Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? (3561 Views)

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
jaephoenix:

Is that the definition of an atheist? Are you sure? I’m sure you are connected to the internet. Why not check it out? undecided

That is what I understand by atheist. Is it another word for Muslim?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 12:42am On Mar 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

That is what I understand by atheist. Is it another word for Muslim?
I realize chrissies like burying their heads in the sand, with their asses sticking. They are not interested in knowledge, only what their bible tells them about the world. If you don't know the definition of atheist, how the fvck are you gonna understand my point. This is what a few seconds of google can solve, but no, he'd rather believe the bullshit he's been taught
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 3:13am On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

I realize chrissies like burying their heads in the sand, with their asses sticking. They are not interested in knowledge, only what their bible tells them about the world. If you don't know the definition of atheist, how the fvck are you gonna understand my point. This is what a few seconds of google can solve, but no, he'd rather believe the bullshit he's been taught

I told you I don't debate atheists. I don't.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by orisa37: 7:55am On Mar 12, 2023
JESUS CHRIST IS THE FULFILMENT OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by advocatejare(m): 8:38am On Mar 12, 2023
AntiChristian:

Prophet Sulaiman didn't write about breast at all.
Thanks but we reject that! He was wiser to have written those!
I hope you have rejected your Allah who wrote about breast in the Quran? Was Allah not wiser to have written such?

“And full-breasted [companions] of equal age.”
-Quran 78:33

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Lawag3: 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are you saying there are spiritually bodies inside physical bodies? lipsrsealed

Yes they're spiritual bodies inside our physical bodies. We humans have a soul a body and a spirit.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
AntiChristian:
Powerlessness? Just as yours exhibited his foolishness and weakness thus for the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. One Corinthians 1:25. You can interpret it as you like.
Sorry, I received a BAN for responding to this same post. Let me see if I can respond again without the Nairaland bot flagging it.

AntiChristian:
Powerlessness? Just as yours exhibited his foolishness and weakness thus for the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. One Corinthians 1:25. You can interpret it as you like.

Does God Sleep? How does God awake from Sleep?
Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, as a warrior wakes from the stupor of wine. Psalm 78:65. lipsrsealed
I can only laugh at your mischievous feigning of ignorance of English language.
Try again sir!

AntiChristian:

Even if you become impotent today na one Muslim/enemy dey do you! Na so your Christian life be! I was banned for almost 24 hrs too! I didn't complain at all!

I don't know about such book of "Sahih Hadith".
Since you claim to be IGNORANT of your religion, let me help you out

I think got banned for posting Arabic script
Here is the English Version
I saw my Lord in the form of a young man having plenty of curly hair in a green meadow.

Narrator: [/b]Abdullah bin Abbas | The narrator: Ibn Taymiyyah |
[b]Source:
Statement of Dressing the Jahmiyyah,
page or number: 7/290
| A summary of the hadeeth’s verdict: Sahih
Graduation: It was included by Ibn Uday in ((Al-Kamil fi Al-Du’afa’) (2/260), Al-Bayhaqi in ((The Names and Attributes)) (938), and Ibn Al-Jawzi in ((The Infinite Illnesses)) (16) with a slight difference

Let me also give you the link
https://www.dorar.net/h/9k1WPsJH

AntiChristian:

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 532
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "The believers will be kept (waiting) on the Day of Resurrection so long that they will become worried and say, "Let us ask somebody to intercede far us with our Lord so that He may relieve us from our place.
This is NOT the Hadith I referred you to sir. This is it.

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s:
Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say , 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation.

The website link before you start feigning Ignorance again.

Here are my questions again:
1. Is it true that Mohammed said that Allah is in the Image of a Young man putting on a green suit and with black curly hair?
Sahih Hadith in "Bayan Talbis al-Jahmiyyah by Ibn Taymiyyah 7/290"

2. Is it true that on the day of judgement, Allah will appear to you Muslims in another form that you will reject? You will even ask Allah take refuge from him
Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s

I will ask you further questions after you respond to these two questions.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

I'm certain youre the person, but if you wanna dodge no problem. Lets continue
1. The difference here is I didn’t make a promise to those bacteria or robot that they are my people
2. I highlighted the key word. Trinity as 'almost exactly' like the wave-particle duality, but not like it. Totally different concepts
3. Good. How did you know death is a disconnect between body and spirit? Did any dead person send you an email concerning that, or did you read up some bullshit from a book(that talks about talking donkeys and snakes) which cannot be verified ?
4. Im not 1000% certain everything is physical. But you are 1000% certain of the existence of the spiritual, yet you have no single shred of evidence of the spiritual or supernatural. Not one, not even a tiny shred. I'm open-minded. I would like to know(if you bring any evidence that stands to scrutiny) but in your own case you believe wholeheartedly without evidence. In fact I can tell you I live in Mars and you'll believe me(as long as I'm your pastor, or it says so in your buybull). This is because your mind is trained not to question anything, just believe it stupidly
4. Yes. Go ahead convince me the universe has an origin
5. I don't know if the natural laws have a creator. But if you say they have a creator, how come its not your favorite god. I can posit it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and that it created your yahweh, do you believe it?
6. Well, you're so sure that creator exists. So how did you measure him? What are his/they/it attributes and how did arrive at them?
7. Your final question is irrelevant
Even though I still answered this your so-called questions in this post, it is convenient for you to insist I am dodging questions when of a truth even here , you are the one cherry picking.

Again for your perusal:
Do not choose the questions, respond to each as long as you are a truthful person, we'll arrive at the same destination.

jaephoenix:

We have a pending discourse on a thread about how murderous Yahweh was, but you dodged it.
You must must have mixed me up with someone else. I don't dodge questions of the faith.
LOL! You mere stardust sense of self importance is amazingly extra large!
I will deflate you with just a few simple questions except you are insincere

Do you know Sophia the AI Robot? Would it be a Murderous CRIME for her Engineers to Switch of her Battery Power pack?

Will you consider yourself a genocidal murderer for disinfecting you toilet and wiping out millions of bacteria just because you selfishly want a clean toilet. You are both living beings aren't you?

jaephoenix:

Back to your post. I believe you know whar an illogicallity means, right? You talk about complete illogicalities in the beliefs of Islam? Although I don't know the specific illogicalities you mentioned, how does it differ to Christian illogicalities? You believe in the Trinity but u don't believe Yahweh died, u said it was only jesus that died.
I marvel at your ignorance in extremely simple concepts that even have parallels in science.

If you don't understand what Trinity is, ask questions.

If Trinity is ILLOGICAL, is the Wave-Particle Duality of matter also Illogical?
A Particle is Distinct from a Wave and Yet subatomic particles like electrons behave as both waves and particles. Almost exactly like the Trinity. The Father is distinct for the son and distinct for the Spirit, yet the Father , the Son and the Spirit is ONE Entity.

If you don't understand this, you'll need to comprehend simple physical nature first before delving in spiritual things. If you have questions, ask rather than going off in tangent based on assumptions.

Finally,
To you death is ANNIHILATION!
To Christians, death is NEVER an Annihilation. It is a DISCONNECTION between your Body and the Spiritual You (your real being).
In that sense, when Jesus Died, His body was Disconnected from His Real Being as no one Truly DIES!

If you have questions, ask!

jaephoenix:

You believe talking donkeys, snakes, bushes burning without actually burning, dudes parting seas with just a stick, sun and moon standing still, dude chilling in whales etc? Oh I forgot you believe a virgin got preggies?
To those who think EVERYTHING is completely Physical, they may sound Illogical. However for Theists, these are NOT impossibilities. Muslims and Christians believe in miracles.

Are you 1000% certain that EVERYTHING in the Universe is guided by no other factor except by Physical Laws?

jaephoenix:

1. To be honest, i don't know if the universe has an origin or not, there are theories around which makes sense, but doesn't completely gel. The theory of creationism that you believe in is just plain falsehood. Even the Catholic church agree its bullshit and have embraced evolution. Even the theory of big bang was made by a Catholic priest
1. The law of entropy show that the Entropy of the Universe is Increasing. Tracing it backward in time, the origin is where Entropy is minimum. Hence the Universe has a begining
2. The Big Bang/Inflation theory projects that the Universe is about 13.8billion years ago. Hence, the universe has a beginning
3. If the Universe can be proved to one day in the future come to an end where all energies are evenly dispersed, it is another proof that the Universe has not always existed.
4. ALL physical laws of Physics and Chemistry have their origin with the spontaneous creation of space, time and matter about 13.8billion years ago

If I have convinced you that the Universe has an origin, it can only mean that the FORCE that brought forth the Universe is EXTERNAL to the Laws of Nature. Do you agree or disagree with this?

jaephoenix:

2. Same for the source of natural laws. Remember you said it was created in one thread, I asked you who did it and proof, then you dodged
Who created the Natural laws?
The answer is simple:
He is the Uncaused First-Cause of Everything who existed beyond the physical laws, time and space. He is called by many titles such as God, the Creator, Olorum, Ubangiji etc
Even though many people are aware of Him, they may not know Him.

You didn't answer my Question:
Do you know the Source of the Physical Laws?

jaephoenix:

3. I don't understand this question. Maybe you need to rephrase…
I said:
In the Physical Space, Consciousness CANNOT evolve out of nothing. It takes Consciousness to produce other Consciousness.
In other words:
a. Is it possible for a Laptop to evolve out of the elements of the earth complete with its software?
b. Is it possible for a software to spontaneously grow on a hard disk drive?

jaephoenix:

1. Good. If you say your favorite daddy created it, then you gotta show proof. Else, why shouldn't I believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe and your Yahweh
2. Ditto for this:
The stupid rhetoric again?

What kind of Physical Evidence will you need that will be agreeable to you?
Note:
If the Creator is immaterial, what instrument do you think you need to measure him?

Do you know what SYSTEM is?
Have you ever seen a system that just appeared spontaneously in nature? Can you have a building without a builder? Can you have an aeroplane without the engineer?

Your ALTERNATIVE proposal for the existence of Life and the Universe is a MIRACLE where the physical laws created themselves AND everything just spontaneously came forth by themselves.

What is your BEST answer for the Source of Everything?

jaephoenix:

3. What if I posit, consciousness can come out of nothing? Can you counter me? Who created or made that original consciousness?
Of course, we live in a physical world this, it should be easy for you to find physical examples.

A simple Question for You:
Given a functional computer with all physical hardware complete (RAM, ROM, HDD, VDU, Power Source etc) but zero software (no system software, no application software, no CMOS initialisation program etc) , given enough time in billions of years, what is the probability that in 600 billion years, we can put on the computer and it will boot up and perform the minutest rudimentary function?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

I'm certain youre the person, but if you wanna dodge no problem. Lets continue
1. The difference here is I didn’t make a promise to those bacteria or robot that they are my people
When did God make any promise to you that you are His.
The bible says the Lord knows those who are His..

jaephoenix:

2. I highlighted the key word. Trinity as 'almost exactly' like the wave-particle duality, but not like it. Totally different concept
Is the Wave-Particle Duality of matter Illogical?

jaephoenix:

3. Good. How did you know death is a disconnect between body and spirit? Did any dead person send you an email concerning that, or did you read up some bullshit from a book(that talks about talking donkeys and snakes) which cannot be verified ?
You won't believe non physical evidence anyways? What's the point?

jaephoenix:

4. Im not 1000% certain everything is physical. But you are 1000% certain of the existence of the spiritual, yet you have no single shred of evidence of the spiritual or supernatural. Not one, not even a tiny shred. I'm open-minded. I would like to know(if you bring any evidence that stands to scrutiny) but in your own case you believe wholeheartedly without evidence. In fact I can tell you I live in Mars and you'll believe me(as long as I'm your pastor, or it says so in your buybull). This is because your mind is trained not to question anything, just believe it stupidly
But you are sure God didn't make anything and neither does He exist.

jaephoenix:

4. Yes. Go ahead convince me the universe has an origin
Read again: I gave you scientific proofs

jaephoenix:

5. I don't know if the natural laws have a creator. But if you say they have a creator, how come its not your favorite god. I can posit it is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and that it created your yahweh, do you believe it?
You should at least have a better or more plausible explanation. I've given you my explanations.
Over to you please!

jaephoenix:

6. Well, you're so sure that creator exists. So how did you measure him? What are his/they/it attributes and how did arrive at them?
You are the one to decide on how to measure the Creator if He is Immaterial, timeless and Eternal

jaephoenix:

7. Your final question is irrelevant
It is a lame excuse to avoid being boxed in a corner. Please respond to the question
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2023
TenQ:

Sorry, I received a BAN for responding to this same post. Let me see if I can respond again without the Nairaland bot flagging it.

I can only laugh at your mischievous feigning of ignorance of English language.
Try again sir!

Since you claim to be IGNORANT of your religion, let me help you out

Let me also give you the link
https://www.dorar.net/h/9k1WPsJH

I think I have told you the hadith that are not in the major books of Hadith are rather not to be used for judgement! I don't recognize your source so I have no comment on that!

This is NOT the Hadith I referred you to sir. This is it.

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s:
Let every nation follow what they used to worship,' and now we are waiting for our Lord.' Then the Almighty will come to them in a shape other than the one which they saw the first time, and He will say, 'I am your Lord,' and they will say , 'You are not our Lord.' And none will speak: to Him then but the Prophets, and then it will be said to them, 'Do you know any sign by which you can recognize Him?' They will say. 'The Shin,' and so Allah will then uncover His Shin whereupon every believer will prostrate before Him and there will remain those who used to prostrate before Him just for showing off and for gaining good reputation.

The website link before you start feigning Ignorance again.

Here are my questions again:
1. Is it true that Mohammed said that Allah is in the Image of a Young man putting on a green suit and with black curly hair?
Sahih Hadith in "Bayan Talbis al-Jahmiyyah by Ibn Taymiyyah 7/290"

2. Is it true that on the day of judgement, Allah will appear to you Muslims in another form that you will reject? You will even ask Allah take refuge from him
Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s

I will ask you further questions after you respond to these two questions.

The second hadith is clear and Sahih. So?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2023
AntiChristian:

I think I have told you the hadith that are not in the major books of Hadith are rather not to be used for judgement! I don't recognize your source so I have no comment on that!
How can that be my fault?
These are your religious books and literatures written by Muslims for Muslims glorifying Mohammed. The fact that they are embarrassing for you is no my fault.

Are you saying that Mohammed NEVER saw his Lord?

AntiChristian:

The second hadith is clear and Sahih. So?
1. Do you agree that contrary to your claim, Allah does INCARNATE?
2. Do you agree that According to the Authentic Hadith by Bukhari, Allah didn't change back to the form you Muslims agree with, doesn it mean that we have at least TWO shapes of Allah?
3. Now that Allah came in a different form to you Muslims, did he loose his "Allahship"?
4. How does the shin of Allah look like?
It has been a puzzling question to me since non of you Muslims have ever seen Allah!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2023
TenQ:

How can that be my fault?
These are your religious books and literatures written by Muslims for Muslims glorifying Mohammed. The fact that they are embarrassing for you is no my fault.

Are you saying that Mohammed NEVER saw his Lord?
It's your fault. Ibn Taymiyyah is not an hadith compiler like Bukhari, Muslim and the rest. Yet, you went on windows shopping to quote something from who knows where!

1. Do you agree that contrary to your claim, Allah does INCARNATE?
Allah has never! Reincarnation does not exist in Islam.

2. Do you agree that According to the Authentic Hadith by Bukhari, Allah didn't change back to the form you Muslims agree with, doesn it mean that we have at least TWO shapes of Allah?
What for was He before? Allah will appear to us in forms He wills on Judgement day! This has never happened.

3. Now that Allah came in a different form to you Muslims, did he loose his "Allahship"?
Future tense not present!
4. How does the shin of Allah look like?
It has been a puzzling question to me since non of you Muslims have ever seen Allah!

Once your premises are wrong all your conclusions follows suit!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Lawag3:

Yes they're spiritual bodies inside our physical bodies. We humans have a soul a body and a spirit.
How do you know all these?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

I told you I don't debate atheists. I don't.
Ok. Noted
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
TenQ:

When did God make any promise to you that you are His.
The bible says the Lord knows those who are His..

Is the Wave-Particle Duality of matter Illogical?

You won't believe non physical evidence anyways? What's the point?

But you are sure God didn't make anything and neither does He exist.

Read again: I gave you scientific proofs

You should at least have a better or more plausible explanation. I've given you my explanations.
Over to you please!

You are the one to decide on how to measure the Creator if He is Immaterial, timeless and Eternal

It is a lame excuse to avoid being boxed in a corner. Please respond to the question
These are examples where he promised quality life
You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. Exodus 23:25 ESV

Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. Jeremiah 33:6 ESV

Even those who are his are getting annihilated by yahweh, so what's the use believing in him?

2. The wave-particle duality of light is logical and was finally figured out when physicists began studying the photoelectric effect. Understanding this duality allowed an understanding of the effect, to the point that today solar power (using photoelectric cells) is a growing part of the world energy supply. Lasers, microscopes, microelectronics, medicine, and a host of other applications rely on our complete understanding of how light functions. Light as a wave moves at light speed, while particles of light carry momentum. Someday, gigantic solar sails may catch the momentum of photons and carry travelers to distant stars.

3. From what you posted here, you have an idea of science. Imagine I tell you that I live in Mars, and in fact, I fly to Earth on a daily basis, would you believe me implicitly or ask for evidence?
But you want to present a 'fact' that hasn't been confirmed neither by you or anyone. If science works that way, there won't be Invention, just speculations

4. Yes I'm so sure he doesn't exist or create anything.
Lemme ask you. Do you believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM) exists, or He created anything? Yes or no.

5. You didn't give any scientific proof the universe has a beginning

6. So you don't believe the FSM existed, so what's the use embarking on this discourse?

7. Since you know, you assumed you have measured him/her/they/it. So how did you go about it?

8. Okay. The answer is no. The PC cannot do such

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2023
AntiChristian:
It's your fault. Ibn Taymiyyah is not an hadith compiler like Bukhari, Muslim and the rest. Yet, you went on windows shopping to quote something from who knows where!
1. Are you implying that Muslims REJECT all Hadiths by Ibn Taymiyyah? You may wish to tell me why ALL his hadith collection are Rejected!
It would be wrong for me to reference books that Muslims REJECT.

AntiChristian:

Allah has never! Reincarnation does not exist in Islam.
I didn't discuss Reincarnation. I spoke about INCARNATION.
Incarnation mean that a Deity assume another (different) form.

In this case, Allah appeared in ANOTHER form different form his first appearance to you Muslims

AntiChristian:

What for was He before? Allah will appear to us in forms He wills on Judgement day! This has never happened.
Is there ANY iota of Evidence that Allah's incarnation will ONLY take place in future?
Are you saying that Allahs other shape is not Eternal?

AntiChristian:

Future tense not present!
Let me put the question in future tense
3. Now that Allah will come came in a different form to you Muslims, did will he loose his "Allahship"?

AntiChristian:

Once your premises are wrong all your conclusions follows suit!
This actually suits you well:
At least we have established that Allah can be in other forms of shape (which you initially denied), now, you have to modify your WHOLE theology about Allah!
LOL

Does the fact that Allah didn't appear according to your expectations CHANGE who Allah is?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
TenQ:

1. Are you implying that Muslims REJECT all Hadiths by Ibn Taymiyyah? You may wish to tell me why ALL his hadith collection are Rejected!
It would be wrong for me to reference books that Muslims REJECT.
Is he an Hadith collector?

I didn't discuss Reincarnation. I spoke about INCARNATION.
Incarnation mean that a Deity assume another (different) form.

In this case, Allah appeared in ANOTHER form different form his first appearance to you Muslims
This will be on Judgement day!

Is there ANY iota of Evidence that Allah's incarnation will ONLY take place in future?
Are you saying that Allahs other shape is not Eternal?
Which other shape and where was it mentioned?

Let me put the question in future tense
3. Now that Allah will come came in a different form to you Muslims, did will he loose his "Allahship"?
Allah is always Allah. Appearing in a different form to what He appeared at first on judgement day does not matter!

This actually suits you well:
At least we have established that Allah can be in other forms of shape (which you initially denied), now, you have to modify your WHOLE theology about Allah!
LOL

Does the fact that Allah didn't appear according to your expectations CHANGE who Allah is?

Allah can be in any form He wishes to be on that day. Prior to that no one knows how He is/was!
You are always telling lies that one denied something. But you'll deny it that you were relating the hadith as if it had happened!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

These are examples where he promised quality life
You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. Exodus 23:25 ESV

Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security. Jeremiah 33:6 ESV

Even those who are his are getting annihilated by yahweh, so what's the use believing in him?
1. I aske you a question which you ignored:
Will it be WICKEDNESS for the Engineers who created Sophia the AI robot to turn off her power pack?
2. Is death the same as annihilation according to the little Christian Religious knowledge you have? Isn't death a call back home?

jaephoenix:

2. The wave-particle duality of light is logical and was finally figured out when physicists began studying the photoelectric effect. Understanding this duality allowed an understanding of the effect, to the point that today solar power (using photoelectric cells) is a growing part of the world energy supply. Lasers, microscopes, microelectronics, medicine, and a host of other applications rely on our complete understanding of how light functions. Light as a wave moves at light speed, while particles of light carry momentum. Someday, gigantic solar sails may catch the momentum of photons and carry travelers to distant stars.
What about if I don't understand the Wave-Particle Duality of Matter and I insist that particles CANNOT perform Interference, does it change the reality of the W-P Duality of Matter?

Same with Trinity dear!

jaephoenix:

3. From what you posted here, you have an idea of science. Imagine I tell you that I live in Mars, and in fact, I fly to Earth on a daily basis, would you believe me implicitly or ask for evidence?
But you want to present a 'fact' that hasn't been confirmed neither by you or anyone. If science works that way, there won't be Invention, just speculations
Are you saying that ANYTHING that cannot be QUANTIFIED doesn't exist?

Of course, I cannot believe you UNTIL I experience it myself or learn from Trusted Sources. Quantum physics is like that. A particle tunneling through a higher barrier potential. It is best experienced by self OR rely upon the Testimony of those who are Qualified.

Too many things I believe without my own personal experience. Mass of electron, E=mc2, W-P duality of matter etc, I rely both on reason and knowledgeable testimony of experts.

I don't just take a position of REJECTION and DENIAL like Atheists for things they don't understand.
jaephoenix:

4. Yes I'm so sure he doesn't exist or create anything.
Lemme ask you. Do you believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM) exists, or He created anything? Yes or no.
LOL!
You are perfectly SURE and CERTAIN that there is
1. No other dimensions in the universe other than the physical
2. Everything spontaneously came out of NOTHING (this is a miracle)

Of course I know that FSM doesn't exist because it is a creation of Atheists to mock especially the God of Christians.

jaephoenix:

5. You didn't give any scientific proof the universe has a beginning
I did sir

1. The law of entropy show that the Entropy of the Universe is Increasing. Tracing it backward in time, the origin is where Entropy is minimum. Hence the Universe has a begining
2. The Big Bang/Inflation theory projects that the Universe is about 13.8billion years ago. Hence, the universe has a beginning
3. If the Universe can be proved to one day in the future come to an end where all energies are evenly dispersed, it is another proof that the Universe has not always existed.
4. ALL physical laws of Physics and Chemistry have their origin with the spontaneous creation of space, time and matter about 13.8billion years ago

If I have convinced you that the Universe has an origin, it can only mean that the FORCE that brought forth the Universe is EXTERNAL to the Laws of Nature. Do you agree or disagree with this?

jaephoenix:

6. So you don't believe the FSM existed, so what's the use embarking on this discourse?
Even atheists cannot tell us a factual characteristic of the FSM. It is a mock god

jaephoenix:

7. Since you know, you assumed you have measured him/her/they/it. So how did you go about it?
I should ask you.
No Christian has called his Creator Material!
You are the ones asking that God be presented to you in a material form isn't it.

The ball is in your court

jaephoenix:

8. Okay. The answer is no. The PC cannot do such
But you expect that life came out of INORGANIC elements. How did the programming of life and it's attendant organic systems came into being?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
TenQ:

1. I aske you a question which you ignored:
Will it be WICKEDNESS for the Engineers who created Sophia the AI robot to turn off her power pack?
2. Is death the same as annihilation according to the little Christian Religious knowledge you have? Isn't death a call back home?

3. If you don't understand the Wave-Particle Duality of Matter, it is not the scientists' fault you're dense. Read up
4. Yes, ANYTHING that cannot be QUANTIFIED doesn't exist(for now) because if you insist it exists, then the burden of proof is in you(or any positor or scientist.
Also you said you won't believe me until you experience the phenomenon. Which is good. So I want to experience such 'supernatural'. Simple

5. Like I said, big bang (and other theories) explained how the universe came about.

What about if I don't understand the Wave-Particle Duality of Matter and I insist that particles CANNOT perform Interference, does it change the reality of the W-P Duality of Matter?

Same with Trinity dear!

Are you saying that ANYTHING that cannot be QUANTIFIED doesn't exist?

Of course, I cannot believe you UNTIL I experience it myself or learn from Trusted Sources. Quantum physics is like that. A particle tunneling through a higher barrier potential. It is best experienced by self OR rely upon the Testimony of those who are Qualified.

Too many things I believe without my own personal experience. Mass of electron, E=mc2, W-P duality of matter etc, I rely both on reason and knowledgeable testimony of experts.

I don't just take a position of REJECTION and DENIAL like Atheists for things they don't understand.

LOL!
You are perfectly SURE and CERTAIN that there is
1. No other dimensions in the universe other than the physical
2. Everything spontaneously came out of NOTHING (this is a miracle)

Of course I know that FSM doesn't exist because it is a creation of Atheists to mock especially the God of Christians.

I did sir

Even atheists cannot tell us a factual characteristic of the FSM. It is a mock god

I should ask you.
No Christian has called his Creator Material!
You are the ones asking that God be presented to you in a material form isn't it.

The ball is in your court

But you expect that life came out of INORGANIC elements. How did the programming of life and it's attendant organic systems came into being?
1. Obviously you can't read. Because I clearly answered that question when I said if the Engineer promised the robot that its life is important to him, he can't terminate it at his whim. There's a promise involved. Also humans aint AI. We breathe and we have 'spirits' according to you guys
2. If death is a call back home, why haven't you gone back home? Would you like to be called back home with my shotgun? Besides, don't you people constantly fast and pray, even pay tithe against the 'spirit of death' everyday? So why are you guys afraid of this 'Going home'?
3. You said you cannot believe my UNTIL you experience yourself or learn from 'Trusted Sources'. Which is right. So why should I be begrudged for not believing the supernatural without an experience? I have been an atheist for close to 20 years, yet haven't seen any such phenomenon.

4. If you insist there are other spiritual dimensions, you need to prove it. If you cannot prove it, why should I believe you? I insist they don't exist (til they they are proven). Big bang and other theories attempt to explain how the universe came about. Your creationism says magic was involved, and it was by a sky daddy. So where did the sky daddy come from? Didn't he come from nothing?
What if I insist the FSM insists, and it has a holy book?

5. So lets assume that the FORCE that brought forth the Universe is EXTERNAL to the Laws of Nature. Where did it come from? Yahweh? Thor? Obatala? Chukwu?

6. Learn more about FSM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Oh christians have measured him and laid down some qualities. Omnipotent, Omniscient, omnibenevolence, etc

8. Computer programming isn't life.
Besides youre still saying life came out of nothing when your yahweh came out of nothing
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Obviously you can't read. Because I clearly answered that question when I said if the Engineer promised the robot that its life is important to him, he can't terminate it at his whim. There's a promise involved. Also humans aint AI. We breathe and we have 'spirits' according to you guys
No you didnt.
When did God promise you jaephoenix anything?
Since God didn't promise you anything with respect to life, your answer should be a simple

Secondly, when a person dies, is he in a state of annihilation?
jaephoenix:

2. If death is a call back home, why haven't you gone back home? Would you like to be called back home with my shotgun? Besides, don't you people constantly fast and pray, even pay tithe against the 'spirit of death' everyday? So why are you guys afraid of this 'Going home'?
I am actually looking forward to returning home whenever my time is up and I have completed my assignment hear on earth.
It isn't within the preview of any man to know when it is his time to go except by suicide.

The Engineers of Sophia can readily bring her back to life even if they reduced her to her basic electronic and mechanical components. Don't you think so?

jaephoenix:

3. You said you cannot believe my UNTIL you experience yourself or learn from 'Trusted Sources'. Which is right. So why should I be begrudged for not believing the supernatural without an experience? I have been an atheist for close to 20 years, yet haven't seen any such phenomenon.
Good for you that you have not seen any such phenomenon that could help you make up your mind: why?
Your mind is ALREADY made up AGAINST anything spiritual.
You have built walls of arguments AGAINST such that reason beclouds you.
It is your CHOICE bro!
It cannot be forced!

jaephoenix:

4. If you insist there are other spiritual dimensions, you need to prove it. If you cannot prove it, why should I believe you? I insist they don't exist (til they they are proven). Big bang and other theories attempt to explain how the universe came about. Your creationism says magic was involved, and it was by a sky daddy. So where did the sky daddy come from? Didn't he come from nothing?
What if I insist the FSM insists, and it has a holy book?
I don't NEED to prove ANYTHING to you, it doesn't work that way. Each person based on the same pool of available information and experience has to convince HIMSELF of the reality of the Creator.
Speaking about magic:
Can you explain how the DNA of living things acquired enough information that controls everything about a living being.
I asked you if a blank computer can suddenly boot up after several billion years without programmers imputing bot systems softwares and application programs into it. You said, NO!
But here you are. An intelligent star dust.

IS THIS NOT A MIRACLE?

jaephoenix:

5. So lets assume that the FORCE that brought forth the Universe is EXTERNAL to the Laws of Nature. Where did it come from? Yahweh? Thor? Obatala? Chukwu?
Since the laws of nature came forth only after the BIG BANG, you and I have no non-natural means of comprehending WHERE or HOW the Uncaused First Cause of Everything came from.
How can Sophia explain how a headache feels like?
LOL!

jaephoenix:

6. Learn more about FSM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Is it TRUE that you believe in FSM?

jaephoenix:

Oh christians have measured him and laid down some qualities. Omnipotent, Omniscient, omnibenevolence, etc
Like scientists have been able to measure INFINITY!
Can you please remind me of its value in kilometers?

So these words are in the Bible?
Please teach me!

jaephoenix:

8. Computer programming isn't life.
Besides you're still saying life came out of nothing when your yahweh came out of nothing
If you know a tiny bit of Object Oriented Programing and Computer Systems, you will understand that Microcontroller powered devices and microcontroller powered devices are just imitations of living being.

If Christians have ever explained that their God is made of materials, you would have had a strong argument. But God is a Spirit!.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
TenQ:

No you didnt.
When did God promise you jaephoenix anything?
Since God didn't promise you anything with respect to life, your answer should be a simple

Secondly, when a person dies, is he in a state of annihilation?

I am actually looking forward to returning home whenever my time is up and I have completed my assignment hear on earth.
It isn't within the preview of any man to know when it is his time to go except by suicide.

The Engineers of Sophia can readily bring her back to life even if they reduced her to her basic electronic and mechanical components. Don't you think so?

Good for you that you have not seen any such phenomenon that could help you make up your mind: why?
Your mind is ALREADY made up AGAINST anything spiritual.
You have built walls of arguments AGAINST such that reason beclouds you.
It is your CHOICE bro!
It cannot be forced!

I don't NEED to prove ANYTHING to you, it doesn't work that way. Each person based on the same pool of available information and experience has to convince HIMSELF of the reality of the Creator.
Speaking about magic:
Can you explain how the DNA of living things acquired enough information that controls everything about a living being.
I asked you if a blank computer can suddenly boot up after several billion years without programmers imputing bot systems softwares and application programs into it. You said, NO!
But here you are. An intelligent star dust.

IS THIS NOT A MIRACLE?

Since the laws of nature came forth only after the BIG BANG, you and I have no non-natural means of comprehending WHERE or HOW the Uncaused First Cause of Everything came from.
How can Sophia explain how a headache feels like?
LOL!

Is it TRUE that you believe in FSM?

Like scientists have been able to measure INFINITY!
Can you please remind me of its value in kilometers?

So these words are in the Bible?
Please teach me!

If you know a tiny bit of Object Oriented Programing and Computer Systems, you will understand that Microcontroller powered devices and microcontroller powered devices are just imitations of living being.

If Christians have ever explained that their God is made of materials, you would have had a strong argument. But God is a Spirit!.
1. I didn't say yahweh promised me. I meant his own people, christians. As you know, they die as easily as the 'heathens'
2. So dodged where I stated christians fast and pray against 'going home' and also get sad when their loved ones 'go home'. So what is enjoyable about it
Sophia engineers can bring her back to life. Can yahweh do such? No. Only place he does it is in your mythical bible, not in real life
3. So if one's mind is made up against the spiritual, he doesn't get any spiritual encounter? So why do your fellow christians warn me that one day I'll meet some spiritual entities like demons, ghosts etc and they'll harm me grin
4. I have told you I dont know. Tell me where is the source of live in that DNA? And your evidence for it

5. It does not matter if I believe in the FSM. People do believe in it. So don't discard it

6. So are you saying these are false attributes of your yahweh? Yes or no?

7. Good. If yahweh is a spirit, HOW DO YOU KNOW?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by OkCornel(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

The Hebrew phrase translated as “little children” here in the King James Version is קָטָן (qatan) נַעַר (naar) which carries the meaning of “small boys, young men, youth.” In 1 Kings 3:7 Solomon says, “And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child (qatan naar).” Some suggest that Solomon was in his mid-twenties while an ancient book called, Apostolical Constitutions II (Ed. Lagarde 14, 17) suggest that he may have been as young as twelve: “Solomon was King of Israel when twelve years old.” Other places in Scripture seem to indicate that qatan naar refers to “young men” (1 Samuel 20:35; 1 Kings 11:17).

Source https://lastmessageofmercy.com/article/view/2-kings-223-25-did-god-kill-children-as-a-result-of-elishas-curse

Thanks, the bolded part is what I’m trying to draw.

So how are you 100% certain it’s little kids that mocked Elisha, and not young men/youths?

The original scriptures wasn’t written in English so, there’s the likelihood of things interpreted out of context.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
OkCornel:

Thanks, the bolded part is what I’m trying to draw.

So how are you 100% certain it’s little kids that mocked Elisha, and not young men/youths?

The original scriptures wasn’t written in English so, there’s the likelihood of things interpreted out of context.
That word is ancient language, so we can only infer. Even the best ancient language scholars infer and sometimes translate in the context. So that word means boy. Even in contemporary English, boy can mean a child of 5 to early 20s. But in the real meaning its a male child from 5 years but not a man.
If it was a man, the Bible text woulda have simply called them men

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lawag3:

And how did you know all this
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by FxMasterz: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
AntiChristian:

So he was praying to himself putting his head on the floor?

Jesus can't be a deceiver na!

He said "our father who is in heaven..." not on earth o!

He even called Him his God and LORD.

How will Jesus have a God and LORD?

My God my God why have you forsaken me? Who forsook who? God forsook himself?

This is my son in whom I'm well pleased.

Who is talking here? The father! To who? Jesus! Who is Jesus? The same father!

Are you sane?

When Buhari who's president as well as minister of petroleum wants to write the presidency to release funds to the ministry, how do you think he'll do it? Of course, he'll write as the minister of petroleum and still deliver the demands as the president!

You deliberately want to remain deceived. How does God creating human in His image become the same thing as God creating humans in His essence? You don't even need high education to know that Image is different from essence.

It's better you stay off Christan threads instead of dabbling into things you know nothing about and making offpoint contributions.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Lawag3: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

And how did you know all this

If I told you. You won't believe me .

Have you ever had an out of body experience?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 1:02am On Mar 16, 2023
Lawag3:

If I told you. You won't believe me .

Have you ever had an out of body experience?
No I haven't. You know why I don't believe all those stories? Because people lie a lot. Its a normal human trait. And that is why science is based on evidence and not the testimonies of Lawag3 or other humans. Sometimes it may not be a lie. It may be an 'experience' they had due to mental illness or drugs. Which still doesn't make it legit. Another reason is people give varying wild out of body experience stories. And since nobody can verify that, then it would be just another Snow White and the 7 Dwarves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bible Gives The Location Of Hell / A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family / Is It A Sin For A Born Again Christian To Drink Palm Wine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.