Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) (48564 Views)

₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Navalsadiq(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2022
agabaI23:
That's fine. But if it turns out you are the one shocked, hope you won't. mind?
there is nothing new in politics.get your PVC and encourage others to.Labour party has no structure to win an election
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by omohayek: 9:54am On Jun 23, 2022
CSTRR:

so who is the substance -full candidate you are supporting?

Let me give you a chance.
None of them. I consider it the height of madness to pick a candidate based on tribe or religion without knowing what the candidate stands for and how he or she plans to achieve said ends. I'm waiting to hear what the candidates' actual policy proposals are, how they intend to pay for them, and whether they can be trusted to follow through on their promises if they win.

Atiku's plans for deregulation and privatisation sound very appealing, but the man himself has such a shady past in such matters that I don't know how much I should believe anything he says. Tinubu's desire to widen the tax base and massively improve education spending are also very positive steps, and he's also made clear that he will finally get rid of the idiotic multiple-exchange-rate scheme, but I worry that he will otherwise leave intact most of the statist bloat that Buhari has put in place. As for Obi, he is the only candidate who has yet to say anything concrete whatsoever about what he plans to do differently if he gets the presidency, and he has the additional challenge of explaining how he plans to achieve his plans in the face of two NASS chambers that will be in the hands of the APC and PDP - what is to stop them from frustrating his every proposal as America's Republicans routinely do to Democratic presidents?

If Obi and his supporters were providing detailed, plausible answers to questions like these, I might have had some reason to think of him as something other than the same old wine in a new "Labor Party" wineskin of convenience. Instead they content themselves with fabricating quotes, picking stats out of context, ignoring glaring evidence of Obi's past misdeeds, and insulting people with tribal epithets, as if Igbo votes alone could win him the election. The irony is that the one candidate this year who seemed to have all the right answers to Nigeria's questions was also an Igbo man - Moghalu - but his campaign never got any traction with the same lot now pushing Obi as a "genius" with a supposedly saintly character? Why is that, especially when they say they want new blood with fresh ideas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CSTRR: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2022
omohayek:

None of them. I consider it the height of madness to pick a candidate based on tribe or religion without knowing what the candidate stands for and how he or she plans to achieve said ends. I'm waiting to hear what the candidates' actual policy proposals are, how they intend to pay for them, and whether they can be trusted to follow through on their promises if they win.

Atiku's plans for deregulation and privatisation sound very appealing, but the man himself has such a shady past in such matters that I don't know how much I should believe anything he says. Tinubu's desire to widen the tax base and massively improve education spending are also very positive steps, and he's also made clear that he will finally get rid of the idiotic multiple-exchange-rate scheme, but I worry that he will otherwise leave intact most of the statist bloat that Buhari has put in place. As for Obi, he is the only candidate who has yet to say anything concrete whatsoever about what he plans to do differently if he gets the presidency, and he has the additional challenge of explaining how he plans to achieve his plans in the face of two NASS chambers that will be in the hands of the APC and PDP - what is to stop them from frustrating his every proposal as America's Republicans routinely do to Democratic presidents?

If Obi and his supporters were providing detailed, plausible answers to questions like these, I might have had some reason to think of him as something other than the same old wine in a new "Labor Party" wineskin of convenience. Instead they content themselves with fabricating quotes, picking stats out of context, ignoring glaring evidence of Obi's past misdeeds, and insulting people with tribal epithets, as if Igbo votes alone could win him the election. The irony is that the one candidate this year who seemed to have all the right answers to Nigeria's questions was also an Igbo man - Moghalu - but his campaign never got any traction with the same lot now pushing Obi as a "genius" with a supposedly saintly character? Why is that, especially when they say they want new blood with fresh ideas?
Guy, you are just a hater.

Peter obi is the only person with a plan and has the integrity to back it up.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by omohayek: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2022
CSTRR:

Guy, you are just a hater.
And here we have another Obi supporter, living up to all the stereotypes. How many converts are you expecting to win over through ad hominems? How does calling me a "hater" answer any of my questions about the man and his movement?

Peter obi is the only person with a plan and has the integrity to back it up.
Really? What are those plans, and where can I read up on them? And how is it a mark of "integrity" to break the law by setting up hidden accounts in offshore tax havens, 4 years after becoming governor?

No facts, just insults and bald assertions in flagrant contradiction of well-attested public evidence. Thanks for providing such a vivid illustration of everything that is wrong with your sham of a tribalistic campaign masquerading as a political movement.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Seun(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Why not do your research. Engaging paid Tinubu supporters like Theman18 is a waste of time.

I for one will always read on my own sha
Most Nigerians are too tribalsitic and only speak from a tribal point of view
Where can I get this information? Do you know?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by KingOfTheDamned: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Seun:
Where can I get this information? Do you know?

David hundeyin can help you out
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Navalsadiq:
there is nothing new in politics.get your PVC and encourage others to.Labour party has no structure to win an election
We already heard that. Why are you guy wasting your energy looking for that doesn't exist in a party that has no structure. Why not face Atiku or Tinubu depending on who you're happy with.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by omorttee4u(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
Seun:
Can we get a list of the companies he invested in?

Mr seun,are you now into politics? You already making a headline on your view about perter obi.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by CSTRR: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
omohayek:
And here we have another Obi supporter, living up to all the stereotypes. How many converts are you expecting to win over through ad hominems? How does calling me a "hater" answer any of my questions about the man and his movement?

Really? What are those plans, and where can I read up on them? And how is it a mark of "integrity" to break the law by setting up hidden accounts in offshore tax havens, 4 years after becoming governor?

No facts, just insults and bald assertions in flagrant contradiction of well-attested public evidence. Thanks for providing such a vivid illustration of everything that is wrong with your sham of a tribalistic campaign masquerading as a political movement.
I don't need to convince you.
I don't even want to convince you.

The man has a track record. Go and start from that.
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by plaindealer: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

How exactly was that laughable?.lots of companies shut down down

Laughable because the company was not profitable when Pandora wasted the state money to invest in that company, it was losing money when Pandora was stil the governor, up until 2018 before covid.

So, the covid excuse was laughable ..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by omohayek: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
CSTRR:

I don't need to convince you.
I don't even want to convince you.
Great, that's exactly the spirit that will garner Obi a landslide victory, taken straight out of the pages of "How to Win Friends and Influence People"! Nothing boosts a candidacy better than its supporters telling everyone else to effectively go to hell.

The man has a track record. Go and start from that.
You seem to be under the delusion that it's the job of undecided voters like myself to sell ourselves on your candidate, rather than it being incumbent upon you and your candidate to sell him to us. What an innovative approach to conducting a political campaign! I wonder why no successful outsider campaigns have ever thought of it before now ...

This egocentric attitude is precisely why I feel secure in saying that Obi has no chance of coming close to the presidency. By the time his cheerleaders are done alienating the rest of the Nigerian electorate, Obi will count himself lucky to finish even fourth after Kwankwaso (whose supporters have none of the bile and arrogance of Obi's following).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by Afamed: 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Cyoung4real:

How much did he invest? And what was the value as of 2018? You are marketing him while trying to demarket him grin
Don't be silly
Re: Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) by agabaI23(m): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
omohayek:

Great, that's exactly the spirit that will garner Obi a landslide victory, taken straight out of the pages of "How to Win Friends and Influence People"! Nothing boosts a candidacy better than its supporters telling everyone else to effectively go to hell.

You seem to be under the delusion that it's the job of undecided voters like myself to sell ourselves on your candidate, rather than it being incumbent upon you and your candidate to sell him to us. What an innovative approach to conducting a political campaign! I wonder why no successful outsider campaigns have ever thought of it before now ...

This egocentric attitude is precisely why I feel secure in saying that Obi has no chance of coming close to the presidency. By the time his cheerleaders are done alienating the rest of the Nigerian electorate, Obi will count himself lucky to finish even fourth after Kwankwaso (whose supporters have none of the bile and arrogance of Obi's following).
I want you to vote for Peter and I will give you reasons. If there is something you're looking for specifically, let me know

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) / Atiku Abubakar Visits Calabar , See The Crowd That Welcomed Him - Pictures / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.