Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity (3178 Views)

Question On Virginity / Check Out This Funny Tweet On Virginity✘[screenshot] / Hungup On Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by jackpot(f): 8:45am On Jul 24, 2011
Hey, Atreides, don't mind what nobody says condemning being a virgin. The option you chose is the best. Cheers
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Atreides(f): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2011
jackpot:

Hey, Atreides, don't mind what nobody says condemning being a virgin. The option you chose is the best. Cheers
Thanks.
I don't mind what people say most of time-Peer Pressure's never been my problem.
I'm who i want to be, I love the life i'm living and i no need them to gree.

What gets me though is how careless some people can be with their statements.

90% of the time,peer pressure doesn't affect me but it affects a lot of people my age.

A lot of Nlers or guests are under-18;there ain't no age restriction on here and even if there was,we'd lie about it and register anyways.

There are lots of us who look for advice on the internet/from their friends(which isn't the best place to look for advice anyways) and when we read/hear things like that it may make me feel mildly irritated, but it may make them feel like something is wrong with them.

They might end up doing something they really don't want to do and will feel guilty about because they want to fit into other people's perceptions of who they should be,of what's cool etc etc.

It's not right to say things like that because you have no idea who's reading it and how it may affect them.
If you want to do something that's fine but don't try,subtly or otherwise to pressure someone else into doing it.

We have enough trouble staying the way we are as it is-we don't need any extra pressure,thank you very much.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by jackpot(f): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2011
^^you're welcome. wink wink cool cool
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by claremont(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2011
Virginity is neither a virtue nor a lack of opportunity. It is a simple individual choice to make, there is nothing moral or immoral about making a choice to keep or loose a virgin status; there is no evidence that virgins are moral or less promiscuous, as compared to non-virgins. Virgins are simply person's who are yet to make a choice to loose their virginity, virginity is not/ should not be viewed contemporarily as a "snake's oil portion" which should be treasured. Some remote under-developed cultures may treasure it, but that's not applicable to other much more developed cultures.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Atreides(f): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

Virginity is neither a virtue nor a lack of opportunity. It is a simple individual choice to make, there is nothing moral or immoral about making a choice to keep or loose a virgin status; there is no evidence that virgins are moral or less promiscuous, as compared to non-virgins. Virgins are simply person's who are yet to make a choice to loose their virginity, virginity is not/ should not be viewed contemporarily as a "snake's oil portion" which should be treasured. Some remote under-developed cultures may treasure it, but that's not applicable to other much more developed cultures.

I agree with something thing you said-that virginity or the lack thereof is an individual choice.

I do not agree that it has NOTHING to do with morality though.

It doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with morality,it doesn't GUARANTEE morality,but it certainly has SOMETHING to do with it,at least most of the time.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2011
Atreides:

I agree with something thing you said-that virginity or the lack thereof is an individual choice.

I do not agree that it has NOTHING to do with morality though.

It doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with morality,it doesn't GUARANTEE morality,but it certainly has SOMETHING to do with it,at least most of the time.
Artreides, Pls stop wasting your energy on that deluded Fake A.S.S of an ATHEIST! He is the google, copy and paste type of ATHEIST! He knows Poo! undecided
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Rocktation(f): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2011
Claremont Claremont. I almost like this guy cos he's just like Mobo444. Same crazy talks through and through. Evidence my right butttt cheek!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by omaojo1: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2011
Being a virgin is by the widest of margin, the best option wherever, whenever.
Or are we trying to say God is wrong?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by kandiikane(m): 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
These days v[i]ir[/i]ginity has nothing to do with morality so forget that one.

omaojo1:

Being a virgin is by the widest of margin, the best option wherever, whenever.
Or are we trying to say God is wrong?

Not everyone believes in God, that is what you have to understand. .
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
but why are the virgins so agitated?
why do they want a trophy for each time they open their mouths to self importantly announce that they are virgins?

why do they assume this holier than thou stance?

why do they think that the singular fact of virginity automatically confers some superior stance on them and makes them better qualified human beings?

Why do they think that they automatically qualify as first class citizens for relationships and marriage?

why do they use the probable existence of the fact to mask their flaws and justify their shortcomings?

anyone who had dealings with so called virgins will confirm the above. personally i have nothing against virgins.

matter of fact i date two! they are the last on my list of possible spouses.

the moment they come out with the virgin line im cool. one thing is its irrelevant but thy dont get. matter of fact it exactly the same with the sex is everything folks, misses the point!

i understand how being one is kinda heady, i think of it as being like the only kid on the block with a toy no one else has. instant celeb status. mcheew.

personally i dont believe folks who say that, simply because its pointless. there isnt a way to find out without losing it see, catch 22. the simple fact is you either have sex or u dont. attaching some importance to either status is just dumb. so?

keep ur tololo tight if u wanna, so many sensible reasons why its a great thing. but a commendation or medal, im guessing u a bible thumper seeking ur daily holy fix. or just a religico ninja with holier than thou dependence syndrome.

the other side of the pro sex dumbos is even worse. why is it something to brag about, dangerous unhealthy living with no sound reasons?

im not a virgin, no. but then i really dont think my sex life or lack of it is a topical issue to warrant announcements and adverts/threads.

and really, the self confessed virgin writing reams of rants needs to chill. put ur mouth where ur toto dey girl, press pause. OR DO U WANT A LIFETIME RECOGNITION AWARD?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by buy1get2(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
hmmmm, im enjoyin dis
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by dohyn(m): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
@4llerbuntu,I never thot I'd say dis abt any1 on Nl,but guy/geh,u spoke my mind exactly!!!every single line.Gbam
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by tpia5: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
i really dont think my sex life or lack of it is a topical issue to warrant announcements and adverts/threads

please tell your brothers for me.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by DaDoctor: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
sexkillz:

My Bad! Then im inviting you to a Debate on GOD and LOVE! What's the Biggie? Am i too small to handle?
Who tha F*^K needs your friendship? undecided You want a debate, I want a debate! What are you scared of? undecidedIf you knew this"Logic", you should not have been derailing threads all in the name of proving that "Love" and "God" do not exist! undecided
Belittle you say? How F*^cking Big are you then? If i remember clearly, you said above that you are a "fellow Nairalander" undecided
Nah Boo! You behave Childishly at times! Dont Gimme that AGE CRAP! undecidedPointless online tussles? W.T.F! What was your main point of opening threads then? Counteracting any thread you deemed "illogical"? Gimme something more substantial Boo!I think we fall into the same category on this one! Yours may even be worse! undecidedHell NO Papy! THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!! WAITING! cool

SEXKILLS, YOU TOO LIKE THEORIES O! IT DOESNT WORK OUT MOST TIMES cheesy
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Da Doctor:

SEXKILLS, YOU TOO LIKE THEORIES O! IT DOESNT WORK OUT MOST TIMES cheesy

^^^Sorry Boo! But was i referring to you? undecided Why don't you stick to your DAMN BUSINESS! undecided
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by DaDoctor: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^Sorry Boo! But was i referring to you? undecided Why don't you stick to your DAMN BUSINESS! undecided

YOU NO EVEN GET RESPECT! YET YOU WAN GROW

SLAP URSELF FOR NOT HEEDING WISDOM, ABI I FIGHT U?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^Who da HECK are you advising? ME? LOL! Get off my CASE GRANDPA! undecided
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by DaDoctor: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^Who da HECK are you advising? ME? LOL! Get off my CASE GRANDPA! undecided

I know what you problem is
YOU ARE STARVED OF,,,,,?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
And you are vexed about that? LOL! You cant be starved of what you never had Boo!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by DaDoctor: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
sexkillz:

And you are vexed about that? LOL! You cant be starved of what you never had Boo!

SO U MEAN SAY THOSE FOOD WEN U DEY SEE EVRY HERE AND THERE NO DEY HUNGRY U ABI? JUST because ONE GAL HOLD U MUGU OF 'NO DO TILL WE MARRY'? WHERE AS HER COLLEAGUE THEY HELP U DO THE BRUSHING AND DUSTING, KAI

YOU DULLLLLLLLLLL

WAKY WAKY!!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
LOL @ Your Ignorance! So people like you still dey sha! I bow O! Deal with my STATUS!!! People sef! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Virginity by claremont(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Da Doctor:

SO U MEAN SAY THOSE FOOD WEN U DEY SEE EVRY HERE AND THERE NO DEY HUNGRY U ABI? JUST because ONE GAL HOLD U MUGU OF 'NO DO TILL WE MARRY'? WHERE AS HER COLLEAGUE THEY HELP U DO THE BRUSHING AND DUSTING, KAI
YOU DULLLLLLLLLLL
WAKY WAKY!!!
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must You Marry Someone That Struggled With You Before You Made It? / Sharia Approved Condoms. / Can U Marry A Girl That Doesn't Apply Makeup??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.