Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister (38567 Views)

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Bombings: Shows Pictures Of Attackers / Lying In State Of The Holy Communion Children In Sri Lanka Bombing(pic) / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by stigman(m): 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Just $700m come to Nigeria and see how much they borrowed on our behalf

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by cenk1985: 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
HolinessForever:

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/sri-lankas-pm-says-its-debt-laden-economy-has-collapsed-12638329

Continuation of this present Nigeria government will lead the entire nation to this situation, failed economy is as a result of failed government.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Whisk(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
When will Baba open up and tell us the truth about Nigeria's situation.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
This can be Nigeria's future unless we

1.Stop spending money on subsides...so that we can attract investment in the power and petroleum sector....and thus more money, and jobs and increased production, and improvements in generation and refining...paid for by private...not government money.

With improved generation, we can have more industries, and with improved refining, no more fuel scarcity, no more wasting scarce forex on oil imports, more exporting of refined products for more dollars, and more jobs.

Yes, fuel will cost N500 per liter and power N150 per kwh. I get it. Nigeria is poor. But it would get better.

2.Start actually fighting corruption, not the one where Ganduje gets a pass because 'he is a governor'

3.Start spending more on education, health, and industry.

4.GET OFF OIL. get off OIL.

P.S See below...

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Lightorder: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
Sri Lanka economy go dey learn work from Nigeria own by the time these two thieves waiting to be elected go into power. Many Nigerians’ destinies are destined for collapse. That is why they will never learn from what happened in 2015 till date
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by mema900: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nurudeen06:
Oh

May God help them out embarassed

I think you should pray for 9ja instead...2023 is going to be tough for everyone
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Thorondor: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Let them call jakasembung to help restore the economy. Let him use that power that he used against the blind swordmam on the economy
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lol which Collapse? Ordinary small Sapa hold these ones, They are shouting Collapse. Come to Nigeria and see "Real Collapsing™" and people are still standing gidigba..
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
A lot of people are shouting ..we borrowed.

If we did not borrow, we would have been in an even worse state than we are now.

So, at the end of the day we have to borrow.

It is why relying on revenue from oil and oil alone is one of the biggest mistakes of this current government.

P,.S See below.

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Theoarhics: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
Buhari's mentor
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Kenmatt(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
pseudonomer:

Sri Lanka is worse. I have friends from there… and they also talk about how corrupt their government is, exactly like the we complain about Nigeria.

Have you checked Venezuela out?
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by MatrixCircle: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Sri Lanka will never walk alone we Nigeria have been walking that road since 2015. sad
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by LINTUNE(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:
All these world's billionaires won't see humanity to save ......just a billion dollar from Ellon musk, Jeff, or Buffet and over 20million people will be saved from abject poverty and hunger, instead they will be buying rockets to fly them to Mars and Jupiter
as in eh..they will now be doing eye service charity.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
The president was bond enough to say the truth. Unlike buhari and APC.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Kenmatt(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
markidoo:
Chai, but I believe say e no collapse pass national grid, e no collapse pass unemployment for Nigeria, e no collapse pass the inflation on food items for the Nigeria, the good thing is that they have realized it. If and only if our leaders fit realize how collapsed we are as a country... maybe we for start to build from somewhere

Minister of Information and Culture; Lai Muhammad announced it when Nigeria dived into recession.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is what Tinubu/Atiku have come to complete
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lightorder:
Sri Lanka economy go dey learn work from Nigeria own by the time these two thieves waiting to be elected go into power. Many Nigerians’ destinies are destined for collapse. That is why they will never learn from what happened in 2015 till date

Truer words have never being said. Even Nigeria's Economy Is worst than these countries. The only reason It's not so obvious Is because "Most Nigerians" are used to Extreme Hardship & Suffering. Believe me. When you Visit these Nations and compare the level of their Infrastructure to ours, You will understand me better. And less I forget, Nigerians can't be crushed totally by anyone no matter how wicked and heartless the person Is, No matter how harsh they want to elevate the condition of the Poor People, They will always adjust and continue with their suffering. I have seen more than enough..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Brushstrokes20: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
Except the shithole is urgently rescued from the diabolic claws of these self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS, Nig is next! undecided

# A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by BarrElChapo(m): 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:
All these world's billionaires won't see humanity to save ......just a billion dollar from Ellon musk, Jeff, or Buffet and over 20million people will be saved from abject poverty and hunger, instead they will be buying rockets to fly them to Mars and Jupiter

It was corruption that brought them there, why should they help ? I've watched an Aljazeera documentary on this country and this issue like 2 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:

Okay, suppose Musk, Buffet and Gates donated 20 billion each to Sri Lanka?

What happens when the money runs out?

These guys already donate to Charites which help the third world....but the thing is....a nation has to keep on making money.

I would be happy now if I got 20 million naira today. But what happens when the money runs out eventually? Do I go and start begging for another 20 million or even 1 billion? or do i find a way to keep on making money consistently.

Countries that rely on aid money are chronically broke and poor.

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by compton11(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
BePrepared:
Sincerely Nigeria is quarter to this...

When we tell people to vote people who know economic strategies, they refuse because of religious and ethnic sentiments.

My happiness is that there was no special markets for Muslims during Nigerian own
and their is no special markets for Christians too grin grin grin

Do u know osinbajo your fellow Protestant Is the chairman of economy council?? grin grin
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Lexusgs430: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nigeria should take note ........
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by funshow21: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nigeria ll get there soon smiley
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Watch how china would buy the country
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Babaken(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
One country in this west Africa is heading the same direction where a liter of fuel is now 750naira in equivalent accommodation is sky rocketing they still claim to be the best.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by IPIGSRHYPO: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
FalseProphet1:
These are the people that usually do De Rica tin tomatoes those days before other brands overshadowed them. Cos I know I use to see made in Sri Lanka on the tin. It's a pity.

Anyways they can higher Peter Obi to help them boost their economy till next year before our election so that it can boost his CV.

This I have seen.

They should "higher" Peter Obi-tuary for more lies and failed investments like your English?
grin
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
markidoo:
Chai, but I believe say e no collapse pass national grid, e no collapse pass unemployment for Nigeria, e no collapse pass the inflation on food items for the Nigeria, the good thing is that they have realized it. If and only if our leaders fit realize how collapsed we are as a country... maybe we for start to build from somewhere

You are Wise & Intelligent. I didn't even View this comment before I posted on this News. Nigeria has been destroyed beyond recognition but because "Most Nigerians" are Zombies, Dull, Gullible, Senseless, Uneducated, illiterates, and used to Extreme Suffering & Hardship" Is the reason why they aren't aware that they are finished already. Unlike the likes of Sri Lanka & Others functioning as a nation Is the reason why they are self aware of the development. But A lot of Zombies here biggest need Is Just to Eat, Pray, Fvck, Breed like Pigs, Engage In misplaced priorities & Sleep" The few people who are doing quite fine and the Fake Scammers everywhere Is still making the nation looks like something meaningful Is still going on lol..
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Chopcy29: 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
You collapsed something that was handed over to you by your people and still has the gods to open your shithole to tell them this gibberish

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Adakintroy: 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Too much fear news to buster end time points.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by bluefilm: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
The Great Reset has taken down another pawn.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Machinegun91(m): 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
May God help them oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) / Harris Mocked For Exaggerated Facial Expressions As Trump Spoke At Debate.... / Turkish Policeman Kills Russian Ambassador To Turkey Over Aleppo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.