked state Government to invest and save? You are here blaming an economists that understood the implication of what the finance minister said and obeyed, yet you praise the Governors that embezzled funds and even borrowed Billions too.. chaii..ur IQ level is below 20% walahi. So you cant mention what Tinubu was doing before he became Governor? Why is Tinubu still collecting individual task from every shop in every market in Lagos state? After explaining all these, if u still expect me to tell you that Tinubu is the most corrupt Politician in Nigeria, then you will wait for Long. I have my fellow sincere yorubas that know who Tinubu truly is. Ask Obanikoro or Jimi Agbaje who Tinubu is
ok bro no vex. Abeg choose your devil make I chose my own. For me I go choose a Yoruba devil.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Soso990240(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
ok bro no vex. Abeg choose your devil make I chose my own. For me I go choose a Yoruba devil.
ok bro.. but point of direction.. i am not choosing a devil.. i am choosing the best option available for now.. That is Peter Obi..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Sixfiguresmart(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:

Apologies Chairman. I have heard you. I was trying to remove my focus from the price of rice and the rice in Tinubu's warehouse. grin
You are supporting my point of view actually. Obi the investor is my choice.
Thank you, bro.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by shigishege: 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Soso990240:
ok bro.. but point of direction.. i am not choosing a devil.. i am choosing the best option available for now.. That is Peter Obi..
ok peter obi is a saint.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
modsfucker:

Same as Buhari, nothing to pin him with, but guyman failed woefully... So that shouldn't be a yardstick at all.
Who said? There were a lot but you didn't want to see it.

His time as the head of state was a disaster. He ran PTF street. Sidelined board members and handed it over to his relatives to run without supervision. He would easily say it was not him. Billions missed under him in PTF, billions missed under him as commissioner for petroleum in 1978. We shouted here but you guys wouldn't listen. We are shouting again.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Eleken: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi's supporters had claimed that his investment grew in dollar value, so that justifies debunking the claim based on the dollar value. However, there is value in continuing the debate so there's no reason why we shouldn't feature this thread also. It still doesn't look like a great investment to me though.
Really... show us the one you baba at villa invested so far aside borrowing.. Buhari has borrowed unborn children future.. waking up to repay their grandpa debts.. what a sham..
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

....but he's a chronic liar..
When you see liars, you dey fit talk?

You know your reasons. You have a preferred candidate you chose based on primordial reasons. You are mow looking gor a way to malign his opponent who you feel is better qualified
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
CSTRR:

He is a businessman.

An importer long before he entered politics.
He has businesses in the UK and was recently invited by the UK govt for a dinner for business owners in the UK

If every businessman shipped their money away to hide abroad with zero taxes paid to Nigeria, this country go don vaporize.

You poor man is paying taxes on your small change while Pandora run to go hide his own $15 Million without paying 1 kobo in taxes to pay salary, build road or bridge here in Nigeria

Sometimes I just wonder about people like you.

Its not secret account. You just did not know.

How old be this one, What kind of talk is this..? grin grin

The relevant authorities know about it.

They saw him when he opened his pandora account and even sabi how much dey inside..

Comedian.. grin grin

His taxes are up to date. He already submitted his tax returns dating back more than 10 years to the FIRS.

How exactly do you pay taxes on money hidden in a foreign jurisdiction?

Dude, abeg confine yourself to primary school argument.

grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by ManirBK: 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
How are you bruh? Hope you are doing great?
pls bro do not take it as tribalism but that's the truet. Obi is good and famous but only in his region. you can't compare him with Tinubu. why because Tinubu is MARADONA in politics all south West are going to vote for him no doubt about that 98%,
in the Northern part, the votes are going to be divided ATIKU 40% KWANKWASO 40% Tinubu 28% Obi 2%.
finally you can say what you want to say about south south an south East votes. What ever the out come there Obi may end up behind Tinubu and Atiku who may obtain the highest vote cast in the country.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Shikini: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
I knew ...
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Panda7(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Peter Obi Invested N1.96 billion and the value now is N2.24 billion (Picture)

Response to “Peter Obi's $12.24 m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38 m
https://www.nairaland.com/7189779/peter-obis-12.24m-investment-breweries#114025775

I read through the article titled “Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m” and I saw a desperate attempt to find something negative on Peter Obi’s past. The writer obviously did not think through the implication of his deceptive title. Because there is no tangible thing to use again Peter, he had to exploit the outcome of fiscal policy and economic failure of Buhari’s administration to craft a title that the BMC crew will feast on. Obviously the BMC crew do not have the mind of their own and cannot think for themselves. Otherwise they would have understood the implication of the intellectual yahoo-yahoo displayed by the author of that article.

To put the record straight, N1.96 billion was invested and N2.24B (CBN) or (N3.28B) black market is the value today. There was no loss whichever way you want to look at it. it is disingenuous to report the values in dollars while you talk about Tinubu’s forced investment in Naira. ( https://technext.ng/2022/06/02/did-bola-tinubu-bring-econet-nigeria-2001/)
In fact, you have to praise Peter for investing a company that did not go bankrupt under Buhari’s administration.

Dangote, the richest man in Africa had a net worth of $7bn as at April, 2016 as against $25bn he was worth in 2014. (https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/). That was an $18bn or 72% loss incurred under Buhari’s body language induced recession. Tinubu told us he single-handedly made Buhari Nigeria’s president. Even now, with Federal governments push such as selective opening of the land bother to allow him export his products, Dangote is yet recover. His current Net is still $14.2 billion.

Going by Dangote’s experience, we now know that the company lost at least 72% of its equity value. Because we do not know the profit made as at 2014, we shall work with the investment capital which was $12.24 million. Assuming there was no growth, losing 72% means $8.81 million was lost. So as at April, 2016, the value of the investment was $3.43 million. This company has without any government’s incentive grown the $3.43 million by $1.95 million to get $5.38 million. That is 36% growth in 6 years under Buhari’s hash economy. That tells you that Peter is an investor and wealth creator.

The writer of the article actually shot Buhari and Tinubu(Buhari’s Godfather) on the back because he just highlighted the damage Buhari has done to our economy.

did you say peter played two odd??
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

In 2018 before Covid nko? How much did Anambra made off that investment?

Do you not have chart for that?

That really was a laughable excuse.
How exactly was that laughable?.lots of companies shut down down
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by jamesharryson(m): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
shigishege:
oga who ask him to dey keep money anyhow without utilising them on tangible things. Na so him mate they do?? Lagos governors for they keep development money without using them for development una for dey run come Lagos in batches today?
Since the time we have been using the money for development, what have we achieved? Pls allow us save it
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by OderaOdesigo: 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
I wrote it. I don't need to read it again.

Then stop wasting my time.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
OderaOdesigo:

Then stop wasting my time.
lol typical
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
OmoEpe:
bbbbb
OK. God bless you.
Please vote for Peter Obi. He is the best person for the post and he is meant to help you and I.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Panda7:

did you say peter played two odd??
Actual We don't bet. Explain it in plain terms
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by perez100: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
Peter Obi is unstoppable
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Afamed: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
Cyoung4real:

Oga he made that statement in 2018 and the value then was close to $98M go and verify and stop being smart by half
Did he invest $20m as he claimed?
Una no dey tire to package this Obi numerous lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by modsfucker: 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Who said? There were a lot but you didn't want to see it.

His time as the head of state was a disaster. He ran PTF street. Sidelined board members and handed it over to his relatives to run without supervision. He would easily say it was not him. Billions missed under him in PTF, billions missed under him as commissioner for petroleum in 1978. We shouted here but you guys wouldn't listen. We are shouting again.

But he dared anyone with proof of corruption against him to bring it on, and if there were any, PDP would've used it against him when they were in power.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CSTRR: 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
plaindealer:

If every businessman shipped their money away to hide abroad with zero taxes paid to Nigeria, this country go don vaporize.

You poor man is paying taxes on your small change while Pandora run to go hide his own $15 Million without paying 1 kobo in taxes to pay salary, build road or bridge here in Nigeria

Sometimes I just wonder about people like you.

How old be this one, What kind of talk is this..? grin grin

They saw him when he opened his pandora account and even sabi how much dey inside..

Comedian.. grin grin

How exactly do you pay taxes on money hidden in a foreign jurisdiction?

Dude, abeg confine yourself to primary school argument.

grin grin
You are creating stories out if thin air.

Peter obi does not evade taxes. That is a crime.
Tax evasion is a crime.

He pays taxes on businesess he has in Nigeria and the same to the UK.

He already submitted his tax returns to the FIRS when they asked for it long ago.

What Peter obi did was tax avoidance.
That is not a crime.

Tax avoidance is minimising taxable loopholes in your business.

Moving funds to a tax Haven is a part of tax avoidance.
You are reducing a loophole that can increase your tax burden.
It's not a crime.

The crime is when you EVADE to pay taxes on your legitimately and compulsorily taxable income.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
modsfucker:

But he dared anyone with proof of corruption against him to bring it on, and if there were any, PDP would've used it against him when they were in power.
Yea like Northern controlled EFCC, NSA? The people (Dasuki) that had intelligence on him and hid it from Jonathan. when he won, he turned on him and others.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by poweredcom(m): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
I don't blame many people here supporting tinubu against the noble peter obi

They are not sensible , they are tribalist and bigotry minded people who see nothing

Peter obi is a man who is more transparent than that tinubu and Atiku and he can save this disgraced nation
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by modsfucker: 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Yea like Northern controlled EFCC, NSA? The people (Dasuki) that had intelligence on him and hid it from Jonathan. when he won, he turned on him and others.

Obadanjo, a Southerner was there for good 8 years, and Buhari became a thorn in his flesh with his serial candidacy, which made him the only serious opposition over the years.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Panda7(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
Actual We don't bet. Explain it in plain terms

are you izzar??
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by OderaOdesigo: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
agabaI23:
lol typical

Typical of you always commenting on every thread from morning till night everyday.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Cyoung4real(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Afamed:

Did he invest $20m as he claimed?
Una no dey tire to package this Obi numerous lies

How much did he invest? And what was the value as of 2018? You are marketing him while trying to demarket him grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Carries Saraki Up, Moments After CCT Cleared His Charges / Tinubu's In-Law, Tee Mac Spotted At Peter Obi's Lagos Rally (Pictures) / CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.