Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? (3558 Views)

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
SIRTee15:

Those kids were young men according to Jewish scriptures. They were not some pre teens without knowledge of what they were doing.

All Onan had to do if he wasn't interested in rasing kids they weren't his own was to say NO. He didn't, he wanted the pleasure but not the responsibility. That's was a wicked thing.
No one will kill him if he refused. Judah noticed the trend and refused to pass the lady on to his 3rd child as per tradition- nothing happened to him.
Judah could have man up and perform the deed himself but stylishly sent her away- God didn't kill him.

The verse is all about taking responsibility that comes with pleasure, God hates it the opposite- a warning to men who denies responsibility for pregnancy they create and force the woman to have an abortion.
Are you aware Yahweh hardened someone's heart so he can kill the man's children and punish him?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
MightySparrow:

Who instituted the Quran?

Who instituted mutt'ah? Why is it that some Muslims claim that only shia practice it.

Who abrogated it.
Islam is a joke my friend
Same as christianity

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

There's more deceit in the bible
Really!?

Even though, both Muslims and Christians believe in MIRACLES

Do you in your life think that the Creator will say that men's reproductive fluids come from their backbone while the females reproductive fluids come from their rib cage?

Do you think that it is remotely possible that the Creator of everything will think that the Sun sets in a pool of murky waters?

Please, respond to these
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Same as christianity
Tell me more joor
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Unfortunately your Bible isnt much better

How?

Dó you mean the correction contains more errors that the original question? grin
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
TenQ:

Really!?

Even though, both Muslims and Christians believe in MIRACLES

Do you in your life think that the Creator will say that men's reproductive fluids come from their backbone while the females reproductive fluids come from their rib cage?

Do you think that it is remotely possible that the Creator of everything will think that the Sun sets in a pool of murky waters?

Please, respond to these
Dude, I'm not a theist.
Christianity has its own daft points. Islam aint the only dafties atound. Remember the bible said sun stood still for days, man was made from mud/sand, donkeys and snakes talk, folks hang out inside fishes, bushes burn without actually burning etc. All the regular stuff I find in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2023
MightySparrow:

Tell me more joor
The bible has been found to be full of lies

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
MightySparrow:

How?

Dó you mean the correction contains more errors that the original question? grin
The stories in the bible are lies and contradictions to each other

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

The stories in the bible are lies and contradictions to each other

The science off Professor Mohammed ((SAW) of sperm forming in the spinal cord is not a lie.grin grin

And we have potatoes of medical doctors , biology and related courses still remaining as Muslims.

Even you. Hahahagrin
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

The bible has been found to be full of lies

Tell us some of them.

Is it Allah of Quran that ha two hands on the right side that is your God?
I beg, go and be using burantashi in preparation for 72 houris with ever erecting boobs in your Al - Jaanah.

Let rest here joor. grin
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by SIRTee15: 10:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are you aware Yahweh hardened someone's heart so he can kill the man's children and punish him?

Quote the context u talking about. I don't debate th bible in abstract or generalisation.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2023
jaephoenix:

That is how the man hardened his heart when he was tormenting God's children, 400 years worth and even increasing their sorrow and suffering when they said they wanted to go and even murdered their own male children when they perceived they would soon be saved by power, and he did not hear their cries

An hardening of heart for a hardening of heart, a killing of children for a killing of children, evil, for evil the equation balance, as I pray that God would give you back all the evils you have ever done in this life as He gave Pharoah and Egypt back their own evil work.

Just is served!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 6:50am On Mar 10, 2023
MightySparrow:

[8]But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
[9]As we said before, so say I now again, If any man ( Any man, Mohammed, Sheikhs, Imams Alfas, Antichristian, Zakir Naik, Ahmed Deedat...) preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9

I think you can read English. That is our Bible. We are Christians and don't reason like Muslims. You don't have part in our covenant and heritage!

Says Paul the impostor!

Did Jesus say that?

Jesus wasn't even aware of your New testament! Lol
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2023
MightySparrow:

[8]But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
[9]As we said before, so say I now again, If any man (including Mohammed) preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9

Christian faith is done and seAle before Mohammed.

So leave us alone!

Weyin concern us with the foolish Galatians?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 7:16am On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Weyin concern us with the foolish Galatians?

Maybe you are one the modern day Galatians yourselves.grin
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Lawag3: 7:18am On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

The verse never stated that God can't also come to earth like Jesus did!

If Jesus is God, then his father can die and do other things he did!

I never said that God can't come down infact he has come down before in the bible to give Moses the ten commandments

Jesus is God but he function differently from God the father
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Says Paul the impostor!

Did Jesus say that?

Jesus wasn't even aware of your New testament! Lol

You are deluded Sir. Why is it that about 2 billion Christians don't reason same way you Muslims do?

We are simply not the same. You are not part of us. Leave us alone and cling to your prophet.
By the way why are you always fighting for your prophet? Of all 124,000prophets as claimed by Mohammed why is he the only one reviled all over the world.
Use your brain brother.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Lawag3: 7:27am On Mar 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

What do spiritual bodies have

I don't know all I know physical bodies can't survive on a spiritual world. Because physical bodies put a limit on the amazing abilities of a spiritual bodies
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2023
MightySparrow:

You are deluded Sir. Why is it that about 2 billion Christians don't reason same way you Muslims do?

We are simply not the same. You are not part of us. Leave us alone and cling to your prophet.
By the way why are you always fighting for your prophet? Of all 124,000prophets as claimed by Mohammed why is he the only one reviled all over the world.
Use your brain brother.

Na you no dey use your brain! Na wetin i ask you be this? Did i say we are the same? Even you are not the same with the followers of Jesus before he left not to talk of comparing yourself with Muslims!
The number of Prophets and messengers Allah sent is unknown! The 124k you wrote above is weak! Na weak people like you dey use am for big judgement like this.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2023
Lawag3:

I never said that God can't come down infact he has come down before in the bible to give Moses the ten commandments

Jesus is God but he function differently from God the father

God came down? lipsrsealed Error 404!

So something was above him when he came down?

Nothing is above my God, ever!

How is Jesus God? Where did he call himself God like God called Himself several times in the Old testament?
State verses!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 8:24am On Mar 10, 2023
MightySparrow:

Maybe you are one the modern day Galatians yourselves.grin

Go home and look for them!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dude, I'm not a theist.
Christianity has its own daft points. Islam aint the only dafties atound. Remember the bible said sun stood still for days, man was made from mud/sand, donkeys and snakes talk, folks hang out inside fishes, bushes burn without actually burning etc. All the regular stuff I find in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
To atheists, these not make any sense to you because you believe NOT in the spiritual not the supernatural. However, in the context of the spiritual and supernatural, Christians and Moslems agree. The difference is that upon the spiritual and supernatural we agree upon, you can also bring forth complete illogicalities in the BELIEVES of Muslims.

Since you claim to not being a Theist, it means you also have some inconsistencies to deal with.

1. Does the Universe have an origin?
2. What is the source of the natural laws?
3. In the Physical Space, can consciousness evolve out of nothing?
All your answers to these questions will be problematic at best and it is extreme STUPIDITY to claim to be an Atheist who is AGNOSTIC!

As Christians, we have answers to the three Questions
1. The Universe has an origin: it is NOT Eternal
2. God who is ETERNAL and IMMATERIAL is the source of ALL natural laws
3. In the Physical Space, Consciousness CANNOT evolve out of nothing. It takes Consciousness to produce other Consciousness.

Do you have reasonable answers to the Questions above?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

What do spiritual bodies have
What are softwares in a computer made of?

Can you describe the software in an AI robot in terms of mass, time, volume, charge, spin, dimensions etc?

If you can't present a physical representation of softwares in an AI or computer hardware, is that a reasonable and conclusive proof that they don't exist?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

How is Jesus God? Where did he call himself God like God called Himself several times in the Old testament?
State verses!
Is your argument that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to INCARNATE?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 9:39am On Mar 10, 2023
TenQ:

Is your argument that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to INCARNATE?

Nothing is impossible for God. But many things are unbefitting for Him to do.

Like Him becoming man to save man!

If he wants to save insects will he become an insect too?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Nothing is impossible for God. But many things are unbefitting for Him to do.

Like Him becoming man to save man!

If he wants to save insects will he become an insect too?

You have a contradictory statement. Please correct me if I am wrong

1. It seems you are not against the fact that God can INCARNATE into other forms: is this correct?

2. Are you implying that the INCARNATION of God will make Him not Himself again?

3. Who determines what is beneath God to do? You Muslims!?
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by AntiChristian: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2023
TenQ:

You have a contradictory statement. Please correct me if I am wrong

1. It seems you are not against the fact that God can INCARNATE into other forms: is this correct?
I am against it. Allah never said He did that. So it is false. Impossibility is not ascribed to Allah for He is able to do all things!

2. Are you implying that the INCARNATION of God will make Him not Himself again?
He has to inform us of such matter for us to believe it. Otherwise it is false. Why does He need to reincarnate when He has power to do all things?

3. Who determines what is beneath God to do? You Muslims!?
Allah determines it.

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All­Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.
Qur'an 4:171

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by Lawag3: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

State verses!

Yes he

You know you coming down means you where like above right not below

God can come down to meet humans it's below him but he can do it anyway because he has no pride in him he hates pride. He literally says he are the father are one. Jesus presents Himself as the Good Shepherd and, in a debate with the Jewish leaders, makes the claim, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). It was a bold statement—one His audience found quite audacious—and it reveals much about who Jesus is.

Five key observations can be made concerning this passage. First, Jesus claimed to be one with God in the sense of being equal to Him. Jesus did not claim to be merely a messenger or prophet of God, but of equal power with God.

Second, His audience understood that Jesus was claiming equality with God the Father. In verse 31, “The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.” Why? Blasphemy was a crime punishable by death according to the Jewish Law. When Jesus asked why they were planning to kill Him, they answered, “For blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God” (John 10:33) Jesus shows them a scripture in psalm that says the messiah is the son of God
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by TenQ: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

I am against it. Allah never said He did that. So it is false. Impossibility is not ascribed to Allah for He is able to do all things!

He has to inform us of such matter for us to believe it. Otherwise it is false. Why does He need to reincarnate when He has power to do all things?

Allah determines it.

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All­Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.
Qur'an 4:171
Allah spoke of his powerlessness in bringing forth a son without having a girlfriend/consort. If indeed God is one to say BE and it is, nothing is impossible for Him. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob didn't find it impossible to bring forth Jesus without sexual intercourse, even Adam wasn't brought forth by sex. Why would Allah need sex to bring forth a son? A little analysis of Quran 4:171 show that Mohammed is the one speaking his OPINION about this issue and not even Allah.

Someone deleted my response to you, I hope you have no hand in it. Let me see if I can remember some of what I said

1. Is it true that Mohammed said that Allah is in the Image of a Young man putting on a green suit and with black curly hair?
Sahih Hadith in "Bayan Talbis al-Jahmiyyah by Ibn Taymiyyah 7/290"

2. Is it true that on the day of judgement, Allah will appear to you Muslims in another form that you will reject? You will even ask Allah take refuge from him
Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s

I will ask you further questions after you respond to these two questions.
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Go home and look for them!
I found one of them in you!
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by MightySparrow: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na you no dey use your brain! Na wetin i ask you be this? Did i say we are the same? Even you are not the same with the followers of Jesus before he left not to talk of comparing yourself with Muslims!
The number of Prophets and messengers Allah sent is unknown! The 124k you wrote above is weak! Na weak people like you dey use am for big judgement like this.

Only be honest for once Muslim. If you qoute one Hadith that is against the idea of a Muslim he will say it is daif; if it is favourable, it is sahih.
Can't be honest for once?

Anyway, you are not n Arab. Mohammed is not sent to you. grin
Re: If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? by jaephoenix(m): 12:33am On Mar 11, 2023
MightySparrow:

The science off Professor Mohammed ((SAW) of sperm forming in the spinal cord is not a lie.grin grin

And we have potatoes of medical doctors , biology and related courses still remaining as Muslims.

Even you. Hahahagrin
I don't understand what you mean by the bolded. Care to explain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Scientists Explain Their Faith. / S. Arabia Has 100k Empty Tents With AC For 3M People- Zero Refugees Taken (pix) / Why Did Lucifer Fall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.