Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? (1575 Views)

Nigerians Are Bad, Kai I Feel Like Crying For The Girl / Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
For over 5 years now, I rarely eat any kind of meat because there's this strange feeling of guilt within me whenever I'm cutting or chewing meat.. I suddenly begin to imagine the animal being alive and the thought of that alone makes me nauseous.
However, I do eat different kinds of fishes and eggs. The annoying thing is my mind is beginning to bother me again concerning this one that I've been managing to enjoy.

For few days now, I've been craving banga soup so I decided to prepare it today. I bought all the ingredients I needed and I chose to use catfish, I bought a big one to enjoy myself very well.
After offloading on getting home, I decided to prepare my catfish for the cooking. Picked a knife to complete the half cutting that was done in the market, as I touched the fish, I noticed it was still pulsating after over 30mins of purchase. It really broke my heart and I became so emotional. I thought of just throwing it away but then I just poured a handful of salt over it and left the kitchen.
After about 30mins, I went back and managed to complete the preparation and then the soup..

The thing now is I've completely lost appetite for the meal I've been craving for just because of this.

Is like I'd start working towards becoming a vegetarian and I hope it's going to be an interesting venture..

Who else experiences this? How do you cope with such feelings?

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Shapeaso: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Feelings ke? Na me dey butcher am sef. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by SUPERPACK: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Hunger never catch you na why you still dey pity for animals that will also kill and eat you at the slightest opportunity. On this street it is eat or be eaten, no emotion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2022
Shapeaso:
Feelings ke? Na me dey butcher am sef. cheesy cheesy
Na wa o..
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Hunger never catch you na why you still dey pity for animals that will also kill and eat you at the slightest opportunity. On this street it is eat or be eaten, no emotion.
You mean like survival of the fittest abi..
I've always tried to fight the feeling but it just doesn't work embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by yomi007k(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
cheesy

Nne pls send me your house address make I come carry the soup.

Pls no waste food during this sapa period...

...no need to thank me.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
yomi007k:
cheesy

Nne pls send me your house address make I come carry the soup.

Pls no waste food during this sapa period...

...no need to thank me.
Find your way to Lawanson, drop a message when you get there, I'll also give you the 4 wraps of fufu I bought so you can enjoy it wella
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Mariangeles(f): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sanmel:
You mean like survival of the fittest abi..
I've always tried to fight the feeling but it just doesn't work embarassed

Don't fight it dear.
You're possibly a vegetarian by nature. (Since you have no problem eating eggs)

Some natural born vegans throw up when they (mistakenly) eat anything meat.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by yomi007k(m): 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sanmel:
Find your way to Lawanson, drop a message when you get there, I'll also give you the 4 wraps of fufu I bought so you can enjoy it wella

grin

Omo you serious ooo...
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Mariangeles:

Don't fight it dear.
You're possibly a vegetarian by nature. (Since you have no problem eating eggs)

Some natural born vegans throw up when they (mistakenly) eat anything meat.
Thanks.. I know I've always disliked beef but then with time goat meat joined, then chicken and turkey followed.. The fish I love so much is now on the list cry

I've been trying to check up many other protein sources that are not animal based.. God help me.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
yomi007k:

grin

Omo you serious ooo...
You won't understand
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Ogamysamo: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
if you like if scorpion sting you don't kill it, miss guilty guilty
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sanmel:
Do you really wish to live life as a vegetarian? undecided

See a mental health counselor to help you unravel those emotions abeg. It could be trauma related. undecided

Animals for Animal kingdom dey kill and eat other animals, blood and all. Na me go come to dey feel guilt because say I wan chop small meat? Abegi! undecided
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
Things dey happen sha, me that like meat and fish like this. I can eat meat and forget food sef.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Michelle55: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sanmel:
For over 5 years now, I rarely eat any kind of meat because there's this strange feeling of guilt within me whenever I'm cutting or chewing meat.. I suddenly begin to imagine the animal being alive and the thought of that alone makes me nauseous.
However, I do eat different kinds of fishes and eggs. The annoying thing is my mind is beginning to bother me again concerning this one that I've been managing to enjoy.

For few days now, I've been craving banga soup so I decided to prepare it today. I bought all the ingredients I needed and I chose to use catfish, I bought a big one to enjoy myself very well.
After offloading on getting home, I decided to prepare my catfish for the cooking. Picked a knife to complete the half cutting that was done in the market, as I touched the fish, I noticed it was still pulsating after over 30mins of purchase. It really broke my heart and I became so emotional. I thought of just throwing it away but then I just poured a handful of salt over it and left the kitchen.
After about 30mins, I went back and managed to complete the preparation and then the soup..

The thing now is I've completely lost appetite for the meal I've been craving for just because of this.

Is like I'd start working towards becoming a vegetarian and I hope it's going to be an interesting venture..

Where are you located please? Someone needs to do justice to that food.
I only get to feel that way if it's chicken or goat and that's why I don't bother staying close when It's been slaughtered cos I might give you 1001 reasons why it should be left alive.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2022
Michelle55:

Where are you located please? Someone needs to do justice to that food.
I only get to feel that way if it's chicken or goat and that's why I don't bother staying close when It's been slaughtered cos I might give you 1001 reasons why it should be left alive.

Lawanson. I managed to eat out of it this afternoon but not without thinking while eating, it's a crazy feeling really..
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Michelle55: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sanmel:

Lawanson. I managed to eat out of it this afternoon but not without thinking while eating, it's a crazy feeling really..
Send me address biko, that food mustn't waste cry
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Mom007(f): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2022
Its an attack of the devil, pray about it. God has given us dominion over all the creatures and said we can use all you mentioned above for food. Rebuke any lying spirit that is trying to tell you otherwise and enjoy your life. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by zexy2030(m): 8:03am On Nov 25, 2022
It's actually the spirit of fear and u r very emotional. Soft minded.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2022
zexy2030:
It's actually the spirit of fear and u r very emotional. Soft minded.
Fear, no.. Emotional, yes..
Not to worry, I'm working towards becoming a vegetarian winkGod help me.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by zexy2030(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2022
Sanmel:
Fear, no.. Emotional, yes..
Not to worry, I'm working towards becoming a vegetarian winkGod help me.
Let me show u how to overcome it. Just unlearn and re orientate yourself. You are acting on meditations. Animals are created to be eaten. I was like you before but after a while. God said it's ur food, Peter arise kill n eat, christ disciples were fisher men.

Well, ur type sha will be too romantic in bed. Your soul will be in bed with ur man. I like you spirit mode. But rwmwber it's part of food that God crated for us to eat.

Animals don't have souls.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2022
zexy2030:

Let me show u how to overcome it. Just unlearn and re orientate yourself. You are acting on meditations. Animals are created to be eaten. I was like you before but after a while. God said it's ur food, Peter arise kill n eat, christ disciples were fisher men.

Well, ur type sha will be too romantic in bed. Your soul will be in bed with ur man. I like you spirit mode. But rwmwber it's part of food that God crated for us to eat.

Animals don't have souls.
Hmmmm..
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by harmargedon: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
Sanmel:

you see too much meat chop nah em cos am.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
harmargedon:
you see too much meat chop nah em cos am.
cheesy grin
No be so jare
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
If you're feeling sorry for them just know dat they'll also kill you at the slightest moment when you go to their territory . go and watch the movie man eater you'll see how sharks and whale kill human beings.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Annahh(f): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Wow this is serious, that means you can't kill a chicken, I kill live chicken without feeling any guilt, they are our food, simple.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Nokio1: 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
all this kain feelings before u know u will start shouting ..buuuhaarriii buuuuhAriii bluu uuu
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 12:40am On Nov 28, 2022
Annahh:
Wow this is serious, that means you can't kill a chicken, I kill live chicken without feeling any guilt, they are our food, simple.

Chicken loun loun. If I dey kill mosquitoes & cockroaches sef, I dey feel somehow but I have to do it anyways..
Crazy right.. Honestly, I'm trying to fight such feeling sha. My mind always like, "so you want to end the life of this creature just like that"

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Sanmel(f): 12:42am On Nov 28, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:
If you're feeling sorry for them just know dat they'll also kill you at the slightest moment when you go to their territory . go and watch the movie man eater you'll see how sharks and whale kill human beings.
Yeah..
Thanks for the movie recommendation, I will watch it soon
Re: Why Do I Feel So Much Guilt??? by Annahh(f): 7:08am On Nov 28, 2022
Sanmel:
Chicken loun loun. If I dey kill mosquitoes & cockroaches sef, I dey feel somehow but I have to do it anyways..
Crazy right.. Honestly, I'm trying to fight such feeling sha. My mind always like, "so you want to end the life of this creature just like that"
You will gradually become animal right activist cheesy.

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Store Pepper And Tomatoes / Titus Sardine - Reduction In The Number Of Fishes Contained Therein / Agege Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.