Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister (38571 Views)

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Bombings: Shows Pictures Of Attackers / Lying In State Of The Holy Communion Children In Sri Lanka Bombing(pic) / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by polymers: 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
[quote author=FalseProphet1 post=114057683]These are the people that usually do De Rica tin tomatoes those days before other brands overshadowed them. Cos I know I use to see made in Sri Lanka on the tin. It's a pity.

Anyways they can higher Peter Obi to help them boost their economy till next year before our election so that it can boost his CV.

Higher and Lower...All these Peter Obi online supporters with queen's English..I pray Labour party will not LABOUR in vain ...Amen!
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by EBEk101(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dboyisnoturmate:

Sri Lanka is not Africa
Oh my bad �
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Charly68: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
We shall be praying for you. The God that is helping Nigerians will help you in this trying time
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by HeavenShield: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2022
I hope those stupid and brain dead politicians that have been running Nigeria aground have heard this and know there is time for everything and I hope all those Tinubu and Atiku supporters can decipher these information and do the needful in 2023!

#OurMumuDonDo
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by godofuck231: 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Buhari don go invest there be that
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Basher8583: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
wwwtortoise:
shocked

This is what happens when one goes borrowing for consumption and not production.
It then gets to a point where lenders dodge you like a bullet same way China and EU are shying away from lending to Nigeria thereby forcing her to borrow internally from her CBN.

Then inflation kicks in . . .

Thank God for social media. Illiterates can now form like they are trully intelligent.

See this one thinking he's sound in economics. Na how them teach you for school be dat. Or you go school sef.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by markidoo(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Reflect7:

SHUT YOUR STINKING LIPS.

HAVE YOU RESEARCHED SRI LANKA TO KNOW IF THEY HAVE WORSE PROBLEMS?

OF COURSE NOT.

YOU JUST ASSUME OUT OF INFERIORITY COMPLEX THAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE WORSE.

NATION OF CURSED SELF HATERS DROWNED IN LOW SELF ESTEEM.

THIS IS HOW YOU ANIMALS END UP AS SLAVES IN LIBYA, LEBANON ETC, SUCKING ARAB DICKS FOR DOG FOOD THEY THROW YOU ON THE FLOOR.

BECAUSE TO YOUR BRAINWASHED, STUPID HEADS, THEY ARE ALL ''BETTER THAN NIGERIA'' EVEN IF HALF THEIR COUNTRY IS BURNING IN WAR AND THE OTHER HALF STARVING.

TOMORROW YOU WILL RUN TO SRI LANKA TO TURN SLAVE.

DUMB, STUPID, IGNORANT FOOLS.

DON'T APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE...... KEEP BEING DUMB........ WORTHLESS.
Make Satan leave Wetin him dey do punish your generations,, your a arse hole for quoting me
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Ohuhunsulurep: 1:18am On Jun 23, 2022
hybrid77:
grin

Tinubu would sink this country. Get your PVC and vote for a stingy prudent candidate..

Structure and ethnicity has not helped us..

Im Urhobo and i am fully obedient
God bless you brother
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Malachite: 2:24am On Jun 23, 2022
markidoo:
Chai, but I believe say e no collapse pass national grid, e no collapse pass unemployment for Nigeria, e no collapse pass the inflation on food items for the Nigeria, the good thing is that they have realized it. If and only if our leaders fit realize how collapsed we are as a country... maybe we for start to build from somewhere

you sound so stupid, every thing is the government. stop relying on government and help yourself.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Hamachi(f): 3:14am On Jun 23, 2022
kponkedenge:
This is the future of Nigeria if we don't get it right this time.

I'm just thinking how we are going to pay for all the billions of dollars Buhari borrowed during his tenure..... Money that is being currently looted with no tangible investment to repay in the long run.

Little wonder why World Bank stopped loaning money to Nigeria, and we decided to turn to China.
They have mortgage the future hence the taxing of business to high heaven.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by vicfajeze: 4:24am On Jun 23, 2022
Fira09:
Why Nigeria own is dead already.
not dead,but in comatoes!!!
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by markidoo(m): 4:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Malachite:

you sound so stupid, every thing is the government. stop relying on government and help yourself.
I bet you're the biggest pauper in your community, id iot, the only sense you have is to use and spew rubbish behind your keypad go and get yourself a life .

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by mediclife1987(m): 5:38am On Jun 23, 2022
kponkedenge:
This is the future of Nigeria if we don't get it right this time.

I'm just thinking how we are going to pay for all the billions of dollars Buhari borrowed during his tenure..... Money that is being currently looted with no tangible investment to repay in the long run.

Little wonder why World Bank stopped loaning money to Nigeria, and we decided to turn to China.

My fear na just the money wey I dey save for Cowrywise. Make Naija no go become Sri Lanka one day make my money come disappear...
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by mediclife1987(m): 5:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Schrodinger2:
My Sri Lankan colleague once hinted this.

What and how did he hint it please, so I can know when Nigeria's own starts looming, for me to make my escape route...
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Munzy14(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
These are the people that usually do De Rica tin tomatoes those days before other brands overshadowed them. Cos I know I use to see made in Sri Lanka on the tin. It's a pity.

Anyways they can higher Peter Obi to help them boost their economy till next year before our election so that it can boost his CV.

This I have seen.
Hire grin
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Lovelypet28: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=mediclife1987 post=114069159]

What and how did he hint it please, so I can know when Nigeria's own starts looming, for me to make my escape route...[/quote

Start making the exit now, Nigeria is irredemable.
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2022
Make he step down for Peter obi
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by wink2015(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2022
Sri Lanka is one of the worst case scenario of what bad leadership can do to a country.

That was why Nigerians were cautioning President Muhammadu Buhari to stop borrowing money from China and other countries.

President Buhari federal administration was abusing the funds borrowed

Sri Lanka is not endowed with minerals resources like Nigeria that is blessed with crude oil etc

Sri Lanka main export is tea which they had been growing right from the British colonial days.

The RAJAPAKSA leader destroyed the economy before violent uprising led to his remover from government.

NIGERIA SHOULD LEARN FROM THE TRAGIC STORY OF SRI LANKA AS OUR FINANCIAL EXPENDITURE ARE GETTING ABOVE OUR REVENUE AND INCOME.

2 Likes

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Afripriest(m): 8:41am On Jun 23, 2022
China is only responsible for less than 15% of their debt lol.... their leaders is responsible
Brendaniel:
Thanks to China, same way Buhari wants to collapse the Nigerian economy in partnership with China and Tinubu wants to continue from where he stops, we can stop this from happening.

Don't let Nigeria be like Sri-lanka, vote right, Vote Obi
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by naijaman2225(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2022
Awoleesu:
Solution is simple; Sri Lanka should surrender her sovereignty to India!
NOT POSSIBLE. THAT SOVEREIGNTY ALREADY BELONGS TO CHINA.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by naijaman2225(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

Great reset from China LMAO

Zambia or any of the poor African countries highly indebted to China is next. Unlike western countries, China does not forgive debts. You don't pay, they take over the country's infrastructure.

Those poor countries were warned by Europe about China's debt trap but they did not listen. They are now chopping the breakfast.
REMAIN BLESSED. YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW ON NL WHO UNDERSTAND CHINA'S END GAME.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by naijaman2225(m): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2022
railone:
US please stay out of this one before they online warrior say you guys want to encircle China
EXACTLY. SRI LANKA IS CHINA'S BABY. LET CHINA HANDLE THE MESS.

1 Like

Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by clockwisereport: 9:14am On Jun 23, 2022
EBEk101:
Why wouldn’t it collapse when stupid African countries imports everything they consume
sri lanka is in asia
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by clockwisereport: 9:19am On Jun 23, 2022
The only thing i can recall about Sri Lanka are the church bombing and the tamil tigers terrost group of Sri Lanka
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Awoleesu(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2022
naijaman2225:

NOT POSSIBLE. THAT SOVEREIGNTY ALREADY BELONGS TO CHINA.
Oh! I see...
Sri Lankans share common ancestry with India than China.
Besides, the PM in his speech gave credit to India for supporting Sri Lanka with aids... Not a single mention of China!

But are you Sri Lankan or related by any affinity?
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by okeysoninv: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2022
Awoleesu:

Oh! I see...
Sri Lankans share common ancestry with India than China.
Besides, the PM in his speech gave credit to India for supporting Sri Lanka with aids... Not a single mention of China!

But are you Sri Lankan or related by any affinity?
the problem Sri Lanka is having is due to excessive borrowing from china. They virtually wrecked that nation .
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Ginaz(f): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Schrodinger2:
My Sri Lankan colleague once hinted this.

i saw your dm but I'm unable to access my mail cos i lost the passwords associated with it. what was it about?
Re: Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister by Schrodinger2(m): 5:50am On Jul 01, 2022
Ginaz:

i saw your dm but I'm unable to access my mail cos i lost the passwords associated with it. what was it about?
Yeah, it was about a post, but nevermind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) / Turkish Policeman Kills Russian Ambassador To Turkey Over Aleppo / Haiti Earthquake: 227 Dead, With Many Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.