Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! (5262 Views)

The 3 Tribes That Make Up Rivers State And The LGAs They Occupy..(Photos). / Breaking News!!! See The 3 Tribes That Make Up Rivers State. / Top 10 Nigeria Tribes That Are Totally Landlocked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Bonny and Opobo hate Igbo names more than Bayelsa Ijaws.

Not even Siminaliayi Fubara of Opobo have Igbo name
They bear Ijaw names but are ethnically and linguistically Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Okrika is 1000 percent Ijaw infact why am I wasting time with this one who think agueing online makes up reality.
Okrika has a lot of Igbo communities. They may have stopped bearing Igbo names but those communities still maintain their Igbo names. Again, Igbo is the second language after Ijaw in Okrika.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by gidgiddy: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:
I grew up in Port-Harcourt, truth be told in reality Rivers State only has 3 tribes.
The three tribes that make up Rivers State are the Igboid, Ijoid and the Ogoni.

Rivers State has 23 LGAs

IJOID

1.Asari Toru (Ijoid)
2.Akuku Toru(Ijoid)
3.Abua/Odual(Ijoid)
4.Bonny (Ijoid)
5.Degema(Ijoid)
6.Opobo/Nkoro(Ijoid)
7.Andoni(Ijoid)
8.Okrika(Ijoid)
9.Ogu/Bolo (Ijoid)

IJOID/IGBOID/OGONI

10.Ahoada West(Ijoid/Igboid 50/50)
11.PH City (Igboid/Ijoid 50/50).

12.Oyigbo(Claimed by Ogoni/Ijoid/Igboid).
The people themselves claim Ijaw but speak language of more Igboid 80 percent 15 percent Ijoid and 5 percent Ogoni and are close to Ogoni especially Eleme.

IGBOID

13.Ikwerre (Igboid)
14.Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni(Igboid)
15.Ahoada East (Igboid)
16.Obio/Akpor(Igboid)
17.Emohua(Igboid)
18.Etche(Igboid)
19.Omuma(Igboid).

OGONI

20.Khana
21.Gokana
22.Tai
23..Eleme.

Upland(Igboid) have ruled 23 years since 23 years of Democracy.
Ijaws had the 23 years Deputy when Upland were rotating the Governor among themselves
And now that all parties have zoned the tickets to Ijaws don't you think that upland will ask for deputy?

That means e b like Ogoni no dey exist.

Only Upland (Igboid)

Riverine(Ijoid).

I have never met anyone who said their tribe is "Ijoid" or "Igboid"

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
nazicartel:
did I argue on anything?. Oyigbo is purely an Asa/Ndoki area.

And go ask an elderly Ndoki man concerning who they say they are.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:

Okrika has a lot of Igbo communities. They may have stopped bearing Igbo names but those communities still maintain their Igbo names. Again, Igbo is the second language after Ijaw in Okrika.
not even one.
Stop being stupid.

Okrika is 1000 percent Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:

Okrika speak only Ijaw and have no Igbo named community.
Liebermantic:

They bear Ijaw names but are ethnically and linguistically Igbo
That's a lie.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:
not even one.
Stop being stupid.

Okrika is 1000 percent Ijaw.

Go to Okrika page on Wikipedia and list the communities..
Okrika is a mix of Ijaw and Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:

Go to Okrika page on Wikipedia and list the communities..
Okrika is a mix of Ijaw and Igbo.

Stop talking about page created by Igbos.
Okrika is 1000 percent Ijaw go find out.

Its like saying Kalabari is Igbo
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
List of communities in Okrika

Abam
Abiobo
Amadi
Agbkien
Andi-kiri
Asemeningolike
Dan-kiri
Dikibo
Ekerekana
George
Ibaka
Ibuluya/Dikibo
Ikiriko
Ikpo-kiri
Iyo-kiri
Kalio
Mbi-kiri
Ndubusi
Ngbagbeboko
Ngolo
Oba
Obianime
Odokorobie
Ogan
Ogbogbo
Ogoloma
Ojimba
Okochiri
Okujagu
Okumgba
Okuru
Omoaobi
Omodere
Opuada
Otobipi
Owuogono
Ozuboko
Sara
Semembiri
Tere
Teriapu-Kiri
Wakama

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:
List of communities in Okrika

Abam
Abiobo
Amadi
Agbkien
Andi-kiri
Asemeningolike
Dan-kiri
Dikibo
Ekerekana
George
Ibaka
Ibuluya/Dikibo
Ikiriko
Ikpo-kiri
Iyo-kiri
Kalio
Mbi-kiri
Ndubusi
Ngbagbeboko
Ngolo
Oba
Obianime
Odokorobie
Ogan
Ogbogbo
Ogoloma
Ojimba
Okochiri
Okujagu
Okumgba
Okuru
Omoaobi
Omodere
Opuada
Otobipi
Owuogono
Ozuboko
Sara
Semembiri
Tere
Teriapu-Kiri
Wakama

Worworboy

BlackSaints

Sageb

Come see people claiming una
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by nextdoor84(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
You are just being economical with the truth!
Opobo is not Ijaw and it can never be.
Bonny is 80% igboid
Your take on Oyigbo is at best laughable!
Ahoada west has no Ijaw in it. It’s Igboid and Edoid (Engenni)
PH city is 98% Igboid
Abua and Odua are political Ijaws just as majority of Ijaws are.

It’s only in Nigeria that nonsense like this can exist. People claiming who they aren’t just for political convenience.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Worworboy

BlackSaints

Sageb

Come see people claiming una
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
The languages spoken by the Okrika people are Ijaw and Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Lionnation: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
There is no tribe as igboid. It's either Igbo or nothing else
thank you, I am beginning to wonder what igboid means

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
nextdoor84:
Bonny is 80% igboid
PH city is 98% Igboid

It’s only in Nigeria that nonsense like this can exist. People claiming who they aren’t just for political convenience.

Is Boma and Fubara an Igbo name?

Those are Opobo names Opobo don't answer Igbo named not even the smallest Opobo person.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:
The languages spoken by the Okrika people are Ijaw and Igbo
No Igbo.

You guys should go find out physical all this your online lies cannot help you
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
nextdoor84:
Bonny is 80% igboid
PH city is 98% Igboid

Convince yourself with whatever lies you want the reality still remains.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Is Boma and Fubara Igbo names?

Those are Opobo names Opobo don't answer Igbo names not even the smallest Opobo person.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by compton11(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

What crime is greater than ordering for the killing of anyone who mocked him and marring a minor. this is someone who humans are supposed to emulate.
where did he ordered the killing of who mocked him?

Where did he claimed he marry a minor?

Crixxx:

Tell us the crimes or evil Jesus commit all his days on earth. Muhammad is a paedophile

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
Luke 19:27

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:34
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by 9Pluto(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:
Its like a taboo in Bonny and Opobo to give child Igbo names
It must always be Ijaw name or highest English name can be added.

Not even their kings have Igbo name

This isn't true.
There's currently a professional footballer from Opobo who plays abroad and he bears igbo names. Uranta, Ikeokwuadighm, Epelle, Agbai etc are igbo names found in Opobo.

What does ugwumabiri mean in ijaw?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
9Pluto:

This isn't true.
There's currently a professional footballer from Opobo who plays abroad and he bears igbo names. Uranta, Ikeokwuadighm, Epelle, Agbai etc are igbo names found in Opobo.

That's a lie.
Go to Opobo and check their names I don't believe in online lies I believe in physical
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

That's a lie.
Go to Opobo and check their names I don't believe in online lies I believe in physical
Osondu, Lolo, Ada, Ubani, Uranta, Nnenna, etc are borne by Opobo people.
The Surname of King of Bonny is Asimini..Is Asimini an Ijaw word?
Does Ijaw call water Mini?
Asimini is the Father of Okpara Asimini,one of the progenitors of Bonny

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by 9Pluto(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

That's a lie.

What exactly is a lie in my comment? Do you mean those names are not Opobo names?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

That's a lie.
Opobo speaks Igbo language as the main language.
Ijaw names taken up by Some is for political assimilation. Opobo is historically and ethnically Igbo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:

Osondu, Lolo, Ada, Ubani, Uranta, Nnenna, etc are borne by Opobo people.
The Surname of King of Bonny is Asimini..Is Asimini an Ijaw word?
Does Ijaw call water Mini?
Asimini is the Father of Okpara Asimini,one of the progenitors of Bonny

Confused Igbos.

Foolish Bravetunde nogo come here come tell these lie Igbos that his village Opobo are not Igbos one day they will cannibalize him
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bravetunde
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:

Opobo speaks Igbo language as the main language.
Ijaw names taken up by Some is for political assimilation. Opobo is historically and ethnically Igbo
Dummy
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ibani people have asked Seun to block any post created by Igbos to claim them.
Oya open thread on it na.
You will be banned with immediate effect cheesy
Mumu.

Bravetunde you see your foolishness.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Bravetunde: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Confused Igbos.

Foolish Bravetunde nogo come here tell these lie Igbos that his village Opobo are not Igbos one day they will cannibalize him
you opened a thread to massage the igbos so that they will say truly you are ijaw for telling nairalanders that there are 3tribes in rivers state.
I can see through your liars.
Show yourself na.
Ijaw hates igbo,ijaws hates igbos but the most popular ijaws identify with our Igbo brothers.
Yes I'm ijaw and my clan has links with igbos just like most ijaws.
If you say you are not a Yoruba man,show your picture na.
Abi you dey fear to identify your tribe.
Derty ytroba pigg.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:
Ibani people have asked Seun to block any post created by Igbos to claim them.
Oya open thread on it na.
You will be banned with immediate effect cheesy
Mumu.

Bravetunde you see your foolishness.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bravetunde:
you opened a thread to massage the igbos so that they will say truly you are ijaw for telling nairalanders that there are 3tribes in rivers state.
I can see through your liars.
Show yourself na.
Ijaw hates igbo,ijaws hates igbos but the most popular ijaws identify with our Igbo brothers.
Yes I'm ijaw and my clan has links with igbos just like most ijaws.
If you say you are not a Yoruba man,show your picture na.
Abi you dey fear to identify your tribe.
Derty ytroba pigg.

Is Opobo your village Ijaw or Igbo.

Answer it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Kanke LGA Boss In Jos / Proof That INEC Said They Won't Transmit Results / Kogi State Governorship Election Result, All LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.