Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! (5205 Views)

The 3 Tribes That Make Up Rivers State And The LGAs They Occupy..(Photos). / Breaking News!!! See The 3 Tribes That Make Up Rivers State. / Top 10 Nigeria Tribes That Are Totally Landlocked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
I grew up in Port-Harcourt, truth be told in reality Rivers State only has 3 tribes.
The three tribes that make up Rivers State are the Igboid, Ijoid and the Ogoni.

Rivers State has 23 LGAs

IJOID

1.Asari Toru (Ijoid)
2.Akuku Toru(Ijoid)
3.Abua/Odual(Ijoid)
4.Bonny (Ijoid)
5.Degema(Ijoid)
6.Opobo/Nkoro(Ijoid)
7.Andoni(Ijoid)
8.Okrika(Ijoid)
9.Ogu/Bolo (Ijoid)

IJOID/IGBOID/OGONI

10.Ahoada West(Ijoid/Igboid 50/50)
11.PH City (Igboid/Ijoid 50/50).

12.Oyigbo(Claimed by Ogoni/Ijoid/Igboid).
The people themselves claim Ijaw but speak language of more Igboid 80 percent 15 percent Ijoid and 5 percent Ogoni and are close to Ogoni especially Eleme.

IGBOID

13.Ikwerre (Igboid)
14.Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni(Igboid)
15.Ahoada East (Igboid)
16.Obio/Akpor(Igboid)
17.Emohua(Igboid)
18.Etche(Igboid)
19.Omuma(Igboid).

OGONI

20.Khana
21.Gokana
22.Tai
23..Eleme.

Upland(Igboid) have ruled 23 years since 23 years of Democracy.
Ijaws had the 23 years Deputy when Upland were rotating the Governor among themselves
And now that all parties have zoned the tickets to Ijaws don't you think that upland will ask for deputy?

That means e b like Ogoni no dey exist.

Only Upland (Igboid)

Riverine(Ijoid).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by ObosiUkwalla: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
There is no tribe as igboid. It's either Igbo or nothing else

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Crixxx: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Headslammers won't like this atall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Crixxx: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Ikwerre and some other tribes are Igboid groups I don't know if they're Igbo.
Igbo Etche na confirm Igbo infact they speak Igbo and say they're Igbos. Visited once.

History should really be compulsory in schools tho.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

But in Rivers state it matters.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

Ikwerre and some other tribes are Igboid groups I don't know if they're Igbo.
Igbo Etche na confirm Igbo infact they speak Igbo and say they're Igbos. Visited once.

History should really be compulsory in schools tho.

Yeah.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Deborah98(f): 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
I've always been a curious child right from time,my first visit to pH was when I was six. My aunt was wedding then so my mom took me to be my aunt's flower girl. Then I grew up and went back to work still in pH,I wasn't too comfortable with the "Ru" the add to every word that starts or should be left as "Umu". No one could explain things to my level and understanding then,so I had it in mind to ask my dad whenever I come back home,Sha I've forgotten sef cos politics, region and stuffs like this aren't studied in a day,my dad said the didn't want to get associated with Igbo or something like that hence the addition of "Ru" to all the words that begins with "Umu". Okay my elder sister is married to an ikwerre man and God of heaven,this guys surname is typically Igbo but ikwerre people just twisted everything. Which one is Wonodi,Wachukwu,Wike and the rest. Abeg they should stop spoiling our language and our names for us. What exactly is their grievances?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by r4bbit: 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Isoright wink
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by SuRamzy: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
And okoro aka ipigs wanted to snatch them into their biafra do or die ego sad

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Liebermantic: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Bonny, Opobo and Ahoada west have no Ijaw tribe.
Opobo is Ubani and Nkoro
Bonny is Ubani
Ahoada west is Ekpeye and Engenni
Okrika is Ijaw and Igbo
Eleme is Ogoni and Igbo
Oyigbo doesn't have any atom of Ijaw.
Oyigbo is Igbo
Opobo and Bonny are a mix of Igbo and Ijaw.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:
Opobo is Ubani and Nkoro
Bonny is Ubani
Okrika is Ijaw and Igbo
Eleme is Ogoni and Igbo
Oyigbo is Igbo

Bonny and Opobo hate Igbo names more than Bayelsa Ijaws.

Not even Siminaliayi Fubara of Opobo have Igbo name
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2022
Its like a taboo in Bonny and Opobo to give child Igbo names
It must always be Ijaw name or highest English name can be added.

Not even their kings have Igbo name
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by compton11(m): 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:
Headslammers won't like this atall
nigga!

How is this sh.it concern Muslims?

Oh sorry,u mean Jesus the headslammer!
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ahoada West man is Amnesty boss its because he is Ijaw that's why Ijaw allow him collect that office if not, no way for none Ijaws till today till forever.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Liebermantic:
Opobo is Ubani and Nkoro
Bonny is Ubani
Okrika is Ijaw and Igbo
Eleme is Ogoni and Igbo
Oyigbo is Igbo

Okrika is 1000 percent Ijaw infact why am I wasting time with this one who think agueing online makes up reality.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Reality still remains reality is what I posted.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Crixxx: 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
compton11:
nigga!

How is this sh.it concern Muslims?

Oh sorry,u mean Jesus the headslammer!

Muhammad and his followers are the only headslammers ever recorded in history

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

But what brought religion into this issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by compton11(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

Nah nigga!

Seems u don't read your Bible.

Jesus,Moses,Samuel and so on were recorded as such too,that is how they worship their God not shaking booty and dangling tits in a so called dayclub called church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Christistruth00: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
angry grin angry
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Christistruth00: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
At least IPOB have given up dragging Lagos with Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

At least they have given up dragging Lagos with Yorubas
Cool down.

You need rest.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

At least IPOB have given up dragging Lagos with Yorubas
They claim its no mans land
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Crixxx: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
compton11:
Nah nigga!

Seems u don't read your Bible.

Jesus,Moses,Samuel and so on were recorded as such too,that is how they worship their God not shaking booty and dangling tits in a so called dayclub called church.

What crime is greater than ordering for the killing of anyone who mocked him and marring a minor. this is someone who humans are supposed to emulate.

Tell us the crimes or evil Jesus commit all his days on earth. Muhammad is a paedophile

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by nazicartel(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:
I grew up in Port-Harcourt, truth be told in reality Rivers State only has 3 tribes.
The three tribes that make up Rivers State are the Igboid, Ijoid and the Ogoni.

Rivers State has 23 LGAs

IJOID

1.Asari Toru (Ijoid)
2.Akuku Toru(Ijoid)
3.Abua/Odual(Ijoid)
4.Bonny (Ijoid)
5.Degema(Ijoid)
6.Opobo/Nkoro(Ijoid)
7.Andoni(Ijoid)
8.Okrika(Ijoid)
9.Ogu/Bolo (Ijoid)

IJOID/IGBOID/OGONI

10.Ahoada West(Ijoid/Igboid 50/50)
11.PH City (Igboid/Ijoid 50/50).

12.Oyigbo(Claimed by Ogoni/Ijoid/Igboid).
The people themselves claim Ijaw but speak language of more Igboid 80 percent 15 percent Ijoid and 5 percent Ogoni and are close to Ogoni especially Eleme.

IGBOID

13.Ikwerre (Igboid)
14.Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni(Igboid)
15.Ahoada East (Igboid)
16.Obio/Akpor(Igboid)
17.Emohua(Igboid)
18.Etche(Igboid)
19.Omuma(Igboid).

OGONI

20.Khana
21.Gokana
22.Tai
23..Eleme.

Upland(Igboid) have ruled 23 years since 23 years of Democracy.
Ijaws had the 23 years Deputy when Upland were rotating the Governor among themselves
And now that all parties have zoned the tickets to Ijaws don't you think that upland will ask for deputy?

That means e b like Ogoni no dey exist.

Only Upland (Igboid)

Riverine(Ijoid).
which other clan is in Oyigbo apart from Asa and Ndoki ?. Coming from Ogoni/Tai. You will enter through Egberu , which also happens to be Ndoki and down to Afam. Then straight to the main Oyigbo which has MmiriNwanyi and the Obeama , which also happens to be Asa ... So which other clan is in Oyigbo?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by flyingdutchman(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Your head is turninoninown!
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
flyingdutchman:
Your head is turninoninown!

Which one be this na?
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Bonny and Opobo hate Igbo names more than Bayelsa Ijaws.

Not even Siminaliayi Fubara of Opobo have Igbo name

…..But love their language abi!? See ‘reasoning’! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
nazicartel:
which other clan is in Oyigbo apart from Asa and Ndoki ?. Coming from Ogoni/Tai. You will enter through Egberu , which also happens to be Ndoki and down to Afam. Then straight to the main Oyigbo which has MmiriNwanyi and the Obeama , which also happens to be Asa ... So which other clan is in Oyigbo?

Not here for aguement

I'm here for facts.
Didn't take sides.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by Ebi2233: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
PROUDIGBO:

…..But love their language abi!? See ‘reasoning’! shocked

Even the language is being hated and they are doing all they can to 100 percent kill it.

Oloma,Kuruama, Abalama, Finima, Kalaibama, Ngalaka, Jumbo, Piribi, Iwoama, Etc speak pure Ibani Ijaw all of Bonny LGA.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! by nazicartel(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Not here for aguement

I'm here for facts.
Didn't take sides.
did I argue on anything?. Oyigbo is purely an Asa/Ndoki area.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures / Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.